Medieval 2: Total War Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Third Age Total War- pictures, discussion, etc, etc
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 15 June 2009 12:46 EDT (US)   
The most beautiful mod since Stainless Steel has been out for a while. In a different thread I and a couple of others were dragging a thread off topic slightly, so I figured we could use a thread on this

Orders of the day include arguing over who Hoppy should do an AAR on, tactics against the trolls and of course beautiful pictures.

Couple of pics to get started-

Go

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Replies:
posted 15 June 2009 12:55 EDT (US)     1 / 71  
In a different thread I and a couple of others were dragging a thread off topic slightly, so I figured we could use a thread on this
Oh good, I won't have to give you a telling off after all.

I should really get round to downloading TATW. I have been too busy with vanilla to play any mods. I think once I have finished my Russian and Norwegian campaigns I will play some Third Age.
posted 15 June 2009 13:01 EDT (US)     2 / 71  
You must get it. You must!!!

My Gondor hotseat campaign. Please Help!

Under the White Tree A Gondor short story on the fall of Minas Tirith.
posted 15 June 2009 13:09 EDT (US)     3 / 71  
Only if there are needlessly overpowered Rohirrim I can play with.
posted 15 June 2009 13:43 EDT (US)     4 / 71  
I dunno if i'll bother with this yet, can you post some screenies of the campaign map?

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
posted 15 June 2009 14:16 EDT (US)     5 / 71  
Which of the Elven factions is the best because I've tried them and can't figure out which one I like more.

"I think the lesson here is: It doesn't matter where you're from, as long as we're all the same religion." - Peter Griffin

Danish Dreams
posted 15 June 2009 15:12 EDT (US)     6 / 71  
I probably prefer the High Elven Units but prefer the Silvan Elves campaign. That being said Mordor is the best. I never played as Rohirrim but i beleive they do have very good Cavalry, Andalus.
posted 15 June 2009 15:49 EDT (US)     7 / 71  
Has anybody used the 'toggle fow' cheat to see the Dark Lord's settlement in the Northeast of the map?

Has anyone done that and marched up there, and taken it?

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!
posted 15 June 2009 16:48 EDT (US)     8 / 71  
This is a very pretty mod!

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

posted 15 June 2009 16:52 EDT (US)     9 / 71  
Then email King Kong and compliment him on it.

If you want to go overboard, mail some money to him...or me

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

[This message has been edited by Glacier_Girl (edited 06-15-2009 @ 04:52 PM).]

posted 15 June 2009 18:26 EDT (US)     10 / 71  
The Dark Lord's province is in the NorthEastern part of the map? I was always wondering where he was hiding... Though I presume that if you'd like to attack it then a hideously OPed garrison script would pop up. As much as I love TaTW my nitpicks about it are that some factions lack mounted generals which allow practically entire armies to escape when they rout, and the lack of trade resources. However the trade resource problem can be easily countered by downloading a submod so hey, I'm happy.
posted 15 June 2009 18:32 EDT (US)     11 / 71  
What is the province called? Utumno?
posted 15 June 2009 18:32 EDT (US)     12 / 71  
I hate Mordor's cavalry-the fact that they have none, other than the Black Numoreaeans, and if all your Nazgul die, then you have no cavalry.

My generals frequently get over 900 prisoners after each battle. Of course, I execute all of them

posted 15 June 2009 19:52 EDT (US)     13 / 71  
Well you could either make Black Numuoreans trainable through modding, or you could download the immortal nazgul submod at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260218.
posted 15 June 2009 21:02 EDT (US)     14 / 71  
...or I could do both! Thanks for the link, I'll be giving that a shot.

posted 16 June 2009 09:40 EDT (US)     15 / 71  
Glacy, you can't march up there, it is surrounded by mountains so you will have to teleport up there. Though I can imagine that if you take that settlement he will stay in existence till you wipe out all of the followers of Melkor.

The settlement is called : SHOULD NOT BE SEEN
The region is called: Unseen Land

BTW, does anybody know how to install the latest version of RC/RR (June 15)?
posted 16 June 2009 12:04 EDT (US)     16 / 71  
beautiful mods like these make me wish I had kingdoms. I can't find it anywhere though

3 out of 4 scientists agree: everyone will die eventually. Lock your doors and hide in your closet!
posted 16 June 2009 14:28 EDT (US)     17 / 71  
Thanks, Cid, but from a Lotr Canonical point of view, a far north eastern fortress surrounded by mountains, sounds a lot like Utumno(Which technically wasn't a refuge for Sauron, but his master so i guess it is acceptable ).
posted 16 June 2009 15:24 EDT (US)     18 / 71  
Here is one location you can get it. Pretty nice price too

posted 16 June 2009 15:51 EDT (US)     19 / 71  
There is apparently a teleport cheat which allows you to move units from one square to another, and thus take the hidden settlement.

Edit: Or it may just be agents.

[This message has been edited by Andalus (edited 06-16-2009 @ 03:51 PM).]

posted 16 June 2009 17:11 EDT (US)     20 / 71  
Thanks, Cid, but from a Lotr Canonical point of view, a far north eastern fortress surrounded by mountains, sounds a lot like Utumno(Which technically wasn't a refuge for Sauron, but his master so i guess it is acceptable
No, I think it's literally just so you can't wipe out the Dark Lord, and so it doesn't interfere.

posted 16 June 2009 17:21 EDT (US)     21 / 71  
Yeah i understand why it is there and why it is defended as such, but i'm a nerd so i need to make it work with the lotr story xD.

Xuz i ar culah tahn u. lolololololol
posted 19 June 2009 16:45 EDT (US)     22 / 71  
Ah i downloaded it the other day. It is absolutely gorgeous; i have to say all of the towns and little doodads on the campaign map are expertly done and look even better than that of the original game. That being said, I do have several questions about it... Idk if anybody on this forum could answer em but might as well try

My first campaign is as the dwarves (my affinity for the dwarven race actual began with LOTR, oddly enough).

Upgrading attack: Does anybody know how to get a swordsmith, or if you can at all? Since many of the races (dwarves included) cant train cavalry, there must either be a different method, or no method at all, of attaining a weaponsmith.

Retraining Mercenaries: This actually may also apply to the original game as well; In what cities/castles can mercenary units be retrained? As the dwarves, the only cavalry units are mercenary dale cavalry, and I don't know how to retrain them. Can they only be retrained in any town in regions that they are hired from? I hope not b/c i have only about 1 unit in my armies on my main front, in the misty mountains, and that means id have to trek them halfway across the map to get them retrained.

Corruption: Does anybody else think the corruption rate is higher than normal?
posted 19 June 2009 18:10 EDT (US)     23 / 71  
I beleive the dwarves CAN get smithies but further than that i cannot help you (Of course, they should have excellent smithies, them and elves were the greatest smiths, other than the Vala Aule, in all of Ea)
posted 19 June 2009 19:32 EDT (US)     24 / 71  
Yeah they should be able to get weaponsmiths but i just dont know how. I hope it doesnt involve having to build other smithies, b/c almost none of the dwarf units can upgrade armor (so i havent built any at all).
posted 21 June 2009 07:25 EDT (US)     25 / 71  
I don't know. I don't think it matters about upgrading attack- the little buggers can cleave their way through most things. Mercenaries should be retrainable in areas you can hire them from- if they're in the mercenary pool (IE, you can hire them this instant). Corruption I haven't noticed either.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Total War Discussion » Third Age Total War- pictures, discussion, etc, etc
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames