You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Land of Merhal (Laplace, Radiantt, Nosferon, Boarungg, Deroman, Kani, Ramillies, Zsaber, Pato
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 09-09-14 06:46 PM EDT (US)   
Map: Land of Merhal (http://aow.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=408&ci=d0023fd1c10774de1f9aa64a1806b1aeYToxOntpOjA7YToyOntpOjA7czoxNDoiU2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHMiO2k6MTtzOjQ0OiJsaXN0ZXIucGhwP3N0YXJ0PTAmYW1wO3NlYXJjaD1sYW5kIG9mIG1lcmhhbCI7fX0=)

AoW Ruleset: Standard rules

Leaders on map: Nope (replaced by heroes with spell casting IV and +1 defense)

Sphere customization: Nope

Allied victory: Allowed, with one race which may not be of the opposite alignment. An evil or pure evil race may not win together with a good or pure good race and the other way around.

Exploration: Yep

House Rules: Standard AoW Heaven house rules. In addition we use the following house rule: "You may not retreat from a tactical combat in which you have attacked, shot at or used any spell or ability on enemy units unless at least one of your units have been attacked, shot at or the subject of a spell or ability by an enemy unit. The exception to the above is if either you or your enemy is unable to deal further damage. It is also forbidden to draw the same enemy stack into a tactical combat more than twice each turn."

Activity expectation: You should only sign up if you will generally be able to play turns within at most 72 hours from receiving them. If you are unable to play your turn within 72 hours you should post in the relevant topic in advance. Writing turn logs is optional but you should always post a "turn sent" when you have played your turn so we know who's turn it is.

Players:

Orcs - Laplace_demon - ulrik_voelcker[at]hotmail[dot]com
Elves - Radiantt - beerbeer[at]hotmail[dot]es
Lizards - AI Emperor
Frostlings - Nosferon - rueface[at]abv[dot]bg
Azracs - AI Emperor
Halflings - Boarungg - boarungg[at]gmail[dot]com
Dwarves - Deroman - ragederoman[at]luukku[dot]com
Highmen - AI Emperor
Dark Elves - Kani - aow[at]own[dot]web[dot]id
Humans - Ramillies naecO - nguyen[dot]huyhai[at]gmail[dot]com
Goblins - Zsaber81 - zhengzjm[at]hotmail[dot]com
Undead - Pato - pato[dot]elz[at]hotmail[dot]com

#7373DE for Humans #EFB573 for Azracs #4AA58C for Lizard Men #9CC6E7 for Frostlings
#6BB54A for Elves #EFE773 for Halflings #D6AD8C for Dwarves #EFEFDE for High Men
#B563BD for Dark Elves #F74242 for Orcs #BD7352 for Goblins #947B73 for The Undead
Thank you to TravisII for this great idea!

[This message has been edited by Kanibeos (edited 12-17-2014 @ 07:38 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-17-14 02:09 AM EDT (US)     31 / 77  
Halfings - Day 3

Turn sent
posted 10-20-14 02:35 AM EDT (US)     32 / 77  
Dwarves of Maglar the First, Day 3 Under the Mountains of Merthal

We decide to do some aggressive scouting further beyond our Halls, which gives us some Orcish prisoners. After our berserkers had familiarized them closely with red-hot iron, they started to tell us the stories we wanted to hear. It has come to pass that some small Orcish warbands led by the great shamans have gotten visions in their dreams and followed them to the depths of Earth. It is as we had feared, the lure of evil is thick in the air. Something terrible has borne out of the War of Elves and Men, something that has terrible power over the weak minded, and perhaps in time over the strong minded.

After hearing all this and thinking heavily on the matter, we release our prisoners from their slavery the only possible way we can. Let them be born again as better souls.

Turn Sent.

I had a restart because my computer's battery ran out, which crashed the game (black screen). Very unsmooth, I must admit...

-/X\(++)/X\-L.E.D. Frozen Warrior-/X\(++)/X\-

[This message has been edited by Deroman (edited 10-20-2014 @ 02:36 AM).]

posted 10-20-14 02:44 PM EDT (US)     33 / 77  
The Reign of Zian Layhek - Day 3

A lizardman under the command of a halfling lord approaches. We must be careful.

Turn sent

#7373DE for Humans #EFB573 for Azracs #4AA58C for Lizard Men #9CC6E7 for Frostlings
#6BB54A for Elves #EFE773 for Halflings #D6AD8C for Dwarves #EFEFDE for High Men
#B563BD for Dark Elves #F74242 for Orcs #BD7352 for Goblins #947B73 for The Undead
posted 10-24-14 02:19 AM EDT (US)     34 / 77  
III.

Today, one of our men found a cave in the woods. Of course, we all know that sticking your nose in every hole you find gets you only killed, but still the man was tempted by some unknown force to look inside.

He entered and started poking around, but suddenly, with a frightening howl, a wolf leapt from the shadows and sunk its teeth into the soldier's leg. The soldier howled with pain, but defended powerfully, bashed the wolf with his shield and slashed it with his sword until he could be sure that the wolf is gone.

A wave of victorious feeling flooded his heart, but in this very moment, a horror far beyond ordinary wolves started moving in the darkness, slowly but steadily advancing to the soldier. The blackness shielded it from his sight and his overconfidence shielded it from any danger. Then a sound resembling someone stepping on bones, ... and then nothing.

An old man was sitting on a random stump by the road and pondered whether he has done a good deed or bad. But still, it was clear to him that if the humans want to obtain the treasures certainly hidden in the cave, they need to rally much more forces than they were planning to gather. And one life sacrificed in exploration, that is cheaper than ten lives wasted to a creeping shadow in the lair.

[This message has been edited by Ramillies (edited 10-24-2014 @ 02:22 AM).]

posted 10-27-14 01:08 AM EDT (US)     35 / 77  
Goblins - day 3

minor success against the indys.

turn sent
posted 10-27-14 08:31 AM EDT (US)     36 / 77  
hit & run is for people that WANTS TO WIN, if you want to play and get fun, why you would try to get an adventage on doing that? (you have to spend A LOT of time to do it, just to take advantage on the people that does not know this "trick" , or dont WANT to do it cause is time consuming and is irrelevant to do it if you want to "get fun" or just play) so, if you like to win, i dont want to play with you. if you switch mods and play with them nobody will realize.. you can have warlocks mod for example, having less gold requirements for upgrading. you can also make your own mod and put any number you like on the upgrade, also you can change any unit stat. easy to cheat. im tired of playing this competitive game. its not fun anymore for me. some people here wants to feel they are "great" , wants to inflate their egos by winning a game. im done. 3 restarts in one turn? how do i know you are not geting advantage by the excuse "oh, it was a comp problem" , it can really be a computer problem, and so, you can say, "oh, i already have the restart msg, so, i will restart and recover my hero (or explore that dungeon or try this battle or whatever) im tired, its so easy to dont have restarts and so easy to cheat.

TS (the word F u c * is not allowed in these forums)
posted 10-27-14 09:27 AM EDT (US)     37 / 77  
It is very unfortunate if you have lost the spirit and faith to our dear game and its players, Paatoo.
Many more people leave this community than new ones join in, which might bring a grim future for us all, especially if we can't find compromises and solutions together.

I guess it all comes down to the fact that in an old game like this, there will always be cases where you can't know for sure was there a cheat or not, but just because they might does it mean they are? Have faith in people and people will have faith in you, it's worth it. We have worked together to find a compromise in making hit&run optional house rule and I am sure we can sort these restarts out in good spirit aswell.

I don't believe that players play this game to be great, there is simply too few of us left for anyone to get any ego-kicks out of "winning greatly".

posted 10-27-14 01:54 PM EDT (US)     38 / 77  
i mean, BEFORE we used to make clear the hit & run thing, there was people taking advantage of it. and there was people that even does not know that this """tactic""" existed. what that means?

i don't think ALL people here want ego-kicks by winning, i don't like to think these things, but when i know things like this being used i lose faith (faith that i have always had on players, i dont like to cheat and i feel like all people is like me)

[This message has been edited by paatoo (edited 10-27-2014 @ 01:56 PM).]

posted 10-27-14 02:37 PM EDT (US)     39 / 77  
Orc ~ day 4

TS
posted 10-28-14 05:12 PM EDT (US)     40 / 77  
ts
posted 10-28-14 05:58 PM EDT (US)     41 / 77  
Frostlings - Day 4

Through the caverns barely lit and cold,
we march forward so treasures can be unfold...

#7373DE Human #EFB573 Azrac #4AA58C Lizard #9CC6E7 Frostling
#6BB54A Elf #EFE773 Halfling #D6AD8C Dwarf #EFEFDE High Man
#B563BD Dark Elf #F74242 Orc #BD7352 Goblin #947B73 Undead

~ Honeyvale Falls ~ won by PawelS 2011 | ~ Extremism ~ Fourth week 2012
~ Swolterwood ~ NO winner 2012 |
posted 11-04-14 09:41 AM EDT (US)     42 / 77  
Halfings - Day 4
Turn Sent

[This message has been edited by Boarungg (edited 11-04-2014 @ 09:42 AM).]

posted 11-05-14 02:29 AM EDT (US)     43 / 77  
Dwarves of Maglar the First, Day 4 Under the Mountains of Merthal

Some Human mercenaries that had fought the Elves in the Great War had declined into but thievery and banditry. Assigned during the war as raider patrols to the undefended Elven caravans, these Human bandits were now unable to return from the easy profits such cowardice had provided to them during the darkest times, even though Human King had ordered them to dissolve under penalty of death.

The War of the surface is that much closer to us. While our scouts reached the Elven tradepost on the trade route from surface to Maglar's Halls, it was empty of Elves but not of Humans. With a great rage for the indignity that these armed men had bestowed upon the unarmed women and children of Elves, we slay those willing to fight us and maim the hands of those who surrendered to us. Let them now live the rest of their pitiful lives in fear where they are the prey to their own cruel kind. Such is the Dwarven justice.

Turn Sent.

[This message has been edited by Deroman (edited 11-05-2014 @ 02:30 AM).]

posted 11-06-14 01:39 PM EDT (US)     44 / 77  
The Reign of Zian Layhek - Day 4

Our archers fail their assault on a dragon. I have ordered the execution of their incompetent commander.

Turn sent

posted 11-11-14 01:26 AM EDT (US)     45 / 77  
Goblins - day 4

We make a little progress here and there. But we seem to be short of gold.

turn sent
posted 11-11-14 03:37 AM EDT (US)     46 / 77  
Undead - Day 4
Our champion was able to solehandle 2 wraiths, and he recovered two artifacts that will aid on our quest, a posion-spitter and a old, still useful buckler
TS
posted 11-12-14 10:47 AM EDT (US)     47 / 77  
ts
posted 11-12-14 04:58 PM EDT (US)     48 / 77  
Frostlings - Day 5

Healing water bring back our powers after
a suprising atatck by giant spiders...

#7373DE Human #EFB573 Azrac #4AA58C Lizard #9CC6E7 Frostling
#6BB54A Elf #EFE773 Halfling #D6AD8C Dwarf #EFEFDE High Man
#B563BD Dark Elf #F74242 Orc #BD7352 Goblin #947B73 Undead

~ Honeyvale Falls ~ won by PawelS 2011 | ~ Extremism ~ Fourth week 2012
~ Swolterwood ~ NO winner 2012 |
posted 11-13-14 04:34 AM EDT (US)     49 / 77  
Halfings - Day 5

Very suspicous are these Dark Elves.

Turn Sent

[This message has been edited by Boarungg (edited 11-13-2014 @ 04:35 AM).]

posted 11-14-14 07:53 AM EDT (US)     50 / 77  
Dwarves of Maglar the First, Day 5 Under the Mountains of Merthal

Dwarves have much to say, but so very little time to say it...

Turn Sent.

posted 11-14-14 08:27 AM EDT (US)     51 / 77  
The Reign of Zian Layhek - Day 5

News reach me that a unit of our riders were slaughtered by wild wolves! Such incompetence brings shame to the race.

Turn sent

posted 11-19-14 04:24 PM EDT (US)     52 / 77  
I apologize for my delay in this game. I have been under a tight schedule this week. But I promise that I will play the turn tomorrow.

[Edit: Oops, sorry. This post should have been in the Nuclear Fallout game. I do not have this turn.]

[This message has been edited by Kanibeos (edited 11-20-2014 @ 06:50 AM).]

posted 11-20-14 07:34 AM EDT (US)     53 / 77  
Sorry for offtop, but I can't contact with you, Kanibeos, by any other way. My game - Reedfin Canal, was started and we're waiting for your turn too.

[This message has been edited by Boarungg (edited 11-20-2014 @ 07:36 AM).]

posted 11-29-14 05:06 PM EDT (US)     54 / 77  
Ramillies?

Boarungg: For some reason the game was not detected by the wrapper :-S I'm very sorry about that. I will play it right away. [Edit: Oh, I see that the game is dead :-/]

[This message has been edited by Kanibeos (edited 11-29-2014 @ 05:08 PM).]

posted 12-02-14 02:22 PM EDT (US)     55 / 77  
Ok, never mind. You can still join again. :-)
posted 12-16-14 10:34 PM EDT (US)     56 / 77  
Hi!

I can sub in this game if you're still missing a player.
Please remove the pwd (if it's on) and email to the address in the signature.

Let me know if there're anything to know about the game (ruleset, playing blind/not, team game/FFA).

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 12-17-14 07:37 AM EDT (US)     57 / 77  
That's great, naecO! Thanks a lot. I have sent the turn to you. The rules are as follows:

Do not restart the same turn to gain an advantage. You may not overwrite and then reload a partially played turn in order to replay the turn, or any part of the turn.

Do not look ahead to the next player's turn. You may not load games from your Emailout directory in order to look at the next player's turn regardless of whether your opponent uses a password or not.

Explain restart messages. If you generate a restart message on your turn, especially during turns with key battles, then explain the circumstances regarding the restart message to your opponents.

Do not attack on the same turn that you declare war. After declaring war against an opponent with whom you are at peace you must wait at least one turn before attacking them. This rule does not apply if there is no initial diplomatic status between the two opponents.

Do not declare war on the same turn that you break alliance. After breaking an alliance you must wait at least one turn before declaring war against your former ally.

Do not use the Dominate/Disband cheat to gain extra experience. Experience points are awarded for Dominating units. If you possess a hero (or leader) with the Dominate ability, you may not use that hero (or leader) to repeatedly Dominate and Disband units for the purpose of gaining experience points. It is understood that some enemy units may be Dominated during Fast Combat, or as part of tactical strategy during Tactical Combat. These units may be Disbanded and slain, but may not be Dominated a second time. Use Tactical Combat when you are slaying them to ensure that they are not Dominated unintentionally during Fast Combat.

Do not use the Incarnate Possess/Disband cheat to gain extra movement points. You may not use the Incarnate Possess/Disband cheat which is commonly used with Archers in order to gain movement points from the possessed unit, and move your Incarnate an almost unlimited number of times per turn.

You may not retreat from a tactical combat in which you have attacked, shot at or used any spell or ability on enemy units unless at least one of your units have been attacked, shot at or the subject of a spell or ability by an enemy unit. The exception to the above is if either you or your enemy is unable to deal further damage. It is also forbidden to draw the same enemy stack into a tactical combat more than twice each turn.

Allied victory: Allowed, with one race which may not be of the opposite alignment. An evil or pure evil race may not win together with a good or pure good race and the other way around.

You should only sign up if you will generally be able to play turns within at most 72 hours from receiving them. If you are unable to play your turn within 72 hours you should post in the relevant topic in advance. Writing turn logs is optional but you should always post a "turn sent" when you have played your turn so we know who's turn it is.

posted 12-17-14 07:57 PM EDT (US)     58 / 77  
Thanks for the explanation Kani!

It's been a while since I last played the game, but from what Kani said.. the rules haven't changed much.. that's good!

And because it's been a while so there're a few things that I need to refresh and to not be mistaken with Aow:SM. We're able to escape the game and continue it at a later time, am I correct? Will it generate restart message?

I've set a password on my game, is there a password keeper in Aow that I have to send my password to? That's a habit I have in playing Aow:SM PBEM.

Anyways, it'll probably take only a few turns for me to shrug off the rusts and catch up. Just bear with me

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!
posted 12-17-14 10:50 PM EDT (US)     59 / 77  
Day 5

I woke up from a strange dream and found myself in a strange place. Where's my tower? Where's my book of spells? The surrounding looks familiar but it feels like it was aeons ago. I couldn't find my wizard clothes.. but found myself wearing uniform of my heroes. Where are my heroes? Who are these people? Am I under a spell?

ts

posted 12-17-14 11:13 PM EDT (US)     60 / 77  
Goblins - day 5

We are still weak and not enough gold nor enough manpower to take anything.

turn sent
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Land of Merhal (Laplace, Radiantt, Nosferon, Boarungg, Deroman, Kani, Ramillies, Zsaber, Pato
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames