You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Forum Party XV- Summer Fun and 1v1s!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 29 July 2008 13:23 EDT (US)   
Yes, guys, it's summer. And so what do we do during this time of bright sunshine? Stay indoors for fear of cancer, of course!
Lobby: Teutonic Kingdoms Multiplayer Lobby
Date: Sunday, 3rd August 2008
Forum Party Time: 1 EST (7 BST)(Time Converter)
Basically, guys, I'm going to wait for a few people to say what time they'd like, but anything past 7 is good for me (I'll update when we get a good time). I'd also like people to choose if we're going Kingdoms or Vanilla, and I'll put it all into a newsie after we've got these points.
7 BST, Teutonic Kingdoms.

The main focus of this party is 1v1s- although the big games we usually do are nice, they don't match the intensity and often the fun of the pure 1v1. And we'll all get lots of games- they tend to last about 5-10 mins each after all. Of course, later on we can band and do a big game if so wished.

Please note any 1v1 games here can happily be counted as Ladder Games if so wished. I also want as many people as possible to turn up, so get e-mailing fellow forumers if you think they'd be interested!

(updated time, EST is 4 hours less than GMT) -SubRosa)
Updated again- BST gets me all confused - EoJ

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 08-03-2008 @ 06:41 AM).]

Replies:
posted 03 August 2008 14:30 EDT (US)     26 / 43  
vanilla party anyone?
posted 03 August 2008 14:33 EDT (US)     27 / 43  
this is going so well...

"He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword..." Matt 26,52b
"Viva Christo Rey!" Miguel Pro, and numerous other Catholics who were martyred for their faith in Spain and Mexico in the early 20th century.
Winner of the 2008 TWH Seraph elections.
Unchallenged master of EAW Heaven
Ah, but for a return to Christendom, darn Reformation.
posted 03 August 2008 14:36 EDT (US)     28 / 43  
almost as good as the Armenia swap

Yep, it's true, having no sig is boring. But so is this one. Which makes my point... relatively pointless.
Can a point be a point when it is pointless?
posted 03 August 2008 14:46 EDT (US)     29 / 43  
Just to prove how well it's going - EoJ got onto the non-kingdoms version, so I tried to load that - but just got the usual gamespy errors, so I'm back on on the teutonic campaign.

Gamespy and it's implementation into m2tw does a lot to ruin the online experience...

Edit : Boetje and I made it onto kingdoms with the same version and... "NAT negotiation failed".

We're trying again with vanilla - anyone who hasnt given up may want to try that again

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 08-03-2008 @ 03:00 PM).]

posted 03 August 2008 15:01 EDT (US)     30 / 43  
i'm trying to go vanilla so impspy if you read this, you'll know where to go.

Yep, it's true, having no sig is boring. But so is this one. Which makes my point... relatively pointless.
posted 03 August 2008 17:52 EDT (US)     31 / 43  
Gamespy sucks!!!

i tried all afternoon but only got on once, then i had to get off.

anyone want an unofficial kingdoms game, any of them will do.

"Viva Christo Rey!" Miguel Pro, and numerous other Catholics who were martyred for their faith in Spain and Mexico in the early 20th century.
posted 03 August 2008 17:54 EDT (US)     32 / 43  
Well, it turned into a fairly pleasant night for me in the end. Boetje and Swamp's computers don't like each other, so I played the former in a quick game, then Sub and impy (yes ) logged on. Swamp and Sub had a battle, which I'm not sure of the result, or what happened in it, and Imp Boetje and I had a 2v1, wherein Impy had to go, so I had to kill Boetje with a 20K army against his 15k. Took a surprisingly long time due to his norse clerics, but I disconnected or something just after I routed his army and had to start on the AI (Which was, of course, sitting doing nothing).
Sub and I then had a battle, sub at first disconnecting which left me firing at pikemen and hospitallers wondering why the hell she doesn't do anything until I run out of ammo and finally twig that she's been disconnected. We then had a battle, which quickly turned into a scrap after I advanced a bit too close for Sub's liking, and she completly crushed my left while I sounded a general charge. In the end my roughly 13 hospitallers (two units of 7 and 6) managed to charge her pavaise crossbows into submission- a good job, because I don't think my infantry could have caught them very easily, although my archers could have shot them.

Then poor impy came back on, not having had a game all evening. Unfortunatly, he was on Kingdoms, meaning I couldn't play him, and Sub had to go. I hope he managed to get a game

posted 03 August 2008 18:07 EDT (US)     33 / 43  
Quit calling me impy, or suffer the wrath of these guys.

[This message has been edited by impspy (edited 08-03-2008 @ 06:14 PM).]

posted 03 August 2008 18:36 EDT (US)     34 / 43  
Swamp and I had a game where I took the Byzantines and he the HRE. He started out on a big hill, which would have been suicidal for me to attack. So I pulled my army back out of his cannon range. Eventually he came forward, and I decided to gamble and charged all my cavalry at one of his flanks while he was getting his army redepolyed on the flatter, lower slope. But my infantry could not support because of being so far away, so eventually my cavalry was worn down, and basically that was it for me.

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 08-04-2008 @ 12:27 PM).]

posted 04 August 2008 02:06 EDT (US)     35 / 43  
I hadn't realised there was such a large hill on winter war - but seeing it there it seemed a shame not to start off using it. The cavalry charge was a good plan, but I think I was quite happily deployed before it got too close allowing pikes and spears to join in - most of my units started at the bottom of the hill so hadn't had to move up very far. Those guard archers were vicious though, admittedly there were 4 of them, but they chewed through my 2 foot knights and one mounted knight unit I sent after them very nicely.
posted 04 August 2008 19:51 EDT (US)     36 / 43  
Oh... I could have made it if it was one o'clock... stop confusing me >

"In the Middle Ages, Lords and Vassals lived in a 'Futile' system"
"That's Feudal"
"...Just when I thought this junk was beginning to make sense."
posted 05 August 2008 04:23 EDT (US)     37 / 43  
Sorry, Wolf If you want a game, e-mail me, and I'll make it up to you

posted 06 August 2008 22:45 EDT (US)     38 / 43  
Have fun guys. Don't forget to save your replays! Since I finally released my Mongolphobia Mod, I now have time to review them for public pleasure. In fact I just downloaded SwampRat's replay vs. Sub Rosa.

Michael Jackson
posted 07 August 2008 05:50 EDT (US)     39 / 43  
I can't find my one against Sub- I think it must have not saved properly

posted 08 August 2008 11:02 EDT (US)     40 / 43  
As a slightly side issue - was it right that I didnt get an email from the mailing list thingy that went around for m2 multiplayer stuff?
posted 11 August 2008 16:34 EDT (US)     41 / 43  
Yeah. I think that got overlooked so we'll make sure the email goes out next time.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

posted 18 August 2008 00:40 EDT (US)     42 / 43  
keep those replays coming guys, I already finished SwampRat vs. SubRosa one.

Michael Jackson
posted 18 August 2008 08:03 EDT (US)     43 / 43  
EoJ, have you saved our second battle? i'd like to see it and let it be reviewed (el_bandito will probably flame me because of my many mistakes, but hell...)

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » Forum Party XV- Summer Fun and 1v1s!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames