Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Official RTWH Swap Game - Armenia
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
posted 29 July 2008 20:12 EDT (US)   

Okay, here we go. Each player has the swap for a maximum of three days or fifteen turns, whichever comes first. Please make regular updates of your progress. Daily is ideal. That way the rest of us know what is going on.

Armenia
RTW version 1.5, no mods.
Difficulty: H/H
Unit Scale: Large
Arcade Battles: Off
Human Manages All Settlements: On

Players
KeithLB (technical difficulties)
impspy (ctds)
stormer (wrecked)
Squash
Danilh (technical difficulties)
Private Clark
IndianaJoe (ctds)
Selifator (game pc crashed)
TheGoldChevron01 (off to uni)
Leo IV(Passes on Thursday night)
Monkcrazy
xingjianma
SubRosa
Ischenous
Andalus
General_Zavier

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 10-13-2008 @ 12:43 PM).]

Replies:
posted 30 July 2008 02:48 EDT (US)     1 / 255  
Armenia! My favourite eastern faction. I probably can't play this swap, though

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
posted 30 July 2008 05:14 EDT (US)     2 / 255  
When i press Prnt Screen, the TGA shows up in the TGA folder, when i open the pic it opens with photoshop and i can't upload to photobucket., help please?

So far i have played 3 turns i built traders and roads in both settlements, and i moved a family member and 5 horse archers towards Pontus, we are currentl making 700 a turn but that will be changed.

I feel the same way I did after playing Stronghold 2 for about 15 minutes, like it was my birthday and all my friends had wheeled a giant birthday cake into the room, and I was filled with hopes dreams and desires when suddenly out of the cake pops out not a beautiful buxom maid, but a cranky old hobo that just shanks me then takes $60 dollars out of my pocket and walks away saying "deal, with it".
posted 30 July 2008 07:13 EDT (US)     3 / 255  
you must convert them to JPEG's. TGA's are too large to be uploaded and/or photobucket doesn't support them.

Yep, it's true, having no sig is boring. But so is this one. Which makes my point... relatively pointless.
Can a point be a point when it is pointless?
posted 30 July 2008 09:12 EDT (US)     4 / 255  
how?

I feel the same way I did after playing Stronghold 2 for about 15 minutes, like it was my birthday and all my friends had wheeled a giant birthday cake into the room, and I was filled with hopes dreams and desires when suddenly out of the cake pops out not a beautiful buxom maid, but a cranky old hobo that just shanks me then takes $60 dollars out of my pocket and walks away saying "deal, with it".
posted 30 July 2008 09:31 EDT (US)     5 / 255  
you should be able to do that with photoshop, i don't know how (i don't have it myself) but i think it is that when you save, you should use the bar under the bar where you can gice a name to the file, there you can select JPEG, BMP and such.

Yep, it's true, having no sig is boring. But so is this one. Which makes my point... relatively pointless.
Can a point be a point when it is pointless?
posted 30 July 2008 10:06 EDT (US)     6 / 255  
Simply open them in any compatible program (Nero Photosnap Viewer is nice and quick) and save as JPEG.
posted 30 July 2008 10:31 EDT (US)     7 / 255  
I am very sorry people but my brother broke my CD and uninstalled RTW, plus i am band from the pc for a week, I am very sorry to start the SWAP game like this and good luck to the rest.

posted 30 July 2008 11:42 EDT (US)     8 / 255  
That hurts. Sorry to hear that stormer. Do you think you will be able to play again any time soon?

In light of this, KeithLB, the swap goes to you. Please start a game with the settings above and play for three days. Let us know when you start, and I will update the OP with the days you have it.
posted 30 July 2008 12:35 EDT (US)     9 / 255  
Well I would like to play but my RTW isnt working at all, even after i deleted everytyhing and I try to install it it only lets me play not install, I would like to play but my RTW isn't cooperating, so do u think you could move me back to the end of the line?

KeithLB- 85% German 10% Lithuanian 2.5% Irish and 2.5% English

[This message has been edited by KeithLB (edited 07-30-2008 @ 12:37 PM).]

posted 30 July 2008 12:41 EDT (US)     10 / 255  

I might be able to play sometime now, but I don't know when. Good start you guys

Oh, who am I kidding?

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
posted 30 July 2008 12:42 EDT (US)     11 / 255  
Sub, I think your swift start has made the gods angry...

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 30 July 2008 12:42 EDT (US)     12 / 255  
*mutters something about how well this is going*

Seems like anytime i'm involved in a swap everything goes to pot.

Guess I have to start?

"He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword..." Matt 26,52b
"Viva Christo Rey!" Miguel Pro, and numerous other Catholics who were martyred for their faith in Spain and Mexico in the early 20th century.
Winner of the 2008 TWH Seraph elections.
Unchallenged master of EAW Heaven
Ah, but for a return to Christendom, darn Reformation.
posted 30 July 2008 13:28 EDT (US)     13 / 255  
Hehe not the best of starts, but can't be helped. Lets just hope the game goes better!

[This message has been edited by TheGoldChevron01 (edited 07-30-2008 @ 01:29 PM).]

posted 30 July 2008 16:54 EDT (US)     14 / 255  
Guess I have to start?
Go for it impspy. Armenia is depending on you.
Sub, I think your swift start has made the gods angry...
I knew I should have made that sacrifice beforehand...
posted 30 July 2008 20:43 EDT (US)     15 / 255  
Update

*intro music plays*

I have eliminated Pontus and driven the Parthians from the Caspian Sea. We are currently at war with the Parthians, and the Greeks. We have a full stack in Greece, and the settalments of Larrisa and Thermon. Dang, those Horse-archers are good. You've won another convert Subrosa. I have been able to defeat the Greeks simply because my HAs are the only unit i have that can beat their Hoplites.

"Viva Christo Rey!" Miguel Pro, and numerous other Catholics who were martyred for their faith in Spain and Mexico in the early 20th century.

[This message has been edited by impspy (edited 07-30-2008 @ 08:44 PM).]

posted 30 July 2008 22:27 EDT (US)     16 / 255  
posted 31 July 2008 09:54 EDT (US)     17 / 255  
How many units of hillmen and eastern infantry and light horse archers do you have?
From my experience, make armies full of them and you can't go wrong against most other factions with Armenia.

And as a completely irrelevant side-note:
92% of forumers have taken to copying other people's signatures. If you are of the 8% who still have at least mild originality, copy and paste this into your surname.
Heh, it worked! By copy-and-pasting it it means you're not original. It's why I took it out of my sig

Anyway, try and gain ground on the Seleucids if you have time, if not secure the mountain lands you hold. If anyone attacks from the south they'll be vital.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 07-31-2008 @ 09:57 AM).]

posted 31 July 2008 10:28 EDT (US)     18 / 255  
heh it worked...
Darn you Gallowglass !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want war with the Selucids, their my allies; right know I'm carving a bloody path through Greece.

[This message has been edited by impspy (edited 07-31-2008 @ 10:34 AM).]

posted 31 July 2008 13:42 EDT (US)     19 / 255  
Great start impspy!

The Seluecids also act as a shield for the big yellow too.
posted 31 July 2008 15:34 EDT (US)     20 / 255  
I know but fertile Mesopotamia would be able to flank the conflict in the Holy Land, and earn some cash if well-defended. To defend all you need is loads of hillmen and eastern infantry, remember, they can hold their own in cities, especially against the chariots of Egypt and Seleucid cavalry.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
posted 01 August 2008 12:24 EDT (US)     21 / 255  
Peter:Why did the dinosaurs die out?

Museum Curator: Because you touch yourself at night.

Peter: Awwwww

HeHe Yaa.
posted 01 August 2008 12:49 EDT (US)     22 / 255  
Congratulations, you are now the official first spammer of this thread. Your prize is behind that door with the sign "EXIT" on it.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
posted 01 August 2008 12:55 EDT (US)     23 / 255  
Just before I could say it! Aaaaahhhh! Sub, mind if I borrow one of the animal sacrifices you said you had?

Anyway, let's hope impspy has some progress to report. Oh, and I can't join this after all
I'm going to be in the Phillipines for a while.
Your prize is behind that door with the sign "EXIT" on it
I don't know which one of us is being unoriginal here, but I said something similar in the RLT once.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 08-01-2008 @ 04:38 PM).]

posted 01 August 2008 15:06 EDT (US)     24 / 255  
Subrosa I may come into this swap at a latter date when RL calms down a bit.

Don't think I ever have had a proper armenia campaign.
posted 01 August 2008 16:34 EDT (US)     25 / 255  
Update

The Greek City states and the Parthians have gone the way of the dinosars. Egypt is breathing down our necks, so squash, you are gonna have a heck of a time dealing with them. on the bright side we are genarating 15,000 a turn.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » Official RTWH Swap Game - Armenia
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames