You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Blackened Mire--What Am I Missing?
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 01-28-04 00:29 AM EDT (US)   
After seven frustrating tries, my Heroine is still stuck between the river and the mountains, can't make the ice freeze and is still wondering why the river goddess talked about going east, and why the cursed river IS an obstacle, contrary to what she said.

Grrrrr.

It's either too late for my brain to function properly, or I'm missing something as obvious as the nose on my face...

Any suggestions? I thought I knew this game...

Arch-Enemy of the Annoyingly Dense
Practitioner of Whimsy
Celt,Finn & Swede Elder Gamer
Replies:
posted 02-28-04 08:55 PM EDT (US)     61 / 66  

Quote:

I only got up to Turn 54 and didn't finish Blackened Mire yet because I got stuck and I was anxious to try out BlackRose's Middle Earth mod/map also. The two best Shadow Magic maps so far both got posted in the same month.

Thanks Galahad_2nd! Coming from you thats about the best endorsement i could ask for I was hoping you'd get a chance to try it out

PS really do check out Azanulzibar, personally I prefer it over LoTR v1.3 as its more my style, but LoTR v1.3 just needed making!

And Jamie let me know how you made out, you might want to check out the aforementioned map first depending on your play style.

Thanks to the community for your votes for the Lord of the Rings in the Third Age - The War of the Ring v1.3 !
You can download the definitive epic here! Winner of Best Map/Mod pack

And to those who have not tried the Lord of the Rings in the Third Age - Battle of Azanulbizar It also comes with high praise!
Download the rousing, single player epic here! Winner of Best Mod/Map pack

posted 03-01-04 10:40 AM EDT (US)     62 / 66  

Quote:

Any hints or clues of how to get across the shadow void?

I think it's covered in this thread. Go up a couple posts.

It is roaming the depths in eternal hunger, devouring all and everything, far from the light, lost in the shadows, alone, wandering, searching, evermore...
posted 03-01-04 12:56 PM EDT (US)     63 / 66  
To cross the void you need to follow a quest through to the end. Start by killing the Black Dragon Den and go from there

If you need more help, give me a shout

Experience the ultimate single player map for Shadow Magic here

Battles of Creation : The Blackened Mire

Get the legendary Battle Of Creation that began it all here...

posted 03-06-04 11:03 AM EDT (US)     64 / 66  
Thanks!
posted 03-07-04 01:33 PM EDT (US)     65 / 66  
Jamie

Well it took 163 turns to complete, but I did it. I have to say it was a very good map to play. I saw the link to battle of creation (Bruuk) which I still playing (turn 120 at the moment). A couple of comments

Possible spoiler

1. I didn't see anywhere I had to enter the flaming pentagram. (Did I miss something). Also I didn’t see it until another Doom puppy was made and was traveling past (lol)
2. Once I had the harp in the special location I would move units through that location and they would get stuck. It was funny to see my knights running on the spot (LOL). I don’t know if this is a bug or not? I had to manually move them to the next square.
3. I had already capture Darkwater of Avlas before the quest to capture the black dragon location. Thus I had to raze the city to get help of Salva. Doh!!! It would be nice to get his help without razing the city I already had.
4. I notice a location near Nemzit city in the underground section above the critters den. I see a house of healing. How do I get there?
5. One final point, you mention a battle between fire and ice (the harp thing) are you planning another map on that story?.

Anyway, thanks for the map it was fun and a challenge.

Sid..

posted 03-07-04 04:54 PM EDT (US)     66 / 66  
Hi there Sid, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

I did try to slightly link it to the Battle of Creation - I'm glad you spotted it! As you are playing them together, you should spot the links more than most people.

The units keeping on running is a gamewise bug (but not sure under what conditions)

Quote:

It would be nice to get his help without razing the city I already had.

Ahh, but it is a city with evil in its very buildings and Salva's soul is locked in there, you can't expect him to help you until you free him

To get to the house of healing, you should play around with the fairies a bit more - thats all I'm saying!

There is indeed another map coming along, however, it will not be to do with The Blackened Mire. Instead it is a sequel to the original Battle Of Creation. I am making it as we speak - expect the gameplay of The Blackened Mire on the scale of the Battle OF Creation

I would be very grateful if you could review The Blackened Mire here so that other people can see what it is like.

And of course you then get to play the next map early...

Experience the ultimate single player map for Shadow Magic here

Battles of Creation : The Blackened Mire

Get the legendary Battle Of Creation that began it all here...

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Gameplay Help & Strategies » Blackened Mire--What Am I Missing?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames