Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Independent Narrative Designs ~November '06~
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 11-17-06 07:51 PM EDT (US)   

By Grey Fox

Cold, that's how it felt as I entered the atmosphere of this planet. My briefing on my data-pad was nothing but brief, listing only location and assignment which went as following;

Assignment: Disable Facility, Recover Lost Data

That's all I had to do? I knew there was a catch, but what was it? The catch was plain. High Concentration.

FEATURES:
- The High Concentration Battle-system 2.0
- Unrivaled Cinematic Gameplay
- Unparalleled Sound Effects
- Music Composed by Michael Giacchino

High Concentration Battle System 2.0
LR - Governs the visibility of your character
MPC - Governs the amount of things your suit can do (light surge, surge power, etc)

Light Range modifies the amount of enemies you may have to face. With your light range being low,
you will be able to sneak past enemies, and save your health.

The Mobile Power Conduit is your suit's power source. You draw from it at all times. Every time you
shoot your blaster, the power conduit spends energy, and pulses it through the shot.

MEDIA

Screenshots:

Desktops:
Full Desktop Pack

Campaign:
Full Campaign

Incremental Downloads:
Campaign File (Incremental) - HG mirror
Campaign File (Incremental)
Modification (Incremental)
Sounds (Incremental)

"Untitled Project"
By Empire of Darkness

Taking on a different approach towards the "RPG" category, this "untitled project" aims to resemble the classic Legend of Zelda games. Spanning giant maps of cities and dungeons, the game follows Connor Reyal as he flees the oppression of a future Empire in the Star Wars Galaxy. Starting at his home, he will travel across the land of his planet to various cities, including a droid city, and a city built around a volcano, and many more.

This project makes use of many features: A "Time" feature, that shows the player the time of the day, which allows events to unfold in each scenario regardless of the player's action. Connor has a "heal" that is affected by stamina. The lower his stamina, the longer it takes for his "heal" (think Jedi Heal) to work.

This is going to be a grand project. Now don't think that Shattered Promise is canceled, because it isn't. It is merely postponed until there is more time available to complete the post production aspects (music :P). "Fear of Loss" is still in pre-production, and the story is still being refined, however, there are some questions that can be answered now.

Regarding the "Fear of Loss" bitmap previously shown

By Empire of Darkness

Q. “Fear of Loss?” Why was that posted on the ‘teaser’ bitmap?

A.As Yoda said in Episode III “Fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side.” Basically in that case, it was aimed at Anakin’s fear of losing Padme (though Yoda didn’t know it). His desire to hang on to her triggers his descent to the Dark Side. For my story, the ‘fear of loss’ isn’t seen 100% in the first campaign. This is a 3-part saga, and all the things that Luke himself is afraid to lose are being set up. The one thing that he’s lost already is his father. The first part in this campaign, and the one we’ll be talking about, is entitled “Rise of the Syndicate”.

Q.Obviously, as stated earlier, this is a three-part campaign. How will the story progress over these three campaigns?
A.There isn’t too much I can reveal about the story (it would ruin the surprise). However, I can give a brief plot synopsis of part one, and a general idea of what part two will be like. It’s only been 6 months since the destruction of the second Death Star, but the civil war is not over. However before either side (Rebels and Empire) can take any serious action against each other, a mysterious enemy emerges, using Imperial weapons, armor, ships and equipment. Their plans for the galaxy are unknown, but they’re growing rapidly, and in some time they’d be a formidable enemy for both the Empire and the Rebels. Part two will mainly be focused on protecting some one (who this some one is will remain unknown). Part three; I haven’t even begun to fathom how I’m going to wrap up this trilogy.

Q.The whole “Fear of loss” thing seems to focus on Luke, and it is implied that Luke may fall to the Dark Side at some point during these campaigns. Will he or won’t he?

A.Throughout this campaign, questions will be raised about the nature of the Light Side and Dark Side of the Force. Does use of the Dark Side REALLY make you evil? It’s a question that will be asked and answered during the campaign, and will be pondered by Luke and another Jedi. Regarding Luke, however, it will be up to the player to determine by the end whether or not Luke has actually fallen to the Dark Side and has become evil. It’s all really based on a certain point of view.

Q.Turning the discussion to “Rise of the Syndicate”, what exactly is this syndicate?

A.At this moment, what the syndicate is will not be explained. In fact, I doubt I will ever explain it openly, since the mystery behind them is an integral part of the story.

Q.What types of gameplay will be featured?

A.There will be stealth elements, as well as traditional RPG action. Puzzles are a must; the most notable comes towards the beginning, which is actually the first part of gameplay the player will encounter.

Q.When will this be released?

A.Not for a while. I really hate giving out release dates, because they’re hardly ever met.

Leon Kennedy presents...

ONE MAN'S WAR

Now on a grimmer note, Leon Kennedy’s computer was recently attacked by a virus which led to his harddrive being reformatted. Unfortunately Resident Evil: Operation Phoenix and Star Wars Sith: Dark Dream were lost in the process, further updates on the fate of these projects will be made later.

That’s all for this month kids, from all of us at IND thank you for reading and have a great weekend.

[This message has been edited by Blackmoon (edited 01-24-2007 @ 09:49 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-17-06 08:02 PM EDT (US)     1 / 35  
oh damn, I was looking foward to RE so much

out of curiousity, is there anyway to join IND?

" Well, I'll go back in time and prevent Ledger from ODing. If the movie is still as acclaimed, then I'll go back again, stop myself from stopping him, and let time proceed normally." - Moff Yittreas
"Map design is what you do in the scn editor, eye candy is the stuff I'm not allowed to link to on these forums." - The Legend
"Someone has to play the asshole in these type of threads." - Blackmoon

+1 Post Count
posted 11-17-06 08:06 PM EDT (US)     2 / 35  

Quote:

out of curiousity, is there anyway to join IND?

At the moment we recruit on a invitation basis, the best way of going about joining would be to show off some pretty amazing stuff on the SD forums here.

[This message has been edited by Blackmoon (edited 11-17-2006 @ 08:06 PM).]

posted 11-17-06 08:13 PM EDT (US)     3 / 35  
kk, i am working on some stuff right now, not sure when it will be ready though

" Well, I'll go back in time and prevent Ledger from ODing. If the movie is still as acclaimed, then I'll go back again, stop myself from stopping him, and let time proceed normally." - Moff Yittreas
"Map design is what you do in the scn editor, eye candy is the stuff I'm not allowed to link to on these forums." - The Legend

+1 Post Count
posted 11-17-06 09:35 PM EDT (US)     4 / 35  
hey sorry for the double post,

but blackie that swgb24 guy you told had 20 seconds to explain who he was on MSN was me, I was just afk,

so do you mind taking me off your ignore list now?

+1 Post Count
posted 11-17-06 10:14 PM EDT (US)     5 / 35  
Looking good, IND.
I will download High Conecentration later tonight.

"I mean, imagine someone screaming 'MAH PANTS' with no pants. Wouldn't that be a truly comical sight?" ---Quaazi
"HOLY CRAP WYO YOU'RE FAT!!!" ---Quaazi

[This message has been edited by Wyo_Daniel (edited 11-18-2006 @ 09:23 AM).]

posted 11-18-06 01:25 AM EDT (US)     6 / 35  
Trust me its worth it.

.:: L E O N K E N N E D Y ::.
"Sounds like he took some of the furniture when he left... and the carpet... and the drapes...and I wouldn't expect to get that deposit back."

A Scientist, A Virus,
And a Squad to Retrieve Them
ALPHA RED

posted 11-18-06 03:32 AM EDT (US)     7 / 35  
Il get on downloading HC after work.

Quote:

This project makes use of many features: A "Time" feature, that shows the player the time of the day, which allows events to unfold in each scenario regardless of the player's action. Connor has a "heal" that is affected by stamina. The lower his stamina, the longer it takes for his "heal" (think Jedi Heal) to work.

Now this, sounds like the shizzle.

Like the new banners/headers too, vastly improved.

SUMO
All the bills go by and, initiatives are taken up
By the middle, there ain't gonna be any middle any more
And the cross I'm bearing home, ain't indicative of my place
Left the porch
Left the porch
posted 11-18-06 03:59 AM EDT (US)     8 / 35  
Absolutley gutted about Sith. I can honestly say that that is the single campaign that has only truly grabbed me by the balls. If there is anyway I can assist in getting it back together (if you were planning on re-doing it), then I will do anything needed.

JackXbox
posted 11-18-06 09:19 AM EDT (US)     9 / 35  

Quote:

Looking good, Blackmoon.
I will download High Conecentration later tonight.

I hope you do note that not everything in here is Blackmoon's. In fact, he doesn't have anything of his in this newsletter at all.

Whoa.
posted 11-18-06 09:22 AM EDT (US)     10 / 35  
Lol, indeed.
I was referring to the newsletter, the presentation of it all.
However, I have edited my post. :P

"I mean, imagine someone screaming 'MAH PANTS' with no pants. Wouldn't that be a truly comical sight?" ---Quaazi
posted 11-18-06 09:55 AM EDT (US)     11 / 35  
Ok, I was just making sure.

So of all these, what's everyone looking forward to the most?

Whoa.
posted 11-18-06 10:12 AM EDT (US)     12 / 35  
Ok watching these screenshots under your Untitled Project section, and be aware of your abillities, I think they are really really bad. I'm not telling they suck, but I think you've simply made a wrong decision in which screenshots to add. The campaign generally looks awesome ( from what I can understand ) and generally it would be a great work, if you manage to finish it.

About the High Concentration ( why in the bitmap the title is "High Conceneration" ?) I'm downloading it right now, and I'm really curious to test Lord Plaguies designing abillities ( I really wait a top class work here, he's a top class designer imo ).

Generally well done guys. We really expect much from you...

EDIT: When I say I wait top-class work, I don't mean "Be like Tevious" or something. I just don't want a cpn that all the designers around, with a big effort can make.

:| Darth Bandon |:
:| Free Lance |:

[This message has been edited by Darth Bandon (edited 11-18-2006 @ 10:15 AM).]

posted 11-18-06 11:31 AM EDT (US)     13 / 35  
"Untitled Project" is pretty catchy.
You should leave it like that.
It's about some mysterious Empire project that no-one knows the name of. :P

I look forward to more info about "One Man's War", I guess. ^^

posted 11-18-06 11:50 AM EDT (US)     14 / 35  
Sweet[/cartman]
posted 11-18-06 01:10 PM EDT (US)     15 / 35  
When I click the links they open Filefront Homepage.Please, fix it!I really want to play it!

"If you're not with me, then you're my enemy" - Lord Vader.
Dark Master Lord, A.K.A DML - Projects: BFII
posted 11-18-06 01:27 PM EDT (US)     16 / 35  
I had the same problem when using IE6.
Using FireFox fixed it.
Copy paste these links :

Full campaign :
http://files.filefront.com/High_Concentration_v2zip/;6201928;;/fileinfo.html

Campaign File (Incremental) :
http://files.filefront.com/High_Concentration_Campainzip/;6201798;;/fileinfo.html

Modification (Incremental) :
http://files.filefront.com/High_Concentration_Modifi2zip/;6201861;;/fileinfo.html

Sounds (Incremental) :
http://files.filefront.com/High_Concentration_Soundszip/;6201773;;/fileinfo.html

posted 11-18-06 01:27 PM EDT (US)     17 / 35  

Quote:

When I click the links they open Filefront Homepage.Please, fix it!I really want to play it!

Yeah it only does that to me when I try it in IE, try using a REAL browser like Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

EDIT: Bah, Wyo_Daniel beat me to it.

[This message has been edited by Blackmoon (edited 11-18-2006 @ 01:28 PM).]

posted 11-18-06 02:59 PM EDT (US)     18 / 35  
Sounds sweet!

B L O O D P H O E N I X
Lurking at HG since 2004
posted 11-18-06 05:38 PM EDT (US)     19 / 35  
High Concentration is now up on HG:

http://swgb.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=3946

Props to Rat for approving it and the FMT for giving me permission to submit files LP makes.

posted 11-19-06 01:25 PM EDT (US)     20 / 35  

Quote:

generally it would be a great work, if you manage to finish it.

Oh it will be. ..it will be.

Whoa.
posted 11-19-06 11:04 PM EDT (US)     21 / 35  
Nice.

Sierra Wolf
posted 11-28-06 03:13 PM EDT (US)     22 / 35  
Uh-huh... and how long THIS team will leave? A week? Two? Oh, it will live very long? Uh-huh... A MONTH! No, really, since RC and RS how many LONGLIVING teams (uhm.. alright, maybe NLD is one of them. I dunno how long it lived, though) there have been? Just stop with the crap and go freelance. Making up teams so they would fail... that's kind of pointless.
posted 11-28-06 03:34 PM EDT (US)     23 / 35  

Quote:

Uh-huh... and how long THIS team will leave? A week? Two? Oh, it will live very long? Uh-huh... A MONTH!

We already have that beat, we've been around for a little over two months and we are working out just fine. Just because you don't keep up with SD doesn't mean you should just assume things you clearly know nothing about.

Quote:

Just stop with the crap and go freelance. Making up teams so they would fail... that's kind of pointless.

Sorry but we can't help it if your bitter toward groups. A little tip; edit your sig before you go saying groups are pointless:

Quote:

Member of Raven Studios

[This message has been edited by Blackmoon (edited 11-28-2006 @ 03:38 PM).]

posted 11-28-06 03:36 PM EDT (US)     24 / 35  
Watch your tongue Farlander.
posted 11-28-06 03:49 PM EDT (US)     25 / 35  
I'm watching my tongue. And I'm telling you one thing: I won't find it any amusing that this team will die, and..... after some time a new one will rise. Maybe I'm not really in touch with SD, but when I enter the site I ususally see a new team which came instead of the last dead team. And that is just.... dunno how to say it, but... why can't you just make ONE team? Why they always die, huh?

And about RS stuff in my sig. RS WILL NEVER DIE! Nah, j/k. RS will never die thing is bullshit too, IMO. RS isn't a design team anyway now. I mean, who of those who has RS tag in their sigs designs now?

posted 11-28-06 03:52 PM EDT (US)     26 / 35  

Quote:

I won't find it any amusing that this team will die, and..... after some time a new one will rise. Maybe I'm not really in touch with SD, but when I enter the site I ususally see a new team which came instead of the last dead team. And that is just.... dunno how to say it, but... why can't you just make ONE team? Why they always die, huh?

There are about only 3 teams now. Design groups rise and fall but I don't really see how there is a problem as long as they produce good scenario design in their lifespan and that’s exactly what we are trying to do.

posted 11-28-06 03:56 PM EDT (US)     27 / 35  
That's right. Design groups rise and fall. Where has the teamwork of being under one design group has gone? I mean, in most latest design groups as I've noticed there was like "everyone for themselves". What's the point in even having a design group while it's pointless and the designer can as well release a scenario while being freelance? Not just for the sake of having some scenario design team tag in his cpn?

Btw, who's Grey Fox?

posted 11-28-06 04:00 PM EDT (US)     28 / 35  
Cradossk
posted 11-28-06 04:01 PM EDT (US)     29 / 35  

Quote:

That's right. Design groups rise and fall. Where has the teamwork of being under one design group has gone? I mean, in most latest design groups as I've noticed there was like "everyone for themselves". What's the point in even having a design group while it's pointless and the designer can as well release a scenario while being freelance? Not just for the sake of having some scenario design team tag in his cpn?

Well we try hard to help eachother out even on our many individual projects.

Quote:

Btw, who's Grey Fox?

Lord Plagueis (Cradossk)

[This message has been edited by Blackmoon (edited 11-28-2006 @ 04:02 PM).]

posted 11-28-06 04:06 PM EDT (US)     30 / 35  

Quote:

Well we try hard to help eachother out even on our many individual projects.

Nobody cancelled that even when people are freelance. Or in different groups, for that matter.

The reason (IMO) while the latest design teams actually failing is because there's no point of HAVING a design team when everybody's acting like they're on their own. I don't mean helping with a project or something. I mean an actual teamwork between at least two team members, hence why that's a team anyway, cause there's people working together on some project. Latest design groups just don't have this team project stuff, that's why they're always falling apart lately. IMO.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Independent Narrative Designs ~November '06~
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames