The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Atzy

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Forum wars- signups and questions
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01-23-07 11:20 AM EDT (US)   
While my counterpart is readying the map, here is the signup thread, and the rules. Do not shy away from any questions- we want to get this right, and these are beta rules.
Please note that the rules are subject to change, as we're thinking about implimenting luck, but this is the game in it's simplest form.
Units and map coming soon...
Properganda thread 1
Properganda thread 2

Rules- beta version

There are 2 forces. Your objective is to wipe the other side off the map.
Signing up: Forummers must be active, and must also give the name of his captain of the battalion he or she will control (and 2nd captain if he gets one). They may not sign up for a team, but may give the preferred choice of teams. The quicker you are, the more likely you are to get your choice. After sign ups have been collected, the forummers are assigned teams, and they must vote the general (see below) in the thread.
Each side is split into 20 companies, each one controlled by a designated forummer.
General: The person in charge of the force is called the General. S/he is in charge of overall strategy, and must designate who controls what battalion. S/he also designates two Colonels. S/he must E-mail the grid references of where the battalions are to set up using the map before the battle. They also choose the army composition. The General may be elected by forummers on their team before the deployment stage, or chosen randomly by the game moderator.
In addition to these responsibilities, the General may also control up to 2 battalions that are not his/her own 3 times a game. They order it as if it is their own, and the captain of the battalion may not issue further orders unless there are any movement/shooting points left over.
Colonels: Colonels are deputies to the General. They are appointed by the General in the deployment stage, and have control of their battalions as normal. However, they may each control a company that isn’t theirs once during the battle. They order it as if it is their own, and the captain of the battalion may not issue further orders unless there are any movement/shooting points left over.
Turns: the moderator announces the start of a turn. This means that Forummers can post their orders and such in the thread. There is no set order for forummers to post, so you must get your orders in quickly before a forummer on another team exploits a weakness.
Since there are two moderators in this game, we shall update the map as often as we can. However, we can’t promise anything.
Giving orders: This is when you tell your battalion what to do. You must do this according to the compass points (N, S, E, W). For instance, this would be a rifle’s order: E 3
Fire at (target regiment using regiment number- this is an example) 1st
W 2
Each battalion has a set amount of movement points. You may move to an adjacent square, but not diagonally. You may only move how many squares you have movement points. You may pass through friendly units, but you obviously can’t share a square with them. Also, you can’t move through enemy units.

Shooting: Each battalion, depending on what type it is, has a number of shots per turn. They also have a range. You may shoot as many squares away as your range is along the rank and file, but you can only shoot half your range value diagonally, and you may not shoot in an L-shape- like a knight moves on a chess board.
Every shot costs 1 HP from the targeted battalion. The exception to this is grape shot (see below), and Cover (also below)

Canister: Cannons may use either round shot, which inflicts normal damage, or canister, which inflicts 2 hp normally. Both have different ranges, but you are not penalised for switching between shots.

Bayonets: If you are an infantry battalion, then you may use one shot to put on your bayonets. You must specify this in your order. Units with bayonets on that aren’t in close combat may shoot, but have one less shot per turn as long as they are on. The exception to this are rifles, who only have one shot. Also, cavalrymen do not need to put on bayonets as they have swords, and Gunners can’t, thus always inflicting 0.25 hp in close combat. A unit with Bayonets on will have an arrow on their symbol on the map. You may not put on bayonets in combat.

Close Combat: The number of close combat attacks your battalion has draws from your close combat rating. To charge into close combat, you must say in your orders to charge battalion X. You must be on an adjacent square to charge. Charging doesn’t take up a movement point, as you do not move a square. It does, however, take up a close combat attack.
Charging isn’t necessary- you can stand on an adjacent square, shoot, and wheel away again.
Once in close combat, you must say in your orders ‘Close attack X battalion’- the X being the battalion you’re in combat with. Unless you are in a battalion that doesn’t have bayonets on, when you charge your battalion inflict 1 hp damage on the charge and 0.5 hp damage in all other close combat attacks. If your infantry battalion does not have a bayonet on, it inflicts half the normal damage, so, for instance, if it charges without a bayonet it inflicts 0.5 hp, and there after dole out 0.25 hp damage.
Note that Gunner crews always inflict half damage, and cavalry always inflict full damage.
You may withdraw from combat, but it costs a firing and movement point (both for one move). You may not fire in combat, but you can once the enemy is dead or has withdrawn. You may reinforce a fight from an adjacent square (not diagonal), but a unit may not fight ‘through’ another unit. If your unit is in a multiple combat, IE, more than one unit involved, you must specify which unit the attacks are aimed at (‘Close combat X battalion’).
Any close combat fight will be shown on the map by a red line drawn around the units involved.

Cover: A moderator must designate cover. Any unit is in cover if they are of the following:
In a designated feature, such as a tree.
Adjacent to a wall/building and the fire is coming from the other side.
If an enemy unit shooting must travel through cover and is more than 2 squares away.
If your unit is in cover, it takes half the damage from everything.

Inactives: Any inactive players may be replaced if the general wishes. To do this s/he must E-mail the game moderator, stating that the player is inactive and that s/he wishes to replace them. A player outside the game, or a reserve may volunteer to play instead of the inactive player, but if no such forummer can be found the command is offered by the general to a player of his/her choice, thus keeping the game moving.

Units: Rifles
Symbol: TBA
Info: Crack skirmishers, these can kill at 400 yards.
Movement points: 5 (squares you can move)
Shots per turn: 1 (number of shots you can have per turn)
Range: 5 (squares you can shoot)
Close combat attacks: 2 (number of close combat attacks)
HP: 7 (amount of damage it can take)
Unit limit: 5 (This is for the General pre battle- this is the upper amount of this unit can be picked for the army- for instance, you can't have a force of 20 rifles.)

Dragoons:
Info: Cavalry that can fire a pistol before closing in for the kill with cavalry sabres
Movement points: 7
Shots per turn: 1
Range: 1
Close combat attacks: 4
HP: 6
Unit limit: 7

Infantry
Info: ‘Poor beggars’, without these scum the whole army would fall apart.
Movement points: 4
Shots per turn: 4
Range: 3
Close combat attacks: 2
HP: 9
Unit Limit: 15

Guns
Info: Long-range killers, they can switch to canister within musket range.
Movement points: 2
Shots per turn: 3
Range (round shot): 10
Range (Canister): 4
Close combat attacks: 1
HP: 4
Unit limit: 6

Any questions? Sorry if it's hard to read.

When signing up, please state your forum name, your e-mail adress so that your team can talk to you confidently without giving away stratagy, and which side you'd ideally like to be on- Forces of Seraphim, or the Forces of Change. It's first come, first served.
Please note that for this game only, the generals are pre-determined- EoJ and Taylor. We're sorry, but we made the game and story

Signed up (max 40):
Forum name- preffered side- E-mail
EoJ- Forces of Seraphim- eojup(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk
Taylor_Flame- Forces of Change- lord_of_flame(at)hotmail(dot)com- Awol
L0rd WolF- Forces of Seraphim- yloupas(at)hotmail(dot)com
Tarquinius - Forces of Change- toompiej(at)hotmail(dot)com
Aeneas2- Forces of Seraphim- adberndt(at)cableone(dot)net
Smeagolfan24- Forces of Seraphim- smeagolsolis(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
Yamato Take- Forces of Change- Lord_Stoon(at)hotmail(dot)com
steace43- Forces of Change- steave435(at)hotmail(dot)com
SS- Forces of Seraphim- SuicidalScotsman(at)hotmail(dot)com
Legolaim- Forces of Seraphim- martin_dean444(at)hotmail(dot)com
Ancalagon_4554- Forces of Seraphim- ulfangtheblack(at)hotmail(dot)com
Jax- Forces of Seraphim- mat3740(at)gmail(dot)com
Robert_Squared[- Forces of Change- robertsquared(at)gmail(dot)com
Kester- ????-kester(at)heavengames(dot)com

The e-mail for forumwars is forumwars@gmail.com.
Once again, We stress that any questions that you have should be asked, no matter how silly you may think it is- that way we can fix any screw ups

I spin twine with the Fates. I carry the scyth of ages. I ride with the four horsemen of the Apocolypse. I play games with Gods for the fates of men.

[This message has been edited by Forum Wars Mod (edited 02-04-2007 @ 03:24 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-23-07 11:24 AM EDT (US)     1 / 51  
Go, my friends! Choose your sides!

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 01-23-2007 @ 11:26 AM).]

posted 01-23-07 03:19 PM EDT (US)     2 / 51  
L0rd WolF- yloupas@hotmail.com
Preferred side: EoJ and the Forces of Seraphim

anything else I need to add??

|-LW-|
Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
that here, obedient to their laws, we lie
"If they want a war, we'll give them a war." -Master Chief
Rugby Season, 11 games, 9 wins
posted 01-23-07 03:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 51  
Tarquinius - toompiej[at]hotmail[dot]com
Forces of Change

Game away

<Add signature here>
posted 01-23-07 04:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 51  
Looks fun.

Forum Name: Aeneas2
Email: adberndt@cableone.net
Preferred Side: Forces of Seraphim

Aeneas l BFME2 Heaven l WiC Heaven
"The most important thing is to remember to have fun! After all, what else could be the point of nuking your friends?" - Cheesewiz
posted 01-23-07 04:35 PM EDT (US)     5 / 51  
I didn't even bother to look at the rules.

I'm in. Email's my MSN in my profile.

Question: Got any gmail invites?

posted 01-23-07 05:54 PM EDT (US)     6 / 51  
Gmail is free. You don't need invites. It took me all of one minute to go to the site and make an email.

TO tell the truth, I really can't be stuffed to go into peoples profile because they were to lazy to tell us their email but still want to play the game.

And if the forces arent balanced, they will be changed.

TaylorFlame - The Definitive Man.
posted 01-23-07 08:09 PM EDT (US)     7 / 51  
I'm in, but I'm not sure that I get the rules. I'm guessing that I'll learn as I go along...

Name: Smeagolfan24
Email: smeagolsolis at sbcglobal dot net
Side: Forces of Seraphim

.:|Smeagol|:.
World in Conflict Heaven Cherub
Battle For Middle-earth II Heaven Replay Reviewer and Ledgend

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend somewhere along in the bitterness.
Oh, I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life...
posted 01-23-07 08:21 PM EDT (US)     8 / 51  
Sorry, TaylorFlame.

ulfangtheblack@hotmail.com

posted 01-23-07 08:46 PM EDT (US)     9 / 51  
Taylor you promised me second in command and some sort of special ability.

Forces of Change (Taylor)
Lord_Stoon@hotmail.com

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 01-24-07 02:21 AM EDT (US)     10 / 51  
I dunno, sure.

TaylorFlame - The Definitive Man.
posted 01-24-07 05:56 AM EDT (US)     11 / 51  
I'll sign up
steace43
steave435@hotmail.com
forces of change

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
posted 01-24-07 11:19 AM EDT (US)     12 / 51  
Bearing in mind we have to even up the teams

Quote:

I'm in, but I'm not sure that I get the rules. I'm guessing that I'll learn as I go along...

Just put any questions here. If you don't ask now, you're stuffed

EDIT: Anc, you need to state which side you want. I'm putting the others before you, as they stated it

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 01-24-2007 @ 12:07 PM).]

posted 01-24-07 05:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 51  
I'm just not sure I completely get the whole combat thing. The orders, mainly.

.:|Smeagol|:.
World in Conflict Heaven Cherub
Battle For Middle-earth II Heaven Replay Reviewer and Ledgend

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend somewhere along in the bitterness.
Oh, I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life...
posted 01-24-07 09:13 PM EDT (US)     14 / 51  
I'll sign up

kester at heavengames.com

No preference as to sides.

.-°-.- Kester -.-°-.
-.-°-.- deviations .-°-. flickr .-°-. gamertag -.-°-.-
.-°-.- if (Kester.says("Zen! Get online")) { zen.status("online") } -.-°-.
posted 01-24-07 09:35 PM EDT (US)     15 / 51  
I'm in!

SuicidalScotsman (SS)

SuicidalScotsman@hotmail.com

Forces of Seraphim

Scotty the Fallen | One-time Angel Reincarnate, and Former BFME2H and TWH Downloads administrator, and BFME2 Strategy Administrator.
"And I shall go softly into the night, taking my dreams, as will you." - EoJ
"Scotty's probably the only forumer here who can make every post a defiant claim of his own superiority." - Atzy

[This message has been edited by SuicidalScotsman (edited 01-24-2007 @ 09:41 PM).]

posted 01-24-07 09:58 PM EDT (US)     16 / 51  
If you don't think I'll be a factor, give me to the other side.

BEWARE OF THE DRAGON!

posted 01-24-07 10:02 PM EDT (US)     17 / 51  
I have no idea what to do

Legolaim
Brigader General
posted 01-24-07 10:06 PM EDT (US)     18 / 51  
Me neither, but I think it'll get clearer as we start

.-°-.- Kester -.-°-.
-.-°-.- deviations .-°-. flickr .-°-. gamertag -.-°-.-
.-°-.- if (Kester.says("Zen! Get online")) { zen.status("online") } -.-°-.
posted 01-24-07 10:09 PM EDT (US)     19 / 51  
Ok then I'll sign up.

Legolaim

martin_dean444@hotmail.com

Forces of Seraphim (Please don't make me be on the same side as that aussie)

Legolaim
Brigader General

[This message has been edited by Legolaim (edited 01-25-2007 @ 05:10 AM).]

posted 01-25-07 00:02 AM EDT (US)     20 / 51  
What side to choose...

Hm... bribes perhaps?

\m/ METALHEAD \m/
Question me not say the LORD unto thee
You have chosen your own fate and your own destiny

MySpace
posted 01-25-07 10:56 AM EDT (US)     21 / 51  
Once you get playing it'll come, hopefully

Right, you're an infantry battalion, and there's an enemy battalion (the 2nd) two squares to the east. You have no bayonets on, and niether does the 2nd.

Orders: fix bayonets
Shoot 2nd battalion
shoot 2nd battalion
east 2 squares
charge 2nd battalion
Close attack 2nd battalion

You inflict 2HP damage from shooting, then 2HP from charging, and 0.5HP from close combat. Altogether, 4.5 HP.

Does it help at all?

posted 01-25-07 11:06 AM EDT (US)     22 / 51  
Units are up.

I spin twine with the Fates. I carry the scyth of ages. I ride with the four horsemen of the Apocolypse. I play games with Gods for the fates of men.
posted 01-25-07 11:20 AM EDT (US)     23 / 51  
Oh, sweet- We're newsied!

posted 01-25-07 01:19 PM EDT (US)     24 / 51  
Forces of Change.

alex@heavengames.com

posted 01-25-07 04:21 PM EDT (US)     25 / 51  

Quote:

Does it help at all?

No I don't think it does. What does bayonets mean?

Legolaim
Brigader General
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » Forum wars- signups and questions
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames