You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome Strategy Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Strategy Discussions: What was your...
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07 November 2005 19:17 EDT (US)   
This post is intended for all of us to learn from each other as many Great Generals usually learn from the past battles (victory or defeat). Please also indicate what faction you were playing, who was it against, and why had it turned out this way. If you are offended by this post please DO NOT reply (I just want to learn more about different strategies). Anyways, here are the questions:

1. What was your most glorious victory?
2. What was your narrowist victory?
3. What was your most heroic defeat (sacrafice oneself to save others, narrow defeat, vastly outnumbered, etc.)
4. What was your most humiliating defeat (stupid mistakes, battles you think you should have won, etc.)?

It is time to step up and take what's yours.
Replies:
posted 07 November 2005 21:23 EDT (US)     1 / 32  
Well my most glorious defeat was when i was ambushed by the AI.

They were the egyptions and i was premarian rome.
normal unit size, one of my first campaigns

My unts: 4 hastati. 1 principe. 2 libyan mercs. 1 equites. 1 general. 1 legionary cavalry. 2 cretans. 1 merc hoplite

There units: 5 nile spearmen. 3 desert axman. 2 desert cavalry. 2 nudian spearmen. 1 slinger. 1 archer. 2 heavy chariots. 1 general. 1 nubian cavalry

The battle began with the enemy troops all to my upper left corner, my troops were in a collumn. I knew the battle would be a defeat and i wanted to keep most of my army alive so i could fight again another day. i deployed my merc hoplites in a thin line and sent forward my skirmishers, i realised i had the great archer range with my cretans so i deployed htme on a slight rise with my cavalry deployed there. My principe and 2 hastasti moved completely off the field as quickly as possible, and i kept my other 2 hastati about half the distance between the end and my units. The libyans at first had some success because one of there chariot units charged forward and was almost completely wiped out. But they were over taken. the first units ot hit my hoplites were the axman and the first unit was caught in front of them and was in archer range and was worn down but the enemy forces archers and slingers and there numbers destroyed by merc hoplites.

They now made a approach on my cavalry and archers. There chariots were being cut down and they were left with only 1 or 2 left other then the 3 with the general. There nubians were taking some casualties and so were the niles, the desert axman were at a run and when the unit of nubian cavalry also began running they were routed by arrows. The general and the desert cavs were farther behind. I was happy to see that the desert axman were all alone up front and i charged into them as they neared me with my cavalry. 1 unit routed and another was destroyed but the rest were spared because i pulled my cav back in fear of the chariots. my archers now chewed up the spears, but as the enemy neared pulled back, my equites were sent charging the remaining chariots (including the general who'd just arrived near the front) and i sent my general againstt he two nubians ont he left flank. The cretans were able to make it away i time and the two nubians were routed. the chariots were all destroyed and the general killed.

So now the enemy wa sleft with what was basicly 3 nile spears 1 desert ax 2 desert cavalry the slings and archers. My cavalry now retreated to behind the hastati and i brought my cretans to the edge of the map. as they neared my hastati i hurled my pila against the axman and then charged routing htem. I still had pila left so i flung it against a enemy nile unit. It was now down to about 10 men and i charged and routed it. But now there desert cavalry came into the fray and began cutting my men down. seeing that they would not hold longer is ent in my equites (my only reinforcements in the area was a 2 units of equites) and got some breathign room for my men. Now the hastati were ordered to pull out completely and i brought my general out. The cretans were ordered out too, the equites now routed and the enemy persued so i charged them with my legion cavalry causing them to slow and then fall back some. Now i pulled them out ending the battle.

Statisticly i won and i had also won int he my plan but it was a blemish on a few of my untis who now lost there ratings (same with my general). Also i had prided my self on my successful campaign so far with few defeats and now i had lost.

The reasons why i had lost if because i had not been in a chosen position in which i would have wrecked havoc on the enemy.

I may post later with my heroic victories or what have you but i must leave now

posted 08 November 2005 01:52 EDT (US)     2 / 32  
the most glorious victory i had was when i was playing the macadonian campaign(still playing the macedonian campaign).i devasted the two factions the scipii and the brutii on the penensula and was on road to rome. when i reached rome i had to face around 700 men of theirs comprising of principies and hastaties and the 5 generals with an average experience of 2 chevrons.i had 4 battlions of royalpikemen and 2 of phalanx pikemen and 3 squadrons of macedonian cavalry and one companion and 1 general with 7 stars. i laid seige on rome with the onagers two of them and got through the wall my pikes got engaged in hand to hand combat and i charged my cavalry from behind as i had two openings in the walls.i routed their 4 battlions of principies and 2 battlions of hastati. now i had to face the generals and 2 more battlions of principies. i onemore engaged them in hand to hand combat with the phalanx and when they were ready to fire the pila i charged my cavalry and got them routed as well all this happened in the town square. now with their general in combat with the companions i had the macedonian cavalrys job done in killing the routing units i once more charged them towards the general and killed all of them.this was a heroic victory and the best i had against the odds of the stone wall which kills my units like anything wiht the burning oil and their arrows .apart from that i was worried about the hastati and the principies their first attack is very lethal.but nyways this is it i will tell you more about my defeats later. it is a very good post you have made .also share your experiences with us. and no one feels offended by the post . its good to share our experiences.

SIGN
AlexanderTheGreat
posted 08 November 2005 11:46 EDT (US)     3 / 32  
most glorious defeat was on medium, but so what. I had a general and two units of peasants defending ancyra against the brutal seleucid empire. The general got shot by arrows, but the peasants bravely defended the central square till the last man and even took out their general, who was quit a good one. Ancyra might be lost, but the enemy lost their main army leader.

"One day, my quotes will stand in signatures"
Sjonnie

Quod licet Iovi non licet bovi

posted 08 November 2005 12:03 EDT (US)     4 / 32  
I'm actually somewhat embarrassed by this loss, but...

My Brutii general was leading a group of 2 Equites, 3 Sarmatians, and 3 Horse Archers to the most-northeastern Parthian province (forgive, I can't remember the name). I had no infantry, for I was expecting to pick up more mercs along the way, but I didn't have any and my impatience meant I must do with what I had... so I laid seige (and obviously couldn't get any seige equipment, since I had no infantry).

They sallied... Some hillmen, some archers, and some Eastern Infantry appear from the gates, and I sent my Scythian mercs to skirmish with the enemy. Their EI charged my Scythians, so my Sarmatians charged through the flank of their EI, and they routed. With them routing, I sent my Equites to charge their archers, and the Sarmatians to charge their hillmen... both rout. I'm feeling pretty good about myself, wiping out their infantry, and only leaving their horsemen left... when I'm noticing my general was under missile attack... but from where? I'm watching the archers run away, the general is too far from the gates, I don't understand it... then my Scythian mercs are also under missile fire, and they're not doing anything either...

CLASSIC MISTAKE!! I got so caught up in fighting their infantry that came from the front gates, that I was outflanked by the Parthian horsemen and they were wiping out my troops!! I finally sent my Equites and Sarmatians into battle, but the Parthian horse archers were too many, and already peppered my troops mightily... I lost, most of my guys were dead, and my general ran away in shame...

I was impressed that the AI was smart enough to sneak out of another gate, outflank me, and shoot my boys down while I was routing their infantry...

posted 08 November 2005 13:26 EDT (US)     5 / 32  
1. What was your most glorious victory?
It was my force for moving into Gaul. I had around 950 men, hastati, equites, velites, some wardogs, and my general. The enemy was a Gallic captian, I forget his name, who directed 850-900 men, split into 2 armies. We met on the grassy plains outside Narbo Martius.
I had my troops on a slight elevation, so if the Gauls charged me they'd head a little uphill. I positioned my Velites on one thing that was like a ledge, a rock where they were elevated and could easy chuck javelins at the Gauls, they were protected by hastati. Hastati made up my front lines and I sent more to the left, as I sent my Equites and a couple hastati and my unit of wardogs to the right, from where the Gallic re-inforcements were coming. My General was in the back.
They came at me with Swordsmen and warband, a couple barbarian cavalry too. They had around 400 men. First they moved to the left, under arrow fire. Then they headed towards my cavalry. I charged at them, with success. They moved back, as did I. I went out and charged back in while they moved forward, as I used my hastati as bait. I flanked them there and then my Hastati to the left took care of the druids.
Then their second army, 350-400 men. Same units, Barbarian Cavalry, warband and swords. My velites used all their ammo eliminating 50-100. Then my hastati came around the rock and killed the swordsmen. But what was left tried moving around or flanking my cavalry. I lead the charge with my general, then my equites, then eventually my hastati.
It was an absolutely glorious victory. All of them died accept 44, and I only lost 30 men.

2. What was your narrowist victory?
An extermination project in spain. 121 peasants gathered in Spain near Carthago Nova, my town. I sent out 55 equites to destroy the peasants. Since they were disobedient only 20 of them survived after wiping out the peasants, eventually.

3. What was your most heroic defeat?
As the Selucids, I lost a battle to Egypt. I set up my only silver shield hoplites up in a line, with only a small number of archers and cavalry (I was outnumbered 3-2). I sacrificed my silver shield hoplites on elephant mercenaries, when they were flanked by nile cavalry. I lost shortly after, when I routed because my general was killed in a charge.

4. What was your most humiliating defeat?
Selucids seiging Susa. We had chariots at the front of the line approaching the town square. They were hit by javelins and ran amok right through my army out the gates. Then I lost because the javelineer units were too fast for my last hoplites

Caesar was once a boy, but not every boy is a Caesar.

[This message has been edited by LLXerxes (edited 11-08-2005 @ 01:29 PM).]

posted 08 November 2005 15:36 EDT (US)     6 / 32  
OFF TOPIC: Hey! Alexander, couldn't help notice that you were an Indian. I finally found another Countryman who likes RTS games.

I live in Delhi, where do you live?

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42
posted 08 November 2005 20:14 EDT (US)     7 / 32  
1. What was your most Glorious Victory?

I was playing as the Julii in the Imperial Campaign (medium difficulty). Although the time was Post-Marian, I still have a handful of the old troops left. Anyways, here is how it happened:

After conquering all of Dacia, Thrace immediately start attacking my newly conquered towns. At first, it was only half-garrisoned army led by captains but after suffering 3 continuous defeats, they began to send their good Generals against me. Since my new towns were not ready yet, I have grouped some of the old army under 1 banner (5 Hastati, 3 Equites, 1 for Captain Titus as I had No Generals, 1 Velites, and 3 Principes) and guard my towns until they 'matured' into cities--then disband them to save $$. However, the Thracians wasted no time as they send their best General (forgot name but at least 8 Command star and was called the Great). His army was Huge, comprising of 4 Phalanx Pikemen, 5 Falxmen, 2Archers, 2Peltasts, 4Greek Cavalry, a super General, and 2 Bastarnae. Thinking I would lose for sure, my only hope was to kill off the General and take as much men with me as possible before my army was destroyed.

Anyways, as the battle begins, I stuck to my plan and waited for their charge, then I would concentrate all my forces on the General. The plan worked out perfectly! The enemy infantry charged my line while their cavalry spread to the sides, trying to surround me. However, this method created a gaping hole between the General and the rest of his men as he lagged behind with his archers behind him. I immediately charged all my forces through the enemy gaps and right at the General and hoped for a miracle. Although the enemy came back to attack me from behind, destroying/routing a few of my troops, I was able to kill their General within seconds. Afterwards, I am not sure what really happened but here it goes.

After the death of the Enemy General, my routing units all came back and charged the enemy units from behind, picking them up one by one, but leaving the slow and cumbersome plalanx units for "desert". It doesn't take long before the "faster" enemy units routed like they had seen a ghost and my army immediately turned and attacked the remaining confused and spread out Phalanx units one at a time in all 4 directions (using weaker infantry as bait and charged them with cavalry from behind always worked). After the Plalanx were destroyed/routed, I charged full force at the remaining routing units (some foolishly running in circles).

In the end, Although losing half of my army, I was able to kill off over 3 quarters of the Thracian Army (the rest melted into thin air and off my map), earning me a heroic victory and the most memoriable victory in the entire history of my campaigns.

Anyways, I do have 2 questions to ask for your opionion:

1. The Thracians still heavily outnumbered me when their General died, which means I could have been defeated if they had not routed. Why then, did they rout so fast?

2. Since my little army earned me a crushing victory, should I go ahead and dispand it (my army was already small to begin with) or add more units to strengthen it and make it a formiddable force?

Although I like the smell of victories (especially this one), the situation of this battle really confused me though. Anyways, more answers will come soon.

posted 09 November 2005 00:31 EDT (US)     8 / 32  
1:Most glorious victory.
In one as carthage my elite army of poenies, sacred band cavalry and onagers was attacked by three roman armies in quick succession.

I lined up my infantry and onagers but hid my cavalry in the trees to the left and right of my main line.

As soon as the romans passed them, were close enough to make the onagers useless and my infantry were hunkerd down with shields at port, I let my cavalry loose into their rear.

About 4 losses to all my cavalry, and 8 to my infantry.
Repeat this 2 more times and you get my best victory.

Sir, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
Swallow my pride? No thank you, Im too full of myself.
I bring you nothing but love and a shopping bag full of sexual depravity.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Tied with Meteora (****er) for Best Sig Award.
posted 09 November 2005 00:55 EDT (US)     9 / 32  
as long as we're stating sp matches here....
Picture having 3 units of hastati 1 of velite and 1 general...
Facing about 20 units spear warband as swordsmen.

. /\
H G H
. H

/\= velites in wedge formation
Somehow I won as all of a sudden just when I was about to get desperate his entire army started to rout, my velites and general killed about a thousand of them chasing the rout (large units).

-Medieval 2 Total War

Feyre: RTW grandmaster, I challenge any- and everyone who disputes my claim.

posted 09 November 2005 01:53 EDT (US)     10 / 32  
Hey Thantos i live in mumbai. happy to meet you

SIGN
AlexanderTheGreat
posted 10 November 2005 17:10 EDT (US)     11 / 32  
Most humiliating defeat (also one of my worst defeats)

It was near the beginning of my gaulic campaign. I had made a large army to attack Germania. It consisted of 2 skirmisher warbands 1 forester 4 warbands 2 naked barbarians and 1 sword warband plus 2 barb cavalry and my general. I think it was one of my largest armies during this period.

As I neared there town I spotted a enemy army that I decided I would attack. In my previous campaign as the Romans I came into no contact with them. It was made up of 3 spear warbands 1 skimisher 1 cavalry a general and a naked barbarian.

They deployed their forces in a line with 2 of the spears on the rightwith a naked barbarian on the left with the last spear to the left of them. The skirmishers were out front and the cavalry and general were behind the e. I attacked quickly sending my skirmishers at theirs, i deployed my archers to the left of their line so as to flank the enemy spears. My warbands were sent against their right and my naked barbarians against their naked barbarians. I sent my swordsmen at their last spear wardband. My cavalry were sent to the right of their army.

The battle started well, with my skirmishers trouncing theirs. I sent mine against their spears ahead of my warbands, which still charged head long. My naked's hit the enemies and almost immediatly routed them, but I had lost track of their cavalry which now flew into the naked's. My swords hit the front of the enemy spears, I had not heard of how resiliant the enemy spears were and i was surprised when my two barb cav were unable to break them. In fact they were almost completely slaughtered, My naked barbs and swordsmen were routing now, so I sent my skirmishers to the right against them to stall them and hope my warbands would slaughter their spears in time. yet again I under estmated the enemy. My archers were my only real hope but I had left them unprotected and the cavalry charged them too. Now all i had were those skirmishers who were overflowed by the enemies returned naked barbarians.

And so i may have killed 50 or so, and i lost EVERY single man except for 3 cavalrymen and my general.

posted 10 November 2005 17:27 EDT (US)     12 / 32  
You call that humiliating? I once lost a battle with a full stack of Spartan Hoplites, against Britannia and Gaul, both with full stacks of peasants and warbands.

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein
posted 10 November 2005 17:49 EDT (US)     13 / 32  
That needs a explanation
posted 10 November 2005 21:12 EDT (US)     14 / 32  
I was having a bad day and I was a beginner.......?

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein
posted 18 November 2005 19:19 EDT (US)     15 / 32  
2. My Narrowist Victory:

This goes way back when I first played the Scipii campaign. After destroying Carthaginian and Numidian Faction, I moved my armies eastwards. My Faction Leader was Quintus the Great and he was a 63 year old 10 star general. Anyways, here is how it happened.

Half way through the desert, the Egyptians attacked by setting a blockade on the port of Carthage. I was then assigned a new mission from SPQR, take Siwa and I would be richly rewarded. So, I marched 2 full stack armies (my most elite), one led by Quintus himself and the other led by Flavius the Honest (Quintus' son). Quintus had 8 Hastati, 2 Principes, 2 Equites, 4 Archer Auxilia, 1 Ballastae, 2 Onagars and a General. Flavius had 5 Hastati, 3 Principes, 2 Triarii, 2 Hoplite Mercenaries, 4 Roman Archers, 2 Mirmillo Gladiators (as gifts from early victories), 1 Equites and a General. Please note that this was the first time I faced the Egyptians and had no clue about their units and strengths (I was new to the game too).

As my armies finally marched towards Siwa, I sent Flavius up north to capture a rebel town (forgot name) to add more land. This is when the Egyptians send a full-stack army and attacked my faction leader. The Egyptians had a Chariot General, 3 Nile Cavalry, 2 Desert Cavalry, 4 Egyptian Chariots, 2 Nile Spearmen, 2 Archers, 2 Pharoah's bowmen, and 4 Desert Axemen.

When the battle begins, I activated the "Fire at Will" option to all my Hastati, Principes and my siege while igniting my archers and siege. With this set, I let my army sit and wait for them to come. Without warning, the Egyptians charged at me like thunder (They were faster than any enemies I have faced at this time--Carthage and Greek Cities). The Romans fought bravely but were taking heavy casulties eventhough my Siege weapons were able to kill off a large section of their army. Within seconds, many of my units started to rout and the enemy started in hot pursuit. My siege engineers had also abondoned their positions and ran like little girls, leaving me without siege. However, this had left some of their slower infantry to lag behind as my archers resumed positions and fired at them. Seeing this, the cavalry units including the murderous Chariots returned to support their infantry. This would be the turning point of the war.

As the Egyptians charged towards my archers, many of my Hastatis and 1 Principes returned and immediately charged (along with General) them from behind, using the archers as bait. The idea is that if the Egyptians attempt to attack my infantry, they will run away while my archers shoot their backs, then reverse when they changed directions. After repeating this several times, I was able to isolate, encicle and kill off their general (Faction Heir) and delt a huge blow to their morale. However, my archers had ran out of missles at this time and had to use their weak meelee attack. The remaining Cavalry continued to fight and there was a point where they almost killed my General with their Chariot charge.

During the last phase of this battle, I had only 1 General (Quintus himself--all his bodyguards died), 3 Hastati (2 units each), 2 Archers (3 units) and 1 Principes (1 unit) while the Egyptians had 2 Chariots and one Nile Cavalry. I used the same method as above, this time mainly using my archers as bait while my other units attacked them from behind. After a while of exhausting battle, I was finally able to rout the remaining Egyptian Army and scored a Narrow Victory. My units could hardly move at all when victory was finally announced.

This battle was the Most Intense battle I have fought until this day. Although both sides took heavy casulties, my Army was left intact while the enemy army melted away. Also, I immediately ordered Flavius to abandon his original task and attacked Siwa. Because the Egyptian Army in the West was severely weakened (the rest were too busy fighting the Seleucids), I was able to conquer Siwa with ease and claimed my price.

posted 18 November 2005 19:29 EDT (US)     16 / 32  
My narrowest victory was my 13 men against the enemy's 501. I was attacking . I had a single general against 1 Hastati, 2 Samnite Mercs, 1 Velites, 1 Town Watch and 1 Peasants. They about 5 Hastati and Vibius Brutus survived.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
posted 18 November 2005 19:46 EDT (US)     17 / 32  
My most glorius victory is when I was the premarius Brutii defending a city from the Egyptians. H/H They had a spy my city and the gate was open. I knew they were going to abandon ther siege equiptment so I stacked about 4 units of principes and a mercanary hoplite in the gateway and put a mercanary peltasts, 2 rhodian slingers, a roman archer, and a creatan archer both set on fire on my walls. I had two units of stack triarii next to the gates ready to flank. I also had two units of equites stacked and on the opposite flank. I had no general. Their moral was reduced by the fire. The first unit they chged was a desert calvalry. It was wavering and when it hit my hoplites they took a few casualties and routed. The army soon followed until they only had their chariot general and chariot archers left that didnt charge . I charged my equites out and took some casualties but killed their general and their chariots routed. I chased down all the routers and in the end they killed 7 and I killed over 700. This happened today so I know my numbers.

"The most virtuous are those who content themselves with being virtuous without seeking to appear so."-Plato
posted 19 November 2005 09:30 EDT (US)     18 / 32  
My greatest victory was as the carthaginians facing a new enemy to me, the Seliciuds. This was my second non-Roman campaign (it had taken me a long time to figure out how to mod all factions. and also to beat the game because I had quite often become discouraged and quit haha.) The first had been gaul and I had had no contact with the Seliciuds.

So far in the campaign I had taken much of africa and was in battle against Egypt, most of spain was mine and I and the Julii were ont he verge of defeating the gauls comepletly. I also held Sicily and the Peloponnesian peninsula and Crete. I had sailed north of the Egyption territory in hopes of taking them to battle of 2 oppisite sides of there empire. But i landed and found only the gray of the seliciuds.

My army had a general, 2 sacred band cavalry, 1 longshield cavalry, 2 baleraric slingers, 3 poeni infintry, 1 sacred band infintry, 2 libyan infintry, and 3 spanish mercanaries. (large unit size.) The enemy army was made up of 2 levy phalanx, 3 regular phalanx, 3 scythed chariots, 2 companian cavalry, a general, and a elephant.

The battle started out with me going around their army with my sacred bands (a tactic I ussualy used) but I was in for a nasty surprise, their skythed chariots charged and completely routed my men. Now all Ihd was my infintry, my general and Longshields. I had my libyan infintry formed up thin in front, witht he poeni froemd behind them, and the left flank anchored with the sacred band infintry. The slingers were deployed 1 on each side. I had my spanish mercs moving towards there left. I now sent my mercs back, and took one unit of poeni out of the formation. I deployed the poeni in a thin 3 deep line facing their scythed chariots. The chariots now charged and were halted on the spears. And my spanish infintry deployed behind the Poeni now charged forward and slaughtered them. I now sent my spanish infintry forward against one of there pahlanxes and the two levies. My men hurled there javelins and then withdrew behind the poenis. The three enemy pike formations now moved forward weakened by the barrage, and were halted by the stretched poeni. Now my spanish infintry went around the flank and routed/slaughtered the enemy.

On the other side of the battle the enemy marched towards my main line, the Two pha;anxed hit the center and right of my line (the oppisite side of my sacred band) and began chewing my libyans up, the other libyan unit was attacked by the companians/general. I now charged my 2 reamaning poeni and, sent my sacred bands forward. the poeni routed the enemy cavalry, but the other unit was halted on enemy pikes. My cavalry now went around and struck one of theunits and my sacred band struck the other. This resulted in the enemies rout. Now all i faced was some ele's. I charged with all my spears and enclosed them in a tight sqaure, where they all died.

im not sure about my casualties but other then then my sacred band cavalry and the libyans it was very little. This was along time ago and it taught me some respect for the scythed chariots.

posted 19 November 2005 14:04 EDT (US)     19 / 32  
I'm not sure if i should class this as a narrow victory or a heroic defeat:

As saxons on BI i'd captured all of briton, so the romano-britsh were triggered to appear and they took londinium with ease so in my conter attack, I was winning when...the AI ambushed me and i lost all my infantry, so I lost in the end BUT the next turn lodinium revolted because i'd killed of so many units in that battle, and the romano-british were destroyed!

posted 19 November 2005 14:11 EDT (US)     20 / 32  
Im a very impatient person and cannot wait for things. I use the empire earth table of order. Swords better than archers. Archers better than spear. Spear better than swords.

I work it that way and just charge my men into the enemy. Usualy win suprisingly

bag of weed - £40
skins - 99p
new muse cd - £6
getting stoned out your head on your night off listening to tunes
PRICELESS
"Well I've already been under and on top of 5 women at this point of my life so I guess it evens out." - DominicusUltimus
posted 19 November 2005 14:39 EDT (US)     21 / 32  
^_^ but you don't always have archers/swords or spears do you? (and what happened to cav??)
posted 19 November 2005 14:51 EDT (US)     22 / 32  
cav is same cav sword beats cav archer. cav acher beats cav spear cav spear beats cav swords. I know this isnt the standard for RTW but honestly ive played EE that much its hard to come out lol. And since i continue to play EE its hard for me. Either that or im dumb. Im putting my money on dumb

bag of weed - £40
skins - 99p
new muse cd - £6
getting stoned out your head on your night off listening to tunes
PRICELESS
"Well I've already been under and on top of 5 women at this point of my life so I guess it evens out." - DominicusUltimus
posted 19 November 2005 15:04 EDT (US)     23 / 32  
most glorious awsome vitory against the selucids from egypt. i had two units of pharo spears (half strenght), 4 generals, 1 unit od nubian cavelry and one unit of desert axemen in antioch. massive selucid army 1st attempt i tryed to make sure they ddint get throught the walls i died.
2nd attempt i blocked a road with my spears and the enimy piled on making the spears in the middle and back of the pile useless, my generals pepering the enimy over the houses with arrows. Then i did a text book flanking manouver with my axemen and caverly routing them all in a compress and smahing there army apart. just in time as they had just broken through my spear line. i lost ym pharo spears which was annoying as i had to get them from the nile.
posted 19 November 2005 17:31 EDT (US)     24 / 32  
I swear im a bad typer, but i can not understand what the hell happened?

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
posted 19 November 2005 19:48 EDT (US)     25 / 32  
I'm not sure of the details either, but it was doubtless a "most glorious awsome vitory" !!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Strategy Discussion » Strategy Discussions: What was your...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames