Please login or register

Pharaoh: Game Help
Moderated by VitruviusAIA, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Weird (and short term) Festival Square bug
posted 10-24-16 14:41 ET (US)   
While building my Improved Immortal Iunet, I connected the festival square to the other roads and saved the game. When I loaded the saved game, destination walkers used all of the festival square. It was frustrating, but eventually I realized that when the month changed, the festival square returned to its normal behavior.

By experimenting with the Sandbox custom mission, I discovered that the bug (that destination walkers use all of the festival square) occurs whenever a saved game is loaded, for the rest of the month.

I'd assume that in most city designs, the bug wouldn't be seen. (I could see it occur in a few of my saved games, but the effects are minor. For example, load my North Dahshur, and the first cart of beer generated will go straight through the festival square but the second one generated after the month changes will follow the roads under the festival square.) In my Improved Immortal Iunet, one effect was to deny some buildings fire protection for up to a month, which should not usually be a problem (and can be eliminated by saving the game only very near the end of the month).

[Added]The bug also occurs when the map is rotated, for the rest of the month.

[This message has been edited by Brugle (edited 11-10-2020 @ 12:43 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10-24-16 16:09 ET (US)     1 / 5  
Not really sure what this means. So a destination walker will go along all 9 (or more) road tiles before leaving the square and becoming a destination walker again?

Eagles may soar, but weasels do not get sucked into jet engines
Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft. Unsurprisingly it sank, Proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too
posted 10-24-16 17:20 ET (US)     2 / 5  
When a destination walker computes a route over roads, it includes the 9 (or more) road tiles under the festival square. However, when a saved game (with a festival square connected to other roads) is loaded, during that month a destination walker computing a route over roads also includes the non-road tiles under a festival square.

If that isn't clear, get my North Dahshur and watch the first beer cart pusher generated: it will follow a path through non-road tiles on the festival square, unlike other cart pushers who follow the roads.
posted 10-25-16 04:06 ET (US)     3 / 5  
Ah ok, I get what you mean now. Maybe they were originally designed to be completely roads regardless of the network underneath.

Eagles may soar, but weasels do not get sucked into jet engines
Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft. Unsurprisingly it sank, Proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too
posted 11-10-20 12:45 ET (US)     4 / 5  
When playing the custom mission Keeping Up With The Hoteps, I realized that the bug can also occur when the map is rotated, so I added a sentence to the end of the opening post.
posted 12-10-20 01:46 ET (US)     5 / 5  
Deleted spam

[This message has been edited by kach (edited 12-10-2020 @ 01:50 PM).]

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Pharaoh: Game Help » Weird (and short term) Festival Square bug
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames