Please login or register

Rome Strategy Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Plague pisses me off!!!!
posted 06 October 2005 14:40 EDT (US)   
Well, i was the Brutii in long campain. i had huge city with all the buildings for croton and 34596`population. Then plague, eventually i only had 498 people left. Wadda i do about plague!!!!!!!!!!!
Replies:
posted 06 October 2005 16:36 EDT (US)     1 / 14  
Wait it out. After a certain number of turns it goes away. You shouldn't lose THAT many people. Don't transfer any characters or units in or out or you can spread it/keep it going longer.

[This message has been edited by Themistocles472 (edited 10-06-2005 @ 04:36 PM).]

posted 06 October 2005 17:08 EDT (US)     2 / 14  
There's no "cure" for plague, but you can take preventitive measures. Build health related buildings such sewers, baths, and aqueducts. If your city becomes severly overpopulated, recruit several units of peseants and move them to a city that is underpopulated or that you want to build up quickly, and disband the units once inside the city.

Some cities, such as Theselonica in Macedonia, will get the plague because of a triggered event, and there's no way to prevent it. I believe that's the only city it happens to; if there are others I haven't played the game long enough into it to notice any others.

(¯`•._.•[ .:^:. ]•._.•´¯)
¨‘°ºO.:.Oº°‘¨
KaiserWinterfeldt ¨‘°ºO.:.Oº°‘¨
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt & Jet Jetboy Winterfeldt
(¯`•._.•[ .::. ]•._.•´¯)
(¯`•.__.•´¯)
(¯v¯)
posted 06 October 2005 19:38 EDT (US)     3 / 14  
Pavatium gets slammed a little after the Marius reforms.
posted 07 October 2005 00:09 EDT (US)     4 / 14  
Are you sure you posted in the right thread?

(¯`•.__.•´¯)
(¯v¯)
posted 07 October 2005 09:28 EDT (US)     5 / 14  
As scripted events, there is "Plague in Macedonia", "Plague in Alexandria", "Plague in Asia Minor" and "Plague in Italy". They respectively occur in 260s BC, late 100s BC, mid 100s BC and early 100s BC if I remember correctly.

"War does not decide who is right... only who is left." -Bertrand Russell
posted 07 October 2005 12:51 EDT (US)     6 / 14  
IIRC Alexandria is right around 200, maybe 205 BC. I think macedonia is 256*, but 260's is close enough. Know not to put family members there at that time if you own it.

[This message has been edited by Themistocles472 (edited 10-13-2005 @ 02:46 AM).]

posted 12 October 2005 20:13 EDT (US)     7 / 14  
I've actually had the (dis) pleasure of getting hit with plagues several times, two of my settlements having been hit twice over the course of a campaign. Patavium took a couple of big hits early on, then Iuvavum got it, and Lovosice got hit twice within the space of 20 turns. The loss in production alone is a b****.

However, I think there might be uses for it. For instance, I could send off an infected spy to infiltrate an enemy city or two in hopes of touching off an epidemic on their side. I might even send an infected unit onto a navy to have that navy blockade a port or engage in a few battles (suicide mission).

posted 13 October 2005 00:29 EDT (US)     8 / 14  
Send a spy into a plagued city, then put him on the boat, then the boat becomes infected and you can continue using it to decimate your too fast growing population centers and enemy territories.
posted 13 October 2005 14:00 EDT (US)     9 / 14  
I think a carthagian town on scicly keeps getting plague shortly after i start. Is this scripted too?
posted 13 October 2005 14:42 EDT (US)     10 / 14  
Lilybeaum? No. It's not scripted. But at the same time, I've never had Lilybeaum get the plague early in the campaign.

(¯`•.__.•´¯)
(¯v¯)
posted 13 October 2005 15:46 EDT (US)     11 / 14  
oh, then i muz be realli unlucky -_-. Or some spy wants to cause trouble...
posted 21 October 2005 10:32 EDT (US)     12 / 14  
KaiserWinter is right... all you can do is to build many sewers and such... if the city is all ready infected..... wieght it out and dont move any1 in or out
posted 25 October 2005 15:10 EDT (US)     13 / 14  
Plague is the most devastating weapon in your favour in Rome TW. Every out break of plague in your cities is a blessing in disguise that should be cultivated.
Infect 2 spies, send them into the strongest enemy faction's cities, infect them, take them out the same turn, and next turn swop them over. This prevents your spy from being cured. Keep sending new spies to the infected towns, as they will eventually succumb to their disease. I've virtually destroyed Egypt (3 cities with 33000+ populations), the most powerful faction, with 10 spies, and not even been at war with them. If every town is diseased, they lose nearly 10,000 population each turn...

Pax Romana.. Pax Britannia.. Pax Americana..INTERREGNUM RHOOPSIUM
posted 25 October 2005 15:37 EDT (US)     14 / 14  
Building public health buildings even during the plague seems to hasten its end.

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Strategy Discussion » Plague pisses me off!!!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames