Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: unlocking all factions
posted 07 September 2007 19:45 EDT (US)   
i been to all the websites that tell me 2 open sum descr\strat.txt file but i really dont kno what they are talking about. Ive looked all over my rtw data but i cant find what they are telling me. What i really need is sum1 who can tell me step by step what 2 do. Hope 2 soon see sum relpies.
Replies:
posted 07 September 2007 19:51 EDT (US)     1 / 6  
Ok, search on the downloads section at www.rtw.heavengames.comand there's a mod there somewhere that will do it for you.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
posted 07 September 2007 20:22 EDT (US)     2 / 6  
This will work if you have RTW 1.5. I do not believe it will work on earlier versions.

Go to: RTW\World\Maps\Campaign\Imperial_Campaign\descr_strat.txt

Make a copy of it for a backup to be on the safe side. Then open it up. You will see the beginning looks like this:
;

Custom campaign script generated by Romans Campaign Map Editor

campaignimperial_campaign
playable
romans_julii
romans_brutii
romans_scipii

end
unlockable
egypt
seleucid
carthage
parthia
gauls
germans
britons
greek_cities

end
nonplayable
romans_senate
macedon
pontus
armenia
dacia
numidia
scythia
spain
thrace
slave

end
Change it to look like this:
; Custom campaign script generated by Romans Campaign Map Editor

playable
romans_julii
romans_brutii
romans_scipii
egypt
seleucid
carthage
parthia
gauls
germans
britons
greek_cities
macedon
pontus
armenia
dacia
numidia
scythia
spain
thrace
slave

end
unlockable
end
nonplayable
romans_senate
end
However, the interface in the campaign selection screen is only made to display 20 factions, so the rebel/slaves are not shown there even if you unlock them as above. If you want to play them you have to move one of the other factions to unlockable or nonplayable. I put the senate in nonplayable.

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 09-07-2007 @ 08:22 PM).]

posted 08 September 2007 14:39 EDT (US)     3 / 6  
i did what u told but i found 3 descr_strat files but i changed all 3 2 lokk like this...

; Custom campaign script generated by Romans Campaign Map Editor

playable
romans_julii
romans_brutii
romans_scipii
egypt
seleucid
carthage
parthia
gauls
germans
britons
greek_cities
macedon
pontus
armenia
dacia
numidia
scythia
spain
thrace
slave
end
unlockable
end
nonplayable
romans_senate
end

i dont kno if this is right but i followed your instructions, but there was no new factions on the imperial campaign. please post reply telling if im doing sumthing wrong thanks 4 the help anyway guys.
posted 08 September 2007 16:49 EDT (US)     4 / 6  
You have three of them? I am guessing you installed one of the all factions mods that gives you a extra backups of the file. Make sure you are editing the correct one: descr_strat.txt

What version of RTW do you have? The way to find out is to click on Options off the main menu. Then in the upper right corner you will see the version number. This trick does not work on earlier versions of the game.
posted 08 September 2007 22:51 EDT (US)     5 / 6  
i have version 1.5 and each 1 of the files has a different name.one file says descr_strat, one says descr_strat (Patch 1.5)All-Factions, and one says descr_strat (Patch 1.5)Original. I dont remember making back ups, when i checked the file they were all just there. I dint know what 2 change so i just changed all of them and it didnt change.Im not 2 sure what im doing wrong if u have any idea then please reply.
posted 09 September 2007 02:22 EDT (US)     6 / 6  
Just look at the one called descr_strat. The other two files came from one of the all factions mods. They are copies of the descr_strat file.

What you can also do is change the name of your descr_strat.txt file to something else (like maybe descr_strat_backup.txt), and then go to the descr_strat (Patch 1.5)All-Factions file and change its name to descr_strat.txt. Effectively replacing the original file with that one. That should do the trick.
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » unlocking all factions
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames