Website Announcements and Updates
Moderated by Lady Arcola, Doomsword

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Writing for Stronghold Heaven
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 12-13-03 07:39 EST (US)   
Have you ever thought about writing an article for Stronghold Heaven, but didn't know where to start? We have the answer for you in our information page on How to Write an Article.

We always welcome articles on strategy, scenario design and history. This will take you through all the steps from your first idea to its appearance on the site.

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures

[This message has been edited by Kester (edited 12-27-2005 @ 03:46 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-07-04 12:59 EST (US)     1 / 106  
How about posting here a list of article topics that people are currently working on?

No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength.
A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save.
But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love.
++33rd Psalm, Verses 16-18++
posted 01-07-04 14:03 EST (US)     2 / 106  
That's a good idea Bismuth. Will take me a little while to round them all up, but it might put a rocket behind those who have promised and not started

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
posted 01-10-04 07:03 EST (US)     3 / 106  
I've updated the header post with articles that are being written that I know about - if anyone is writing something not on the list, could you let me know please? Ditto if I've managed to forget anything that has been offered.

posted 01-10-04 15:19 EST (US)     4 / 106  
I will be happy to do an article on terrain modelling but it will take me some time.
posted 02-09-04 13:42 EST (US)     5 / 106  
I'm thinking about writing an article on the technology of some piece of siege equipment - possibly the trebuchet. Covering: history, structure, how it functioned, mass of projectiles, etc. Maybe even including some ideas on student science fair projects related to this device. (My son built a catapult for science fair one year.)

How does this sound?

No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength.
A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save.
But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love.
posted 02-09-04 13:58 EST (US)     6 / 106  
It sounds like a wonderful idea, Bismuth. That should be a fascinating topic, one i'll certainly look out for when it's done

The Bretwalda Chronicles: Northumbria|Anglia|Mercia
"There is material enough in a single flower for the ornament of a score of cathedrals" - John Ruskin
posted 02-10-04 02:48 EST (US)     7 / 106  
Definitely sounds like fun

:: has visions of Volkswagen BUg lobbing trebuchets ::

Angel Jayhawk
EyrieCaesar 4 HeavenChildren of the Nile HeavenStronghold HeavenCaesar 3 HeavenEmperor HeavenPharaoh HeavenZeus HeavenMy Deviations
Support your local HeavenMy RecommendationsEXCOHALO
I believe violence will only increase the cycle of violence. — The Dalai Lama
posted 02-10-04 05:31 EST (US)     8 / 106  

Quoted from Bismuth:

'm thinking about writing an article on the technology of some piece of siege equipment - possibly the trebuchet. Covering: history, structure, how it functioned, mass of projectiles, etc. Maybe even including some ideas on student science fair projects related to this device. (My son built a catapult for science fair one year.)

How does this sound?

Speaking strictly for myself, I would love to read that article. I hope you decide to write it.

posted 02-13-04 10:28 EST (US)     9 / 106  
Gill, Next week I hope to visit Haut-Königsburg in France - you wrote a "Castle of the Week" about this one. In your article you also have a mini-map for it but when I search I cannot seem to find a Stronghold scenario for this castle. I fly out this afternoon!

posted 02-13-04 11:07 EST (US)     10 / 106  
It wasn't a player made one - it was either with the original game or with the additional download that was released by Firefly shortly afterwards.

Have fun

posted 02-16-04 03:49 EST (US)     11 / 106  
Bismuth, enjoy!
Should you take pictures, we'd be more than happy to host a few of them
As a matter of fact, we're planning to add a gallery with larger scale (c. 600x400) pictures of real life castles, so your's would make a nice addition to them

Angel Jayhawk
EyrieCaesar 4 HeavenChildren of the Nile HeavenStronghold HeavenCaesar 3 HeavenEmperor HeavenPharaoh HeavenZeus HeavenMy Deviations
posted 02-17-04 07:48 EST (US)     12 / 106  
Greetings from the Alsace region of France! In just a few minutes we are planning to visit Haut-Konigsberg. Definitely I will try to take some good photos for SHH. This is a beautiful region and they have SNOW (we don't see much of that in Orlando Florida).

[This message has been edited by Bismuth (edited 02-21-2004 @ 07:52 PM).]

posted 02-17-04 13:41 EST (US)     13 / 106  
:: is not jealous ::

Hope you're having fun

The Bretwalda Chronicles: Northumbria|Anglia|Mercia
"There is material enough in a single flower for the ornament of a score of cathedrals" - John Ruskin
posted 02-18-04 08:01 EST (US)     14 / 106  
I think I took something like 50-60 digital photos. Oh for want of a wide angle lens! The Castle is immense! I tried to take some shots that can be joined to form panoramas (when I get back to my computer at home).

It was also very cold inside. I bet castles weren't all that great to live in in the wintertime.

posted 02-18-04 11:27 EST (US)     15 / 106  
Sounds like fun Bismuthand if the cold there is anything like the cold here, living in a castle would be like an ice burg. LOL
posted 02-19-04 02:44 EST (US)     16 / 106  
IIRC the idea was that with the fireplace roaring in front of you you'd be sweating in front and still freeze your ass off

Of course, the smaller rooms were covered in wall hangings and such, so should be slightly more comfortable.

Angel Jayhawk
posted 02-22-04 17:40 EST (US)     17 / 106  
Jayhawk, Sulis - Back in Orlando now. It is warm, in the 70's today and supposed to be in the 80's tommorow - I think it is safe to pack away my stocking hat and gloves.

I have some really nice shots of Haut-Konigsberg. Glad to provide them for use on SHH. I can send you the images, want me to write up a few words about the castle or about my visit? This was a COTW by Gil some time ago.

posted 02-23-04 03:06 EST (US)     18 / 106  
That trip sounds like it was much too short, Bismuth...

Re: Pics, if you can send between 3 and 9 pictures to me, sized down to a maximum of 600x450 (or 1500x45o for panoramas) I'll upload them. I can add a short description for each if you provide one.

A seperate impression of the castle, would be a great addition to Gill's CotW.

Angel Jayhawk
posted 02-28-04 15:36 EST (US)     19 / 106  
Jayhawk - I e-mailed the photos to you this morning. You suggested between 3 and 9 photos so I sent you 22!

posted 02-29-04 04:13 EST (US)     20 / 106  
I found them, Bismuth.
And I'm sure we can make the occasional exception

Angel Jayhawk
posted 03-04-04 16:22 EST (US)     21 / 106  
You don't have to use them all, whichever ones you feel people would be interested in. Any idea when they will be posted on the website?

posted 03-05-04 02:40 EST (US)     22 / 106  
I hope to find some time this evening, if not, maybe Sudnay evening or Monday. I'll be having a busy weekend as a friend will be visiting from the UK

Angel Jayhawk
posted 03-12-04 15:10 EST (US)     23 / 106  
Newsed!

Angel Jayhawk
posted 04-11-04 19:38 EST (US)     24 / 106  
Maybe I could make a small list of disasters that can happen on your castle? I'd be proud to have a list organized by me on SHH

It won't take long anyway...

*rushes to make the list*

Oh yeah, should I mail GillB? And... Maybe I can offer some small pictures of each of the disasters.

posted 06-21-04 14:58 EST (US)     25 / 106  
Well, the list is ready. There aren't much of them.

I may add the good events on this list, or make a separate one for them (but they're so few...).

[w]Well, It's ready one month ago, but noone anwered... I just want to know if it still can be accepted.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Website Announcements and Updates » Writing for Stronghold Heaven
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames