You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modification & Editor Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: New Faction in BI, Emergent and Hording Factions
posted 22 May 2008 20:54 EDT (US)   
i'm am trying to figure out how i would change the emergent eastern empire rebels into a non-emergent faction (like a moorish or arab faction, or mabye another germanic tribe)

also, how would I go about making the saxons a hording faction?

"He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword..." Matt 26,52b
"Viva Christo Rey!" Miguel Pro, and numerous other Catholics who were martyred for their faith in Spain and Mexico in the early 20th century.
Winner of the 2008 TWH Seraph elections.
Unchallenged master of EAW Heaven
Ah, but for a return to Christendom, darn Reformation.
Replies:
posted 22 May 2008 21:42 EDT (US)     1 / 3  
I am not sure yet. Figuring out how to do both is on my future "To Do" list for ATW as well.

I do know that RTW\Data\descr_sm_factions.txt seems to be the place to start to make a faction hordable, as it sets how many horde units a faction gets, what kind, how many disband upon each round of settlement, etc...

It is also the place to go for at least some of the work to make a faction non-emergent. As you will see in the first line of each faction there is a line that says when it spawns if it is emergent. If it is a faction like the WRE Rebels or Ostrogoths, there is also some code about it in their parent faction's first line as well.
posted 23 May 2008 08:48 EDT (US)     2 / 3  
In descr_sm_factions the rebels hava a faction line that looks like this:
factionempire_east_rebels, shadowing empire_east
Remove the shadowing empire_east part. Also remove "shadowed_by empire_east_rebels" from the entry for the ERE. That will 'detach' the ERE rebels from the ERE.

You will also have to change their entry in descr_strat. For exaple, change this:
factionempire_east_rebels, religious smith
dead_until_resurrected
re_emergent
denari0
to this
factionempire_east_rebels, religious smith
denari1000
Then you'll need to give them a starting territory, family members, a family tree etc.

You'll also need to give them some units, like general's bodyguard. The rebels can already recruit troops from barracks.

There might be other tings that need changing, but I can't think of them.

I think that making the Saoxns hordeable required you to add all lines beginning with horde into their entry in descr_sm_factions, but I haven't tested this yet.

EDIT: I've give it a test run, and it turns out you only need to add all horde lines to the Saxons in descr_sm_factions.txt as I said. You don't need to give them specific horde units, you can use ones from for example the Franks without trouble, but they won't have unit cards.

Hussarknight

[This message has been edited by Hussarknight (edited 05-23-2008 @ 08:57 AM).]

posted 23 May 2008 20:10 EDT (US)     3 / 3  
Total War Heaven » Forums » Game Modification & Editor Discussion » New Faction in BI, Emergent and Hording Factions
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames