You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modification & Editor Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: RTW BArbarian Invasion faction playable's
posted 29 November 2008 19:51 EDT (US)   
Well I'm trying to make the celts playable but I dont know where the file for that is since it's an expansion of the vannila version so any help would be appresheated .

“We call Japanese soldiers fanatics when they die rather than surrender, whereas American soldiers who do the same thing are called heroes” - Robert Maynard Hutchins

“The notion that human life is sacred just because it is human life is medieval.” - Peter Singer

[This message has been edited by Lasting men (edited 11-29-2008 @ 07:52 PM).]

Replies:
posted 29 November 2008 19:55 EDT (US)     1 / 12  
The folder path is Rome Total War/bi/world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion

Inside is the file descr_strat.txt. Open it, and cut and paste Celts from non-playable to playable.
posted 29 November 2008 20:00 EDT (US)     2 / 12  
Thanks!

“We call Japanese soldiers fanatics when they die rather than surrender, whereas American soldiers who do the same thing are called heroes” - Robert Maynard Hutchins

“The notion that human life is sacred just because it is human life is medieval.” - Peter Singer
posted 01 December 2008 08:53 EDT (US)     3 / 12  
As a side note this only works for factions that are present at the start of the game. For example it won't work for the Romano British. If you want to play as an emergent faction you have to use Epistolary Richard's All Factions mod.

Hussarknight
posted 04 December 2008 17:56 EDT (US)     4 / 12  
And you can download that here.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

posted 04 December 2008 20:45 EDT (US)     5 / 12  
One thing that disappointed me was that I could not become a horde as the Celts. (I found out the hard way by leaving my towns and letting them revolt, and lost the campaign lol)
posted 05 December 2008 15:04 EDT (US)     6 / 12  
That's not how you horde. If you have one city then you select the "horde" button in order to horde your faction.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

posted 05 December 2008 15:21 EDT (US)     7 / 12  

You can only horde with the Franks, Alemanni (?), Goths, Vandals, Huns, Sarmatians, and Roxolani. And I know I've forgotten one - probably a faction not there at the start of the game.
And even if you could horde with the Celts (whatever they are supposed to be in this game, at least) the North Sea would stop you from getting very far

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b
posted 05 December 2008 17:41 EDT (US)     8 / 12  
Alemanni (?)
Cannot horde, no.
And I know I've forgotten one - probably a faction not there at the start of the game.
Slavs. You also forgot the Lombardi and Burgundians.
And even if you could horde with the Celts ... the North Sea would stop you from getting very far
So you build boats first, of course...
posted 05 December 2008 17:55 EDT (US)     9 / 12  
Lombardi and Burgundians
As I found out horribly on a Saxon campaign...
And even if you could horde with the Celts
Hmm... am I right in thinking that you could mod it so that a faction can horde?

Exilian Patrician
| SotK |

Valour is the contempt of death and pain. - Tacitus
posted 05 December 2008 18:00 EDT (US)     10 / 12  
I was just thinking that. It would be relatively simple. Basically, after editing a few files, you would just have to clone a few units for hording. Horde Spearmen, Horde Gallowglasses, Horde Chariots... you get the idea.

[This message has been edited by Andalus (edited 12-05-2008 @ 06:01 PM).]

posted 05 December 2008 18:10 EDT (US)     11 / 12  
I thought so. I might do that tomorrow when I'm bored all day, due to having to stay at home all day :/.

Exilian Patrician
| SotK |

Valour is the contempt of death and pain. - Tacitus
posted 05 December 2008 20:39 EDT (US)     12 / 12  
Hording is easy to turn on.

In Descr_SM_Factions.txt you must add the following code between custom_battle_availability" and "can_sap"

horde_min_units60
horde_max_units100
horde_max_units_reduction_every_horde 20
horde_unit_per_settlement_population300
horde_min_named_characters4
horde_max_percent_army_stack 80
horde_disband_percent_on_settlement_capture33
horde_disband_percent_on_settlement_capture50
horde_disband_percent_on_settlement_capture100
horde_unit[horde unit]

You can have any number of horde units listed. The more often a unit is listed, the more of them will spawn when the faction hordes. Use the Type line in Export_Descr_Unit.txt to denote the units.

The horde symbol that appears on the unit card must be manually added.

Horde units need the "can_horde" attribute in Export_Descr_Unit.txt. They will still horde without it, but will not disband when the horde settles. You also have to manually set their upkeep to 0.
Total War Heaven » Forums » Game Modification & Editor Discussion » RTW BArbarian Invasion faction playable's
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames