Game Modifications

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A Wrong Turn is back...
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
posted 11-17-11 09:12 AM EDT (US)   
… and it feels better than ever !

After six long months of silence, the Modderf*ckers Team is back on the tracks, and our mod project A Wrong Turn is close to completion ! For the last few weeks, we have been reworking everything, and the mod has gained in ambition and awesomeness, to become one of the deepest modifications ever to Rise of Nations – Thrones and Patriots.

So, for those of you who missed the first season, what is A Wrong Turn ? Long story short, it is an alternate history mod, introducing eight warring civilizations, each of them based on a strong archetype, from the communist Russian to the Arab religious extremist, the Nazi German or the American imperialist, fighting endlessly in a collapsing world, sometime in the 1980's.

Here is the link to the original A Wrong Turn topic

Main features :

- An intricate and immersive alternate history background.
- Eight playable civilizations, each having its own eight unique units :
-The Worker's Republic of Vidalia
-The Great Reich of Salviatia
-The Atlantic Federation
-The New Golden Horde
-The Celestial Empire of the Eternal Rising Sun
-The Caliphate of Jihadia
-The Bolivarian Republic
-The Transsahelian United Kingdom
- More than four hundred new skins and buildings ! Every civilization has been given its own architectural set and unit set, no shared skins or units whatsoever.

- More than five hundred new sounds ! Almost every unit is voice-acted and speaks in its native language. New guns, artillery and ambient sounds give to every battle an intense cinema-like feeling : tank formation clash, jet fighters dogfight, giant battleships unleash hell, ground attack planes dive from the skies, and rocket artillery shrieks above endless waves of infantry.

- Over twenty new 3D models, so that not a single tank or plane will be used by more than one civilization.

- A new wonder system : every civilization enjoys its own 17 unique wonders, for a grand total of 136, mixing actual real-world ones, such as the World Trade Center, the Cristo Redentor, the Pentagon, or the Dome of the Rock and imaginary ones, such as the Black Obelisk of Kronstadt, the World Dragon, or the infamous Castle Wolfenstein.

- A new unit type in the airport, the Ground Attack Plane, fulfilling the role of a tactical bomber.

- A new interface, with a more modern look.

- A new soundtrack, more fit to the A Wrong Turn universe.

FAQ :

When was this project started ?
The concept for A Wrong Turn is now more than three years old, although its actual development as a mod for Rise of Nations began about a year and a half ago.

Why such a break in the last six months ?
There are actually a lot of reasons : exams, team separating for the summer holidays, creating a virtual aerobatics crew on Il-2 Sturmovik, going outside and talking to people, getting fed up with skinning buildings.

Why do you come back now ?
We came across some old emails from VelvetClaw and it made us feel guilty. Plus, it's boring in Russia.

So, if this is a modern combat mod, how is it different from Uthum's World in Conflict ?
Unlike WiC, AWT does not alter deeply the original Rise of Nations gameplay. We added a few units, removed some others, banned the four future technologies since we find them to be balance-breaking and raised the pop limit to 500, but other than that, our motto is : why change the already great ?

So are you saying it's better than World in Conflict ?
No ! It aims at a different goal : WiC transforms the Rise of Nations experience, AWT deepens it. Actually, the two mods are complementary, and you should install and play them both. We do.

Will A Wrong Turn alter my original Rise of Nations installation ?
Yes. Once A Wrong Turn will be installed, you will not be able to play the original Rise of Nations anymore. Hence, we recommend that you perform a copy the entire game folder before installing AWT.

When will A Wrong Turn be released ?
We became cautious about deadlines, but we hope to be ready for a 1.0 release by the winter holidays.

What is the meaning of life ?

[This message has been edited by ColonelMolotov (edited 11-17-2011 @ 09:43 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-17-11 09:46 AM EDT (US)     1 / 177  
Wow, would really like to see some screenshots of your new models and units.
posted 11-17-11 11:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 177  
YAY! I was really hoping this mod wasn't dead!

I really can't wait for this to come out. And just a question - will minor factions, like the ones Velvetclaw came up with, appear? If so, have you considered a modern Roman Empire like civilization? That would be pretty cool for an alternate history mod.

~ Creator of Kings and Conquerors, a total conversion mod for Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots ~
posted 11-18-11 10:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 177  
I think I know what I'm going to spend my holidays doing now.
posted 11-19-11 10:01 AM EDT (US)     4 / 177  
Thank god, AWT returns. You guys have a lot to be mad at me for incessant posting and questioning wthout previous-post-checking.

yet a senior physics student does what after the projects and labs are over for sometime.

If demanded, I can help you guys. And I'd like to share my few idea-lings for incoming project.

Scanner and paint has set sail to the oblivion, and I used "http://www.onemotion.com/flash/sketch-paint", a ridiculous paint site.

A technical is a classic in MidEast Factions, and I dunno whether you have any prospective plans for introducing light or medium vehicle to Jihadia except MB tank. An MG turrent or browning for instance is set on board. Maybe a mobile sam installation.

DOn't tell me vtol tech is some sort of modern tech. And AF could palpablely use it. Yet just to notify, it is an idea. and again sub-notification; I know how hard to mod that kind of things.

If the post is not appropriate for "hi we have returned from Necropolis to active duty" thread. Then please show some common courtesy and tell me to post it somewhere else
posted 11-19-11 01:08 PM EDT (US)     5 / 177  
This is indeed the perfect place to discuss our mod. Where else ?

Anyway, I think we are done with units right now, we'll start showing screenshots from now on, to present our new models. We will also post a summary of every civ, introducing its unique units, and special models.
The first description is to be expected soon, in the meantime, here is to help you wait :

Some Vidalian units : Akula-class Submarine, Kronshtadt-class Atomic Battleship and standard Jet Fighter-Bomber, with its new unique model.

See you soon with more information and pictures !
posted 11-19-11 03:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 177  
Those units look boss.
posted 11-19-11 03:11 PM EDT (US)     7 / 177  
Very good, nice units. Is that ship model a new one?

~ Creator of Kings and Conquerors, a total conversion mod for Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots ~
posted 11-19-11 11:36 PM EDT (US)     8 / 177  
ColonelMolotov wow mod models are amazing!
the story of your mod turns Desene a great way I'll wait to download it!

I also am on a project for the rise of nations is based primarily on modern warfare and nations are all but independent nations I love the idea of the united nations or blocks between different areas of the world. In my mod just have a block that can compare to your idea and African countries are based on African nations such as South Africa joined the Congo, Somalia, Ethiopia and Algeria. I hope that when my mod can compare up to "World In Conflict" of Uthum or your "A Wrong Turn" mod that these two are excellent, great and grand and do not think you get as popular as these Mods so good.
I hope you continue that mod is great!
posted 11-21-11 04:18 PM EDT (US)     9 / 177  
Hello folks !

As promised, tonight, the first set of Unique Units will be unveiled, starting with The Workers Republic of Vidalia :

- Atomic Battleship :
The Kronstast-class Atomic Battleship is nothing less than the world's most powerful surface ship. A giant of steel, equipped of state-of-the-art electronics and the brand-new "Buran" missile system, the Atomic Battleship pulverises the enemies of the working class all around the oceans of the world !

- Akula-class submarine :
While on the surface, the world trembles at the sound of our rockets, deep under the seas, it trembles at the sound of our silence. A furtive, deadly predator, the Akula-class is to the submarine what the Worker's republic of Vidalia is to the world : the largest, most modern, and most powerful ever seen.

- Naval Infantry :
The Red Fleet's elite marine corp, Naval Infantrymen have become the main infantry force of the Worker's Armed Forces. Well trained, well-armed, and highly politically aware, the have sworn to die rather than retreat, and their many outstanding feats, as well as their distinctive black uniform have earned them the nickname "The black devils".

- Vidal's Organ :
"Artillery is the god of war", says a vidalian proverb. Ever since the glorious days of the BM-13, Vidalian artillerymen have had the edge over their opponents, and the BM-30 carries on with this noble tradition. Very cost-efficient, it is called "Vidal's Organ" by its enemies because of the terrifying sound of its rockets.

Model from Uthum's World in Conflict

- LV-43 :
The LV-43 (Leader Vidal, 43rd serie) is the workhorse of the Worker's Armed Forces. Although somehow weaker than most of its counterparts, it is easy to build and to maintain. With over 5000 coming out of factories every month, it is the pride of the Vidalian war industry !

- I-57 fighter : "The flying anvil", "The guaranteed coffin", "The brick"... the I-57 "Uragan-UD" has earned many nicknames, not a single one being elogious. In over twenty years of service, the only quality it has ever demonstrated is its low cost. It is slow, unmanoeuvrable, its engine is unreliable, its missiles tend to lock on their thrower, its canons to jam, its pilots are lousy and its chief engineer has been shot. It is, in one word, the worst fighter aircraft in the world, responsible all by himself for the People's Air Defense terrible reputation.

-V-68 gunship : Many years of fighting mujahideens in the Caucasus' mountains have transformed the Vidalian helicopter engineering. Meant to hunt partisans and resist ambushes, the V-68 "Alligator" is of sturdy construction, and its original twin-rotor design eliminates the tail rotor weakness. Additionnaly, rather than anti-tank missiles, it carries cluster rockets designed to rip to shreds reactionaries hiding in cover.

- "Zvezdochka" AA battery" : The People's Air Defense is lousy, this is a fact, and land assault broken by enemy ground attack planes are countless. Tired of seeing waves of tanks helplessly destroyed from the air, Vidalian engineers have designed the SPVO-64 "Zvezdochka" system, a pair of radar-guided autocanons operating in large numbers, the saturate the skies above tanks with shrapnel, weaving an unpenetrable net over the Worker's Armed Forces.

[This message has been edited by ColonelMolotov (edited 12-22-2011 @ 07:20 PM).]

posted 11-26-11 05:20 AM EDT (US)     10 / 177  
These are truly awesome. I really cannot wait to play this mod after getting to know the story around the 'Wrong Turn' as well as the units that will be appearing. Great work!

posted 11-26-11 05:16 PM EDT (US)     11 / 177  
Any news for the other factions? I can't wait to see the Atlantic Federation's units!
posted 11-28-11 06:52 AM EDT (US)     12 / 177  
Unfortunately, the Atlantic Federation is not quite ready yet, we are struggling with one very last ship model, but we hope to be done with it by this evening, and you boys can enjoy the might of America's best soon enough. In the meantime, behold, the Great Reich of Salviatia !

- Horten Ho-XXV transcontinental bomber :

A crazy prototype from the famous Horten brothers, originally designed to bomb America, then put into full-scale service by will of the Great Supreme Salviat, the Ho-XXV is enduring and devastating, but is also slow, expensive, and difficult to build. Its distinctive triangle shape casts terrors in the hearts of every city-dweller in the world.

- Kaiserstiger :

Krupp steel, Herrstahl armored plating, Hecksman-Wanger electric turret, Porsche engine, 105mm 'Teufel' gun, depleted uranium shells... the Kaiserstiger is a fearful panzer, crushing its enemies like if they were rubber !

- Salvjugend :

Salvjugend are young fanatics, ready to die for the Vaterland and the Great Supreme Salviat. They make up with sheer numbers for their poor training and the short range of their panzerfaust.

- Me-462 "Sperling"

With its powerful BMW-009 engines and the new "Walküre-III" weapon system, Messerschmitt 462 shine by their speed and firepower, and of course, the amazing skill of the Luftwaffe's pilots, the best in the world. Mass-produced, and omnipresent in Salviatian skies, they have earned the nickname "Sperling" (Sparrow).

- SS-Truppen

Their very long training, powerful weaponry, racial purity, and most of all, their fanaticism, make the SalvStaffeln remarquable soldiers. They will fight to the last drop of blood for the Vaterland.

- ArG 655F "Stürmer"

The Arado-Gotha 655F "Stürmer" is the Luftwaffe's main ground attack plane. Originally designed to stop the waves of Vidalian tanks, it is ideal to strike down armour of all the inferior races stupid enough to stand against Salviatia.

- Übersoldat :

A controversial and difficult project, the Übersoldat finally entered service and became Oberführer Wilhelm "Deathshead" Strasse's pride, despite the failed attempt of the Federal agent Blaskowicz to destroy its secret laboratory. Now, the enemies of the Reich can only see the superiority of the machine over flesh and blood.

- Type XLV U-Boot :

Sinking the merchant ships of the filthy Federal imperialist jews or the yellow monkeys have become a priority for the Reich, hence the development of this outstanding submarine, capable of holding its ground against any adversary. One of the greatest achievments of Salviatian engineering, the L6 'Piranha' autonomous torpedo can be fired from very long ranges, and delights the U-Boot captains, whose scoreboard often numbers dozens of sunken ships.

posted 11-28-11 08:26 PM EDT (US)     13 / 177  
Thanks for uploading, mon colonel ! I will be updating the archive files for Salviatia and Vidalia with this new material.

Hmmmm.... "imperialist Jews in the Federation?" I remember writing Salviatia as being supportive of Jews. I am guessing that Oppenheimer must've done quite a number on his defection from Salviatia :P

[img]http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/interbellum/images/6/60/AXP_banner.png/revision/latest?cb=20150328191407[/img] [img]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ronriseofkings/images/d/d6/Rkc_banner.png[/img] [img]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/kingsandconquerors/images/0/09/KChe_Banner_roma.png[/img]

[This message has been edited by VelvetClaw (edited 11-28-2011 @ 08:45 PM).]

posted 12-03-11 06:10 PM EDT (US)     14 / 177  
Actually, Salviatia isn't likely to be supportive of anyone but tall blond caucasian people, and still then, there is always a weak and a degenerate to track down and eliminate, so that the race remains pure and unsoiled. Anyway, at the crowd's request, buckle up, for here come the mighty armies of Atlantic Federation :

- B-52 Strategic Bomber :
Over the years, the Boeing® B-52 has become the mainstay of the Strategic Air Command. Tough, versatile and long-ranged, it brings undiscriminate democracy in the entire world ; and if the pilot's good, see, if he's really... sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low there's jet exhaust, flyin' chickens in the barnyard!

- MacCarthy-class Destroyer :
Water is the source of all life. Seven tenths of this earth's surface is water. This is why it is so important that the Atlantic Federation dominates the seas and ocean of the world ; and this is where the MacCarthy comes in. Strong, fast, and still cheap and quickly produced, it uses the latest achievements in composite materials technologies to get limited furtivity when idle.

- F-15 Jet fighter :
The MacDonnel-Douglas® F-15 "Eagle" is the fighter that offers the best quality over price ratio in the world. With an reliable Carnegie® armour and a manufactoring process sponsorised by Nike®, it grants the Federal Air Force the advantage of both quality and quantity.

- Humvee :
A quick, versatile armored cavalry designed specifically by Federal Motors® and BAE Systems® for the Federal Army, the Humvee is fast and hard-hitting, and bought in large numbers thanks to pension funds investments.

- Mobile Infantry :
Mobile Infantry is well-protected, for the Federal Council does its best to have all the boys making it back home alive. With their kevlar vests sponsored by KFC® in a touching demonstration of patriotism and its ability to entrench automatically after being idle for a short time, the Mobile Infantry can take on everything the enemies of the Federation will throw at them's. Service guarantees citizenship !

- M1 Abrams :
Well-armored and affordable, the M1 Abrams is the spearhead of the Federation's armored forces. Demonstrating amazing adaptability, it is a common sight on the battlefields of the entire world, and is proudly supported by the XXth Century Fox® Corporation !

- Nuclear aircraft carrier :
Having a manifest destiny to spread christian faith, capitalism and democracy in the world, the Federation needs a good power projection. Hence, the Federal Navy has been equipped with nuclear-propelled aircraft carriers, economic and easy to build. Additionnaly, for every carrier bought, her commander gets a free Ford Mustang®.

- Task Force Delta :
The heroes of countless action movies, the men of Task Force Delta stand vigilant to protect the Federation from the evil schemes of godless Vidalian communist or bearded Jihadian terrorists and God willing, they will prevail in peace and freedom from fear and in true health through the purity and essence of their natural fluids. Also, you can buy their action figures from Hasbro® !

So this is it for now, boys. Next highlight will most likely take us down the jungles of Amazonia. See you soon !

[This message has been edited by ColonelMolotov (edited 12-04-2011 @ 06:18 PM).]

posted 12-03-11 06:56 PM EDT (US)     15 / 177  
Great preview, and I like all the corporatism of the army. It seems the M1 Abrams is supported by McDonalds too!

posted 12-04-11 06:08 PM EDT (US)     16 / 177  
Hi everyone ! The Bolivarians were actually almost ready, and it only took us a day of working to put them into presenting shape :

- Ametralladores :
Emboscada ! The Bolivarian guerrilleros have become masters in the art of camouflage, and can hide their machine guns perfectly to catch the enemy infantry in deadly ambushes.

- Caiman tank :
Battling in the jungle deeply impacted the combat doctrine of the Fuerzas Armadas Bolivarianas. In this dense environment, the long-range firepower of the tank is useless ; whereas on the other hand, the flamethrower is a precious weapon, whose bearer is very vulnerable. From this two facts was born the TP-27 "Caiman" flamethrower tank, trading its main gun's anti-tank power for the anti-infantry and anti-fortification power of a heavy flamethrower. Although less enduring than other tanks, it is a dreadful weapon, the pride of the Bolivarian Republic !

- Fénix AT Missile :
To compensate its relative weakness against enemy armour, the Bolivarians have developed this powerful personal anti-tank wire-guided missile. Camouflaged on the battlefield and striking from afar, its HEAT warhead rarely gives a chance to enemy tanks it targets.

- Guardia Nacional :
The main infantry of the Fuerzas Armadas. Furtive when idle, and devastating at short range, these battle-hardened guerrilleros are the best soldiers in the world !

- Incendiaros :
Fearsome at close range, the flamethrower is the favorite weapon of the Bolivarians. The specialised "Incendiaros" corp favoring speed over protection, it has the reputation of being as dangerous for its members as it is for the enemy.
Like all other Bolivarian infantry, the Incendiaro is cloaked when not moving.

- Libertador :
Designed for flying patrol missions above the huge and hostile amazonian forest, the Libertador fighter jet enjoys a very long range and a good armor, at the cost of a reduced weapon payload.

- Loro :
The HR-15 "Loro" (Parrot) is specialised in pathfinding and reco missions : fast and agile, its "bubble" canopy gives it a very good line of sight. On the other side, his combat capabilities are limited, but it remains a decent tank hunter.

- Hardened Veteran :
Jungle warfare is without doubt the most dangerous form of combat ever, and even amongst the Bolivarian those who wage it never survive for too long. Sometimes, however, exceptional individuals manage not only to survive but even to prosper in this green hell, and make it their hunting ground. They are born hunters, formidable warriors worth an entire army by themselves. Amongst other famous Hardened Veterans, you can quote Rambo and Machete.
In addition to their outstanding battle skills, Hardened Veterans are always furtive, and can plant bombs on buildings.

That's it for the Bolivarians. So, no new models tonight, but don't worry, we'll have plenty of others to introduce in the upcoming previews. Actually, we keep adding new ones everyday : we are done with planes, tanks, and armored cavalry, and are now moving on to ships, after what we'll be done for good with units !
So far, 40 new models, and growing. Once we are done presenting the unique units, you will see a lot of them when we'll introduce the new Ground Attack Plane.

Until then, cheerio !
posted 12-04-11 10:04 PM EDT (US)     17 / 177  
It would be interesting to see the Horde buildings and units. Of all factions, they're pretty much my fave because from the spoilers I saw, they have cavalry...
and also that I worked on that faction a little myself

Also, Col Molotov your team made a mistake with the Caíman. The right word for tank in Spanish is "tanque", not "tanca". Might wanna just look into that...or we could explain it simply by the fact that ever since tanks came out, the Spanish have used a different spelling ... :P

Can I contact you via email regarding something? currently, zoomshare shut down their free email services, so my email is now at nitrous.o2@libero.it.

[img]http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/interbellum/images/6/60/AXP_banner.png/revision/latest?cb=20150328191407[/img] [img]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ronriseofkings/images/d/d6/Rkc_banner.png[/img] [img]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/kingsandconquerors/images/0/09/KChe_Banner_roma.png[/img]

[This message has been edited by VelvetClaw (edited 12-04-2011 @ 10:05 PM).]

posted 12-05-11 00:25 AM EDT (US)     18 / 177  
Once again, brilliant! What nation are you showing us next?

posted 12-10-11 04:03 PM EDT (US)     19 / 177  
Hello boys and girls, and thank you for following us. Tonight, our National Geographic Special takes us into the wilderness of Africa, home of the mighty Transsahelian United Kingdom !

- Swala IFV :
Safely carrying infantry around the open spaces of the African savannah from one front to another is a top priority for the besieged Transsahelian Kingdom ; hence the development of this fast and resilient IFV, well-adapted to the various battlefields of Africa.

- Child-soldiers :
To fulfil their becoming adults, Transsahelian children must go fight for a year with their elders. Those who survive are recognized as members of the Great Unified Transsahelian Tribe, and loyal subjects of the King of Kings of Africa. Weak and affordable, they are little more than cannon fodder.

- Royal Guard :
The King of Kings' body guard. Their colourful uniform can deceive the enemy about their skill, but they are fearsome marksmen : with their long precision rifle, every one of them is capable of hitting the eye of a rhinoceros at two hundred yards !

- Foreign Mercenaries :
The Transsahelian Kingdom badly lacks well-trained professional soldiers, and is often forced to use the help of foreign mercenaries. Renegades from every country in the world, adventurers looking for wealth and glory in Africa, running away outlaws or idealists, failed revolutionaries... hardened by years of war and wandering, they are a strong, experienced infantry. Since they do not need training, their recruitment is very fast, but costs lots of gold.

- Mwuaji :
“The beast of the night”, “the black death”, “the stalker”, “the nightmare”... there are as many nicknames for the mwuajis that there are colonists in Africa. At dusk, they go on the hunt, lurk in the shadow and slay all those fool enough to wander away from the light. It is said that they are inhabited by the spirit of the ancestors, that have returned to take revenge for the foreign occupation of Africa.

- Nyuki :
Having often a hard time achieving air superiority, the Transsahelians have developed this exceptional attack plane, flying very low to engage ground targets, then coming back to base at full speed before enemy fighters can intercept him.

- Bedouin raiders :
Berber mercenaries fighting for the Transsahelian Kingdom. Fast and accurate, they are equally efficient in all types of terrain.

- Simba ambush tank :
The Simba is an unusual battle tank. Designed for fighting in the savannah, it trades its tracks for all-terrain wheels allowing him a much better top speed. Fast, long-ranged and perfectly camouflaged, it is, however, relatively fragile.

Next time, at VelvetClaw's request, we will travel to the frozen steppes of Siberia, home of the fearsome warrios of the New Golden Horde.

In other news, we are having a few issues with ship models, but things will certainly work out in the coming days. We could use a couple more, though, so if anyone has a modern cruiser to share, his help would be greatly appreciated.
Voicing is making huge progresses, mute units will soon be more of an exception than a rule.

@VelvetClaw : the inscription on the tank reads : "Arriba Tapioca !", not "tanca" ;-), and yes, feel free to email me anytime, my adress hasn't changed.

[This message has been edited by ColonelMolotov (edited 12-10-2011 @ 04:05 PM).]

posted 12-13-11 09:57 PM EDT (US)     20 / 177  
ColonelMolotov Hello I would like to know when you could download the mod. Why is Great!!

[This message has been edited by fps_css (edited 12-13-2011 @ 09:58 PM).]

posted 12-14-11 08:23 PM EDT (US)     21 / 177  
Just a crazy idea: would you use the anthems of the nations as the gameplay music? I initially didn't like it, but now I think it's awesome, especially the Atlantic Federation and Djihadia anthems.
posted 12-16-11 08:42 AM EDT (US)     22 / 177  
Time for a new presentation ! Today's nation is certainly our most original, not being inspired by any modern type of country. Meet the New Golden Horde !

Alman :
In order to plan its lightning raids, the Horde uses huge airships, easier to build, maintain and store than conventional reconnaissance planes. Although slow and vulnerable, they are perfect to spot the enemy troops, that have nicknamed them “The Evil Eye”.

Araaman :
Whenever their enemy makes a massive use of tanks, the Horde's light units often have a hard time holding their ground, and this is where the Araaman comes in : fast, powerful, and making up with numbers for its poor survivability, it is the bane of enemy armour.

Chotgor :
Feared by all tank crews, the Chotgor armoured car is the Horde's basic tank hunter. Fast and hard-hitting, they operate in pairs, surround the enemy tanks and deliver powerful blows at their exposed rear armour.

Keshiks :
Fighting on foot is a terrible dishonour for a Mongol, and goes against the entire military doctrine of the Horde. The bulk of its armies is hence formed by Keshiks, skilful riders armed with scavenged assault rifles. They are faster and more powerful than basic infantry, but relatively short-ranged.

Khan Baar :
Much to the surprise of its opponents, used to face only light armour, the Horde has recently started fielding remarkable, although somehow outdated heavy tanks. There are many hypothesises about where the Khan Baar (“King Tiger”) comes from, the most popular asserts that the Horde is secretly equipped by Salviatia. The Salviatische Werhmacht official rigorously deny.

Marzan :
The mongol raiders always try to avoid attacking fortified positions. When forced to do so, they like to set up flamethrowers on light vehicules, so that they enjoy siege weapons that can keep up with the rest of the Horde.

Mogoï :
A heavy machine gun mounted on a fast half-track, providing the Horde's assaults with anti-personnel covering fire.

Shurga :
The Horde relies on speed and numbers rather than quality, and the Shurga armoured car reflects that choice : unsophisticated, fast and easy to build, it is perfect for quick raids and surrounding enemy infantry.

In other news :
We figured out the ship issue and are making progress again. Now we've only got about four left to model and skin, and we'll be done for good with units. We have also started redesigning the game and the main menu interface.

Regarding music, the thing is, when music plays ingame, it restarts everytime you hit "pause", so it makes using national anthems unsufferable. Actually, we disabled in-game music, so the new soundtrack is intented for the menus, not as an in-game music : it is far too invasive not to disturb the gaming ; although should people ask, we would go looking for "quieter" pieces that could fit in-game.

Regarding the release date : we don't know yet, but since we are basically done with skin, models and sounds, hopefully by january for the 1.0, but this is definitely not an official deadline, we still have a lot left on our plate with the interface and intro movie.

Next update will introduce the proud samurais of the Celestial Empire of the Eternal Rising Sun !

[This message has been edited by ColonelMolotov (edited 12-21-2011 @ 03:54 PM).]

posted 12-19-11 01:01 AM EDT (US)     23 / 177  
Well done, Col Molotov!

That part with the Horde fielding tanks is quite interesting. But with all the units in place I reckon I can start crafting the tech tree for the rebel factions now. We've covered so far...

- ... your 8 powers
- ... the smaller nations of the Eastern Australia Community (ruled by the ESL), South Africa (Salviatist influence), Angola (Vidalist influence), Morocco (under Salviatist influence and hates Djihadia), Malayan sultanates (under Imperial influence and hates Djihadia), India (the same), Tibet (aligned mostly to the Horde), and the various African mini-caliphates (can't make up their mind; that makes 8 factions I think)
- .. and the 5 rebel factions.

That leaves 3 more slots, however...perhaps...
- Caucasian Vidalist Republic: little more than a joke, because this area is in the midst of a raging civil war abetted by both the ROV and the Djihadian Caliphate, covering basically the entire Caucasus and Northern Iran.
- Free State of Eire: for reasons of sentiment and membership, Eire managed to obtain independence during the Second American Civil War from the Federal Alliance, and has maintained itself independent with the grudging respect of both the Atlantic Federation and the equally unpleasant Reich during a time when it was nearly bombed to submission by Vidalist forces. Naturally, Ireland is nominally aligned to the Federation, but times might be changing now...
- Southern Confederacy: down but not out, the Southern Confederacy consisted of the more extreme elements of American society in the 1940s, before being occupied but not dismantled by the Bolivarians, and then being retaken by the Federation with some Salviatist assistance. It is said that although they remain subjugated by the Atlantic Federation, they will remain sided with their occupiers until the right people come over to "liberate" them...

posted 12-19-11 05:28 PM EDT (US)     24 / 177  
Yes, The Horde's land forces consist exclusively of light armour and cavalery, no slow infantry whatsoever. And speaking of asian guys, we are almost done with introducing every civ, and tonight, meet the Empire of the Rising Sun !

- Akuma stealth bomber :
The G8M5 "Akuma" is the main bomber of the Empire. Extremely fast and powerful, it enjoys the very last technological breakthroughs of the Rising Sun's scientists : laser-guided bombs and most of all, on-board rader jammers making it the first and only stealth bomber in the world, able to completely escape SAM systems. However, the Akuma is very fragile and extremely costly, and should avoid encounters with enemy interceptors.

- Dragon tank :
The Dragon Super-Heavy tank is both a fearful warmachine, capable of pulverising a dozen conventional tanks and a mobile command post, from whom the Samurai can control their armies of inferior asian recruits.

- Utsubo :
The Utsubo pocket submarine is feared and hated by all the sailors in the world. Its ability to be where he is not expected, to strike hard and run away fast is most frustrating for enemy officers. Equipped with both silent and economic engines, it is also completely crewless, and entirely remote-controlled. The Utsubo is hence a revolutionary war machine, that fully deserves its role in the mighty Imperial Navy ! Its only setback lies in his limited artificial intelligence : when on its own, it is mostly disoriented and useless, and needs support from another unit, or a Space Program, to acquire and engage enemy targets.

- Hinode-class Command Ship :
The highly modern Imperial Navy does not care for big, cumbersome battleships, that only impede naval warfare. Hence, the Hinode is more suited for commanding than for fighting. Its main role is to guide and control the Utsubo submarines, providing them with its huge line of sight and detection radius. It is, however, not to be taken easily in combat : thanks to its reactive armour and very long range, it can still defeat any battleship in a one-to-one engagement.

- Karitori MRL :
The fearsome H-7 Karitori is an overpowered artillery unit, firing devastating salvos of explosive rockets over incredible distances. The most powerful warmachine in the world, for the most powerful army in the world ! Banzai !

- Asian recruits :
Chinese, Vietnamese, Koreans and miscellania Malaysians from the Outer Colonies, conscripted by force and providing the Rising Sun with a cheap, expendable cannon-fodder, in epic numbers. The worst infantry in the world, those terrified peasants hardly know what a weapon is, but they have no ramping cost, and can be endlessly sacrified for the sake of the Empire.

- Ryu Fighter-Bomber :
The Imperial Navy's main Jet Fighter-Bomber. A technological wonder, flown only by the best Samurai in the Empire, the Ryu is the terror of both the skies and the seas !

- Tora Jet Fighter :
Banzai ! The A9M5 "Tora" is the larger, land-based cousin of the Ryu. Like his naval equivalent, it shines by all its aspects, and is second to no-one when it comes to achieving air superiority.

Se here it was for the Rising Sun. As you can see, a lot of high-tech weaponry, that comes at a very, very high cost, balanced by the worst and cheapest infantry in the game, and a complex navy that will reward careful planification and use of every unit's special abilities. Next time, we will conclude this introduction to Unique Units, with the presentation of the Caliphate of Jihadia.

I have a concern about rebel and minor factions : how are we going to give them buildings ? All the architectural sets are already occupied by the eight major powers... Other than that, I like your ideas a lot, except maybe the Eire and Confederacy, not as credible as the other concepts. Anyway, in order to allow us to make a winter release, the 1.0 will only include the skirmish/multiplayer mode, and rebels will be introduced later, along with experimental units, a CtW campaign and scenarios for each civ.

See you soon kids !

[This message has been edited by ColonelMolotov (edited 12-19-2011 @ 06:09 PM).]

posted 12-19-11 07:03 PM EDT (US)     25 / 177  
The Empire of the Rising Sun looks brilliant! I really can't wait for Jihadia. Did you get the suicide bomber to work in the end?

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Game Modifications » A Wrong Turn is back...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames