Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Guild of SWU Role Players
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 12-14-06 07:56 PM EDT (US)   
Welcome to the Guild of SWU Rp'ers. This is going to be an organization of RPer's intended to allow them to trade tips, helpful suggestions and the like. A sort of collection of general and specific RPing knowledge and tips. The only membership requirement is that you have participated in a least 3 RPG's (participation is defined as more than 5 IC posts). So you must have made at least 15 IC posts to join. Upon joining, each member will receive the right to place a specific title in their sig to show that they've qualified and been admitted (I'd like to use the old "Crusader for Commas" if that's alright with Melkor). Members can either ask for help and tips, or give it out. Given tips can be directed at a single member, or in the form of a general collection of information.I'm hoping this can turn into a place where RPer's can peruse different guides, and gain help from older and more experienced RPer's. Please note: this is not a governmental body. As of this point, the only changes that would be made are to the admission requirements and the colors in this post. Such changes will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. I am the leader of this guild, but that doesn't really mean anything.

Current Members
Maegereg
Reaper_93
Cheapy the Hutt
Imperial Persia
Pacifica2
Bando_Gorra1138
Boba Fettuccini
Lord Vader672
Sir Billy
Merai
Alexus
Darth Bandon
Lazer X7
Stormtrooper 88
DarkBeing
Melkor1

To join, simply fill out an application form.
Name:
Credentials (RPG's participated in):

Recommended Reading:
A History of SWU RPG's
An excellent History of RP'ing in SWU by the much celebrated DarkBeing.

A Guide to RP'ing
A guide for Rp'ers written by none other than Melkor1.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan

[This message has been edited by Maegereg (edited 01-14-2007 @ 05:22 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-14-06 08:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 43  
I suppose I might as well...

Name: Reaper_93
Credentials: Co-modded for both the second half of the Clone Wars RPG and was elected to co-mod for the legacy infinities RPG. I eventually declined the latter, since I did not feel as though I was enjoying the game. (No, cheapy, I don't blame you anymore).

I have participated in both halves of the Clone Wars RPG, Frozen Past RPG (it was such a good idea, but never got off the ground ), Empire's Bane Resurrection for a bit (then I sort of got swamped in schoolwork and had to leave my story arc partially completed), Old Trilogy and last but definitely not least, the Jedi Purge RPG. There may have been one I forgot, but oh well.

/{[[===============================,
||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...
posted 12-14-06 08:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 43  
Excellent, our first member.

Maegereg
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
posted 12-14-06 09:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 43  
Name: Cheapy the Hutt
Credentials (RPG's participated in): Clone Wars, RotF 1 & 2, EB, LotF, OT, Warlords 1 & 2, Halo: Last Stand, Halo 2, WWIII, Frozen Past, & some more that I'm probably forgetting.

posted 12-14-06 09:30 PM EDT (US)     4 / 43  
Welcome Cheapy. Glad you decided to join.

Maegereg
Free Kenan
posted 12-14-06 09:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 43  
Can't hurt.

Name: Imperial_Persia
Credentials: Episode VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XI Remastered RPG's, The Old Republic Thread, The Clone Wars RPG, The Old Republic Thread: Remastered, Advent of Darkness, Empire's Bane, Empire's Bane Resurrection, Fall of the Infinite Empire RPG, Fallen Empire, Fallen Empire II, Fallen Empire III, I cannot remember anymore.

Sic Transit Gloria.

Merai: The fact that the Fourth Reich managed to blossom in SWU back in the summer before a mod FINALLY noticed what was going on just proves Dray, Blackie et al's point.
posted 12-14-06 10:05 PM EDT (US)     6 / 43  
Name: Pacifica2
Credentials: Empires Bane, Empires Bane:Ressurection, Return of the Forge, Return of the Forge(Reborn), NC:WW3, Rebellion, The Original Trilogy RPG, The Old Republic Thread:Remastered, Frozen Past, All of the above here.

Hall of Wonders:

Grey Hill, Treasure Hunt, New World, and Curse of the Ylvar.

Stronghold Forums:

To Be King

Elsewhere:

The Mountain Clans
Warriors: Clan Cats of the Forest
Freedom Rising
The Fallen Angels
The Secret
name unkown
Solar Empire:The First Interstellar War

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
posted 12-14-06 10:08 PM EDT (US)     7 / 43  
Name: Bando_Gora1138
Credentials: ORII: Remastered, Margera's SWN, Warlords, The Clone Wars RPG, KOTOR III, Empire's Bane: Resurrection, Legacy of the Force: Infinities(current moderator), Warlords V. 2.0, The Original Trilogy RPG

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!

[This message has been edited by Bando_Gora1138 (edited 12-14-2006 @ 10:09 PM).]

posted 12-14-06 10:17 PM EDT (US)     8 / 43  
Name: Boba Fettuccini
Credentials: Clone Wars RPG Versions 1 and 2, Frozen Past, Jedi Purge (will have more posts soon)

Boba Fettuccini
But here is what I'd really like to know: did you see the writing on the wall?
posted 12-14-06 10:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 43  
Name:Lord Vader672
Credentials: Mandalorian Wars RPG, Frozen Past RPG, Clone Wars Version 2 RPG and Jedi Purge RPG.

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
posted 12-15-06 10:44 AM EDT (US)     10 / 43  
Excellent. Glad you decided to join Persia.

Maegereg
Free Kenan
posted 12-15-06 02:49 PM EDT (US)     11 / 43  
Name: Sir Billy
Credentials: New Jedi Order, Clone Wars 1 and 2, LOTF, OT, SWN, Jedi Purge, ROTS, ANH, Warlords 2.0, ROTF and Reborn, KOTOR, Halo Last Stand, Halo 2, Mandalorian Wars, Phantom Menace, Another Phantom Menace

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
posted 12-15-06 03:26 PM EDT (US)     12 / 43  
As long as it's non governmental...

Name: Merai
Credentials: Let's see now, I don't know all of them but from the top of my head:
Revenge of the Sith, A New Hope (Old one), The Clone Wars (Old One), Outer Rim Sieges, Jedi Purge (Old one), The Phantom Menace (old one).

There are more, but those are the first 6 that spring to mind, not including the new Jedi Purge.

"I vote we rename this thread to Merai: Kicking Ass and Taking Names"- Scn Jedi
"Merai is awesome cause he makes me one badass mother****er, or as Dane Cook says, a BAMF"- The Crazy Person
"I actually prefer Merai's opinion over everyone else's. You can quote me on that."- Sarthos
posted 12-15-06 04:03 PM EDT (US)     13 / 43  
Why do you find the need to be in a Guild of SWU Role Players? What sort of benefits does it offer you at all, other than the validation of your peers over the internet.

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
I love you in a totally platonic way Xaph - Jon Rolos | Xaph does mutha****in' win the thread. - Anakin
Xaph, I wish you were my friend IRL - Boba Fettucini
Well I think it's obvious why Peter Noone would care about Xaph - Newt_Gunray
Xaph is suddenly full of win! - Zaarin | Xaph, how often do you win threads? Because you just won this one - Catabre
posted 12-15-06 05:11 PM EDT (US)     14 / 43  
Merai and Billy, welcome. And Xaph, I sort of suspected that you'd turn up sooner or later. The idea behind this is stated in the title post, but I'll summarize it here. This is (hopefully) going to be an organization that allows RPers to improve their writing skills by interacting with other members. We can share ideas, tips and constructive criticism.

Maegereg
Free Kenan

[This message has been edited by Maegereg (edited 12-15-2006 @ 05:12 PM).]

posted 12-15-06 07:40 PM EDT (US)     15 / 43  
Lol there is no ****ing way I am listing all the RPGs i've been in
posted 12-15-06 07:47 PM EDT (US)     16 / 43  
VIII. 'Nuff said. :P

posted 12-15-06 09:25 PM EDT (US)     17 / 43  
You don't have to kyp. I know you've been in more than I have. Just pick your 3 favorites.

So, now that we have a good number of members, I'll ask you all for constructive criticism. Tell me what I can do to improve my posting style.

Maegereg
Free Kenan

[This message has been edited by Maegereg (edited 12-16-2006 @ 04:52 PM).]

posted 12-17-06 02:52 PM EDT (US)     18 / 43  
Well, they could use a bit more environment description. You have a tendency to say "X character is here" rather than "where X character is looks, feels, and sounds like". On another note, what do you folks think of my latest posts? (the ones since Jedi Purge started) I've been trying to add some depth to them, but I still sometimes have trouble getting combat wording down. Any tips?

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
posted 12-19-06 07:46 PM EDT (US)     19 / 43  
They seem good. I see a couple of typos (pour vs. pore), but besides that they seem good. Lots of detail. I can't really call myself qualified to give you tips on those though. You need a better RPer than I.

Maegereg
Free Kenan
posted 12-19-06 09:25 PM EDT (US)     20 / 43  
I don't see how you have problems with the combat wording.

Your Bothan char in Clone Wars beat the living heck out of Anakin and Cody (I like the part where Anakin gets thrashed).

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
posted 12-19-06 09:55 PM EDT (US)     21 / 43  
Well laying a smackdown on a character doesn\'t mean that the wording is elegant and flowing...

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
posted 12-23-06 11:38 PM EDT (US)     22 / 43  
Yeah, but in your case, it doesn't seem to harm your writing either. I don't think the prose in any worse in the combat sequences.

Maegereg
Free Kenan
posted 12-26-06 11:13 AM EDT (US)     23 / 43  
@Maegereg

I would suggest the following.

First, make your posts longer. Larger typically is better. Add more description, add more dialog etc.

Second, space it out a bit more. One big block of text, regardless of its color (Although some are worse then others in this regard) hurts the eyes and makes it tough to read. Space it out into bits of just a few lines.

Sic Transit Gloria.

Merai: The fact that the Fourth Reich managed to blossom in SWU back in the summer before a mod FINALLY noticed what was going on just proves Dray, Blackie et al's point.
posted 12-26-06 08:04 PM EDT (US)     24 / 43  
Thanks. In terms of colors, I would recommend that everyone avoid blues and dark blues.

Maegereg
Free Kenan
posted 12-26-06 08:29 PM EDT (US)     25 / 43  
Advice?

posted 12-27-06 00:31 AM EDT (US)     26 / 43  
Breaking up the wall of text is great and all, but when you start breaking it up into 2-3 sentence chunks with a space between them, it just takes assloads of time to scroll down the page, so space in moderation, please.

Also - I will continue to be highly inactive over most of Xmas break. Sorry.

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
posted 12-30-06 03:51 PM EDT (US)     27 / 43  
Well, Cheapy, your posts seem pretty good to me. Though it's a bit hypocritical, perhaps slightly longer posts would be better? And perhaps a spell check (If you don't have it, Firefox 2 has a built in spell checking function)?

Maegereg
Free Kenan
posted 12-30-06 04:25 PM EDT (US)     28 / 43  
Name: Alexus
Credentials (RPG's participated in):
Hmm, hard to remember them all. Off the top of my head - RotS, ANH, Mandalorian Wars, FE, FE2, Jedi Purge, VII, VIII.

Boba Fettucinni said "Just a note to all.. Alexus is a masculine name as well. In fact it is Second Declension Masculine, Nominative Singular (meaning its a masculine noun, and thats the case used to make a singular subject in a sentence)in Latin."

I'M BACK MELONFARMERS

[This message has been edited by ALEXUS (edited 12-30-2006 @ 05:01 PM).]

posted 12-30-06 04:59 PM EDT (US)     29 / 43  
Name: Bando_Gora1138
Credentials: ORII: Remastered, Margera's SWN, Warlords, The Clone Wars RPG, KOTOR III, Empire's Bane: Resurrection, Legacy of the Force: Infinities(current moderator), Warlords V. 2.0, The Original Trilogy RPG

bando, ORII: Remastered doesn't exist... yet

Sic Transit Gloria.

posted 01-01-07 03:25 PM EDT (US)     30 / 43  
Well, whatever the name of that OR RPG I did with you was called.

Proud Bearer of the Imperial Legion of SWU's Distinguished Newbie Award
< o >
Someone needs to get a hold of Ocelot and put the NJO Mod Project back on the road.
"Your right, we should just unban everyone and let them go crazy. Who needs a orderly and friendly forum society when you can have total anarchy, eh?"-Blackmoon
FREE TIBET!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The Guild of SWU Role Players
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames