You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Topic Subject: NowGamer Reviews Empire
posted 03-01-09 06:20 AM EDT (US)   
Hi, just to let you know that NowGamer have reviewed Empire here: http://www.nowgamer.com/reviews/pc-mmo/7911/empire-total-war
Their score? 10/10, so a fantastic score from them. My excitement builds further each day.
Utterly unconnected but rather than starting a new thread, I thought I'd post here, play.com now has the game as 'In Stock' and 'Despatched Within 24 Hours'. Does this mean play.com-ers get the game early?

Nobody knows exactly where the entity known as Stephen Hill came from. He was found fully formed at the height of a storm and is believed to have come to Earth from a distant world where human qualities of fashion and beauty did not exist, which explains a lot. Constructed mostly of hatred and contempt, wrapped up in a pathetic human shell, Stephen comes fully equipped with his Antarian death coat, his Pen of Rage +2, and a variety of useful headgear

[This message has been edited by LordTaeglan (edited 03-01-2009 @ 06:40 AM).]

Replies:
posted 03-01-09 06:46 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
Newsied.

And as for Play.com, it doesn't matter if you get the game early because Steam won't let you play it until it's 'unlocked' on the 3rd/4th.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
posted 03-01-09 07:25 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
I know, but I wouldn't mind aving a read through the manual, that;s what I meant. Should probably have enunciated that a little more clearly.
BTW, hate to be nitpicky, but you've put 'Empires', in the news item!

Nobody knows exactly where the entity known as Stephen Hill came from. He was found fully formed at the height of a storm and is believed to have come to Earth from a distant world where human qualities of fashion and beauty did not exist, which explains a lot. Constructed mostly of hatred and contempt, wrapped up in a pathetic human shell, Stephen comes fully equipped with his Antarian death coat, his Pen of Rage +2, and a variety of useful headgear

[This message has been edited by LordTaeglan (edited 03-01-2009 @ 07:43 AM).]

posted 03-01-09 10:28 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
The reviewer says 11 playable factions.. so no Mughals I guess

lol im jumby
posted 03-01-09 11:16 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
The best stragety game ever made? I'm really gettin this now, even if loading times are bad.
posted 03-01-09 02:13 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
Im not sure about "best strategy game ever" but still sounds redonkamazing!
posted 03-01-09 05:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
Its the BEST STRATEGY GAME EVER!!!! at least untill the next TW game comes out.

It is not enough that I succeed, but my enemies must fail.

I came, I saw, and was crushed.

Mongols? Time for a strategic retreat to the Atlantic.
posted 03-02-09 08:06 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
Closing now.

Please refer all discussion to our Grand Reviews Thread.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: