Please login or register

Website Comments & Announcements
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, Scipii

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Welcome back to TWH Chonaman
posted 31 October 2007 07:08 EDT (US)   
Please give a warm welcome back to Chonaman who will be helping us out with RTW moderation & content. He was staff here before (twice) in the days of old and has a vast amount of experience with RTW. We all look forward to working with him here at TWH.
Time to update that sig of yours Chonaman!

Note that this is not related to the recently advertised posts.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

[This message has been edited by Gaius Colinius (edited 10-31-2007 @ 07:27 AM).]

Replies:
posted 31 October 2007 07:14 EDT (US)     1 / 24  
Who or what is Chonaman

How have you been?

Eerie, you come back on . . .

Halloween!

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
posted 31 October 2007 07:26 EDT (US)     2 / 24  
Huzzah!

house won this
posted 31 October 2007 07:26 EDT (US)     3 / 24  
The timing was semi-planned.

-Love Gaius

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw

posted 31 October 2007 09:15 EDT (US)     4 / 24  
Welcome back, Chonaman!

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
posted 31 October 2007 09:28 EDT (US)     5 / 24  
Welcome back Chonaman! Good luck!

Ahm Heribeus
Is a suits murmur
posted 31 October 2007 10:25 EDT (US)     6 / 24  
Ahhhhh... the good old days, I remember when Chonaman was part of the heaven before and helping out with everything. So Welcome Back ^^ and we so got to have a game and catch up on how RTW has changed over the years.

All Hail The Return Of The Chonaman, be glad you got this post today though since them damn Halloween effects reload even after I press refresh, so always got to try and chase the buttons.

Regards,
Scipii
posted 31 October 2007 10:53 EDT (US)     7 / 24  
Welcome back, Chonaman.
All Hail The Return Of The Chonaman, be glad you got this post today though since them damn Halloween effects reload even after I press refresh, so always got to try and chase the buttons.
Disable Javascript temporarily if you're having serious problems.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions
posted 31 October 2007 11:13 EDT (US)     8 / 24  
Sometimes for Javascript, you apparently have to hold down either shift or Crtl (depending on your browser) to reload it, but yes, disabling Javascript will get rid of it.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
posted 31 October 2007 11:52 EDT (US)     9 / 24  
But... my beautiful voice!

Welcome bac, Chonna!

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 31 October 2007 12:57 EDT (US)     10 / 24  
Hello, Chonaman.

Just as some bodies, from the moment of birth, are endowed with beauty, while on others nature from their very beginning bestows blemishes and wrinkles, so with souls too, some are distinguished at once with extreme grace and attractiveness, while others leave a trail of sombre and deep gloom. ~Michael Psellus, Chronographia
posted 31 October 2007 18:14 EDT (US)     11 / 24  
Ah, well. Thanks all for the welcome, whether out of appreciation for one of my previous lives in this forum, or because I seem to be a new and unknown apparition from an unknown quarter. LOL

Truth be told, the Total War games from RTW onward have been amazing games, and I have been a huge fan. I played mostly RTS games prior to RTW, but the Real Time Tactical aspects of the game captured me, and the campaign aspects of the game have kept me addicted for years, as they resemble the Civilization franchise for world domination, in a limited form.

Empire building games and games that represent battles in real time in a way that is realistic - well, that is about as good as it gets if you want to challenge yourself against the best - whether it be computer or human foe. The Total War games have done this well, and AFAIK, none have done it better. A great franchise to commit yourself to, if you like historically balanced battles with a twist that is interesting and not ridiculous.

Total War Heaven Former Angel Cherub and Long-Time Contributor
posted 01 November 2007 17:31 EDT (US)     12 / 24  
His Chonaman Nice to Meet you!
posted 01 November 2007 18:44 EDT (US)     13 / 24  
Thanks for the welcome. Indeed, who or what is Chonaman. The short answer is - someone who, like you has come to HG for information and camaraderie.

The longer answer is: I've been here for many years, and have found this a place where you can get great info from excellent players of any given game, and at the same time trade stories, strategies and other valuable information with your fellow players.

Heck, if you want to, you can talk trash or just hangout any way you want to. There are no extraordinarily restrictive rules to prevent you from going in directions that interest you here, you can even lurk without any worries. But I've found this to be mainly a gaming place, and a place where players come to swap stories and share useful information about the games they love. You can do more, and you can do less. Ultimately, it's up to you how you want to make the most of this community.

No matter what, after you're done working out in your chosen forum, you can sidle up to the HG Juice Bar and have a nice splash of Coke/Pepsi or anything else you prefer!

Whoops, I thought we had a Juice Bar. My bad!

posted 01 November 2007 21:35 EDT (US)     14 / 24  
posted 02 November 2007 18:51 EDT (US)     15 / 24  
Whoops, I thought we had a Juice Bar. My bad!
A TWH juice bar...

-Love Gaius

posted 03 November 2007 03:57 EDT (US)     16 / 24  
We just drain the blood out of people
What an idea!

posted 03 November 2007 16:42 EDT (US)     17 / 24  
you know what'd be sweet? A TWH Juice bar. And Chonoman. Wrapped up.

house won this
posted 04 November 2007 00:19 EDT (US)     18 / 24  
Well actually having the forum parties again, if they not happening, a TWH Juice Bar and Chonaman wrapped up into one. At this rate I'll be hosting the forum party myself, like I haven't got enough forum party ideas and stuff to investigate for our Company of Heroes section already.

Regards,
Scipii
posted 05 November 2007 18:34 EDT (US)     19 / 24  
Well actually having the forum parties again, if they not happening, a TWH Juice Bar and Chonaman wrapped up into one. At this rate I'll be hosting the forum party myself, like I haven't got enough forum party ideas and stuff to investigate for our Company of Heroes section already.
Sounds like we should talk. Forum parties are THE LIFE BLOOD of any gaming community, but they are also great fun for a social community. In the end, you can't lose unless you're an anti-social loser with no game. (Joking).

Let's figure out a way to get forum parties back and keeping things interesting around here. You've got my email and IM, yes? ;-)

posted 05 November 2007 23:07 EDT (US)     20 / 24  
Chonaman, check out the last few months, there were regular forum parties for a few weeks.

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
posted 06 November 2007 12:47 EDT (US)     21 / 24  
Yeah, sorry about that, I was forever saying to myself 'Let's pick this up again', but never really got round to it, or catching Gaius.

posted 06 November 2007 14:01 EDT (US)     22 / 24  
I was holding them until I went on hols in September and haven't been able to find time to do another since.

-Love Gaius

posted 06 November 2007 18:24 EDT (US)     23 / 24  
I hope every PLAYER here will consider playing in a forum party soon. We all love the game in some ways, but the ultimate gaming experience IMO is playing online - and with the incredible historical units we can play with in this series, it doesn't get a whole lot better. As I said, let's talk and get this going again in some fashion. I know the vets around these parts would love another go against the "fresh meat", and I know there are generals bristling with ambition and tactical twists they'd like to throw at the old guard.

There is no game out there to equal the TW series for accurately portrayed tactical warfare, even a few years after its release! Light your flaming arrows, charge your maddened warbands, and disregard the smell of the enemy!

posted 06 November 2007 18:55 EDT (US)     24 / 24  
If we can keep them going into December, then I will have time off and hopefully, new graphics card and Ram to let me play online (and MTWII)

Total War Heaven » Forums » Website Comments & Announcements » Welcome back to TWH Chonaman
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames