HG Main Mafia Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Secrets Mafia - GAME OVER SUCKAS
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 15  Next Page »
posted 07-21-10 07:45 PM CT (US)   
"In my dream I ran from a nameless fear. It had spawned death and had fallen from hell, a nameless fear covered in darkness. A nameless fear clothed in light. When I awoke I had cut myself. And my blood was white....

Moderator notes
-This game is closed communication unless specified in your role email.
-All normal rules apply
-There are no Vanilla roles
-Night will last a max of 48 hours

Winners!(Mafia)
3.Jameshook!
8.Bast worshiper
15.Ensemble nut

Dead

Newt gunray -Reviver(Two shot)-Caravan
Catabre -Suicidal-Lyncher 3rd party
Henrz -Usurper-Merchants
Racheltopaz -Vigilante-Caravan
Sneaky Squrrel -Detective-Caravan
Ashrz -Hider-Caravan
CatabreII -Weak Doctor-Caravan
Thymole -Necromancer-Cult
Gil -Elite bodyGuard-Cult
Mozzarella man -Inventor-Caravan
Heir of elessar -Doctor-Caravan
Dsmi1 -Serial Killer-3rd party

Best player(IMO)smi1
Best player that contributed the most: Ashrz

[This message has been edited by Coldviper (edited 08-17-2010 @ 09:29 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-21-10 07:47 PM CT (US)     1 / 747  
posted 07-21-10 07:50 PM CT (US)     2 / 747  
That 'I need a player' character looks quite suspicious!

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
posted 07-21-10 07:51 PM CT (US)     3 / 747  
Vote: I need a player!

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 07-21-10 07:58 PM CT (US)     4 / 747  
August 5th,

Finally after several days of travel we have finally sighted a town that we can rest in. The going has been slow and we've been struck with every possible obstacle an

[The following section of the page has been blotted out with split ink and some unrecognizable liquid.]

-why do I feel like this? I see mist and haze....I must get out.....

It is now night 0. Please send in your night actions.

[This message has been edited by Coldviper (edited 07-22-2010 @ 04:40 PM).]

posted 07-22-10 09:35 AM CT (US)     5 / 747  
I'm not loving the black text on black background
posted 07-22-10 09:52 AM CT (US)     6 / 747  
All right. I can replace I Need a Player. I've stopped visiting HG mobiley, which I think was what was causing the logging issues. I haven't been having any issues over at EEH, anyway. I'll give it a try and see.

EE forever
posted 07-22-10 10:45 AM CT (US)     7 / 747  
I haven't been having any issues over at EEH, anyway. I'll give it a try and see.
EEH is still active?

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 07-22-10 12:47 PM CT (US)     8 / 747  
The design boards are moderately so. I just have to post there mainly to keep my TC thread up to date. The community boards aren't really active anymore, though.

And Confirmatoire

EE forever
posted 07-22-10 02:47 PM CT (US)     9 / 747  
confirm

Life is simple
Eat, Sleep, Play Games
-------------------------------------------
Want to make arcade games for XBOX 360, send me an email programmingdafoe@hotmail.com
posted 07-22-10 03:39 PM CT (US)     10 / 747  
actions?
posted 07-22-10 04:27 PM CT (US)     11 / 747  
So we know that VC has an action.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 07-22-10 04:29 PM CT (US)     12 / 747  
You are at the liberty to assume that.
posted 07-22-10 04:30 PM CT (US)     13 / 747  
And I will.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 07-22-10 04:57 PM CT (US)     14 / 747  
One more action!
posted 07-23-10 08:25 AM CT (US)     15 / 747  
In my dream I saw a small figure. He was sitting quietly besides someones door half asleep watching...watching...

Then with horror I saw a masked figure come in through the door holding a long knife. With a diabolical scream he hurled himself at the figure and stabbed him through and through shouting,

"It's you! I've waited for this! Go home to your evil master!! No longer will you torment me!". In a few seconds the small figure of gil was revealed lying in a pool of white blood.

As I ran in horrible fear I stumbled over the body of Newt gunray also lying in a pool of white blood. His throat was slit. Then I awoke.

Newt gunray and Gil have been killed. It is now day one with 7 to lynch.

Newt gunray was a two shot reviver.
Gil was an elite body Guard that could protect once per night. If his target was targeted he would die as well as kill the attacker.

[This message has been edited by Coldviper (edited 07-23-2010 @ 08:29 AM).]

posted 07-23-10 08:34 AM CT (US)     16 / 747  
... Um. That was a... wow. Two shot reviver and bodyguard? Just... wow. :/
How do we move forward? Random vote? Cop result?

Quote (anonymous) You are the
smartest, yet dumbest person I've
ever met.

LOST: Brain. Pretty small. Lost
several years ago at birth. small reward.
posted 07-23-10 08:54 AM CT (US)     17 / 747  
Bummer,
Gone with the wind, er, fog. :P

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 07-23-10 09:17 AM CT (US)     18 / 747  
My role's rather long, so I'm not going to read it this second, but I confirm that I have received it.
Mine wasn't particularly long, lets start here.

Vote Mozzy
posted 07-23-10 09:38 AM CT (US)     19 / 747  
Very bad day start. We have to be very careful and get scum today or we could be in big trouble considering we might have at least two killing roles that are scum.

I'm going to wait to vote for Mozzy, as that's a pretty random vote, if I've ever seen one.

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
posted 07-23-10 09:54 AM CT (US)     20 / 747  
Two very nice power roles are gone is a damn shame. I agree with Hook about playing it safe, would be nice to let everyone check in and share any important information they have.
posted 07-23-10 10:21 AM CT (US)     21 / 747  
I don't suspect him for anything. It's just somewhere to start. Take whatever time y'all need
posted 07-23-10 10:36 AM CT (US)     22 / 747  
The bright side to look at is the bodyguard succeeded. The scum likely targeted a good player like Heir, and the bodyguard knew they had a good chance of being targeted, and so protected them. Of course, Gil may be a good player themself (ah I hate it when I have to use that word which doesn't exist.)

The two-shot reviver deal, on the other hand, is not so good.

With those things in mind, we either have a serial killer and a mafia. Or two serial killers. Based on the theme, I'm not sure how an entire mafia, much less an added serial killer, would fit in, but who knows.
Mine wasn't particularly long, lets start here.

Vote Mozzy
It is interesting that he said that and happened to not be targeted by scum last night, so I do concur with your vote. What's even more interesting is that he felt inclined to say that in the first place...

When did he even say that, anyway? I can't find the post.

EE forever
posted 07-23-10 10:44 AM CT (US)     23 / 747  
The bodyguard didn't work. If he had, there would have been three people dead, one of them scum.

Quote (anonymous) You are the
smartest, yet dumbest person I've
ever met.

LOST: Brain. Pretty small. Lost
several years ago at birth. small reward.
posted 07-23-10 10:46 AM CT (US)     24 / 747  
In the signups thread. It could easily have been missed so I don't think it makes him suspicious, it just implies he has an either flavorful and important, or obscure and detailed role
posted 07-23-10 10:50 AM CT (US)     25 / 747  
Oh, and having a two shot revived would generally imply a stronger scum team. We should keep that in mind
posted 07-23-10 10:51 AM CT (US)     26 / 747  
Holy crap they killed a reviver and a bodyguard...
The scum likely targeted a good player like Heir, and the bodyguard knew they had a good chance of being targeted, and so protected them.
You forgot the elite bodyguard also killed his target's killer so that would not be the case. The bodyguard was attacked directly.

So are we pressuring Mozzy?, I'm always in for a random vote.

Vote: Mozzy

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 07-23-10 01:10 PM CT (US)     27 / 747  
The bodyguard didn't work. If he had, there would have been three people dead, one of them scum.
What? I don't get what you mean. Can you explain?

posted 07-23-10 01:10 PM CT (US)     28 / 747  
Oh, ignore the above post, just realized that he was an elite bodyguard, which also kills the target. So yeah, as sneaky said, he was attacked directly.

posted 07-23-10 02:13 PM CT (US)     29 / 747  
Ok, so this is just a weak theory, but I think that because Gil was targeted for a kill last night, the killer might also be one of the players playing in Sneaky's mafia.

And... I'm getting a really scummy vibe off Hook. I think its something he said, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 07-23-10 02:19 PM CT (US)     30 / 747  
Come to think of it, even Newt is in Sneaky's game.

posted 07-23-10 04:31 PM CT (US)     31 / 747  
And... I'm getting a really scummy vibe off Hook. I think its something he said, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
What?

posted 07-23-10 04:40 PM CT (US)     32 / 747  
Oh, I missed the Elite part.

EE forever
posted 07-23-10 04:42 PM CT (US)     33 / 747  
But then why would there be three people dead? Wouldn't there only be two? Not trying to detract from the game, I'm just curious why three people would be dead.

EE forever
posted 07-23-10 04:46 PM CT (US)     34 / 747  
If scum attacked the target othe bodyguard the bodyguard would die but also kill the attacker. The revived was third
posted 07-23-10 04:46 PM CT (US)     35 / 747  
vote: Sneaky

I doubt that Mozzy is scum and reasoning is this, he assumed that I had a night action because of my late confirmation post (late confirmation post was simply because I'm practically working 16hr days right now

If you are scum and think you know of a player that your almost certain has an action you normally try to hit them, IMO, because they are obviously more a risk then a potential VT.

So my theory is, if Mozzy is scum he would have got his scum buddies to target me to kill me, since that didn't happen I (for now) think he's cleared. obviously new information/play style could change the opionion.

Sneaky was quick to jump on him for the random vote too, so hence my vote on him.

Life is simple
Eat, Sleep, Play Games
-------------------------------------------
Want to make arcade games for XBOX 360, send me an email programmingdafoe@hotmail.com
posted 07-23-10 04:51 PM CT (US)     36 / 747  
If scum attacked the target othe bodyguard the bodyguard would die but also kill the attacker. The revived was third
Oh, ok. I thought he meant in general, when involving a Elite bodyguard, three people die.

Anyway,
I doubt that Mozzy is scum and reasoning is this, he assumed that I had a night action because of my late confirmation post (late confirmation post was simply because I'm practically working 16hr days right now

If you are scum and think you know of a player that your almost certain has an action you normally try to hit them, IMO, because they are obviously more a risk then a potential VT.

So my theory is, if Mozzy is scum he would have got his scum buddies to target me to kill me, since that didn't happen I (for now) think he's cleared. obviously new information/play style could change the opionion.
But you also have to keep in mind that Mozzy is, in all likelihood, not stupid enough to target you or have his scum buddies target you after commenting on the fact that you probably had an action.

EE forever
posted 07-23-10 05:02 PM CT (US)     37 / 747  
I will read all of this stuff later. However, I feel that I can claim now--it's no big deal.

My role is called "Archeologist". Every night I may study two of six listed items (A, B, C, D, E, F). During that same night, I get a description of both chosen objects. Then I pick a person, and I target them with that object. The list refreshes each night. There's also a hell of a lot of flavor, which helped make it look really long. The role itself, I discovered, was not that long.

Last night I chose A and C. A was a disk thing, which I cut myself with while studying it. C was a box of potions. I told CV that if I didn't have to target somebody (I didn't know at the time) that I would like to use the sharp disk. I had a hunch that it was a weapon and was hoping that I could use it to make me a vigilante another night. However, CV told me that I needed to pick somebody, so I chose C because it was pretty clear that it would be a protection thing. I was correct, and I protected Sneaky_Squirrel.

I asked CV if the disk was in fact a weapon, but said that he couldn't tell me. I still believe that it was (seeing as how I cut myself).

I am not a doctor every night, I do not believe, so don't expect me to always be able to protect (but don't expect me to always kill either).

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 07-23-10 05:11 PM CT (US)     38 / 747  
Actually, there wasn't much to read, so I read it just now.
Mozzy is, in all likelihood, not stupid enough
I am just stupid enough, thanks!

I don't have much else to respond to.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 07-23-10 05:27 PM CT (US)     39 / 747  
So if I have this straight.

You are told of six items each night. You select two of them to get a further description of them. What's the point of the description if they don't tell you what they do?

And then you pick a person to use the object you pick, on them.

How exactly does an archaeologist fit into the story? That's my other question.

EE forever
posted 07-23-10 05:32 PM CT (US)     40 / 747  
That sounds like a fun role. It's pretty much random

the objects are obscure, so I believe him.
unvote
posted 07-23-10 05:42 PM CT (US)     41 / 747  
Mozzy sounds like an inventor with a slightly modified power.
Last night I chose A and C. A was a disk thing, which I cut myself with while studying it. C was a box of potions. I told CV that if I didn't have to target somebody (I didn't know at the time) that I would like to use the sharp disk. I had a hunch that it was a weapon and was hoping that I could use it to make me a vigilante another night. However, CV told me that I needed to pick somebody, so I chose C because it was pretty clear that it would be a protection thing. I was correct, and I protected Sneaky_Squirrel
Interesting. Cutting yourself while studying the object actually sound dangerous though. Hopefully, it wasn't a side affect and it got you poisoned or something. Either way, the role is pretty believable but I don't know why you claimed with almost no pressure. =/

posted 07-23-10 05:59 PM CT (US)     42 / 747  
@Ashrzr

The description gave me a pretty clear idea of what each object did without blatantly telling me. An archeologist fits in perfectly if you read my flavor. I just came back from Egypt (?) where I was looking at some ish. One of the lines was essentially, 'I get the same feeling I get when exploring tombs,' or whatever.
but I don't know why you claimed with almost no pressure. =/
I sensed that it was gonna grow. And I have no reason to hold back. Coldviper has said that there are no vanilla roles (a bit of information which I just noticed) so I don't think that my role revelation will make me that big of a target. And any experienced player here will know that I'm terrible, so I wouldn't be a good target anyway.

I've never had an inventor role before. Actually, I think I may have had one in a Reach-hosted game, but I'm not sure.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 07-23-10 06:01 PM CT (US)     43 / 747  
Oh, and Hook, I doubt that I was poisoned. That occurred to me, but it didn't really mention anything to confirm those types of suspicion.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 07-23-10 06:04 PM CT (US)     44 / 747  
Unvote

I am inclined to believe your claim.

So where do we go from here?, I'm not good taking the lead.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 07-23-10 06:06 PM CT (US)     45 / 747  
I'm an inventor in your mafia now, Sneaky! This is ridiculous.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 07-23-10 06:13 PM CT (US)     46 / 747  
He wants to clear his name. It is a little suspicious, but I do the same semi-frequently.
With those things in mind, we either have a serial killer and a mafia. Or two serial killers. Based on the theme, I'm not sure how an entire mafia, much less an added serial killer, would fit in, but who knows.
My thoughts exactly. I'm thinking tone sk+2 person mafia is the case. 2 sk's would make the town OP and 1 sk+3 person mafia would be OP for scum.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 07-23-10 08:28 PM CT (US)     47 / 747  
I dont see the big deal with claiming. Even though it was only minor pressure, if he didnt claim after another vote or so people would have been like HE IS STALLING VERY SCUM LIKE. Especially given his role could be considered at least at this stage not a major one I think its the right call. At least what I would have done anyway.
posted 07-24-10 04:03 AM CT (US)     48 / 747  
What?
Just felt like it, but obviously can't ask you to claim over a hunch.

Also, Mozzy's claim sounds believable enough to me.

posted 07-24-10 06:17 AM CT (US)     49 / 747  
Short note: Up for replacement.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 07-24-10 09:00 AM CT (US)     50 / 747  
You mean "Up as replacement".

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 15  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Secrets Mafia - GAME OVER SUCKAS
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames