Valley of Wonders - Community Forum
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Valley of Wonders Inn
« Previous Page  1 ··· 13 14 15 16 17 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
posted 12-18-03 09:01 AM EDT (US)   

As you enter the Valley of Wonders, below you see a pleasant looking two story building. As you walk up to it, you see a sign above the door way saying 'The Valley of Wonders Inn'. You step inside and look around. There are many elves, dwarves and men sitting around the bar, drinking, eating and talking. In the corner, a large warm fire blazes. Upstairs there are many rooms with comftable bed where a weary traveller can rest his head Here you can chat about whatever you please or have a meal or just spend time with friends.

Menu

Bacon~ 5gp. . . . . . . . . .Lembas Bread~ 10gp
Bread~ 3gp. . . . . . . . . .Salted Pork~ 6gp
Doughnuts~ 4gp . . . . . .Soup~ 3gp
Hobbit Arms~ 6gp

Drinks

Ale~ 5gp. . . . . Vodka~ 6gp
Grog~ 4gp . . . .Water~ 3gp
Mead~ 6gp . . . Wine~ 7gp
Tea~ 7gp . . . . Whisky~ 5gp

Rooms

Halfling Hovel~ 5gp a night
Basic Room~ 7gp a night
Elven Suite~ 10gp a night
Knight's Delux~ 14gp a night
Wizard's Chamber~ 20gp a night

Staff

Innkeeper - Eothain
Chef - rifleman grim
Barman - Frall
Security Bloke - Cherub Gaiseric
Entertainment - karmic
Waiter- Sul the Just
Waiter's Slave (aka second waiter): Silver_Dragon
Wierd Freak - GreenMan

This is sort of based on the beefeater in at CH: http://cossacks.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=11&tn=1814&f=11,,0,all&st=0 This isn't some kind of fad thingy, just an attempt to breathe life into AoWH! And you can chat about anything, in real life or not so.

GOOD LUCK FOR ALL TEAMS IN QUALIFICATION MATCHES THIS WEEKEND, FROM THE INN STAFF!

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

[This message has been edited by eOtHaIn (edited 09-01-2006 @ 11:08 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08-17-04 05:08 PM EDT (US)     421 / 1591  
Sigma is ill! He's thrown up four times today so far (though the last two times weren't much). *cries* It's torture! Torture! *screams*

It's the world in union, the world as one
As we climb to reach our destiny, a new age has begun

Formly known as Eothain

posted 08-18-04 06:37 AM EDT (US)     422 / 1591  
What the hell did you eat?

I've got a gun in my hand but that gun won't cock, my finger's on the trigger but that trigger seems locked and I can't stop staring at the tick-tock clock, and even if I could I would never give up. With a vest on my chest and a bullet in my lung, I can't believe I'm dying with my song unsung. So if and when I die won't you bury me alone, because I'll never get to heaven if I'm singing this song. STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO
posted 08-18-04 09:27 PM EDT (US)     423 / 1591  
Boiled cabbage, probably.
posted 08-20-04 09:12 PM EDT (US)     424 / 1591  
I daresay the Beefeater Inn has been "liquidated". This inn's next on the hit list.
posted 08-20-04 10:26 PM EDT (US)     425 / 1591  
*sneaks over to TVOWI w/ a shotgun, and a backpack full of more guns and ammunition*

Ah . . . you didn't mean that literally, did you?

*sneaks back to TWRI*

*secretly hopes for some sort of war between the inns . . . *

[This message has been edited by psykitty (edited 08-20-2004 @ 10:26 PM).]

posted 08-20-04 10:48 PM EDT (US)     426 / 1591  
Maybe an upcoming forum movie...

War of the Inns: Part 1: The Fellowship of Barstools

Anyone?

===================================== Alphax =====================================
============= LASFS Operative #4 =============
The VoW Inn
"I'll bribe you to change the inn link in your sig." -- TDK
================================================================================
posted 08-20-04 11:10 PM EDT (US)     427 / 1591  
I'd pay to see that.

Don't know if you could stretch it into a trilogy though.

posted 08-20-04 11:18 PM EDT (US)     428 / 1591  
Easy:
Part 2: The Two Inns
Part 3: The Return of the Innkeeper.

It is roaming the depths in eternal hunger, devouring all and everything, far from the light, lost in the shadows, alone, wandering, searching, evermore...
posted 08-20-04 11:29 PM EDT (US)     429 / 1591  
I think I'll finish LotD first, before what's left of the BTOOIC kill me!
posted 08-21-04 09:09 AM EDT (US)     430 / 1591  
What's the point of the BTOOIC? You got your option and there are no other clans still in existence. And as you say, "whats left of the BTOOIC"...

Well, you still need to finish LoTD sometime... in the next year or so would be good.

===================================== Alphax =====================================
The VoW Inn
================================================================================
posted 08-21-04 11:11 AM EDT (US)     431 / 1591  
Hello, everyone.
posted 08-21-04 11:42 AM EDT (US)     432 / 1591  
Hello. Welcome to this Inn, please, talk about whatever the hell you want, Neothain Draconis doesn't mind.

I've got a gun in my hand but that gun won't cock, my finger's on the trigger but that trigger seems locked and I can't stop staring at the tick-tock clock, and even if I could I would never give up. With a vest on my chest and a bullet in my lung, I can't believe I'm dying with my song unsung. So if and when I die won't you bury me alone, because I'll never get to heaven if I'm singing this song. STREETLIGHT MANIFESTO
posted 08-21-04 12:48 PM EDT (US)     433 / 1591  

Quote:

Part 3: The Return of the Innkeeper.

He never left!

Big Innkeeper is watching you! Ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery, etc.

Formly known as Eothain

posted 08-21-04 12:59 PM EDT (US)     434 / 1591  
Sigma, seriously, don't talk about "1984". It gives me nightmares to this day. Horrible, horrible world!

posted 08-21-04 01:28 PM EDT (US)     435 / 1591  
Okay I'll shut up about 1984. But have you read Brave New World? Now that's a pretty scary world... For instance, there's no sex. Everyone is created, not born and their birth conditions and life conditions are pre-determined by what 'class' they are. There's Alpha Pluses all the way to Gamma Minuses. Gammas for instance might have alcahol injected into their blood stream to make them a bit... slower. The world revolves around a drug called soma which is effectively used to control the population. And children at the age of 6 go through, for some unknown reason, 'sex games'... Now that's pretty ****ed up if you ask me.

Very, very disturbing book.

Formly known as Eothain

posted 08-21-04 02:39 PM EDT (US)     436 / 1591  
Argh. Sounds terrible. I'll look it up.

Who wrote it?

posted 08-21-04 07:04 PM EDT (US)     437 / 1591  
Aldous Huxley, I believe. Had to read it for history. For history I read 1984, Animal Farm and Brave New World. Fun stuff.

Formly known as Eothain

posted 08-21-04 07:07 PM EDT (US)     438 / 1591  

Quote:

What's the point of the BTOOIC? You got your option and there are no other clans still in existence. And as you say, "whats left of the BTOOIC"...

Right now, we're trying to find new causes for the BTOOIC, and we say "what's left of the BTOOIC" because most of our members hardly post at all, and our website is just barely active.
And Now I must end this post with the obligatory ''.
posted 08-22-04 05:15 PM EDT (US)     439 / 1591  
I want 5000 beers.

Gimme!

posted 08-22-04 09:59 PM EDT (US)     440 / 1591  
"Are you willing to pay 50,000 gold pieces for that, sir?" said the Magic Servant.
posted 08-23-04 01:12 AM EDT (US)     441 / 1591  
If you come to Havocaos you might get enough money to buy those beers

The VoW Inn
posted 08-26-04 07:17 AM EDT (US)     442 / 1591  
Whooozors! I got my GCSE results today:

English Lit: B
English Lang: B
German: B
Ceramics: B
Maths: B
History: A*
Science: A*
Science: A*
Geography: A

Formly known as Eothain

posted 08-26-04 09:14 AM EDT (US)     443 / 1591  
So... does that convert to a numerical figure?

What do you plan to do now?

The VoW Inn
posted 08-26-04 05:28 PM EDT (US)     444 / 1591  
Sigma Draconis are you going to post that on every HG I visit?

What about my job? I'm going to get my AoW CD back soon so I believe I'll pass by here more often now.

Quoted from Me, muahahahahahahah!!!:

Can I be the elven ranger?

Please, it is so cool!

posted 08-28-04 10:56 AM EDT (US)     445 / 1591  
Yes.

Don't tell anyone, but I'm actually sane.

The VoW Inn
posted 08-28-04 12:29 PM EDT (US)     446 / 1591  

Quote:

"Are you willing to pay 50,000 gold pieces for that, sir?" said the Magic Servant

Watch out for those Magic Servants, they can turn nasty - they may yet have their revenge!

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
posted 08-28-04 01:40 PM EDT (US)     447 / 1591  
I frequently use Magic Servants for point defence within my domain - against a few L0-1 units they are quite effective when I have some decent combat spells.

As for that 50,000 gold...

The VoW Inn
posted 09-01-04 01:31 PM EDT (US)     448 / 1591  

Quote:

What the...?
posted 09-02-04 03:04 AM EDT (US)     449 / 1591  
No evidence of this though.

It was meant to be whispered...

The VoW Inn
posted 09-02-04 05:41 PM EDT (US)     450 / 1591  
Oh, ok...

Quote:

What the...?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 13 14 15 16 17 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Valley of Wonders - Community Forum » The Valley of Wonders Inn
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames