Hall of Wonders - Role Playing & Creative Writing
Moderated by ChowGuy, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Treasure Hunt – IC thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 17  Next Page »
posted 03-27-06 03:13 PM EDT (US)   
This is the IC (In Character) thread for Treasure Hunt. Please Keep any long OOC (Out Of Character) messages out of this thread.

This first post that will be on the top of every page, I will use to keep track everyone’s hp spells prepared/spells per day left as well of any condition or spell that affect the characters.

Useful links:
The official e3.5 D&D rules
The Giant Trilogy rules changes and additions
Character thread

Turock:
Hp 51, AC 21, longstrider (3h)
Prepared spells:
Level 0: Mending, read magic, detect magic
Level 1: Bless, protection from evil, shield of faith
Level 2:

Zaaszee:
Hp 43, AC 23

Rane Valnor:
Hp 30 (31), AC 23, mage armor (1h)

Morgalad
Hp 31, AC 19

Karr:
Hp 52 (56), AC 20
0)-Detect magicx2, read magic, purify food and water, light
1)-shield of faith, bless + longstrider (domain)
2)-bull's strength + Remove paralysis (domain)

Nershat:
Hp 26, AC 19, mage armor (5h)
Spells/day left:
Level 0: 6
Level 1: 1 (7)
Level 2: 4 (5)

Thorin:
Hp 35 (37), AC 17

Tarok:
Hp 28 (29), AC 18

Map showing the area around Zooryn and the Ruin the Party is on their way to (resize it to full size):

http://i3.tinypic.com/w7xy8l.png

Enemies currently in fight with party:

Kris Lighthawk
Creator of Lighthawk's mod

[This message has been edited by Kris Lighthawk (edited 08-06-2007 @ 06:14 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-05-06 09:44 PM EDT (US)     331 / 502  
Nerhsta saw the Ogre smash Karr down as he ran into the ruins. He began casting. Hs mind took its own form, bolts of magic slamming into the ogre, gashes appearing in its sides.

(Magic Missile to Ogre 2, 4+1 4+1 3+1= 14)

The Ogre seemed on the verge of collapsing, but it stood, sustaining wounds no ordinary Ogre could.

( 1 on spot check for worg, 4+5 on will save for illusions, 20+10 for spellcraft)

Watching the hobgobblin attack one of the people, he recognized that they where illusions, easily.

OOC: My Dice roll well. Go real dice(okay, I was using a D8, and the 1-2=1 3-4=2 5-6=3 7-8=4, but still.).

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer

[This message has been edited by Pacifica2 (edited 11-05-2006 @ 09:47 PM).]

posted 11-06-06 04:57 AM EDT (US)     332 / 502  
OOC: The ogre is down, Thorin already did 9 damage to it

Kris Lighthawk
posted 11-06-06 09:37 AM EDT (US)     333 / 502  
IC:
Having no nearby enemies to attack Zaaszee used the time to quickly grab and drink a potion of cure light wounds. He failed to notice the worg or that there was anything unusual about the humans.

(Cure light wounds: 8+1=9 points healed, DC 15 spot: 11+1=12, DC 13 will: 4+1-4=1)

Turock didn’t notice the worg wither, focused as he was on the ogre. He was just about to charge the ogre when it was felled by a crossbow bolt and magic missiles. He instead ran over to Karr and transformed a lesser restoration spell into healing energy and used it to heal Karr with.

(DC 15 spot, 9+2-5=7, moves to z15, cure moderate wounds: 8+1+3=12 points healed (and the 6 points of nonlethal damage is healed as well) Karr has 15 hp now)

”Karr, see what you can do for Tarok” Turock said when Karr woke up.

DM note:

Karr will have a single move action this round (so he can get back on his feet)

Kris Lighthawk
posted 11-07-06 08:35 PM EDT (US)     334 / 502  
IC:

Karr opened his eyes,not quite sure what had happened at first but when Turock spoke to him about Tarok things started to clear up in his mind.Karr stood up and realized Turock must have healed him alittle, for the last thing he remembered was the Ogre standing in front of him hitting him with that greatclub.

***Tarok*** Karr thought,Karr turned and looked at the Dwarf still laying on the ground next to the wall,Karr grabbed a scroll to use,then saw the Monk running back into the castle courtyard,***good*** Karr thought, we all must have survived so far, and he hoped that Tarok was ok also.

Karr said a few words quietly, speaking to his god

"I shall try to do better next time SHAUNDAKUL,I tried to aid my companions but failed, and fell before the beast, before I could help the Dwarf."

People follow the light, blinded by just cause, but what has the light brought them? It has only caused me pain, while the darkness embraced me and kept me deep within its shadows away from my pursuers and made them suffer for their crimes against me
Into darkness, into night, amongst the shadows we shall fight!
-/X\( ++ ) /X\-L.E.D.- Hand of Malice-/X\( ++ ) /X\-
posted 11-08-06 09:01 PM EDT (US)     335 / 502  
"At least one warg still inside" barked Morgalad, as he tried to gain altitude again, and take some cover from the hobgoblin.

The raven had not noticed that the hobgoblin now knew that Toris was an illusion. The image staggered back, clutching its stomach. Majendell looked at the illusion of her wounded husband, took a step back, and reached for her dagger [OOC: does the hobgoblin get an AoO? I would assume so].

-Heir to Beleriand, Heir to the Silmaril, Chosen of Illuvatar-

GM of the Glory of the Past Middle Earth Roleplay Thread

Creator of the New Keepers Campaign
posted 11-12-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)     336 / 502  
DM:
Having identified them as illusions, the hobgoblin ignored Majendell and Toris, and stepped over to the stairs down to the cellar and yelled

Wargs! I need help, we are being overrun by enemies!

He then turned towards the party, ready to strike at the first one to reach him.

(Readied action: The hobgoblin will attack the first enemy that enter melee range (before that person can attack him))

DM note:

Everyone can hear the hobgoblin, DC 10 to hear what he is yelling (if your character understands goblin)

Map:
http://i15.tinypic.com/34pbeox.png

Enemies:
Goblin 1: Hp -6, stable
Goblin 2: Hp -6, stable
Goblin 3: Hp -4, stable
Goblin 4: Dead
Goblin 5: Hp -5 stable
Goblin 6: Dead
Goblin 7: -2 stable
Goblin 8: Hp -8 stable
Goblin 9: Hp -8, dying
Goblin 10: Dead
Goblin 11: Hp -8, dying
Goblin 12: Hp -5 stable
Goblin 13: Dead
Goblin Rogue 1: Hp -8 stable
Goblin Rogue 2: Hp -8, dying
Hobgoblin 1: Hp -6 stable
Hobgoblin 2: Dead
Hobgoblin 3: Dead
Hobgoblin 4: Hp 9, AC 18
Worg 1: Hp -7, stable
Worg 2: Hp -7, dying
Goblin shaman: Hp -3, dying
Lieutenant: Hp: -4 stable
Ogre barbarian 1: Hp -5, dying
Ogre barbarian 2: Hp -7, dying

Party:
Turock: Hp 51, AC 21, longstrider (+10 speed)
Zaaszee: Hp 27 (43), AC 21, raging
Rane Valnor: Hp 28 (31), AC 23, mage armor spell
Morgalad: Hp 25 (31), AC 19
Karr: Hp 15 (56), AC 20
Nershat: Hp 26, AC 19, shield spell
Thorin: Hp 12 (37), AC 17
Tarok: Hp -7 (29), AC 8, prone, unconscious, helpless, dying

Kris Lighthawk
posted 11-12-06 01:42 PM EDT (US)     337 / 502  
OOC: I'm not sure Karr is able to do this on this turn,if not he'll heal Tarok on his next turn,

IC:
Karr looked at Turock and said

"Thankyou for healing me Turock,I'll go see how bad Tarok is."

Karr moved over to Tarok and read his "cure moderate wounds spell" and touched Tarok while thanking SHAUNDAKUL for his knowledge

5+6+3..=14 hit points healed to Tarok

People follow the light, blinded by just cause, but what has the light brought them? It has only caused me pain, while the darkness embraced me and kept me deep within its shadows away from my pursuers and made them suffer for their crimes against me

[This message has been edited by Accusync72 (edited 11-12-2006 @ 10:01 PM).]

posted 11-12-06 05:23 PM EDT (US)     338 / 502  
Rane sighed when the hobgoblin called out. He couldn't understand goblin, but he got the feeling he was calling for more reinforcements. He hadn't had enough of combat, of course, but it felt like he was just running around. The real combat for him had been against the huge lieutenant and the hobgoblin with the shaman helping them earlier.

Deciding to help bar the inner gateway, Rane moved over next to Zaesee, confident in the lizardman's prowess. He would hit anything that attempted to get through, and he would be able to watch along the wall for any other enemies.

(Rane in square q11, readied action to hit the first enemy that comes into melee range before they can hit him--rather like the hobgoblin, I suppose.)

Rane Valnor, Aasimarian monk.
posted 11-12-06 06:01 PM EDT (US)     339 / 502  
Morgalad took to circling again at some elevation above the walkway, so that he could dive down when more enemies would come. More would.

Meanwhile, the hobgoblin ignored the illusions. Obviously, he had figured out what they were. "Get that hobgoblin!" cried the raven, as he took his number along with the other circling ravens over the keep.

Deciding that he could afford to break the rules a little, Morgalad had the human illusions disappear and reappear on either side of the stairs leading up from the cellar.

[This message has been edited by Beren V (edited 11-12-2006 @ 09:44 PM).]

posted 11-12-06 09:41 PM EDT (US)     340 / 502  
Thorin had to get to his brother, so he glided down his rope that he had shoot some time earlyer into battle and ran towards his brother.

Climb: (D20=18)= 18

Use Rope:(d20=13, +11)= 24

Movement:E 22

ooc: How do I climb down I rope/ what all do I need....and can I move any mor spaces.

Demos "The Titain of Dread"
It is said that humans use only 10% of there brain....whos useing the other 90%?

"only when you die will allotment knowledge be gain, for when you die you will know how to live."

"The real battle is for your mind."

posted 11-12-06 11:52 PM EDT (US)     341 / 502  
Nershat fired a crossbow bolt at the shouting hobgoblin, watching as the arrow went into the hobgoblins shoulder.

(17+2>18, Damage = 6, Hobgoblin 4 at 3.)

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
posted 11-14-06 09:20 AM EDT (US)     342 / 502  
IC:
With some difficulties Turock was able to hear what the goblin yelled. (DC 10 listen: 8+2=10) He quickly ran back to the road between the gateway and the keep. While running he yelled:
“I think worgs will be coming up from that cellar next to the hobgoblin, form a defensive line on the road. Don’t charge them, but let them come to us!”
When he reached the road, he stopped and used the spiritual weapon spell he had prayed for in the morning. A battleaxe of pure force came into existence in front of the hobgoblin, and cut the hobgoblin down before he could react. The spiritual axe continued to hover over the hobgoblins body, ready to attack any enemy Turock directed it at.

(15+6=21, hit, 7+1=8 damage, hobgoblin is at -5 hp)

Satisfied by the effect of his spell, Turock waited to see how many worgs would appear, from the size of the enemy force, he expected that they would have at least as many worgs left, as amount they had lost until now, probably even more…

In his rage, Zaaszee was most inclined to just charge any enemy and try to hack them to bits, but he had become accustomed to follow Turock’s orders even when in rage, so he moved over between Morgalad’s illusions and Turock. He felt that the party was in a pretty bad condition to fight a bunch of worgs, so he drank one of the enlarge person potions he was carrying. In almost no time his body grew enormously, making him twice as high as he had been before.
“Now let them come!” He thought.

-------------

DM:

Turock’s estimation was proven right when a mass of wargs busted out of the cellar. There were no less than seven of them, and the last one to come out was enormous, easily as big as a large dire wolf and probably a good deal more dangerous. Two of the other wags were also somewhat lager than normal, while the last 4 were pretty average.

DM note:

See the statistics of the new enemies at the top post.
Thorin has just enough movement to reach the ground, so he is standing on the ground at the end at the rope
Tarok had a move action after Karr had healed him, assuming he used it to pick up his axes and get back on his feet, he is now considered standing with both his axes in his hands.

Map:
http://i15.tinypic.com/44ioivr.png

Note that the pack leader (PL) take up two squares on the map. Also a DC 15 spot check can reveal that he has an amulet around his neck

Enemies:
Pack Leader (Alpha Male): Hp 89, AC 16
Alpha Female: Hp 48, AC 15
Beta Male: Hp 58, AC 14
Worg 3: Hp 23, AC 14
Worg 4: Hp 36, AC 14
Worg 5: Hp 28, AC 14
Worg 6: Hp 35, AC 14

Party:
Zaaszee: Hp 27 (43), AC 19, raging, enlarged
Rane Valnor: Hp 28 (31), AC 23, mage armor spell
Karr: Hp 15 (56), AC 20
Tarok: Hp 7 (29), AC 18

[Edit: I forgot the map link, it has been added now...

Kris Lighthawk

[This message has been edited by Kris Lighthawk (edited 11-14-2006 @ 01:40 PM).]

posted 11-14-06 03:43 PM EDT (US)     343 / 502  
TAROK

Tarok stands with disgust wobbling a bit but it was obvouse that he was filled with vengeance. Tarok stands in the same spot for a few seconds anilizing his surroundings,Noticing Karr standing only a few feet away,Tarok gave the warrior a thankfull head shake.also noticing the defencive line tarok observed himself seeing his bad condition did not effect anything in his mind,his job was to stay alive and kill,This being a game to tarok despite all what hast happend.Tarok starts limp running towards the line.

FRR-60ft
T-16

It is said that humans use only 10% of there brain....whos useing the other 90%?

"only when you die will allotment knowledge be gain, for when you die you will know how to live."

[This message has been edited by DemosCell (edited 11-14-2006 @ 03:45 PM).]

posted 11-14-06 04:21 PM EDT (US)     344 / 502  
"May the strength of those that can spare it be with us as we combat these foes," Rane said in Celestial, referring to the gods. This was no simple challenge, and he had little doubt that the entire fortress guard would be exhausted by the time these worgs fell. Surely no fortress truly required these numerous defenses unless they were guarding something truly important.

At any rate, it was time to throw himself back into the fray, always fearless, always bold. Zaesee was massive all of a sudden, so Rane picked his target based off not getting in the lizardman's way. He dashed over to the nearest worg (normal move to k13) and went at it with his fists only.

He only had the time for one solid strike, and he took it defensively, knowing that these numerous enemies could cause a great deal of trouble for him. His conservative stance made it more difficult for him to hit properly, but things seemed to work out (10+8-4=14 hit, 8+3=11 damage to Worg #3 [now at 12], Rane has 25 AC until the beginning of his next round).

posted 11-15-06 07:42 PM EDT (US)     345 / 502  
IC:
Karr saw the worgs come out,He moved over to his bow and healed himself

Cure moderate wounds 6+7+3=16,points healed

OOC: moved to (B14) Karr now has 31hps

posted 11-16-06 05:26 PM EDT (US)     346 / 502  
Thorin took a full round run to his brother to make shure he was ok.

Brother are you ready for another round?

posted 11-18-06 04:40 PM EDT (US)     347 / 502  
Morgalad bit a curse as he saw the worgs come out. There were a lot of them, and he was beginning to doubt if this company could face them all down. The giant Zaszee would certainly be able to fight down a few, but those ogres were strong, unusually strong, and one of the worgs in particular looked like it might be packing some unwelcome surprises itself.

The raven continued circling, but had the illusions take a step forward, load their crossbows, and stand at ready, partially blocking the ability of the worgs to attack any save Zaszee - and any worg ought to be afraid of attacking the lizardman, since the lizardman could get a good strike in well before the worg could...

posted 11-18-06 10:51 PM EDT (US)     348 / 502  
Nershat ran to the cover of nearby allies, moving as fast as he could.

( Run to A14)

Dedicated RPer
posted 11-19-06 09:33 AM EDT (US)     349 / 502  
Turock was casting a healing spell on Zaaszee when he noticed that Rane moved forward to attack the Worgs. He quickly finished the spell and said:
“Quickly Zaaszee you better save that stupid monk before he is eaten alive!”
Then as Zaaszee moved forward Turock took a step forward and directed his spiritual axe to attack largest worg. The worg had unfortunately no problem with avoiding the weapon.

(Spontaneous casting of shield of faith as cure light wounds: 7+3=10 hp healed
Spiritual weapon attack: 2+6=8, miss)

Zaaszee had been keeping his rage under sharp control, but now he let go, letting the rage and his natural instincts guide his actions. He ran forward and as soon as he was in reach, he used his great height and reach to swing his enormous axe down in front of Rane, taking the Worg the monk had just attacked by surprised. Zaaszee’s axe cleaved right though the worgs back and spine and continued into the flank of lager worg at its side. The first worg was killed instantly, but most of the power of the swing had been expended going though it, so the larger worg at its side “only” got a nasty but non-fatal wound.

( 9+11-3(power attack)=17, hit, 4+3+3+13+6=29 damage, worg 3 is dead, Cleave, 8+11-3(power attack)=16, hit, 1+2+2+13+6=24 damage, Beta Male has 34 hp left)

OOC: DM post will come soon

Kris Lighthawk

[This message has been edited by Kris Lighthawk (edited 11-20-2006 @ 06:54 PM).]

posted 11-19-06 12:26 PM EDT (US)     350 / 502  
DM:
The Worg behind the one that Zaaszee had felled, took the place of its dead comrade and attacked Rane.
(10+7=17, miss

The big worg, that Zaaszee had just wounded, jumped forward along with the two other worgs in the front row, and all three attacked the huge lizard. The smaller worg missed but the two bigger ones was able to bite through the tough skin on Zaaszee’s legs, and the large male almost managed to trip Zaaszee despite his great size and strength.
(Beta Male: 15+11=26, hit, 5+6=11 damage, Trip attempt – opposed str checks: Worg 17+4=21, Zaaszee 9+8+4(size)=21, failure
Worg 4: 2+7=9, miss
Alpha Female: 14+11=25, hit, 5+6=11 damage, Zaaszee has 15 hp left)

The pack leader ignored Turock’s flying weapon and barked a command to the last Worg in the second row and the worg moved over to the keep wall, and, running along the wall to keep out of Zaaszee’s reach, it ran over to the two crossbow wielding “humans” and attacked the illusion of Toris. It was quite surprised when its jaws snapped together inside Toris leg without meeting any resistance. It then realized that it wasn’t picking up any smell from any of the two humans, so it wasn’t difficult for it to figure out that they were not real.
(14+7=21, hit, 5+4=9 damage)

The huge pack leader followed the smaller worg, but stopped when it had outflanked Rane, then turned and attacked him. It got a hold on him and used its great strength to throw him to the ground.
(17+17+2=36, hit, 5+2+12=19 damage, Trip attempt – opposed str checks: Pack Leader: 10+8+4(size)=22, Rane: 15+4(dex)=19, success, Rane is prone

DM note:

Worg 5 now knows that Toris and Majendell are illusions, but it has not yet had time to tell that to the other worgs.
Morgalad can sneak attack any of the worgs (they are flatfooted towards him) as they don’t know that he is a treat yet.

Rane may be better of not getting up, as he are unlikely to survive doing that. He can still attack from the ground, but at -4 penalty (but the worgs has pretty low AC…) Total defense is also an option.

Map:
http://i10.tinypic.com/2ignc6w.png

Enemies:
Pack Leader (Alpha Male): Hp 89, AC 16
Alpha Female: Hp 48, AC 15
Beta Male: Hp 34, AC 14
Worg 3: Dead
Worg 4: Hp 36, AC 14
Worg 5: Hp 28, AC 14
Worg 6: Hp 35, AC 14

Party:
Zaaszee: Hp 15 (43), AC 19, raging, enlarged
Rane Valnor: Hp 9 (31), AC 23, mage armor spell prone
Karr: Hp 31 (56), AC 20
Tarok: Hp 7 (29), AC 18

Kris Lighthawk
posted 11-19-06 02:41 PM EDT (US)     351 / 502  
Karr was glad for the magic user standing next to him,and hoped Nershat had something good left in his repertoire of spells.For they all were in a heap of trouble if things didn't go really good for them

Karr picked up his bow,notched and arrow,took a five foot step up next to Nershat (A13) and fired at the pack leader

12+8=20,hit....damage,5+4=9

the arrow struck true but the huge worg seemed not to be affected at all,Karr glanced at Nershat quickly as he grabbed for another arrow

"This doesn't look good,...but I'll keep nailing the large one as long as i can.The worg by the wall or the large one may come this way,be ready."

Karr really was worried...He wasn't at full health,Rane was down,and Zaaszee was taking bites from the worgs,were they going to survive?....only the gods knew

OOC:Karr will step to the other side of Nershat if he can't hit the PL from A13, couldn't Rane tumble away??

posted 11-19-06 08:08 PM EDT (US)     352 / 502  
OOC: You can't use Tumble to get up from prone without provoking an AoO, it's only for moving through threatened squares in such a way.

Actually, there is a Tumble check that will allow you to get up without an AoO, but the DC is ridiculously high.

Eros Estot in the Giant Trilogy, the DM and Kaiden in Red Hand of Doom, and Seraph in Staff of the Emerald Enclave.

I'm happy to play any d20 game you can throw at me, and have tried most of them.
posted 11-20-06 04:52 PM EDT (US)     353 / 502  
" I'll need to get closer.", Nershat said to Karr. He watched as one of the worgs attacked another, and then let loose his spell.

(Acid Arrow, 2D4=8 at W5, 18, hit, Warg 5 at 20, 2D4 damage next round.)

The acidic missile slammed into the worg, burning its way dine the Wargs spine, before slamming itself into the Worgs tail.

Dedicated RPer
posted 11-20-06 06:49 PM EDT (US)     354 / 502  
Turock saw the giant worg throw down Rane, and knew that Zaaszee was likely to be next, so he charged the worg, and hoping to take it by surprise he added a little extra power to his attack. At the same time Turock’s spiritual axe attacked from the other side. Unable to completely avoid both attacks the worg took a light slashing wound in its left side.
(Turock: 17+7+2(charge)-2(power attack)=24, 7+3+2=12 damage, the pack leader has 68 hp left)
Spiritual axe: 5+6=11, miss

Having used up all its magic power, the spiritual axe disappeared.

Zaaszee knew he had to take out one of his attackers to have much chance of surviving, so he concentrated on the worg had has already wounded and hacked down on it with all his might.
The worg tried to avoid the axe, but only managed to turn what would have been a killing blow into a near fatal one. Before the worg could react agian Zaaszee dropped it with a quick bite to the neck. He then tried to bite the next worg as well, but it was too quick for him.
(Greataxe: 10+11-3(power attack)=18, hit, 2+5+4+13+6(power attack)=30 damage
Bite: 18+5-3(power attack)=20, hit, 4+4+3(power attack)=11, beta male is at -7 hp
Cleave: 9+5-3(power attack)=11, miss)

Kris Lighthawk

[This message has been edited by Kris Lighthawk (edited 11-20-2006 @ 06:58 PM).]

posted 11-20-06 08:47 PM EDT (US)     355 / 502  
Tarok

Tarok was still in pure rage cause' these creatures where weakening him to his last breath every second, but Tarok saw no help in standing whining over a few scratches and scrapes But he also remmemberd that hes not invincible.
"been awile since I had g'd Battle"Tarok droped his axes relizing there usless at the time being,Pulled out a crossbow and took a few steps forward into range,Tarok looked around and tried to stand a little straighter noticing hes the only one looking nimble.

P16

Attack: 20

Damage: 3

Tarrget: AF

Thorin

Foolish brother running stright into battle, It would seem the larger Worg would attack his brother for Tarok was in such a weak position...so Thorin had to do somthing and quick. So once agian Thorin relied on his trusty bow to do battle.

Attack: (d20=11, +5)= 16

Target:AF

Damage: (D8=5,+1, D8=8, +1)= 15

Movement: O 16

Thorin puts a light chuckel and says.
Brother don't be so hasty to die again!

Both of Thorins arrows hit the beast chest spliting Taroks lil' Bolt in half and driving splinted wood every where.

[This message has been edited by DemosCell (edited 11-20-2006 @ 10:38 PM).]

posted 11-21-06 04:10 PM EDT (US)     356 / 502  
OOC: You're right. It'd be smart, Kris, for Rane just to stay down and try to fight from there. But that's not his style. He'll die first....

IC:
Rane felt the pain of the worg's attack and the additional pain of being thrown to the ground. This beast was even stronger than the ogre that had threatened him before. Even on his best defense, he had been sundered beneath the thing's attack.

But pain meant nothing to him. He wouldn't back down. Sucking his breath in, Rane heaved himself onto his feet, twisting his body as he did so to avoid the inevitable attacks. (Pack Leader AoO: 2+11=13 miss. Worg #6 AoO: 7+7=14 miss.) He was successful in that much, and was again on his feet.

Having no better plan for his three seconds, the monk fought on, still trying to maintain his defense. Calling again on the power of ki, Rane attempted to immobilize the great beast for a turn so his party could attempt to bring it down. (Fighting Defensively: Stunning Fist targeted on the Pack Leader: 19+8-4=23 hit. I can't make the save, so you'll have to do it, Lighthawk, but it's against DC 16. Rane's AC is again 25).

OOC: Hopefully my luck will hold out a little longer...my rolls are working out for me that's for sure.

posted 11-21-06 08:59 PM EDT (US)     357 / 502  
OOC: Rane, the Pack Leader has an attack bonus of +17, so it attacked with 19. AoOs are made before the action that provoke them so the Rane would still have been prone when he was attacked and prone creatures has -4 AC against melee attacks… So only your dodge bonus from fighting defensively can save you if it applies, the rules are not very clear if it does or not but as DM I rule that it does, especially because Rane continue to fight defensively. Now for the stunning fist attack:

(DC 16 fortitude save: 3+10=13, failure, the Pack leader is stunned for one round)

Wow, you were very lucky again!! I had not expected the PL to get stunned with that high fortitude save it has…

Kris Lighthawk
posted 11-21-06 09:06 PM EDT (US)     358 / 502  
OOC:we got a looooooooooong way to go on that pack leader

posted 11-26-06 03:56 PM EDT (US)     359 / 502  
As the illusory Toris fell to the ground, his ankle half-torn off by the warg, the illusory Majendell took a step around the warg who had just attacked her husband and moved around the south side of the wargs near Zaszee, dagger in hand. Morgalad meanwhile positioned himself above the other wargs, ready to choose which one to strike at...

posted 11-26-06 07:31 PM EDT (US)     360 / 502  
OOC: Beren, I'd like to point out that the pack leader is stunned and you would, therefore, get your sneak attack damage on him....

Eros Estot in the Giant Trilogy, the DM and Kaiden in Red Hand of Doom, and Seraph in Staff of the Emerald Enclave.

I'm happy to play any d20 game you can throw at me, and have tried most of them.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 17  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Hall of Wonders - Role Playing & Creative Writing » Treasure Hunt – IC thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames