HG Main Mafia Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Serial Mafia Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
posted 10-07-12 09:46 PM CT (US)   

The calm night was the perfect ending to their date. She kissed him goodbye and started walking back to her dorm. Just as she was about to approach the steps to her building, she saw a man in a leg cast and crutches struggling to carry his briefcase to his car.

She implored, "let me get that for you, Sir!"

With a kind smile and a nod of the head, he handed over the briefcase and kindly pointed to a light brown Volkswagen Beetle. As she turned to give the man back his briefcase, she was greeted with the cold steel of the man's crutch across he cheek. The force behind the swing seemed to hint the man was doing so wildly, without control. His face, however, contradicted that. His cold eyes and calculative gaze gave ode to his true nature. If she knew what lay in store for her, she would ask for a swift death. Even then, though, she would receive no peace. Ted didn't mind her cold body. In fact, he preferred it. Only when she had rotted or been eaten by wildlife to the point of no use would he leave her alone. No, the truth is, this Hell was only the beginning.

Rules
  1. The moderator is always right. If you have a grievance, please discuss it with me privately via email.

2. All roles will be distributed at random and without bias.

3. There will be no editing of posts permitted.

4. This game is closed communication unless otherwise stated in your role e-mail.

5. Dead players and non-participants may not post in the game thread. If this occurs, it may result in a consequence for the remaining members of that faction.

6. Night will last 48 hours. Any players that have not sent in actions at the end of night are assumed to have abstained.

7. Days will not have a limit, but a deadline will be imposed in the event of declining activity.

8. The roles, character name, and alignment are not revealed in a death notification unless otherwise specified.

9. All players are expected to keep some respect of presence in the game and to attempt to stay up on the game to the best of their abilities.

10. If a player must take extended leave from the game, a replacement will be found.

11. Direct quoting of any moderator-to-player communication, whether in part or whole, is not permitted. This includes role e-mails.

12. Posting at night is forbidden unless stated otherwise in your role e-mail.

Player List:
01. WRP
04. Mozzy
06. Newt
08. Xyziothe Herr mk.II

Ted Bundy's playthings:
02. Lordy
03. Herr
05. Rot
07. PoS
09. Ser Periagil
10. Plake
11. Slartibartfast
12. Popey

"I have this hysterical urge to move to another room and laugh when I hear Lordy say he has speculated and used some math..." -Major Helper
"God damnit, did I just make that an Australian demon?
-Sodamister
"I like my women like I like my English weather: cold and wet." -Henrz

[This message has been edited by SodaMister (edited 11-16-2012 @ 07:09 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-07-12 09:46 PM CT (US)     1 / 573  
It is now Day 1.

"I have this hysterical urge to move to another room and laugh when I hear Lordy say he has speculated and used some math..." -Major Helper
-Sodamister
posted 10-07-12 11:13 PM CT (US)     2 / 573  
Just how bastard of a mod do we think Soda would be?

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
posted 10-07-12 11:31 PM CT (US)     3 / 573  
Sodamister recalled his first game with warmth in his heart. Oh, he had learned much from his mentor, SirDante. They had wondered just what kind of mod he would be. Oh, if they knew then what they know now...

-Sodamister
posted 10-08-12 00:06 AM CT (US)     4 / 573  
Vote: Slartibartfast

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 10-08-12 00:08 AM CT (US)     5 / 573  
The obvious direction for the day anyway.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
posted 10-08-12 03:27 AM CT (US)     6 / 573  
So this is newbie pressure...

"His name has to be sneezed out" - Aro
"Slobberingbastardfart" - Scud
"Slutty-barf-fast" - Mozzarella Man

You should join I am Jack's Mafia
posted 10-08-12 03:57 AM CT (US)     7 / 573  
But SirFart can't be the sk.

BECAUSE IM THE SK!

Not really no. Isn't wee in this game?

Vote: SirFart

"Quoting yourself is stupid"-Lordofglory
"FPS never have lores, I'm sorry."-Joshua Thacker
"Daybreak? I'd rather we be done with you here and now."-Rotaretilbo
posted 10-08-12 04:10 AM CT (US)     8 / 573  
Sure, why not?

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 10-08-12 12:02 PM CT (US)     9 / 573  
Bah, bloody day starts.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
posted 10-08-12 12:18 PM CT (US)     10 / 573  
Yep, hate 'em.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 10-08-12 12:21 PM CT (US)     11 / 573  
Oh no guys. Stop being so active, I can't keep up.

posted 10-08-12 12:30 PM CT (US)     12 / 573  
Day starts are a balanced breakfast of every town's dream beginning. They're good for your soul.

posted 10-08-12 12:36 PM CT (US)     13 / 573  
They dreaded the sun.
"How can we get anything done in this heat?"
They much preferred the cool nights where your work was illuminated by the moonlight. Unfortunately, so did he.

-Sodamister
posted 10-08-12 01:40 PM CT (US)     14 / 573  
Short of a mass claim, is there anything useful we can do with a day start? Any day actions out there? I guess asking for miller claims early is probably sensible...

posted 10-08-12 01:44 PM CT (US)     15 / 573  
I don't like day starts u_u.

WHYCANTYOUSE
posted 10-08-12 02:02 PM CT (US)     16 / 573  
I like day starts when I'm town. I'm not sure about the rest of you.

Y'know Slarti we can always lynch scum before a kill goes off, get an investigation target ready, and give the doctor the opportunity to find the cop. Oh, and we can rip apart the newbie because none of us will be able to get a read on them.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
posted 10-08-12 02:11 PM CT (US)     17 / 573  
There are only two significant differences between a day start and a night start:

1) We don't start out with a town death.
2) There's no chance, however slim, of a guilty investigation leading to a lynch.

While the second is a minor negative, the first is a major positive for us. Otherwise, we can proceed as normal. A few random pressure bandwagons, a few claims, and then we lynch the scummiest claim. With 12 players, I think 3 claims would be safe for Day 1. And since we've got a bandwagon already going, I'll

Vote: Slartibartfast

That puts him at 3/7 votes, by my count. We should try not to exceed 4/7 until he's claimed. If his claim is especially scummy, we can lynch, but otherwise, we'll move on, get a few more claims, and choose the scummiest therein, just like we would have if it were a night start.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 10-08-12 02:14 PM CT (US)     18 / 573  
SirFart does have a point, while day starts are good for us they generally lack any materials for discussions. Plake is in this game, we could always just speedlynch him for that speedy night start.

posted 10-08-12 02:32 PM CT (US)     19 / 573  
Sounds like you're backtracking Lordy.

Bake him away, toys.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
posted 10-08-12 02:56 PM CT (US)     20 / 573  
Why would you say such non sense?

posted 10-08-12 03:08 PM CT (US)     21 / 573  
i didn't really realize it until i saw that you wanted us to speedlynch plake but when i went back through your posts and saw that you posted a subliminal message in what i had thought was a joke about welcome to the jungle mafia

as you can see lordy has been very supcious. bare with my but i think lordy is trying to tell us he is the sk i thought a lot about this post and realized that the discrefancy between each line points to himself!

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
posted 10-08-12 03:09 PM CT (US)     22 / 573  
Lordy is right in one regard: Slart does have one good point. However, it isn't the point Lordy raised. Rather, while we're pursuing random claims, any and all Millers and Survivors should claim today. Everyone should, in bold, state whether or not they are a Miller/Survivor. This will save our cop(s) some time, since claimed Millers and Survivors will return guilty whether or not they are telling the truth.

I am neither a Miller nor a Survivor.

Any claim of Miller or Survivor after today will not be believed.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 10-08-12 04:40 PM CT (US)     23 / 573  
Not a miller or survivor.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 10-08-12 04:44 PM CT (US)     24 / 573  
Neither a miller nor a survivor.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
posted 10-08-12 05:17 PM CT (US)     25 / 573  
Oh look, NOW WE CAN TYPE THINGS!

I would like to hear out Soda's opinion.

posted 10-08-12 08:41 PM CT (US)     26 / 573  
I AM a survivor.

Rick: POS is literally the best poster.
Lunatic: POS, you are awesome, can I marry you?
posted 10-08-12 10:23 PM CT (US)     27 / 573  
Vote Count

Slartibartfast: 3 (Rot, Lordy, Mozzy)

-Sodamister
posted 10-09-12 00:59 AM CT (US)     28 / 573  
Did anyone else get an alignment without a role? I'm wondering if we even have power roles. Just a thought. Not a miller/survivor.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 10-09-12 02:01 AM CT (US)     29 / 573  
Ignore that. I realized about 8 players in that win conditions got separated from the rest of the role.

-Sodamister
posted 10-09-12 02:01 AM CT (US)     30 / 573  
Oh no, we're all vt's.
Mozzy's figured out the game.

But not really;role e-mails were sent independently from alignments/win conditions. 1-2 days earlier, if you can't find your role e-mail then you should have Soda re-send it to you.

posted 10-09-12 02:40 AM CT (US)     31 / 573  
plz resend

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 10-09-12 02:43 AM CT (US)     32 / 573  
It's been done

-Sodamister
posted 10-09-12 05:33 AM CT (US)     33 / 573  
Its been done.

I love how SirFart is ignoring all pressure.

I think we could do with a 4th vote.

posted 10-09-12 05:58 AM CT (US)     34 / 573  
SirFart
Who do you mean by this? I originally thought it was an affectionate nickname for SirDante but it makes more sense that you're talking to me

I don't really want to just bow down to the arbitrary pressure of "he's new, let's vote for him" but I totally see that we have the sum total of shag all to go on (except for a survivor claim, but we can't really do anything with that) so I guess I'll claim if that's what everyone wants.

posted 10-09-12 06:37 AM CT (US)     35 / 573  
Whoop, it started.
Not a miller or survivor.

Vote: Fart newb

That's 4/7. Gogogo.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 10-09-12 06:38 AM CT (US)     36 / 573  
Newbies tend to crack under pressure, unless they have someone like Herr writing their posts.

Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
posted 10-09-12 06:41 AM CT (US)     37 / 573  
"I was being stupid." - Herr

posted 10-09-12 06:54 AM CT (US)     38 / 573  
That's 4/7. Gogogo.
Newbies tend to crack under pressure, unless they have someone like Herr writing their posts.
It seems I can't win! If I crack I'm a newbie and if I don't you'll assume I'm under supervision!

OK fine: I'm a jailer, I can jail (protect and roleblock) one player each night. Can't self-jail. Can't recall my flavour name and I'm off out now but I'll update in a few hours if people want it.

posted 10-09-12 07:40 AM CT (US)     39 / 573  
Eh, seems legit. I don't think we will need the flavour name.

UnVote

posted 10-09-12 08:16 AM CT (US)     40 / 573  
Jailer seems legit.

I am quite busy these times, I'm following the games but may have little time to post.

On the upside, I got a 9,5/10 in science and an 8,9/10 in physics

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 10-09-12 09:12 AM CT (US)     41 / 573  
DAMN YOU STOP ACHEIVING MY GOALS.

posted 10-09-12 09:17 AM CT (US)     42 / 573  
Why'd you have both Science and Physics separately?

posted 10-09-12 09:27 AM CT (US)     43 / 573  
Beats me, I was talking about physics. I can only suppose he means Chem; the only true science.

posted 10-09-12 10:57 AM CT (US)     44 / 573  
Well, there goes our doc. UNVOTE

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 10-09-12 11:10 AM CT (US)     45 / 573  
Heh, we got separate science and physics cause you study different branches of science each year, at gymnasium. This year, it's chem.

Physics stays the same, just maybe other branches of physics.

Does anyone have dirt on anyone, or should I make another random vote? Random.org says 6. Vote: Newt

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 10-09-12 11:29 AM CT (US)     46 / 573  
This year, it's chem
Vote Lordy cuz 2 good mafia player

I like the number 6.

Vote: Newt

posted 10-09-12 12:41 PM CT (US)     47 / 573  
I can only suppose he means Chem; the only true science.
Lawl, thiz gai think hez smart.

Although, actually, Vote: Lordy

If he's going to be the heaviest poster, we might as well know more about him.

posted 10-09-12 12:46 PM CT (US)     48 / 573  
That's a stupid reason to vote someone. If he's going to be the heaviest poster we will know more about him.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
posted 10-09-12 01:17 PM CT (US)     49 / 573  
With Lordy? No we won't.

posted 10-09-12 01:45 PM CT (US)     50 / 573  
Vote Count:

Slartibartfast: 2 (Rot, Ser)
Newt: 1 (Lordy)
Lordy:1 (Herr)

With 12 alive, it is 7 to lynch.

-Sodamister
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Serial Mafia Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames