Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Sepia Joust IV- (Sci-Fi)- Discussion
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 14 May 2010 05:00 EDT (US)   
Hail, Warriors of the Quill.

Our third Sepia Joust has ended. Two elegant warlords fought for the laurels, and while both achieved honors, only one emerged victorious. Thus it is time to prepare the next sequel.

The Sepia Joust IV is now open for Genre Selection and Entry Date Decisions. It has been proposed that those wishing to enter have their pieces ready by the end of August, giving all fair warning and enough time to prepare a wonderful entrant. Other times may be discussed.

But what shall the genre be? Each Joust shall have a new genre, so each time we decide on a genre, the list becomes shortened by one.

The remaining genres are:

Poetry (rhyming)
Historic fiction
Fantasy
Poetry (prose) II
Science Fiction (any era from past to future, for a fun change of pace) V
Comedy/Parody I
Criminal (in old days) I
Romantic / Romantic Adventure
Documentary
Advisory
Horror (Sepia Joust III)
Thriller
Brief History (Sepia Joust I)
Diary / Journal (Sepia Joust II)

Place your votes. The sooner we decide on a genre, the more time we will have to prepare a fitting piece.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 06-14-2010 @ 02:21 PM).]

Replies:
posted 14 May 2010 05:56 EDT (US)     1 / 77  
My vote has to go for Science Fiction since that is my favourite. Might be more likely to actually finish my entry too.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
posted 15 May 2010 07:32 EDT (US)     2 / 77  
Yay, I've been waiting for this. An opportunity to lose my title...

My vote, as last time, goes to romantic adventure.

posted 16 May 2010 13:18 EDT (US)     3 / 77  
Historic Fiction for me.

No, I am small words. You don't really notice me. Seriously.
posted 22 May 2010 13:35 EDT (US)     4 / 77  
I am leaning toward criminal, as I had a kick-ass idea, but after the depth and seriousness of the Red Lion discussions, I think comedy/parody might make a wonderful change of pace.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
posted 23 May 2010 05:26 EDT (US)     5 / 77  
Poetry.

IT'S AN RPG!

THE THREADKRÜSCHER
posted 27 May 2010 07:13 EDT (US)     6 / 77  
Accrually, screw romantic comedy, I'll go for something that's actually in with a chance of getting chosen.

I'll go with science fiction. Always good fun.

posted 03 June 2010 05:51 EDT (US)     7 / 77  
Poetry poetry poetry
posted 04 June 2010 01:35 EDT (US)     8 / 77  
[Poetry poetry poetry

We all know you'd destroy all of the other competitors with your random poems. LOL
I vote sci fi.
I love how Terikel said for criminal in the old days. lol

Semper Fidelis
E pluribus unum
Sic Semper Tyrannus-Always (death) to tyrants-state motto of Virginia
The idea is not ot die for your country, but to let the other poor bastard die for your country-General George S. Patton
posted 04 June 2010 11:07 EDT (US)     9 / 77  
Comedy or Sci-Fi would be my choice

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy
posted 04 June 2010 11:17 EDT (US)     10 / 77  
GeneralScruff- choose one and I will count your vote.

To everyone- are we cool with a date for opening the Submissions Scroll on/about 31 August? That should be plenty of time to work on a piece.

Voting for Genre will end 15 June (or thereabouts). Right now Sci-Fi is leading Poetry III to II.

posted 14 June 2010 05:58 EDT (US)     11 / 77  
*Reminder*

Genre selection ends tomorrow.

Submissions dates remain open- 31 August +/-, or 15 September +/- sound good enough to get some decent time in which to write fantastic pieces.

posted 14 June 2010 11:34 EDT (US)     12 / 77  
sci fi

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy
posted 14 June 2010 12:42 EDT (US)     13 / 77  
I'm going to vote: sci fi, as well. It's the genre I'm most likely to actually write a story for. I expect to be pretty busy over the next couple of months; so I'm in favor of a September 15 submission deadline.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
posted 14 June 2010 12:44 EDT (US)     14 / 77  
I vote criminal

我送你離開 千里之外 你無聲黑白
沈默年代 或許不該 太遙遠的相愛
我送你離開 天涯之外 你是否還在
琴聲何來 生死難猜 用一生 去等待

As Water on Rock
posted 17 June 2010 02:09 EDT (US)     15 / 77  
Sharpen your quills, lords and ladies.

The genre selection is closed. We will be contesting tales concerning:

Science Fiction

Submissions will open end August/Early September.

posted 17 June 2010 02:25 EDT (US)     16 / 77  
Oeps.

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 06-17-2010 @ 04:17 AM).]

posted 17 June 2010 03:17 EDT (US)     17 / 77  
Oops, indeed.

Those dates should be fine by me. Until then, fellow warriors of the quill...

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 06-17-2010 @ 05:08 AM).]

posted 17 June 2010 07:03 EDT (US)     18 / 77  
A good bit of reference here if you want to merge Crusader-era Britons and sci-fi is "The High Crusade," by Poul Anderson. Hilarious and rather short novel.

我送你離開 千里之外 你無聲黑白
沈默年代 或許不該 太遙遠的相愛
我送你離開 天涯之外 你是否還在
琴聲何來 生死難猜 用一生 去等待

As Water on Rock
posted 30 July 2010 01:28 EDT (US)     19 / 77  
*Reminder*

Approximately one month until Submissions Thread opens. It will remain open for three weeks (ca 21 September) after which it will close and the Voting Thread will open.

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 07-30-2010 @ 01:30 AM).]

posted 17 August 2010 06:43 EDT (US)     20 / 77  
*Reminder*

Two weeks until Submissions open.

posted 25 August 2010 10:51 EDT (US)     21 / 77  
*Reminder*

Submissions scroll opens in one week.

posted 25 August 2010 14:36 EDT (US)     22 / 77  
Finally broke my writer's block which has lasted ever since I finished Branwen and started my entry. I think it's pretty good...

posted 31 August 2010 02:43 EDT (US)     23 / 77  
*Reminder*

Tomorrow.

posted 01 September 2010 03:57 EDT (US)     24 / 77  
Sharpen thy Quills and ready thy ink, oh Lords of Letters, for the Fourth Sepia Joust will now commence.

It shall remain open for one and a half Fortnights, closing on the Eve of the Autumn Equinox, 21 September 2010.

Thou may post thy Entrants upon The Scroll of Submissions. Please remember that only Entered Pieces may be placed upon that worthy scroll, for the sake of posterity. All comments, complaints, praise, etc are reserved for this scroll and this scroll only.

Let the feathers fly and the ink flow!

The Sepia Joust IV is now underway.

Note- mine own piece shall be posted in ten days. I hope it is not the only piece!

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 09-09-2010 @ 02:38 AM).]

posted 07 September 2010 08:54 EDT (US)     25 / 77  
The Submissions Scroll has been open for a week, without a single entrant.

Mine is scheduled to go up Friday 10 September.

Will I be the first to puncture the purity of that hallowed scroll? Or Has some other worthy an Entrant ready for the Joust before that time?

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » Sepia Joust IV- (Sci-Fi)- Discussion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames