You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN General Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Rise of Nations on Steam!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 03-25-13 11:23 AM EDT (US)   

Ok gentlemen, here is a topic that is near and dear to Pimp's cold-blooded heart.

The picture that you see up there is a picture that was found in the Steam databases last week which regards my favorite RTS game ever, Rise of Nations. Not only that, we also found many achievements in JavaScript for Rise of Nations, which can only mean one things... Steam is highly considering re-releasing Rise of Nations onto Steam!

This would be fantastic to the Rise of Nations community. After GameSpy and Glu Mobile shutdown services to hundreds of games, one of them being Rise of Nations, the community has been struggling to make ends meet, even designing their own patch to play on the GameSpy lobby (a feat of programming capabilities).

But, such a re-release would be a fantastic boost to the community, and would surely bring about many new faces to the game.

This isnt such a new concept though. Earlier this year, Age of Empires II was released in HD, even 14 years after its inception (also on Steam). Could a nostalgic RTS wave be hitting our computer gaming minds?

...Yes.... The Answer is Yes....

And Also some good news on the RoN-Steam Front is this picture as well

Coincidence?... God I hope not....

Pimp approved, master class!
Replies:
posted 08-18-13 10:47 PM EDT (US)     26 / 45  
I think both AoM and RoN will get on Steam

hints point to RoN coming first
posted 08-19-13 00:07 AM EDT (US)     27 / 45  
Signed.
posted 08-19-13 01:51 AM EDT (US)     28 / 45  
Great all we need is 29 more signatures. And Vugi keep in mind the impact of bringing that game back to steam, most of the people signing that already have the game. The point of it is to put RoN on the map with communities,forums and advertising circling the long beloved game. Its not 500 people neccissarilly buying the game. Its 500 people reccomending it to each and every person who clicks for more info.
posted 08-21-13 07:16 PM EDT (US)     29 / 45  
i dont believe in santa claus

Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

Rise Of Nation Thrones And Patriots "Official" Site / Online patch
posted 08-23-13 01:48 AM EDT (US)     30 / 45  
Signed.

Creator of RevolutionDCM for RON
posted 08-24-13 04:05 PM EDT (US)     31 / 45  
We need only 21 more signatures now
posted 08-28-13 09:14 AM EDT (US)     32 / 45  
11 more
posted 08-28-13 03:04 PM EDT (US)     33 / 45  
There's another related petition here for any interested...
posted 08-28-13 11:48 PM EDT (US)     34 / 45  
It says the petetion is closed why? Is Big Huge even around anymore

[This message has been edited by Desert_Fox_42 (edited 08-28-2013 @ 11:49 PM).]

posted 08-29-13 08:52 AM EDT (US)     35 / 45  
EPIC WIN!!! 2 MORE!!!
posted 08-29-13 01:57 PM EDT (US)     36 / 45  
0 more

What happens next?

~ Creator of Kings and Conquerors, a total conversion mod for Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots ~

[This message has been edited by Super7700 (edited 08-29-2013 @ 01:58 PM).]

posted 08-30-13 06:42 AM EDT (US)     37 / 45  
Now I believe 500 votes is sent to valve for them to consider and given the recent activity, we'll hope those 500 is the final push and we see some resultes.
posted 08-30-13 09:46 AM EDT (US)     38 / 45  
guys the number's requirements change!! WTF, now we need 1000 votes???
posted 08-30-13 03:39 PM EDT (US)     39 / 45  
It looks like the countdown meant absolutely nothing, as it was just counting down towards a 'milestone'. According to the site, this is what actually happens:
Each time someone signs your petition, this is the letter that will be sent to convince your target to take action.

~ Creator of Kings and Conquerors, a total conversion mod for Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots ~

[This message has been edited by Super7700 (edited 08-30-2013 @ 03:40 PM).]

posted 08-31-13 02:23 AM EDT (US)     40 / 45  
Maybe the countdown didnt mean much but the votes do, we just need more people to bring it out to valve.
posted 08-31-13 04:24 AM EDT (US)     41 / 45  
how are we going to speed this up? the faith of Rise of Nations depends on us!
posted 09-02-13 06:43 PM EDT (US)     42 / 45  
i dont want to kill santa here.. but you guys should just move on, its clearly that this failed

Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

Rise Of Nation Thrones And Patriots "Official" Site / Online patch
posted 11-10-13 09:46 PM EDT (US)     43 / 45  
As reported here and here, the rights to Rise of Nations and Rise of Legends (as well as other BHG and 38 Studios games) are going to be sold at an auction sometime in December 2013. Whoever buys the rights to this game will have the option to do something with it such as a simple digital re-release or something more.

This sounds interesting and I'm curious as to how this works and will turn out. If we find out who bought the rights we could get in touch with them if possible. Steam may not be the best option, there is also Gog.com which has RON and ROL on its wishlist.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 11-10-2013 @ 09:47 PM).]

posted 11-11-13 00:41 AM EDT (US)     44 / 45  
Thanks for the update, that could be some good news for RoN.

It's really promising to see this:
38 Studios' Kingdoms of Amalur auction was slated to take place this month, but has been moved to December because of higher potential interest than was expected
Hopefully this interest is because they want to do something with RoN and RoL, and not just Kingdom of Amalur. Do you know of any potential buyers who have any plans to do anything with RoN, such as update it AoK:HD style or even create a RoN 2?

posted 11-11-13 04:05 PM EDT (US)     45 / 45  
Yeah it sounds like this may have potential - but I don't know of any potential buyers and would like to know myself how anyone from the public, if they can, find out about this when and after it happens.

There is some more info at the official auction page here.

Edit: More interesting news here and here - apparently there was a finished game called Rise of Nations: Tactics for iOS. Its rights are also included in the auction next month.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 11-20-2013 @ 01:29 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN General Discussion » Rise of Nations on Steam!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames