Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Campaign announcement: The Scouring of Endor
posted 03-26-04 02:47 AM EDT (US)   
I've been working on this scenario for a year now, and when it was finally close to being done, my computer crashed and I lost hope. Now i'm picking it up again for love of this game. I'm going to be designing an entire campaign picking up where my award winning Ewok scenario left off.

A new threat is rising on Endor. A dark shadow threatens to tear apart the lives of the peaceful tree-dwelling ewoks. To save their moon the Ewoks send their most promising warrior, Wicket W Warrik, on a quest that will take him to the four corners of Endor to stop an evil empire from resurrecting an ancient evil. The player will have to battle the forces of the Ewok Lord Melkra, a small band of Imperial Remnant forces, and some familiar enemies from the Ewok movies.

I really did my homework on the Ewoks, meaning that everything I set up in this campaign is true to the original movies. The story that I've come up with is really great, I know that you'll all like it.

SCN 1: 5% done
SCN 2: 5% done
SCN 3: 5% done
SCN 4: 5% done
SCN 5: 5% done
SCN 6: 5% done
SCN 7: 5% done
SCN 8: 0% done
SCN 9: 0% done

5% means that I've written out the story for that particular scenario
10% means that I've actually started designing the map
-Mods:
-Ewoks creatable at Ewok Military Structure (I'm hoping that Sidious Invader will help me with this.)
-Ewok sentry post: 0%
-Ewok longboat: 0%
-Palisade walls: 0%
-Terentatek Beast: 0%
-Lord Melkra: 0%
-Evil Ewoks: 0% (I'm not even sure if i'm going to make them, unless someone wants to do it for me, but it will help distinguish between the two armies)
-Scout Trooper Mod by Ballista_Turtle (this is one of my favorite mods)

[This message has been edited by spynet315 (edited 03-09-2005 @ 01:06 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-26-04 02:57 AM EDT (US)     1 / 24  
Pretty soon i'm going to send in a preview level for my campaign. The Campaign itself won't be ready for a long time. I'll take all suggestions into consideration.
posted 03-26-04 09:49 AM EDT (US)     2 / 24  
Sounds good. Good luck.
posted 03-26-04 10:33 AM EDT (US)     3 / 24  
Good luck man, take your time and make sure its the very best you can produce. The download section is suffering from an epidemic of low standards.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
posted 03-26-04 11:48 AM EDT (US)     4 / 24  
I won't play It if you have to play as and help the ewoks.

Unproud Creator of Campaign which got lost when I wiped my computer, Return of Dash Rendar!
Looks like I pwned myself...
"Plo, I am awed by your 1337 paint skills. Funny s*** too."-KevintheKing
SWGBH - The Comic: Episode II: Sorry Mace, we're a little short...
posted 03-26-04 11:50 AM EDT (US)     5 / 24  
I was just wondering, did you send in your Ewok mission unfinished? Because after that mountain part, there was no where to go... Maybe I just didn't figure it out

- Astro
posted 03-26-04 07:29 PM EDT (US)     6 / 24  
Thanks to everyone who is wishing me luck. I didn't kow that the resent scenarios hadn't been of the highest quality, so i promise to put as much time and thought into this project as i can. I have a great story planned out, and i hope to incorporate some really simple mods into the campaign

mAStER_PLO_KOON1: Sorry, i guess you won't be playing my scenario then. Why do so many people hate the ewoks? its not like they're the gungans or something

Astro_mech: After the mountain part there is supposed to be a section of the forest that opens up. It usually works when i play it, but its not in a very noticeable spot now that i think about it. I was running out of time towards the end so anything after the mountain part didn't get my full attention. Thanks for asking

posted 03-26-04 07:59 PM EDT (US)     7 / 24  
True, they are better than Gungans. ANd also true they aren't as exciting as the Empire, Jedi, etc., but with a great scenario it should be great fun.

Corran Horn
archangel@bresnan.net
"I bow to no one and I give service only for cause."
-Boba Fett
posted 03-26-04 09:16 PM EDT (US)     8 / 24  
Ok. What I did play was great though!

- Astro
posted 03-26-04 10:39 PM EDT (US)     9 / 24  
Thanks Astro_mech. by the way, I'm pretty close to finishing the first scenario, which I plan to submit to SWGBH as a preview for my campaign. Before i release it, though i want to have at least 2, maybe 3 beta testers at the most... any takers?
posted 03-27-04 01:44 PM EDT (US)     10 / 24  
No one!? fine I'll test them myself.
posted 03-27-04 02:08 PM EDT (US)     11 / 24  
I would like to test them, but my computer is totally screwed up at the moment. I haven't found a single game in my collection that doesn't crash a after a few minutes.
posted 03-27-04 02:46 PM EDT (US)     12 / 24  
Ok, you have an excuse, but what about the rest of you?
posted 03-29-04 04:45 AM EDT (US)     13 / 24  
Ok, the first scenario is done. It isn't fantastic but it does its job by delivering the setting and storyline for the campaign (just like any first scenario). The plotline comes from my infinite knowledge of the Ewoks and their history, and of my knowledge of Star Wars and Earth mythology, so plan on hearing an interesting story even if the scenarios aren't the best.
All I need now are some Beta Testers. At this point I have the entire series planned out. I want the campaign to be about 8 scenarios long. I hope to make each scenario into a different type of gameplay (they're not all gonna be fixed force smash and grab scenarios) There's gonna be plenty of puzzles and other types of obstacles to overcome other than just fighting. Each scenario showcases a different part of Endor, From the forests to the polar ice caps, and the Ewoks that live there (the Ewoks that live in the desert naturally wont live in trees and so forth.)
Remember, as always, reply if you have any questions/suggestions, mission ideas, or if yo wanna be a beta tester
posted 03-29-04 01:11 PM EDT (US)     14 / 24  
hi
the campaign sounds cool. cant wait to get it.

[This message has been edited by forcemaster98 (edited 03-29-2004 @ 02:35 PM).]

posted 03-31-04 11:17 PM EDT (US)     15 / 24  
Ok, I just discovered that i suck at modding. I need a boat that an ewok would ride, so i'm just gonna be using some of the units from Age of Kings.
posted 04-11-04 03:32 AM EDT (US)     16 / 24  
No, i won't let this go away so easy. Sure, nobody really cares about my campaign, and why should they? over half of the posts are mine, that's pretty funny, huh? I've updated my progress on my original post ............... I think i'm schizophrenic

as always I am open to any suggestions/help/please! And i still would like one or two beta testers. If anyone can make me a VERY simple mod of an "evil ewok" just so that there can be a distinction between the two sides. i'm not expecting anyone to help, but i might as well ask, right?

[This message has been edited by spynet315 (edited 04-11-2004 @ 03:44 AM).]

posted 04-11-04 08:49 AM EDT (US)     17 / 24  
My problems are fixed, so I might as well help. My e-mail address is sidious34@hotmail.com.
posted 04-13-04 02:32 AM EDT (US)     18 / 24  
LOOK! I have a signature now!

................ The life I lead is sad.

Current Project: The Scouring of Endor Campaign
and Rise of the Empire Scenarios.
My Mods: Ewok/Wookiee Bridge Mod
My Scenarios: Ewok Adventure
Grand Prize winner of the Galactic Battlegrounds Design Your Own Scenario Contest
posted 04-13-04 05:36 PM EDT (US)     19 / 24  
How is this coming along?

- Astro
posted 04-13-04 11:31 PM EDT (US)     20 / 24  
its going along just fine, but the scenarios are all starting to play just like each other, cuz i have a very limited number of units to work with. but i think i've been able to make each scenario unique. If anyone would like to help by beta testing the levels and telling me what i can change i'd appreciate it

Grand Prize winner of the Galactic Battlegrounds Design Your Own Scenario Contest
posted 04-14-04 05:26 AM EDT (US)     21 / 24  
Screenshots would be nice
posted 04-15-04 02:00 AM EDT (US)     22 / 24  
I know, but i don't have the time or patience to get a website and figure out how to post my photos there, sorry

posted 04-17-04 03:43 AM EDT (US)     23 / 24  
Ok, I've decided that I am going to release a preview level for the campaign. I want to make alot of changes to the first scenario, so I'm going to release a different one, one that doesn't give away too much but a really fun one to play. As always play testers are welc... oh forget it I'm done asking

One last thing: I'm going to try and get some screenshots up, it might take a little while, so bear with me

[This message has been edited by spynet315 (edited 04-17-2004 @ 03:48 AM).]

posted 04-17-04 05:09 AM EDT (US)     24 / 24  
Couldn't you make a Build and Destroy one? Using the Enable Unit triggers might enable you to build Ewok units in buildings... maybe not though...
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Campaign announcement: The Scouring of Endor
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames