You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Caesar IV: Game Help
Moderated by Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Misc Nuisances - Strategies?
posted 01-20-07 18:17 ET (US)   
I'm working on Caralis now and it is by far the best looking city I have, incorporating some things Ilearned from both Kach and Grumpus but several things happened that I'd like some feedback on.

I've been using the overlays and for now reason that I could see coming Zeus zaaped seceral insulae. What gives? All I seem to be able to do for the boy at this point is a shrine and that was up and manned. Are the Gods just crazy sometimes?

Villas - besides generating some taxes is there a point I have to have them? Caralis opens up a whole bunch of options that you don't see until this point.

Great tiles, Belladonna. What is the bottom natural stone one called, the one right beneath the red, black and white mosaic in your sample?

Replies:
posted 01-20-07 19:26 ET (US)     1 / 8  
You might need to pay a bit more attention to Jupiter. Check out this thread.

You will need villas to increase your prosperity rating.

Quote:

What is the bottom natural stone one called, the one right beneath the red, black and white mosaic in your sample?

I think that one is 'slate'.
posted 01-20-07 19:34 ET (US)     2 / 8  
I don't use Villas unless I need them for the culture. In Caralis, I didn't use any Villas. Build more dormus and then you can build another shrine to Jupiter so that you don't feel his wrath.

I always try to build at least two shrines to Jupiter at the start(or near start) so I don't "P" him off.

posted 01-20-07 19:51 ET (US)     3 / 8  

Quoted from JoeExplorer:

I don't use Villas unless I need them for the culture. In Caralis, I didn't use any Villas.

I think you mean prosperity not culture.

Are you sure you're thinking of the right map? You need a prosperity of 50 to win Caralis, and you can't get that without villas.

posted 01-21-07 03:22 ET (US)     4 / 8  
Jupiter likes to have more shrines dedicated to him than the other gods so make sure he has at least one more than the others. Have you checked your religion tab in your overseers?

Thanks for the compliment! Yes, the tile you asked about is indeed called 'slate'. I was inspired by the multicolor slate we put in our house over the summer. I think it's beautiful, at home and in the game.

posted 01-21-07 15:54 ET (US)     5 / 8  
I finished Caralis a few days ago and I had four or five villas to bring my prosperity rating up to the required 50. I haven't yet built any city walls so I don't know if I could've made it with only Domus or not. As it was I had to add a colloseum and forum to evolve those villas far enough for the prosperity rating.
posted 01-21-07 16:17 ET (US)     6 / 8  
The prosperity calculator is a handy way of finding out if your housing will give you the required prosperity rating.
posted 01-21-07 17:19 ET (US)     7 / 8  
Prosperity Calculator = Way Cool!
posted 01-21-07 22:35 ET (US)     8 / 8  
My bad Kach....Yes prosperity not culture. Thinking faster than I'm typing...LOL
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar IV: Game Help » Misc Nuisances - Strategies?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames