Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Unlimited Ammunition
posted 04-29-07 22:31 EST (US)   
Catapults and Trebuchets are some of the most effective siege equipment available to a Stronghold player. Accurate and devastating, few weapons can match their abilities.

Unfortunately, as with all ballistic weapons, ammunition can be a problem. This tutorial will show you how to make those catapults and trebuchets last a little longer, say 9,980 shots longer!

Step 1 :

Open the map in the editor and place some stockpiles.

Step 2 :

Place and destroy large square towers until you have amassed enough stone to satisfy your shot desires.

Step 3 :

When you have amassed your desired amount of shot, place and man the number of catapults or trebuchets that you would like. In this example we have placed three catapults. You must also place a Keep and a Granary.

Step 4 :

Save the map and then play it. In this example I have chosen to play the map as an invasion. Note that one catapult has vanished. Thanks to Sir Ravenclaw, This is now known to be the AI adjusting the set troop levels to correspond with the games selected difficulty level. To avoid this happening when you are using this trick, make sure you play the map at the easy level of difficulty.

Select each catapult or trebuchet separately and left click on the stone to shot button until you have achieved the desired number of shots. Remember, it will take 10 pieces of stone for each 20 extra shots you give a catapult or trebuchet.

Step 5 :

Save your map and exit Stronghold.

Step 6 :

Use the .sav to .map trick, ( link ) and move the altered file from your saves folder to your maps folder.

Step 7 :

That is all it takes. Now you can have catapults and trebuchets with up to 10,000 shots! In our example, I have reopened the map in the editor, deleted the Keep, Granary and Stockpile, and changed the map from an invasion map to a siege map by pressing the Alt. Button and the , button at the same time.

Now, when I play the map, I have two catapults with enough firepower to level a major city!

Happy Hunting,
UU

'And they that shall be of thee shall build up the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in' - Isaiah

[This message has been edited by UnikUnok (edited 05-07-2007 @ 06:58 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-29-07 23:31 EST (US)     1 / 10  
Brilliant. I've seen some of your stuff; it's amazing. Why do you need the granary?
posted 04-30-07 07:57 EST (US)     2 / 10  
Well done UnikUnok.
Let the devastation commence!
posted 04-30-07 12:25 EST (US)     3 / 10  
Good Eye Ztolk,

Placing a Granary and a Keep is only necessary when the map is played as an invasion.

This is because you only gain full control of any invasion after these two items are placed.

'And they that shall be of thee shall build up the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in' - Isaiah
posted 05-01-07 03:14 EST (US)     4 / 10  
I think I may have a solution to your dissapearing units
Two ways, in fact:

1. Start the invasion map on 'Easy' difficulty, that way you lose no troops. Doesn't work for Crusader.
2. Place an invasion somewhere in the map, it can be at year 0-9999, even on any difficulty the troops will stay.

I hope this helps
Oh and this is a very nice trick

posted 05-01-07 03:44 EST (US)     5 / 10  
Another wonderful discovery, UnikUnok!
posted 05-02-07 17:47 EST (US)     6 / 10  
very impressive. This game and the scenario editor still amaze me after all these years.

Duke of York
"..The Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world." 1 John 4:14
posted 05-03-07 21:07 EST (US)     7 / 10  
"Accurate"...

Lol, um I disagree on this point. Just a bit.....okay, a lot...

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
posted 05-04-07 15:57 EST (US)     8 / 10  
"Accurate"...
Lol, um I disagree on this point. Just a bit.....okay, a lot...

Well... Not as accurate as a cruise missile, or sniper's rifle ;-)

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Léugìm Campaign Contribute a Review
posted 05-07-07 18:57 EST (US)     9 / 10  
Thanks Sir Ravenclaw, the tutorial has been edited to include your first solution.

posted 05-08-07 02:46 EST (US)     10 / 10  
Thanks I'm hounored ^.^
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Unlimited Ammunition
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames