Topic Subject: :( Gaius fred :(
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
posted 08-18-09 07:17 PM EDT (US)   
[jaxthread]

house won this

[This message has been edited by Jax (edited 08-18-2009 @ 09:24 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-18-09 07:19 PM EDT (US)     1 / 164  
Welcome, Jax. There are 11 guests online.
This is pretty terrible to be honest. I'm sat with nothing better to do than F5 HG, yet no-one is here to post in any threads!!

Even Pimms can't upgrade this to a satisfactory situation.

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 164  

Carlsberg beer is probably the wors beer in the world. Carlsberg ruins parties, and kidnapped Madeleine Mccann. I can't think of a single thing I've ever drunk that is worse than it, to be honest. No beer is worse certainly.

Even Coors Light. Or Bud Light. And when a XYZ Light beer tastes better than your main brand it should be a concern.

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 164  
Speaking of horror things to drink - I was in the Uni bar once, and all the Football Society (do you put "society" on the end of a sporty thing?) where there. They were looking for someone to drink a pint of urine, which I did my best to provide, but I realised how weird it was mid wee and so they only had half a pint. I ran away when the guy started drinking it.

Society people are craaaazy.

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:27 PM EDT (US)     4 / 164  
I tried to join the Ultimate Frisbee society in my first year. Unfortunately training was on a Wednesday (when I work), a Thursday afternoon (when I had lectures), and on a Saturday (when I work). You had to attend at least two of these, and since I could attend none I kind of couldn't do it. I did go to the taster session though and it was bags of fun.

I also paid to join the Monster Raving Looney society two years running (costs cover a very robust top hat), but I've yet to get round to going to a meeting. This is largely because early on in both first semesters I had a lot on so missed the first set of meetings. I would've felt weird going to a later one and not knowing anyone, so I didn't. I also joined the Anime society but never went.

I've loved Uni but my biggest regret is not joining a society.

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 164  
Actually one other thing I don't like about Uni is binmen. Or rather, one thing about living away from home.

I don't mind putting the bins out - that's easy. I do mind living with the fallout of binmen who won't collect because you are twenty seconds late with putting your bins out, or binmen who just don't show up some weeks.

This problem is made a lot worse with the glass recycling binmen, because they only come every two weeks. Obviously this schedule is made so that our glass bins will be filled up over two weeks, but if we miss a collection we are basically screwed.

no fun!

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:31 PM EDT (US)     6 / 164  
Also our landlords have gradually stopped caring. They went from being very helpful at the start of last year to not really giving a shit now - one of our freezers has been duff for about three weeks now but oh well.

That said other landlords are even more wank. Some of them have shit lights that turn on by motion sensors rather than actual switches, which is no good at all. I can't see it saving a great deal of electricity, but it is very annoying. Especially the auto light in the bathrooms.

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:34 PM EDT (US)     7 / 164  

This drive for stopping climate change is gash. I have my PC on 24/7. My motherboard tells me it doesn't take a lot of power to run when it's doing nothing (this is a feature, which is a weird feature). That said, it means that the efforts of my housemates who care about this sort of thing are kind of nullified.

I can't wait for oil to run out, which would force us onto renewables, and then maybe I wouldn't hear about climate change from everyone all the time. It's a bore.

note that I'm not read on the subject, and I am an annoying asshole who wastes power on accasion just for kicks.

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 164  
Speaking of which...

Abby (MY WIFE) has the brand new sparkly metal one touch MacBook. It's a very good piece of equipment (even if I don't get on with OSX), but the keys don't light up. On the old macs the keys lit up. This was a nice feature. I put this change down to energy saving and claimate change hysteria.

Which is obviously the cause. Yeah.

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:38 PM EDT (US)     9 / 164  
Another popular thing that sucks is Neopolitan Ice Cream (All Caps Needed).

I don't know anyone who likes chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry so much that it's a pain to choose between them. I hate strawberry flavoured things (I know a few people like this so bleh), and aren't keen on chocolate ice cream. I'm sure if push came to shove people could choose a preferred flavour.

Anyway my point is that no-one likes all three evenly so get out. It's the same as no-one liking coleslaw, yet coleslaw is available with all kinds of dishes. That, incidentally, is a mystery that even Holmes couldn't solve.

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:39 PM EDT (US)     10 / 164  
Four Kicks by Kings of Leon is a Good Song. I suspect many people here *won't* like it, but I do. So there.

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:40 PM EDT (US)     11 / 164  
Sex on Fire is probably better, but thats the one everyone likes so I should probably shun it.

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:41 PM EDT (US)     12 / 164  
You are drunk, aren't you

And shame on you for wasting electricity.

Reddendum hoc vobis
Translate this yourself
-----------------------
Motto of the French Navy: "To the water, it is time!"
posted 08-18-09 07:43 PM EDT (US)     13 / 164  
The other day someone broke into my car (it has a duff car) and stole the steering wheel. This is a Comedy Crime. It's made even better by the fact that the thieves didn't steal the CDs or radio or wicker hat or football gloves or glasses in the car.

The Police rang me after I reported this online asking where the car was so they could "look for fingerprints." It's not a murder and I doubt they'll find prints on the wheel since it was stolen.

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:44 PM EDT (US)     14 / 164  
WULF I AM NOT DRUNK

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:45 PM EDT (US)     15 / 164  
Here's something curious:

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:47 PM EDT (US)     16 / 164  

Moominpappa (yay!) wears naught but a top hat. This means he is great. Moominmamma only wears an apron.

Yet when they go swimming they wear swimsuits. Where does this sudden modesty spring from? no-one knows!

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:48 PM EDT (US)     17 / 164  
Also Wulf your disapproval makes me actually sad I'm sorry

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:50 PM EDT (US)     18 / 164  
You also realise this is so going to get closed. In about 8 hours when Gaius wakes up.

Reddendum hoc vobis
Translate this yourself
-----------------------
Motto of the French Navy: "To the water, it is time!"
posted 08-18-09 07:50 PM EDT (US)     19 / 164  
Back on the music front:

I quite like La Roux. You might not. However, the thing that gets me is that everyone always says how freaky she looks. If you read her Youtube it's quite hurtful in fact (!!). I think she looks quite good (not pretty, but she looks hot enough for me) and I'm going to say it. So there.

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:52 PM EDT (US)     20 / 164  
You also realise this is so going to get closed. In about 8 hours when Gaius wakes up.
Actually I thought I would run for fun and see how far I got. Then I realised this place is only (apparently) moderated by EoJ and gaius, which gives me a clear runway.

Although I have no idea (well, broad guesses) where Terikel or Andalus live. But I can sprint until they arrive.

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:55 PM EDT (US)     21 / 164  
I bought a long foamy swimmy thing from Tesco the other day, and it works well as jousting material. I don't know how to describe it better than that I'm afraid - it's like a 2-metre (not METER SILLY USA) long sponge floating aid used for swimming.

Anyway, long story shory, it cost £2.50 which is a bargain. Tesco may be AS EVIL AS GOOGLE but they cut you a good deal.

house won this
posted 08-18-09 07:57 PM EDT (US)     22 / 164  
Are you trying to get yourself banned?

you like something both hardcore and whack
2009 RLT & ETWH Craziest Forummer Award!
I had to remove the excessive numbers of smilies I used á la VampiricCannibal so as not to inconvenience low bandwidth users too much... - Edorix
posted 08-18-09 07:58 PM EDT (US)     23 / 164  
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/06/14/roburkys-dwarf-fortress-diary/

Shrinks says read the last paragraph to me. So you should too, methinks.

house won this
posted 08-18-09 08:00 PM EDT (US)     24 / 164  
Are you trying to get yourself banned?

house won this
posted 08-18-09 08:01 PM EDT (US)     25 / 164  
NO

house won this
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: