General Discussion
Moderated by Aurilux

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: ROL Expansion Released!
posted 11-23-10 09:09 PM EDT (US)   
Hello all,

This seems to be the only place on this board with any activity anymore so I figure this is the best place to announce this. I think it's obvious there's never going to be an official expansion for Rise of Legends fans so I decided to go ahead and do it myself. I don't want to give everything away but just quickly I fixed several bugs like the Alim and Cuotl campaigns not awarding research/army points, added new heroes: Petruzzo for Vinci and Ix for Cuotl, these poor guys got killed off before they got to show their stuff, now they are available for play with all their spells and they level up (Note: I still dsabled them in CTW to keep with the story) You no longer have to pick between the 3 vinci tech prototypes factory, just researching 1 will research all 3 in that teir - plus all those special units like Clkwork Snipers are available for building (after their tier is researched), Cuotl Mines will now both give the same bonus so you don't have to choose between energy and timonium, there are a ton of new units/buildings/techs/spells, FAR to many to mention, also I modded the script files to create and use all the new spells, buildings, etc, lot's of new stuff in both Quick Battle and the CTW campaign, also updated the AI all around to be a little "smarter". So to any of you who were turned off by ROL because of the bug's and what not, hopefully this will be something you will Enjoy. Have fun!!

Otter

http://rol.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=111

[This message has been edited by motter28218 (edited 12-14-2010 @ 08:41 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-24-10 10:39 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
Thanks to all who downloaded, please feel free to post any suggestions you may have on what could be improved or if you find any bugs or if you have any questions on modding/scripting ROL. Hope you all enjoy the mod!

Otter

[This message has been edited by motter28218 (edited 11-25-2010 @ 12:19 PM).]

posted 11-24-10 11:21 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
Sounds interesting, might try it some time when I get tired of playing the AMK Stalker mod.

*downloads*

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 11-25-10 12:20 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
Thaks PC, hope you do give it a try, you seem to be the "main man" on this board anymore so any feedback/suggestions from you would be appreciated.

Otter
posted 11-29-10 11:13 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
Thanks for doing this! I've always thought this game could be modded to require a little more strategy, but then again, I've never delved into it too much. Recently picked up my Cuotl playing (Alin main), so I've been trying to learn some of their strategies.

I know you said that there are far too many new techs/units/and such to mention them all, but could you mention a few? Not value changes but core differences.

Shikata Ga Nai
posted 11-30-10 09:50 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8  
No problem, to be honest tho, I don't even remember everything I changed cuz I did so much, but aside from the things I listed above:

Most neutral unit's are now enabled at neutral sites, like Dune Walker's, Scorpions, Manta's are at the Oasis,

Trading Post's will train Magus units and I fixed them so their different form's work properly.

Salamander nest's will now spawn all three Salamander's instead of just the current upgrade plus the Salamander Queen and her spell's are enabled

The Fire Citadel will spawn unused neutral fire units: Lava Spider's, Molten Afreet's, Lava Shriek's, and Fire Golem's

All Fallen unit's are now enabled at the Fallen refuge.

As for all around gameplay, I modded each of the nation's to create and use the new unit's plus unit's they weren't using before for example the Cuotl weren't even creating Death Sphere's one of their best unit's

In the CTW Scenario's for the Vinci I gave them 2 new research lab buildings since the Doge Statue and Cannonbuilding are disabled, these are the Miana Palace and Imperial Observatory, both have powerful spells and the observatory can train the Vinci Scientist a heck of a unit.

Enabled Prototype Tanks, a Tank unit that wasn't being used.

I enabled Lenora's "hero pet", it was in the script but disabled, now she will arrive with free flyer's per level.

In the Alin Campaign I created the Acerbus Mystic, the guy who was impersonated by Marwan, he is a powerful unit with very strong spells.

Enabled Pulitore's "hero pet" the Chicken Rider's.

Changed the graphic for Andromolek spire so it look's different than the normal glass spire.

Cuotl Campaign you can now create Hybrid Clockwork Men at the Fane

I modded the final Battle to be a little more "epic"

Other main game changes

Alin and Cuotl now get more research points for building their districts plus Palace districts now award the proper research point bonus (it was disabled for some reason)

Lot's of spell bug's were fixed, like Dakhla casting his Desert Walk even when no one was around

All 3 nation's AI's were modded to create unit's and research tech's more efficently, still the AI isn't a genius but it will be tougher than before.

Almost all spells that summon units the summoned unit will last longer now so you can actually get some use out of them before they die.

Most of the CTW nation's were modded and can be added and used on regular play maps, notice I said most, some of them I didn't bother with.

There is still alot of stuff, I just can't remember it all, I am actually now working on a new mod to add new nation's and to enable all CTW heroes/unit's for regular play so it's hard to remember what all was in the current mod and what I've now changed. Hope this help's and thanks for playing.

Otter

[This message has been edited by motter28218 (edited 11-30-2010 @ 09:51 AM).]

posted 12-04-10 05:28 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
The mod is now available in our downloads section :

Otter's Expansion

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
posted 12-04-10 07:42 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
Thanks for the help PC!!!

Otter
posted 12-05-10 04:56 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
No problem, that's what I'm here for

Rise of Legends Heaven » Forums » General Discussion » ROL Expansion Released!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Legends Heaven | HeavenGames