Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Lowered Wooden Walkways
posted 05-08-07 20:12 EST (US)   
Lowered Wooden Walkways are another long sought after design trick. Difficult and laborious to procure, they are rarely used on maps. Although, not for the faint of heart, this tutorial will add another advanced eye candy trick to your arsenal.

Step 1 :

For the sake of this tutorial, orient your map so the compass’s Red Arrow is pointing North.

Place a 2 tile x 3 tile stone block as seen in the first picture.

Step 2 :

Place a Wooden Gatehouse exactly as it is seen in the following picture. Make sure to orient the gatehouse correctly.

Step 3 :

Repeat Step 1 as seen below.

Step 4 :

Repeat Step 2 as seen below.

Step 5 :

Add a Large Square Stone Tower as seen in the following picture.

Step 6 :

Immediately erase the Large Square Stone Tower but make sure to leave the Wooden Gatehouses.

Step 7 :

Add 3 wooden wall tiles in a row and connect a Wooden Platform to them as seen in the picture below.

Step 8 :

Now all that is left to do is delete the two Wooden Gatehouses. and the three wooden wall tiles once connected to the Wooden Platform.

There it is! Wooden wall units in various height increments or, in other words, wooden stairs from level 0 to level 1 height.

Now, like a regular wall tile, You can delete each wooden stair tile one at a time!

By keeping certain sections, deleting others, repeating the process and adding a hefty dose of patience, you can build just about anything!

Another advanced design trick available to all.

Enjoy,
UnikUnok

'And they that shall be of thee shall build up the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in' - Isaiah

[This message has been edited by UnikUnok (edited 05-09-2007 @ 03:06 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-09-07 02:57 EST (US)     1 / 8  
So many stronghold editor tricks these days would certainly like to see some crusader editor tricks.

Subindxsubin
"OMG return of the forummers! Welcome back, chaps!"-King Of Scots
"Holy......Subin's back!"-Venomrider
"For all who draw the sword will die by the sword-Jesus my lord
"I would send you some snow Subin if I knew it wouldn't melt."-Lady Arcola
"Congratz Jubu, you have eneded subin's tyrannical dictatorship"- Darkslave Master
posted 05-09-07 03:05 EST (US)     2 / 8  
Incredible findings lately UU! I commemorate your patience
I'll be sure to use this in some type of forthcoming map
posted 05-09-07 15:09 EST (US)     3 / 8  
This one works in both SubindxSubin

http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,3078,,10

'And they that shall be of thee shall build up the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, the repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to dwell in' - Isaiah
posted 05-17-07 01:11 EST (US)     4 / 8  
Credits:
-"Discovered" by me, SimRPGplayer, after suggestion from Lord_Ako postulating on the possibilities of use of Magic Eraser on wooden platforms.

So,
"Theoretical" discovery: Lord_Ako
"Actual" discovery: SimRPGplayer
"Pratical" publication (pics and writeup): UnikUnok

Time is an illusion; lunchtime doubly so.
posted 05-17-07 01:33 EST (US)     5 / 8  
Yea we were aware of this a while back as well but at least there is a written tutorial now. Credit has to be shared however

Just to UU's defence he never stated he discovered the trick.

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
Author: Thomas Paine
posted 05-21-07 03:15 EST (US)     6 / 8  
Has anyone else tried this trick? If so, has anyone managed to create lowered wooden walkways, in a row, of a height that isn't either the lowest of highest possible? I'm sure there is a way, and i'm presuming it lies with the placement of the wooden tower at the end. Moving the wooden wall to attach the tower to may be the option, but I played with this idea for hours last night and couldn't quite get it right!

Great trick, though
posted 05-22-07 03:46 EST (US)     7 / 8  
This ones for you Sulis:

http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,3088,,10

posted 05-22-07 07:58 EST (US)     8 / 8  
Excellent! Truly excellent, this makes a huge difference to what I can do with Bretwalda - Wessex! Many thanks

[This message has been edited by Sulis (edited 05-22-2007 @ 07:58 AM).]

Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Lowered Wooden Walkways
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames