You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion
Moderated by Pitt, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Topic Subject: Special Forces Edition Update - Now Downloadable as DLC!
posted 10-05-09 03:19 PM EDT (US)   
Steam has also included an update of the special forces edition, including the 3 units that were previously available as pre-order specials.

I hope this updates automatically and we don't need to repurchase.

This one sounds interesting. I wonder if they scream like women when shot and do we see the decapitations???

The Dahomey Amazons — An elite female-only military regiment from West Africa. Disciplined both in rifle drills and close combat, they are rightly feared for their incredible courage and their practice of decapitating their captives. This unit is available when holding territory in North Africa.
Replies:
posted 10-05-09 03:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9  
I doubt we will see the decapitations, as it states that they decapitated their captives and in ETW they are no captives
posted 10-05-09 05:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9  
Couldn't find the Prussian Hussar unit in custom battles, so I hope this doesn't mean we miss out.
posted 10-06-09 04:22 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9  
i haven't got the special forces edition and i wish i had pre ordered it is there a way to buy the content of SF for the original ETW?

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."
posted 10-06-09 05:14 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9  
Yeah, this pack is for all the units which were released with the SF edition. I think I'll pass on it though, I already have the SF edition and so getting those Amazons and Hussars isn't really worth the cash. A good buy for those who haven't got it yet though

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
posted 10-06-09 06:40 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9  
You couldn't buy it even if you wanted to. If you already have the special forces edition, steam tells you you've already purchased the dlc. Therefore anyone who purchased the SFE at release is now missing out on 2-3 units (I got the USS Constitution as a pre-order).

So, for $10 extra I got 7 units at release. Others now get 9 units for $2.50. CA need to fix this.
posted 10-06-09 10:03 AM EDT (US)     6 / 9  
Well for $2.49, I couldn't pass up the Special Forces Unit Pack. I believe it adds a little more diversity to the overall game.

"I expect to pass through this world but once ;
Any good, therefore, that I can do ,
or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature,
let me do it now ; Let me not defer or neglect it ,
for I shall not pass this way again."
posted 10-07-09 04:34 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9  
Edited the title a little so it's more obvious at a glance as to what the thread is about

Archieike seems to think us with Special Forces already gets the extra 3 units for free... not that it matters too much to me anyway, I am using a mod which uses the Hussar Skin, I already have the Constitution thanks to my preorder and the Dahomey Amazons don't look like too much of a loss.

EDIT: Regardless of what I said, Arch is still right;
SEGA has decided to provide all those who own the Special Forces Edition of Empire: Total War with the bonus content, free of charge. Owners of qualifying accounts will automatically receive this content when you log into Steam.

If you'd like to confirm your account has been granted these units, right-click on the game in Steam to view Empire's Properties, then select the DLC tab.

Those who've purchased Empire: Total War - Special Forces Units & Bonus Content DLC and previously owned the Special Forces Edition of the game will be refunded accordingly. Our apologies for any confusion, and our thanks to SEGA for delivering their bonus content to Empire's most loyal fans.
Good news then.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."

[This message has been edited by Aftermath (edited 10-07-2009 @ 04:37 PM).]

posted 10-07-09 05:44 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9  
You're right, they have been added. I don't when though, as I checked that after the update and they weren't there at that stage. Good news though.
posted 10-08-09 03:44 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9  
€1.99! I'm getting it!
SEGA has decided to provide all those who own the Special Forces Edition of Empire: Total War with the bonus content, free of charge. Owners of qualifying accounts will automatically receive this content when you log into Steam.
That is good news. It would be unfair if the situation rob_redcoat mentioned was to happen.
Sure, we are getting the units cheaper but game costs always decrease over time.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Empire: Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War - Campaign & General Discussion » Special Forces Edition Update - Now Downloadable as DLC!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: