Settings:
Medium Map
Avg settings
Random Wizards
Surface, Underground & Shadow enabled
Basic House rules.

---------------------------------
Ok, I'm ready to get squashed!

Author of custom AI's with NO RESOURCE CHEATS: Ballbarian_SW7, Ballbarian_SW6 & DemonEmpire
- AI scripting guide based on the AOK CPSB document: CPSB for SWGB
- Web page devoted to Ballbarian_SW and AI in general: Ballbarian_SW AI Home
- 8 ES AoK random map conversions, and my original (HD)Trial_of_Fire: HD@RMS_Pack
- 2 new random maps: GODZILLA & (HD)Tusken_Wall
Replies:
posted 09-11-03 08:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 38  
Kenan
Day 1

Good friend Borkur found a shiny new ring laying amid a pile of rocks. When I asked him how he found it he started ranting crazily about all rocks and no Dire Penguin eggs.

A pesky dwarf wouldn't give up his gold mine until we convinced him otherwise. The little stinker put up quite a fight however.

With a little coaxing, this land could make a fine home for my people.

TS

Author of custom AI's with NO RESOURCE CHEATS: Ballbarian_SW7, Ballbarian_SW6 & DemonEmpire
- 8 ES AoK random map conversions, and my original (HD)Trial_of_Fire: HD@RMS_Pack
posted 09-11-03 09:36 PM EDT (US)     2 / 38  
A brand new world to explore. Now if only I could get roller-skateso speed my little goblins up,.

turn sent.

posted 09-11-03 11:15 PM EDT (US)     3 / 38  
Kenan
Day 2

Another battle today. The ranks of infantry are battered and bruised. We can't keep up this pace much longer without suffering heavy losses. There are rumors of goblins seeking roller-skates somewhere in this realm. If this is true, then I shall have to exterminate the vermin to ease the worries of my people. Goblins are horrible little creatures, but I have to be careful not to underestimate them.

May the gods save us all if they find wheels for their little feet!

TS

posted 09-11-03 11:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 38  
no roller skates yet,but someone has littered gold an mana crystals about. Feeling public spirited, I've cleaned them up.

ts

posted 09-12-03 00:45 AM EDT (US)     5 / 38  
Kenan
Day 3

Alas, I fear that one of my scouts shall fall before morning. In his eagerness to grab a mana pile he has stumbled upon an elven patrol. We must continue our mapping of these lands at all costs, so that we will be prepared when the goblin hordes appear on the horizon.

Borkur the hero worries me. With the crazed look in his eyes of late, I fear that he may go astray and meet the same fate as my scout. What is this Dire Penguin that he keeps mumbling about?

TS

posted 09-12-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 38  
A pair of simple goblins defending a windmill has caused the defeat of my mighty heavy cavalry. The natives are far too capable, clearly I need to crush a few more for examples.

Turn sent.

posted 09-12-03 04:05 PM EDT (US)     7 / 38  
Kenan
Day 4

Today was slow as I rally my forces for another push into the wilderlands. I have a spell ready to summon forth a beast of fire should I need him. For now we wait.

TS

posted 09-12-03 04:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 38  
The wilderness is proving to be my undoing. Hordes of independant monsters have fallen upon me, depriving me of important troops.

Obviously, more careful scouting is in order.

posted 09-12-03 10:57 PM EDT (US)     9 / 38  
Kenan
Day 5

Another slow day spent scouting. A lone rider joined our cause, but he was not cheap. The treasury is strained, we must find more income to continue our expansion.

TS

posted 09-12-03 11:39 PM EDT (US)     10 / 38  
Again wandering units have attacked, eliminating the last remaining member of the group. not a good day.
posted 09-13-03 00:02 AM EDT (US)     11 / 38  
Kenan
Day 6

At last! Scouts have spotted another windmill in the distance. Still too far away to tell if or what kind of defenders are garrisoned there.

Another has offered his sword to our cause, this one freely. He will serve us well in the days to come.

TS

posted 09-13-03 09:28 AM EDT (US)     12 / 38  
Kenan
Day 7

As we approached the windmill, two greedy dwarves refused to leave. Never before have I met an axeman with such a fierce swing. Shame that they had to die.

The nearby caverns seem endless, and the low ceilings slow down my mounted troops.

TS

posted 09-13-03 01:25 PM EDT (US)     13 / 38  
Kenan
Day 8

Rough fight for a tower. Many crippled units, but thankfully none lost. This shall slow my expansion...

TS

posted 09-13-03 06:24 PM EDT (US)     14 / 38  
Kenan
Day 9

Spent the day scavenging piles of gold and mana. Luckily my scouts have found a house of healing nearby. The main army will be back to the front soon.

TS

posted 09-14-03 03:06 AM EDT (US)     15 / 38  
Kenan
Day 10

Scouts located more targets today. Things are starting to look up. The rumors of goblins have died down, but I can not let my guard down.

TS

posted 09-14-03 07:46 AM EDT (US)     16 / 38  
The underground seems as devoid of action as the surface. Hopefully I'll encounter more things soon.

Turn sent.

posted 09-14-03 01:08 PM EDT (US)     17 / 38  
Kenan
Day 11

No combat today, but the next few days should be more eventful. A strange creature that hurls lightning joined our cause. He seems frightened of my wild eyed friend Borkur, but I believe he will stand his ground when the fighting starts.

TS

ps: we meet again mighty Hiranu! Now I can get my butt kicked in many games at once...

I will note this in both threads, but I received 5 copies of this turn and 2 copies of "Random14 Good vs Evil" this morning. I just played the last copy received on both and everything seemed fine. Just thought I'd let you know. My mailbox almost overflowed!

posted 09-14-03 05:59 PM EDT (US)     18 / 38  
Kenan
Day 12

An insane frostling lost his good sense and his head when he attacked my hellhound over night. Yet another node flys my flag today, however the servants that guarded it put up a surprisingly viscious fight.

TS

posted 09-14-03 06:57 PM EDT (US)     19 / 38  
The vast caverns of the underground echo to reflect the total emptiness and waste of time they represent.

Turn Sent

posted 09-14-03 09:01 PM EDT (US)     20 / 38  
Kenan
Day 13

Alas my brave scouting hellhound found itself outmatched. A band of independents killed him without mercy. Most of the day was spent shuffling troops about. Our great speed makes this less painful and less tedious than it would have been for other races.

TS

posted 09-15-03 00:46 AM EDT (US)     21 / 38  
And having finished in that direction, that is where the lords of order place oponents to test my faith. Ah well, once again into the breach.

Turn sent.

posted 09-15-03 08:22 AM EDT (US)     22 / 38  
Kenan
Day 14

Wandering bands of independents are making short work of my scouts. Scouting is becoming a very expensive business. Hopefully the rewards will outweigh the cost. I expect another assault tonight, but we should prevail.

TS

posted 09-15-03 09:36 AM EDT (US)     23 / 38  
I'm finding he wandering bands of independans to be more than a little challenging these days. I suppose I shouldn't complaing of finding nothing, when the alternative is finding death.

Turn sent.

posted 09-15-03 02:42 PM EDT (US)     24 / 38  
Kenan
Day 15

Some misguided archons foolishly attacked one of my garrisons. My troops were fine with it, but the archons spent more time bent over from shadow sickness than they did fighting. Serves them right for taking advantage of one of my scouts.

One of my scouts thought he saw orc droppings. Could be that the rumors of an organized resistance are true. We shall have to double our watch.

TS

posted 09-15-03 03:25 PM EDT (US)     25 / 38  
I was attacked my independants, but they misestimated the strenght of my forces, evidently not seeing the troups I had one step behind me.
posted 09-15-03 05:06 PM EDT (US)     26 / 38  
Kenan
Day 16

Another strong troop of independents assaulted us overnight and put a dent in our numbers. We were victorious in the end. During the day 2 more clashes saw victory with no losses.

Another scout located a mill flying the wrong flag. He promptly corrected the mistake.

TS

posted 09-15-03 06:35 PM EDT (US)     27 / 38  
Kenan
Day 17

A lone wandering elf is being a pain. He will be dead tommorow.
Elsewhere 2 more victories to add to our list of mighty deeds.

TS

posted 09-15-03 06:37 PM EDT (US)     28 / 38  
I seem to have lost contact with one of my outposts. I should send someone to investigate. In fact, I should send more than a few someone's to investigate.
posted 09-15-03 07:31 PM EDT (US)     29 / 38  
Kenan
Day 18

A strong group of elves proved a deadly encounter. Thankfully I have reinforcements nearby. Meanwhile, another pesky elf evaded my hunters by hiding amid some dense vegetation. It will just take longer to kill him than I had hoped.

TS

posted 09-15-03 10:40 PM EDT (US)     30 / 38  
Kenan
Day 19

At last those pesky elven raiders were slain. Reinforcements have arrived and things are getting back on track.

TS

posted 09-16-03 00:25 AM EDT (US)     31 / 38  
Kenan
Day 20

This day was quiet, yet I have a feeling that we shall meet an enemy far more dangerous than the independent raiders that we have been dealing with in the days to come.

TS

posted 09-16-03 08:31 AM EDT (US)     32 / 38  
Kenan
Day 21

A battle for yet another mine today. The dwarves were brave, but they stood no chance. Borkur is acting a little more cheerful after learning that some frostlings had joined our cause.

TS

posted 09-16-03 09:58 AM EDT (US)     33 / 38  
Kenan
Day 22

Positioning troops for an assault against a node tommorow. Soon all this land shall be ours. Strange Borkur has become convinced that another wizard resides in these lands, and he believes that this wizard has taken the Dire Penguin eggs that he seeks. I've never seen him so blood crazed. He has actually begun foaming at the mouth. This is more than a little disturbing.

TS

posted 09-16-03 02:59 PM EDT (US)     34 / 38  
Kenan
Day 23

Borkur's suspicions were true. Karissa made her move and took the undefended village of Aberton. I promptly took it back and pulled everything in the area to make a counter strike while her fleeing forces were strung out. Two battles followed. Her wicked Dark Elf, Morrandir, lead bravely but to no avail. They were horribly outnumbered and fell with only one loss to my armies. I suspect they came from the nearby caverns, as I have had sentries patroling the areas around it. We shall soon see. I will have to be on my guard for other sneaky attacks from her horrible creatures.

TS

posted 09-16-03 04:58 PM EDT (US)     35 / 38  
In fact my first expiditionary force met with an unpleasant fate. I'm hoping for better with my second, though the numbers are daunting.
posted 09-16-03 07:07 PM EDT (US)     36 / 38  
Kenan The Magnificent
Day 24

Ran into a goblin hero as we entered the caverns. One more of Karissa's lackeys falls before our might. Quite unexpectedly, Karissa was much closer than we thought. Already a scout has reported finding the empty town of Northdale and another scout has spotted a lonely looking wizard in Nipuk. Could this be a trap?
Tommorow will tell...

I've had Gatom put a leash on Borkur to keep him from racing ahead of the main force and getting himself killed. The little frostling is bouncing in his saddle even as the rest prepare to camp for the night.

TS

posted 09-16-03 11:13 PM EDT (US)     37 / 38  
Kenan The Magnificent
Day 25

Today the land is ours. My forces descended on Karissa's stronghold and were victorious.

Good game Hiranu! I think you were at a disadvantage from the start tho. On another random map, I started underground and it seems like you can travel a long ways and not find anything useful. Plus it takes so long to get there. In contrast, the Nomads are fast explorers, thus increasing the advantage that I had. It was just dumb luck on my part (plus fearing that you would try to retake the mill on the surface that I found), that my only 2 armies were in the area when you surfaced. Otherwise, the one army that had been there was getting ready for a tough fight against a minotaur at an earth node, and would have been in rough shape. I hadn't even entered the underground yet, because I felt my forces weren't strong enough to deal with any more Independent stacks. I was surprised that your wiz tower was so close!

Anyways, if you want a rematch on the same map, or a another random map, I'm game. Just let me know. You can set one up, or I can. It's up to you.

TS

posted 09-17-03 09:16 AM EDT (US)     38 / 38  
While I agree that I started at a disadvantage, I also made the bad call to explore the underground rather than explore above. Seems the random map generator doesn't like populating the underground. (In our other two player game the underground near me had area gaurds, and nothing else in a small pocket.)

(That and you obviously played well given the size of the mob arriving on my front door.)

I'd love another game, but I don't see a lot of point to repeating this particular map. I'm a bit busy with training this week so if you could set up the map and register it that would be appreciated. Basically I'll play any settings you are in the mood for, so go wild.

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL RMG Ballbarian vs Hiranu
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames