Rome Multiplayer Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: RTWHeaven Clan
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 06 August 2010 10:15 EDT (US)   
This thread is for everything pertaining to the RTWHeaven Clan. Arrange games with fellow clanners, sign up, welcome new guys, agree passwords for single private battles, propose alliances between clans, etc etc. Have fun!

If you are new and wish to sign up, be sure to read the rules and the signups section below.

ATTENTION ALL CLAN-MEMBERS.
This notice was added on the 29th June 2014.

I am holding a review of clan membership. All those who still play under the auspices of the clan (that is, who use the {-RTWH-} clan prefix in RTW multiplayer), please post here within one month of the above date. If you do not post to say you still play in the RTWH clan by the 1st of August 2014, your name will be struck from the list of members. If no members post, the clan will be converted.

Provisional list of Clan Members
(Under review as of Summer 2014)

Edorix - Edorix, Louernios. Clan Founder, Admin
Punic Hoplite - Punic Hoplite, Eesti Warlord, Porosus. Clan Champion
Liam_the_Spartan - Liam_the_Spartan, Liamidas, (liam_the_spartan(at)hotmail(dot)com).
RomulusofEpirus - Naupactus, ROE, (HDLICP_gaming(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk).
Nickel531 - Nickel531, Frankish_Warlord, (nickel531(at)live(dot)com).
GundamMerc - ClanWolf, clanjadewolf, (clanjadewolf(at)gmail(dot)com).
cazaron - cazaron, indianapoliscolts, (cazaron(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au).
FeudalPrincipes, BigRedRob, razzledazzlerob, (Rob-93(at)live(dot)co(dot)uk).
Friesian, gerrit, (geertsma(at)msn(dot)com).
Maniple, Maniple, Vinco Caudex.
Generalscuff, Generalscruff, Admiralscruff, (thomouse6396(at)googlemail(dot)com).
PraeQuae, PraeQuae, (j(dot)isaiah(dot)m(at)gmail(dot)com).
HannibalBaracaXXI, Hannibal_Barca.
Thompsoncs, Thompsoncs, (thompsoncs(at)live(dot)nl).

Clan Championship

The Clan Champion is the best multiplayer forumer in the Clan. The current Clan Champion is Punic Hoplite.

The Clan Champion holds their title until another clanner defeats them in a 1v1. It should be publicised in this thread beforehand, and a screenshot of the victory screen is required from both players to be posted here. If only one of the participants posts the result, it will be counted. If the Champion was defeated, then the title passes to the new Champion.

Clan Rules

• You must follow the HeavenGames Code of Conduct.
    The CoC is mostly common sense good behaviour, but do read it: it isn't as long as it looks and it is important. By joining the Clan you agree to follow the CoC when acting as a clan-member. If you really wish to swear at someone, logout and remove the clan prefix from your screen name first. The most important parts of the CoC for our purposes are as follows:
    - You must own a legal copy of Rome Total War.
    If we discover you play RTW by illegal means, you will be kicked out of the clan and moderator action taken upon your account.
    - You must treat other users with respect.
    If you start swearing at people or making racist or sexist comments online, it reflects badly not just on you but on Rome Total War Heaven as a whole. Behave maturely.
    - You must be at least thirteen years of age.
    This is not specifically stated in the CoC, however, for legal reasons you may not post on HeavenGames if you are under thirteen. If you cannot post at HeavenGames, you are not a forumer, so you do not qualify for membership. Sorry.

• You must be a forumer at Total War Heaven.
    This may seem obvious, but the Clan is intended for forumers. As a general rule, the minimum post count to qualify for membership is 20, but factors such as spamming and post-count farming will be factored in (bear in mind that HeavenGames has little tolerance for such activities anyway, and if you are banned then you must wait even longer to join). Equally, if you are banned, for the duration of that ban (and possibly longer depending on the reason for it) you are excluded from the clan.

• You must not impersonate other clan-members or forumers online.
    It is not funny, just annoying.

Violation of any one of these rules will result in your being excluded from the clan, and may also infer moderator action upon your account at HeavenGames.

Signups

To apply, please make a post stating the following:

[your forum username] - [the name you will use online as a clanner], [another name you may use online as a clanner], ([optional email address])
    So mine might look like this:
    Edorix - Edorix, Wiroku, (edorix(at)heavengames(dot)com)
    There are no tryouts. Your actual competence at online battles is not an issue; Rome Total War Heaven has a long tradition of being newbie-friendly, and skill comes with experience.

If you provide an email address, remember that this is an open site and you do so at your own risk (although I have never kept mine hidden and have rarely been spammed, and I'm a moderator!).

You may belong to other clans alongside RTWHeaven, but please use a different (unique) screen name for this clan. This should preferably be similar to your forum username to avoid confusion. Two screen names is a good idea so if one gets "stolen" we can still recognise you with minimal confusion.

If your application is accepted you will be added to the list of clanners and officially welcomed by the Clan Leader (me) in this thread, so keep an eye on it. If your application is not accepted, you will be informed why upon asking privately, by email.

The clan prefix (the bit you put before your name when you go online to denote your clan) is {-RTWH-}, however you may use your own variants - just don't go overboard.

[This message has been edited by Lord Eddie (edited 06-30-2014 @ 09:06 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 07 August 2010 08:07 EDT (US)     1 / 94  
    sooooo.....
    anyone wanna organise a first battle for the clan or something?

The Dutch-Moroccan Wars
    War without France would be like... World War II- Unknown
    Researcher for Dark Ages: Roman Revival (now i have something to be proud of lol)
    posted 07 August 2010 08:33 EDT (US)     2 / 94  
    I'll take someone on. Standard 10K cwb rules

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
    posted 07 August 2010 08:55 EDT (US)     3 / 94  
    Welcome to the Clan, Punic Hoplite and RomulusofEpirus! See if you can get a screenie or two?

Everyone who posted in the original thread will receive the title Founding Member in the list of clanners.

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 08-07-2010 @ 09:00 AM).]

posted 07 August 2010 09:11 EDT (US)     4 / 94  
    Me too? By the way I'm not gonna sign up yet until I get internet.

I think I'm going to buy a new laptop in a couple of weeks. I'll sign up then. I would be Deputy but I havn't been here that long.
    posted 07 August 2010 10:47 EDT (US)     5 / 94  
    It's awesome that these forums have a clan and I might join one day if I feel up to it
    posted 07 August 2010 12:46 EDT (US)     6 / 94  
    Its not anyone from here, but here's the first posted victory of our clan!

[PNG, (576.06 KB)]

Next time I need to bring more heavy infantry. That's why he got so many kills.

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
    posted 07 August 2010 14:43 EDT (US)     7 / 94  
    Congratulations, Punic Hoplite!

As the only clanner with a recorded victory to his name, I name you Clan Champion. You will hold this title until another clanner defeats you in a 1v1 and records his victory replay. The replay should be sent to me so I can judge its validity - screenshots are too easy to forge. Then the title passes to the new champion, and you become an "ex-champion".

Any objections?

posted 07 August 2010 20:53 EDT (US)     8 / 94  
    nope.
    well done on becoming champ, punic hoplite.
    i don't think ill be able to have screenshots, and if you want to know why just read my failed AAR.

The Dutch-Moroccan Wars
    Researcher for Dark Ages: Roman Revival (now i have something to be proud of lol)
    posted 08 August 2010 05:42 EDT (US)     9 / 94  
    Screenshots could work, if both victor and defeated are required to send them in. Can't forge something on someone else's rig, you know.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
    Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
    Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
    Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
    posted 08 August 2010 06:30 EDT (US)     10 / 94  
    True, but it would be easy for the defeated to just "forget" to take the screenshot...

posted 08 August 2010 11:18 EDT (US)     11 / 94  
    That's his loss then, as then the victor's would count with nothing to offset it... And the defeated would not gain his point.

Then again, if there is no honor among the clansmen, then there is no reason to have a clan either.

It could be required to post a screenie as well.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
    Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
    Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
    Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 08-08-2010 @ 11:20 AM).]

posted 08 August 2010 12:42 EDT (US)     12 / 94  
    Excellent point.

So, a replay or a screenie from both.

posted 10 August 2010 07:31 EDT (US)     13 / 94  
    so are we gonna have a match? anybody?
    ill go for high money
    im also going for an Alexander online match (just got it!)
    Oh yeah, and can someone comment on my AAR so i can continue?

The Dutch-Moroccan Wars
    posted 10 August 2010 16:03 EDT (US)     14 / 94  
    Looks like me and Punic are both better with our home factions: playing cwb on 10k budget, I beat him as the Britons against his Seleucids...

...then he beat me as Carthage against my Gauls. (Foresters are too expensive.)

The final upshot is that he keeps his title of champion.

Also, here are three other battles I fought earlier:

This one was the day before yesterday. The rules were: no eles no art, max 6 units, max 2 of the same, free for all (my favourite rule set). I came second and had the highest kills, but in the end I had barely any troops left and was up against Egypt, so... camicaze.

This was fought on the same rules, but my opponent only took four units. He overestimated Spartans against chariots and used basically all his money upgrading them.

Again the same rules; I exploited my mobility with barb cav and chariots to pick off various exposed units whenever two opponents engaged each other, and in the end it was me against the Scipii. I had three chariot units, he had three cohorts; he admitted defeat because he "got bored"... anyway, victory.

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 08-10-2010 @ 04:20 PM).]

posted 25 August 2010 03:51 EDT (US)     15 / 94  
    This clan is going nowhere fast

The Dutch-Moroccan Wars
    posted 25 August 2010 04:01 EDT (US)     16 / 94  
    Patience, my Epirot friend. I suspect the reason is that we haven't been online winning many battles; I have very limited bandwidth in this country. Tomorrow however I am going home, and then we'll see.

posted 25 August 2010 05:58 EDT (US)     17 / 94  
    I fear i will not be able to play many online games, for i am currently addicted to ETW. I shall soon be addicted to RTW once again.

The Dutch-Moroccan Wars
    posted 25 August 2010 06:19 EDT (US)     18 / 94  
    Empire's graphics fall just short of irresistible for me. It's the setting of Rome that makes it superior to all the other TW games in my opinion.

posted 25 August 2010 06:56 EDT (US)     19 / 94  
    i was kinda getting sick of the same old campaigns on RTW, so i decided to take a break. I do think that RTW is a better game then ETW though. One thing i dont like about ETW is that the soldiers are all the same once again (discluding the flag bearer and the drum guy) which shows a lack of creativity. Well, i think there alll the same.
    Anyway back to topics multiplayer only......

The Dutch-Moroccan Wars
    posted 25 August 2010 12:43 EDT (US)     20 / 94  
    I can play someone right now. Sorry for little updates, been busy with sports and such recently as school resumes soon.

posted 02 September 2010 08:05 EDT (US)     21 / 94  
    Welcome to the Clan, Nickel531!

posted 02 September 2010 08:10 EDT (US)     22 / 94  
    Finally, some progress
    oh yes, um sorry for spamming, but as i don;'t have enough replies to double post, can someone comeent on my war story?
    it's in my sig.
    I just dont want it to die, sorry for spamming.

The Dutch-Moroccan Wars
    posted 02 September 2010 08:22 EDT (US)     23 / 94  
    Certainly. Oh well, Liam got there first.

By the way, I'll play you online now.

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 09-02-2010 @ 08:22 AM).]

posted 02 September 2010 17:17 EDT (US)     24 / 94  
    Thanks Edorix!
    Edit: Today I played a very close battle in the name of Rome Total War Heaven. Unfortunatly I lost. But take a look for your self how.
    [PNG, (1.36 MB)]

I think it was the gods themselves, and also the huge archer numbers he had. They seemed to pour in at every chink in my phalnax line. I had 6 royal pikemen gold gold.
    Rules, no art, no ele, no urbans or pratorean cav, max 6 unit each. The map was extremely curvy, as he managed to "flank" my phalnax when it was barely showing. Oh well. Rome total war isn't perfect. My opponent was great though. He agreed on the historical inaccuracy of the urbans and praetorians, which i hate if i am not using them. Call me a hypocrite. He was really, really polite. Well, hope you arn't too mad.

In war, you ethier die hero, or live long enough to see yourself turn into a villan.-Anoynomous

[This message has been edited by Nickel531 (edited 09-02-2010 @ 07:33 PM).]

posted 02 September 2010 22:26 EDT (US)     25 / 94  
    Just think, if you had done a Scored Resolution battle, you would have won lol.

Defeats are inevitable, don't worry about them.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
    Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Multiplayer Discussion » RTWHeaven Clan
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Total War Heaven | HeavenGames