Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Easy 6x6 Magic eraser.
posted 04-18-08 09:46 EST (US)   
Well after coming up with the 3x3 magic eraser I stumbled upon yet another variation, which saves time and is far less complicated than the original technique for the 6x6.

...I came up with the idea after Arthus was using the 3x3 eraser and started placing more than one side by side...but I’ll take the credit thank you very much

Here we go:

Place 4 wooden gatehouses together as the picture shows.

Now delete the 4 inner platforms, you are done! You can place towers over the left over walls if you need to....

...Okay I went overboard with the arrows...

Happy times!

Alexus.

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
Author: Thomas Paine
Replies:
posted 04-18-08 10:57 EST (US)     1 / 11  
What exactly does the magic eraser do?
posted 04-18-08 17:48 EST (US)     2 / 11  
The magic eraser erases your mind until you love stronghold and become addicted to it!

No, but seriously, it is a bit difficult to explain without an example.

Say you were to place a marketplace in there. After you delete all the gatehouses, the marketplace is "magically erased" i.e., it is there, but you can no longer delete it. I am not too sure whether you can actually select it either.

So after it is erased, you could place an apothercary, a stable, a hovel, a granary, anything! Inside it.
Some have wierd side-effects, so make saves before hand.

Fantastic work WL_D!
posted 04-18-08 22:00 EST (US)     3 / 11  
Well explained Knightly_Maps,

There are plenty of examples of what you can do with it on the stronghold knights forums,

Some can even be found here, this is a great example of how it can be used shown by UnikUnok, solving that aged old problem of how to make a joint roof.

http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,3086,,all

There are so many things that are possible with it, invisible hunter and woodcutter posts, invisible wells and farmers huts.

Each building reacts in different ways to the eraser, which leaves plenty more to be discovered I'm sure.

Alexus.

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.

[This message has been edited by WarLord_Designs (edited 04-18-2008 @ 10:01 PM).]

posted 04-19-08 00:15 EST (US)     4 / 11  
Now how about a 400X400 magic eraser?

I will try this out soon.

Subindxsubin
"OMG return of the forummers! Welcome back, chaps!"-King Of Scots
"Holy......Subin's back!"-Venomrider
"For all who draw the sword will die by the sword-Jesus my lord
"I would send you some snow Subin if I knew it wouldn't melt."-Lady Arcola
"Congratz Jubu, you have eneded subin's tyrannical dictatorship"- Darkslave Master
posted 04-19-08 00:31 EST (US)     5 / 11  
lol,

good one subin...

Are you still designing with crusader more than the original stronghold? Any SH1 maps we should know of?

Alexus.

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

posted 04-19-08 00:33 EST (US)     6 / 11  
I just played around with its editor a bit and I stopped it.

I need more time to adjust to strongholds surroundings and vast terrain. The game play is also really different. For example, while you need 20 wood and 100 gold to build a inn in crusader, you need 50 wood and 20 gold to build an inn in stronghold. And inns bring only +4 happiness in stronghold while it is +8 in crusader.

I want to make a stronghold map after I get used to stronghold.

Subindxsubin
"Congratz Jubu, you have eneded subin's tyrannical dictatorship"- Darkslave Master

[This message has been edited by subindxsubin (edited 04-19-2008 @ 03:45 AM).]

posted 04-19-08 00:56 EST (US)     7 / 11  
Very true,

the games are quite different, you should try a multiplayer game on SH1, the gameplay is so much slower than in crusader.

Hope to see some SH1 maps from you in the future then.

Alexus.

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

posted 04-19-08 03:46 EST (US)     8 / 11  
When I looked at the picture, I thought I was in the game and kept pressing space to see the top of the gatehouses.

Subindxsubin
posted 04-16-09 02:45 EST (US)     9 / 11  
Your way of getting this big eraser works geniously simple. (Far easier and more practicable than in SHK.) Thanks, WL_D Alexus!
There are so many things that are possible with it
Yes. Have found a nice and surprising application to be used in my next map.

Of Honour without Fame,
Of Greatness without Splendour,
Of Dignity without Pay
- Walter Benjamin
posted 04-16-09 03:07 EST (US)     10 / 11  
That's the idea. The other way takes far too long.

Come to think of it I have a use for the eraser that I forgot to post in the forums; we were planning to use it in one of our maps we never finished.

Maybe they’re the same idea. I’ll post a quick tutorial now that you reminded me of it.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it -Voltaire

[This message has been edited by WL_D Alexus (edited 04-16-2009 @ 03:08 AM).]

posted 04-16-09 04:49 EST (US)     11 / 11  
Nice work, but someone should be working on a magic eraser for Crusader!
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Easy 6x6 Magic eraser.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames