Please login or register

General Discussion
Moderated by Aurilux

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Question about Cheat Hotkeys
posted 05-31-06 07:05 PM EDT (US)   
Long story short, I finished the first campaign and then pretty much shelved the game. It's just no fun for me. I know others love the game, and that's fine. I personally just don't like the all or nothing AI rush: on moderate/tough it's just a constant "who can build units the fastest" slug fest, and on easy, well, the AI just sits dormant and offers no challenge whatsoever.

Okay, anyway, before I uninstall the game, I want to finish the other two campaigns, but I want to cheat doing it in the hopes of adding a little bit of fun to the mix.

What are the exact steps needed to enable the cheat keys? (I'm talking about the built-in cheat hotkeys.)

ChaosMaster130 posted that one needs to type in "/cheat keys on" (see this thread), but that doesn't seem to work right away.

I am able to get them to work eventually, but I seem to have to spam "/cheat keys on" and Ctrl-F12 (or whatever it is for "Human Player cheat all") numerous times to get the cheat keys to work.

Surely by now someone has figured out the proper procedure, and if so, please share. Thanks!

Replies:
posted 06-01-06 06:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
I noticed they don't all work, the reveal map works, damage works and heals works.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )This is bunny. Copy bunny into your siginature to help him on his way to world domination!
_.+._
(^\/^\/^)
\@*@*@/
{_____}
posted 06-01-06 09:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
You have the use the /cheat keys on code first.and it should work right away, It did for me.

My Elder Glass Dragon+Glass fury+Your army=YOU PWNZRD!1!!1

[This message has been edited by ChaosMaster130 (edited 06-01-2006 @ 09:38 AM).]

posted 06-01-06 06:35 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3  

Quote:

You have the use the /cheat keys on code first.and it should work right away, It did for me.

<sigh> I wish people would actually read the post instead of just replying to the thread title.

As I stated, for me, that has never worked right away. Yes, eventually, I can get the cheat keys to work, but only after spamming your "/cheat keys on" anywhere from 5 to 15 times, and retyping that 15 times gets a little annoying.

If it truly works for you "every time," what are the exact conditions when you enter that? Is your game paused or unpaused? Do you have a unit selected or no unit selected? Do you have to also enable the "Human All Cheat" (Alt-F12)? Etc., etc.

Obviously, there's something I am doing that's preventing the game from enabling the cheats right away, and I am trying to figure out what that is.

[This message has been edited by Hardwired (edited 06-01-2006 @ 06:35 PM).]

Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » Question about Cheat Hotkeys
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames