« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 32  Next Page »
posted 10-08-10 04:32 AM EDT (US)   

Quick Links
Rise of Kings: Conquer the World Campaign planning
Rise of Kings: Concept Art thread
Rise of Kings Wiki
Rise of Kings' ModDb Page
Download Rise of Kings

Currently, there is not a single total conversion mod for the Medieval times. I have set out to change that with this new mod!

Rise of Kings is a revolutionary total conversion mod for Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots changing every nation in many ways. There are three ages: The Dark Age, set between the years 888 AD and 1100 AD; The Castle Age, which ends at around 1400 AD; and the Imperial Age, which ends in the 1500s.

New concepts and features:
  • Construct the mighty Noble's Court, a building with heavy attack and many hitpoints like a castle that can train religious orders for Christian factions and assassin units such as the dreaded Hashishin and Ninja for other factions.
  • Train cheap but weak Peasant and Skirmisher Levies from your Peasant Commune and Town Watch Guild.
  • Each continental region has a special bonus that is activated by technology at the Noble's Court:
    - European factions and the Turks can access advanced Imperial Age Barracks and Stables units.
    - Asian factions can upgrade their military buildings in the Imperial Age so they all have attack and extra armour, and Large Cities can become Imperial Cities with enough buildings.
    - Orthodox factions can upgrade their Keep, Peasant Commune, Town Watch Guild and Outpost to give them more armour, hit points and attack.
    - Arabic factions have two special 'Muslim techs' at the Noble's Court that enhance both the nation's military and economy.
  • Regional units are units that are like unique units but are shared by multiple nations such as the Muslim Ghazi militia, the Asian conscript soldiers, and the Scandinavian longships.
  • The Castle can train your nation's gunpowder units: arquebusiers, culverins and bombards
  • A new Outpost building that can train mercenaries such as Landsknechts, Condottieri and Swiss Pikemen.
  • Some units can only be accessed when a nations researches a certain government type.
  • Plenty of new wonders like the Tower of London and Chartes Cathedral. Also we are introducing a system that ensures that nations only have access to wonders that suit their region but still gives all factions access to an equal number of wonders.
  • Many new textures and models for units and buildings across the mod. Plenty of new units too, from English Foot Knights to Hussite War Wagons to the mighty Venetian Galleass!

We also have plans of creating a Conquer the World campaign for this mod with a huge map that covers Europe, North Africa and Asia and has over 140 territories. There will be realistic events such as the Crusades and Reformation and we have planned many new scenarios, from barbarian skirmishes to massive sieges. Scenarios will include City States, where you lead an army to defeat 7 bickering city states and Constantinople, where you have to take one of the most heavily fortified cities in history. Will you create an almighty empire? Will you CONQUER THE WORLD?

Factions:
    Scots - English - Danes - Swedish - Welsh - Holy Roman Empire - French - Burgundians - Hungarians - Bohemians - Poles - Russians - China - Mongolians - Japanese - Turks - Moors - Saracens - Byzantines - Papal States - Spanish - Venetians - Sicilians - Portuguese

Who we need:
  • Someone who can make models for RON due to us requiring new weapon and unit models, especially for boats such as the Galleass and Lantern Galley.
  • Someone who is able to create animations for units since we need a mounted javelineer and there are no appropriate current animations.
  • A good scripter who could help make a script for the mod that allows some of the bonuses of wonders and techs to happen such as them making units faster or spawn some units on completion of the wonder (unless there is a way to do it by editing the data files).
  • Someone who can help us make campaigns and a good scenario designer and scripter for the scenarios within it.

Suggestions are welcome so if you have an idea for this mod, feel free to share it with us.

~ Creator of Kings and Conquerors, a total conversion mod for Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots ~

[This message has been edited by super7700 (edited 01-26-2012 @ 10:56 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 10-08-10 08:26 AM EDT (US)     1 / 791  
    Renaming the ages can be done with scripting, as for making it a CTW campaign you have to make your own CTW map for that, can't help you there as graphic design is my one "Achilles Heal" when it comes to modding, as for the rest of the stuff it's simple a matter of modding the unitrules and buildingrules files, I can give you a hand if you get more specific ideas like exactly what units you want to make and where, what there names/stats/costs should be, again if you want new skins for those units I can't help much other than to suggest you download some skins other's have made and ask their permission to use them, I can't draw skins but I do know how to implement them into unitgraphics, so let me know.
    posted 10-08-10 10:37 AM EDT (US)     2 / 791  
    Sounds a lot like Rise of the Ancients Medieval style , I did work on a preliminary Medieval Mod, never finished it....still have some skins lying around from it......I think I really outdid myself with a Teutonic knight I made haha Maybe I will resume work on this soon.
    posted 10-08-10 04:53 PM EDT (US)     3 / 791  
    very good idea

maybe i can help you making units you already see my Templars Skins xD

yeah, ill help you! (if u let me of course xD)

i can make a HRE units, and a French units, we can make new units and not replace, i can make new units for all the factions, i can make a pikeman for the French other for the HRE, and like that with all the factions and units

you count with my help, super
    posted 10-08-10 07:39 PM EDT (US)     4 / 791  
    Any suggestions for nations? And about the nation names I was thinking of using that technique for changing names through the ages. This would mean for example the Anglo-Saxons would become the English in the Medieval Age.

~ Creator of Kings and Conquerors, a total conversion mod for Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots ~

[This message has been edited by super7700 (edited 10-08-2010 @ 08:26 PM).]

posted 10-08-10 08:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 791  
    well i suggest you a faction called Crusaders, may can work or other faction...like Venice, and the Mongols, what you say?

also you can includes the Moors and the Castilians, who in that epoch was in a bloody war in iberia is just my opinion...

i think you can includes:

- Venice or the Papals
    - Castilians and Moors

and the names i think is a great idea, could be this:

- Carolingian Empire, Holy Roman Empire (or just HRE)
    - Kingdom of Castilla, Kingdom of Castilla and Leon
    - Kingdom of France
    - Normands Countys, Kingdom of England
    - Moors, Kingdom of Al-Andaluz
    - Kingdom of Scotland
    - Orient Roman Empire, Latin Empire, Bizantine Empire
    - Teutons, Teutonic Order, Teutonic States
    - Turks Nomads, Turks Seljulks, Ottoman Turks
    - Fatimí Caliphate, Ayubi Dinastie, Ottoman Egiptians
    - Vikings Danish, Kingdom of Denmark
    - Tribus Mongols, Golden Horde

What you say, is my opinion, but is your mod, you say i think is great like this xD
    posted 10-08-10 09:00 PM EDT (US)     6 / 791  
    Yes I'm adding the Castilians and the Moors to my list. Instead of having the Crusaders as a nation I'll give nations that took part Crusader units at the temple. I'm not sure if I should have the Teutonic order or if I should put them under the Papal States.

I won't have the Carolingian Empire because I'm setting this mod just after the splitting of the Carolingian Empire.

[This message has been edited by super7700 (edited 10-08-2010 @ 09:04 PM).]

posted 10-08-10 09:17 PM EDT (US)     7 / 791  
    now i see, and is better now, more factions and more cultures, this could be one of the best mods medievals of RoN. xD

look these names:

- Castilian: Kingdom of Castilla and Leon
    - Aragonese: Crown of Aragón
    - Hungarians: Kingdom of Hungary
    - Papal States: Papal States
    - Lithuanians: Pangans Kingdoms of Lithuania
    - Welsh: Welsh Countys
    - Swedish: Kingdom of Swedish
    - Ottoman Turks: Ottoman Turks
    - Russians: Kingdom of Novgorod, Kingdom of Kiev, Moscovia
    - Polish: Kingdom of Polony
    - Seljuks: Seljuks Dinastie
    - Bizantines: Latin Empire
    - Saracens: Fatimi Caliphate
    - Holy Roman Empire: Holy Roman Epire
    - Danish: Vikings Kingdoms
    - Scots: Kingdom of Scotland
    - English: Kingdom of England, Normands
    - French: Kingdom of France

PS. I alredy start make skins xD ill upload images...
    posted 10-08-10 09:29 PM EDT (US)     8 / 791  
    I'm not really sure when I get started and I'm not really sure if I can complete such a big mod. Nevermind. Perhaps when I have a good enough idea of nations and units I'll start

[This message has been edited by super7700 (edited 10-08-2010 @ 09:37 PM).]

posted 10-08-10 09:58 PM EDT (US)     9 / 791  
    i can start to make the units in any time, you just have to tellme

PS. i am in the team?
    posted 10-08-10 10:42 PM EDT (US)     10 / 791  
    This looks like a good concept. One suggestion, though - if you're doing a medieval mod with three ages, why not use the traditional Early Era, High Era, Late Era division? I'm excited to see how this progresses.

Cyclohexane - it's what's for dinner!
    posted 10-08-10 10:51 PM EDT (US)     11 / 791  
    Yep Andres. And Mythic, can you tell me when these three ages were set? Because I want to cover the late dark ages, the early and late middle ages. So pretty much 900 - 1500 AD.

UPDATE: I've just completed a Teutonic Knight but I can't upload it yet because when I close it and open it again, it is very buggy and there are lines going across bits of the texture and it looks very dodgy. Does anyone know why I may get these issues with the tga? I have Paint Shop 5 which does support tgas.

[This message has been edited by super7700 (edited 10-09-2010 @ 02:00 AM).]

posted 10-09-10 10:42 AM EDT (US)     12 / 791  
    Ok, Thanks for include me in the team xD

well, about your problem, i answer you in the other post you made
    posted 10-09-10 02:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 791  
    Early: 476-1000
    High: 1000-1300
    Late: 1300-1500

Cyclohexane - it's what's for dinner!
    posted 10-09-10 04:44 PM EDT (US)     14 / 791  
    I'll probably do that and include the Carolingians as the early Holy Roman Empire for the CTW.

And I fixed the Teutonic Knight and I think its pretty good. You'll see it in my skin pack. I have a screenshot included.

[This message has been edited by super7700 (edited 10-09-2010 @ 05:57 PM).]

posted 10-09-10 06:26 PM EDT (US)     15 / 791  
    i make units for the HRE!

ill upload images... soon, i get ready the pikeman, javelineer and the crossbowman

i will make the light cavalry, and i can find the heavy horse archer
    posted 10-09-10 06:39 PM EDT (US)     16 / 791  
    Are they templars? And if you want you can just post some pics on this page. I might try to make a Teutonic Order man at arms or something.

posted 10-09-10 06:53 PM EDT (US)     17 / 791  
    no... they are soldiers: a pikeman, crossbowman, javelineers and a Light Cavalry...

individual pics, for a better look of the units...

This are not hte final skins, i wait for super decision, but there still need some details, i dont put in for some reasons

[This message has been edited by AndresV5021 (edited 10-09-2010 @ 07:12 PM).]

posted 10-09-10 07:21 PM EDT (US)     18 / 791  
    Nice they are very good! Can you think of any other nations to include for this mod?

[This message has been edited by super7700 (edited 10-09-2010 @ 07:22 PM).]

posted 10-09-10 07:43 PM EDT (US)     19 / 791  
    of course, how i tell you i think republic of venice could be added

or firenze? or milano who was an a commercial empire

you also can include Kingdom of Jerusalen, or Antioch Principality (or whatever xD) i think...

and what about more then just one crusader faction? i like so mucho the templars and i can more then just that skins

or the kingdom of portugal?

i think that are all the factions of the Medieval age...
    posted 10-09-10 08:11 PM EDT (US)     20 / 791  
    Should I merge the Seljuks and the Ottomans into one race?

If I do I need 4 more nations to make the maximum of 24 nations. So what is your pick?

[This message has been edited by super7700 (edited 10-09-2010 @ 08:12 PM).]

posted 10-09-10 08:21 PM EDT (US)     21 / 791  
    4 nations more?

well... here more nations ideas

-> Kingdom of Jerusalem
    -> Duchy of Milano
    -> Republic of Venice
    -> Kingdom of Sicily
    -> Kingdom of Georgia
    -> Order of Temple
    -> Order of Malta
    -> Cavaliers of Santiago
    -> Kingdom of Poland
    -> Duchy of Moscovia
    -> Kingdom of Norway
    - Republic of Firenze
    - Kingdomn of Portugal
    - Irish Kingdom

And out of europe...

-> Shogun of Japan
    -> Empire of China

you say...

PS: i was thinkin in mod the civilians skins for every nation... what you say?

2PS: for a little trouble with some files of the RoN, i need reinstall, but ill do that tomorrow

[This message has been edited by AndresV5021 (edited 10-09-2010 @ 08:29 PM).]

posted 10-09-10 08:30 PM EDT (US)     22 / 791  
    Lets say you are only allowed to pick 4 more nations for this mod. Which four of those do you think are the most important. And the Templars, Hospitallers and other orders are covered by the papal states. I made the Teutonic knights a separate nation because the had a lot of territory.

PS: The HRE guys are awesome! I love the shields with the eagle especially. Are you doing a knight for the Holy Roman Empire?

PS2: Have you seen my Teutonic Knight in my skin pack?

[This message has been edited by super7700 (edited 10-09-2010 @ 08:54 PM).]

posted 10-09-10 09:09 PM EDT (US)     23 / 791  
    I demand something that emulates the vassal system! XD
    posted 10-09-10 09:17 PM EDT (US)     24 / 791  
    The CTW could use the Vassals because there was a lot of vassal stuff in those times.

posted 10-09-10 09:22 PM EDT (US)     25 / 791  
    i can pick 4? wow, thanks xD

well...

i think we could add the duchy of milano, the will get the Power of Commerce...

if you want we can also include the republic of Venice, and could had the Power of the Republic...

and i believe we could add the kingdom of jerusalem, but only if you want. (this is optional)

the duchy of moscovia the maybe the can had the power of the revolution...

and if the jerusalems is dont include, then the kingdom of portugal, the power of the sea (or the navy, or something like that) because they was an empire in the sea...

thats mi opinion, but is your choice

PS. about the knight... no, because a lose the backup, but i have to reinstall the RoN, ill do that tomorrow...

2PS. about the teuton, yes, is pretty good better then my knight xD

[This message has been edited by AndresV5021 (edited 10-09-2010 @ 09:27 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 32  Next Page »
    Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Game Modifications » RISE OF KINGS - Mod Idea
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames