You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

HG Main Mafia Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Religion Mafia - Game Thread (Day 4)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
posted 08-12-10 01:25 PM CT (US)   

Religion: the driving force and hindrance of the world.

Newt_Gunray, gil_abhas_gilad, THYMOLE, and sneaky_squirrel have won! Rejoice!

Moderator Email: ashrzr@gmail.com
Game Phase: END GAME: TOWN VICTORY

Current Players:
01. Newt_Gunray (Hinduism; Jack of all Trades; Town)
02. [Gil_abhaas_galad (Taoism; Mason - Town)
03. Briguy (Christianity; Jailer; Town)
04. Mozzerella Man (Jehova's Witnesses; Persuasive Godfather; Outcast Crew)
05. [THYMOLE (Agnosticism; Iron Noble Survivor; Third-Party)
06. Bingo Little (Atheism; Serial Vote-Restrictor One-Shot Killer; Third-Party)
07. GoSailing (Buddhism; Naive Cop; Mason - Town)
08. r4z0r94 (Judaism; Vanilla Townie)
09. Henrz (Scientology; Brain Surgeon; Town)
10. [Sneaky_squirrel (Pantheism; Cop; Town)
11. Ensemble_Nut (Humanism; Watcher; Town)
12. b]dsmi1 (Islam; Miller Roleblocker Mafia Convertee; Outcast Crew)
13. Heir of Elessar (Satanism; Mafia Hitman; Outcast Crew)

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts -- double post if necessary. Discretion from the mod will be used to determine a punishment if needed. Make sure you include everything you want to say into one post to avoid multiple-posting/editing; preview your posts several times.
  • Do not reveal any information (including investigation results, specifics about your role, etc.) after your character has died. Up until then you may reveal anything except when noted.
  • This game is closed communication -- strategize in this thread only, unless your role states otherwise. There are occasions where you may speak to others via email or other communication methods, but unless this is noted, you are not permitted to do so.
  • No strategizing during the night phase, such as telling the doctor who to protect, the cop to investigate, etc. I do allow talking at this time, however.
  • Follow HG's Code of Conduct at all times.
  • Do not directly quote any emails whatsoever. Paraphrase.
  • During the day phase, players vote to lynch by a solid majority. If the lynch majority is met, there is no turning back. You cannot unvote to discount the lynch. To cast your own vote type Vote: "Name". It's preferred that you bold it.
  • If you change your vote or decide to keep from voting for a while, type Unvote. Also preferred that you bold it.

EE forever

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 09-26-2010 @ 07:21 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 08-12-10 01:38 PM CT (US)     1 / 598  
    Imagine if religions could be personified and
    stuck in a room. Yeah, that's not possible, but God works
    in mysterious ways, and so just pretend that I'm God.

So, I'm working in mysterious ways and personifying some
    religions, which would be you guys. I've stuck you all in
    a room. Some shall band together in harmony, and some shall
    cause chaos -- what side will you be on, and what shall be
    your result? The fate of this room, and the people in it,
    is in your hands, Young (or sometimes Old) Religion.

Do everyone proud.

It is now Night 0
    Send in all actions to ashrzr@gmail.com
    Day will commence within 48 hours

EE forever
    posted 08-12-10 02:52 PM CT (US)     2 / 598  
    Are we talking about Rome the city or Rome the empire?
    Rome the empire, as last I checked there was no Roma in Judea!

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 08-12-10 08:17 PM CT (US)     3 / 598  
    Are you guys going to continue that into the game thread?

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
    Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
    posted 08-12-10 09:36 PM CT (US)     4 / 598  
    It's fine if they do. I don't mind talking at night, unlike most hosts. It's just strategizing like "you were really scummy because x, y, and z so the cop should investigate you" and stuff like that which I don't like at night.

EE forever
    posted 08-13-10 11:21 PM CT (US)     5 / 598  
    Its been a long time since I've been in an Ashrzr mafia. I'm excited

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
    posted 08-14-10 00:37 AM CT (US)     6 / 598  
    I think I've never played in an Ash game that has been fully completed.

Basically, this is just an omen that this game will be completed.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 08-14-10 09:43 AM CT (US)     7 / 598  
    Or not.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
    Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

posted 08-15-10 08:52 AM CT (US)     8 / 598  
    Day will be posted tomorrow, I promise.

EE forever
    posted 08-16-10 12:01 PM CT (US)     9 / 598  
    Needless to say, there was plenty of pandemonium going
    on around the room. Religions can't talk to each other, but that's
    pretty much what was happening (just use your imagination.) Some
    were bickering about their God, some were rolling their eyes at
    both sides of the discussion, and some were just looking at everyone
    with an evil look in their eyes.

But unfortunately (or maybe not) one of these fights struck too far,
    and somehow one of the religions killed one of the other ones, which
    yes, doesn't make any sense.** Christianty,one of the more confident
    religions, thought it right to impose their will on others early on.

"You believe in the protection of all, but at what costs?!" shouted
    one religion.
    "You don't even go far enough with it!" shouted another.

In the end, it was a bloody end for poor Christianity. Specifically,
    the end entailed a swinging axe, but that's as far as I shall go.

**I'm going to stop pointing out how none of this makes any
    sense from this point forth.

Christianity (Briguy) has been killed. He could protect a target and also roleblock them each night.
    It is now Day 1.
    With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

EE forever

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 08-16-2010 @ 12:02 PM).]

posted 08-16-10 12:39 PM CT (US)     10 / 598  
    Im going to be out for about a week. just to let you all know.
    posted 08-16-10 04:34 PM CT (US)     11 / 598  
    Very nice. Weird that Christianity as a whole has been killed, instead of Lutheranism.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 08-16-10 04:37 PM CT (US)     12 / 598  
    I hit post reply before I was ready, but now I forget what else I was going to say.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 08-16-10 05:17 PM CT (US)     13 / 598  
    I'll be needing a replacement.
    posted 08-16-10 05:32 PM CT (US)     14 / 598  
    Come on, you guys can't even play in a mafia game together anymore... ok...

Bingo Little will also be replaced.

EE forever
    posted 08-16-10 05:36 PM CT (US)     15 / 598  
    Could you maybe hold on a little with Ben? I want to see what's up. I don't think he's in France at the moment.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 08-16-10 05:36 PM CT (US)     16 / 598  
    It's not that I can't play with him. It's just I don't have a lot of time to play mafia with my upcoming Lifeguard examination.
    posted 08-16-10 05:37 PM CT (US)     17 / 598  
    Ben just got back from Bible Camp. I'm talking to him now. He can be active still; no need to replace.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 08-16-10 05:38 PM CT (US)     18 / 598  
    I was, as I said in signups, at Bible Camp.

Obviously it was a waste of time since Christianity's been, ahem, axed.

*boom boom*

no? no?

Okay, no.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 08-16-10 05:40 PM CT (US)     19 / 598  
    Oh, ok. Apologies Ben, you can stay.

EE forever
    posted 08-16-10 06:21 PM CT (US)     20 / 598  
    Shall we mass religion-claim?

To kick start this, I'm a Jehovah's Witness.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 08-16-10 06:22 PM CT (US)     21 / 598  
    ... and that would entail?

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 08-16-10 06:24 PM CT (US)     22 / 598  
    I'm just looking at flavor at the moment. I also want to hear about any guilty results cops may have had.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 08-16-10 06:47 PM CT (US)     23 / 598  
    sign me up as a replacement
    posted 08-16-10 06:59 PM CT (US)     24 / 598  
    Sure thing.

Heir of Elessar has replaced ColdViper.

EE forever
    posted 08-16-10 07:14 PM CT (US)     25 / 598  
    A religion claim is a good way to start off. While I don't believe all the major religions might be present, I also don't believe they'd all be super-powerful roles. So at the very least we have some groundwork covered on catching a lie.

I'm Islam.

More thoughts to follow.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 08-16-10 07:15 PM CT (US)     26 / 598  
    I agree with a mass religion claim making sense. I am Hinduism.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
    "Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
    "His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
    "And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
    "Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
    posted 08-16-10 07:21 PM CT (US)     27 / 598  
    Confirmed!

I dunno if it's actually a good idea to be claiming all of our religions so early. I'll do it if the rest of the town concurs, so...

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 08-16-10 07:22 PM CT (US)     28 / 598  
    I'm game, Pantheism.

For those who don't know, we think the universe is God so we do not think in an anthropomorphic god etc.

It is a shame they killed my religion night 0 ;p.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    posted 08-17-10 01:38 AM CT (US)     29 / 598  
    I'm humanism.

Quote (anonymous) You are the
    smartest, yet dumbest person I've
    ever met.

LOST: Brain. Pretty small. Lost
    several years ago at birth. small reward.
    posted 08-17-10 06:28 AM CT (US)     30 / 598  
    And I'm atheism.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 08-17-10 07:04 AM CT (US)     31 / 598  
    I have to say, atheism sounds to me like the serial killer. What is your role, Bingo?

Quote (anonymous) You are the
    smartest, yet dumbest person I've
    ever met.

LOST: Brain. Pretty small. Lost
    several years ago at birth. small reward.
    posted 08-17-10 07:08 AM CT (US)     32 / 598  
    An Atheism role in a religion mafia does sound like a scummy role. Not sure, mind you, but it does sound that way. Mind explaining your role?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 08-17-10 09:25 AM CT (US)     33 / 598  
    Everyone should claim first.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 08-17-10 10:36 AM CT (US)     34 / 598  
    I'm a vanilla townie - I've got no specific beliefs and [therefore no quirks. Surely an SK would be antitheism or something particularly militant?

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 08-17-10 11:00 AM CT (US)     35 / 598  
    Humanism is a religion?!

I still don't see how this helps, all we're doing is giving our flavor away pointlessly. I doubt any religions can be marked as downright good or bad, so religion claims won't help.

posted 08-17-10 11:08 AM CT (US)     36 / 598  
    I still don't see how this helps, all we're doing is giving our flavor away pointlessly. I doubt any religions can be marked as downright good or bad, so religion claims won't help.
    The idea is to lock people into their religion claims early so that scum can't come up with a better claim as more information is available. I don't think its likely to do much but I guess its too late to stop it from happening. I'm Bhuddism.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 08-17-10 11:09 AM CT (US)     37 / 598  
    Oh, and after others finish claiming their religions, I personally would like to see both Humanism and Atheism give a more complete role claim.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
    posted 08-17-10 11:27 AM CT (US)     38 / 598  
    But won't this allow scum to come up with a better claim anyway? At least earlier we had a chance of a counter claim, not so much now.

posted 08-17-10 11:35 AM CT (US)     39 / 598  
    Heir has a point. But if we hadn't religion-claimed, we wouldn't know that there's only one of each religion, anyway. Not that it really matters. Besides, the important claims are the roles.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 08-17-10 11:56 AM CT (US)     40 / 598  
    But if we hadn't religion-claimed, we wouldn't know that there's only one of each religion, anyway.
    That was basically a given.

posted 08-17-10 12:08 PM CT (US)     41 / 598  
    I didn't know that.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 08-17-10 02:48 PM CT (US)     42 / 598  
    posted 08-17-10 03:58 PM CT (US)     43 / 598  
    Yep, that helps, Thy.

Do you also agree with my point, Sails? If yes, STOP THIS MADNESS!

posted 08-17-10 04:03 PM CT (US)     44 / 598  
    There seems to be quite a few non-religions, with Humanism, Atheism and Agnosticism making appearances. Interesting.

"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
    "His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
    posted 08-17-10 04:09 PM CT (US)     45 / 598  
    I agree with Heir that this is a waste of time. Obviously, though, I'll claim if necessary.

posted 08-17-10 04:18 PM CT (US)     46 / 598  
    We do actually have most of the nameclaims already.

Mozzy - Jehovah's Witness
    Briguy - Christianity
    Xzyiothe - Islam
    Newt - Hinduism
    Sneaky - Pantheism
    Ensemble - Humanism
    Bingo - Atheism
    GoSailing - Buddhism
    Thymole - Agnostic
    Heir - ?
    Bast - ?
    Henrz - ?
    Catabre - ?

posted 08-17-10 05:32 PM CT (US)     47 / 598  
    Fine.

Judaism.

posted 08-17-10 06:01 PM CT (US)     48 / 598  
    I tend to disagree with heir, I believe this is turning out beneficial to identify scum. All the non belief religions being scum would also be too obvious so I wouldn't rip on Atheism for the time being.

I also do not mean to go too fast but I believe a random pressure is in order.

Vote: Xzyothe
    He was the first to name claim which is why I chose him (Purely off random criteria which I just specified).

Knowing a complete role would help us find a context in these claims. (Scum might "make up" roles as mentioned, but what the town needs is information to work with so scum cannot confuse us to a ridiculous extent taking advantage of our ignorance)

@Heir of Elessar
    Yep, that helps, Thy.

Do you also agree with my point, Sails? If yes, STOP THIS MADNESS!
    Care to give us a reason, justification or motive for this suggestion of yours?
    But won't this allow scum to come up with a better claim anyway? At least earlier we had a chance of a counter claim, not so much now.
    Counterclaims are not necessarily beneficial, scum might end up convincing us he is the real role. Giving the mafia another night to kill and making us lynch a townie.

@Mozzy
    Heir has a point. But if we hadn't religion-claimed, we wouldn't know that there's only one of each religion, anyway. Not that it really matters. Besides, the important claims are the roles.
    I believe this was already clear to us when Christianity was announced dead.

@GoSailing
    Oh, and after others finish claiming their religions, I personally would like to see both Humanism and Atheism give a more complete role claim.
    I personally would prefer we random voted, as I already mentioned these roles would be too obvious as scum. (My guess is that scum allegiances were randomly assigned as to not give scum a handicap)

@Xzyothe
    Everyone should claim first.
    I second this considering you meant name claims.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    posted 08-17-10 07:28 PM CT (US)     49 / 598  
    Your random criteria is invalid. I was second, if it arbitrarily matters.
    Counterclaims are not necessarily beneficial
    Is there a category I can elect this post for? How about 'The Sneaky Award', how do you like it, Ash?

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 08-17-10 07:31 PM CT (US)     50 / 598  
    Also I don't see why I should claim now when you agree with me when I say everyone should claim their religion. It really should have been worded "You should full claim... After everyone names their religion".

For your unwillingness to trade one townie for scum (always a good trade) I'd love to throw you up on the same bloc, but I want all the information we've previously decided was safe to divulge before I lay any votes down.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Religion Mafia - Game Thread (Day 4)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    HeavenGames