loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Storyteller's Mafia V: Batman: Lockdown - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
posted 09-05-10 10:23 AM CT (US)   
Storyteller’s Mafia V: Batman: Lockdown

Bingo Little, with help From Sir Wulf and Davstar

Rules:
  • Editing posts is less cool than rubber nipples on the batsuit. Don't edit your own, and don't edit others.
  • Dead men tell no tales. No in character posts or posts which are relevant to the game are to be made if you hop it.
  • Any communication you receive from me is private, and may not be quoted. Ever. Under any circumstances. Even under interrogation by The Dark Knight himself.
  • It's a closed communication game. You may not talk about the game (other than to say what a brilliant job I'm doing hosting and what a dashing fellow I happen to be) outside the thread unless your role specifically says so.
  • The only sounds that echo through Arkham at night tend to be screaming. No one talks at night in thread.
  • Batman: the brave and the bold! Vote in bold when you vote at all: [b]vote: Bingo Little[/b]
  • If you have a question, and it isn't about where babies come from, email me or ask me on msn or activate the Bat Signal. Just don't ask in thread.
  • Write any night actions up properly in character: actions that are of inadequate length will not be used.
    General information:
  • The game will start on Day One.
  • Lynches require a simple majority. For those with bad maths, the number needed shall be posted every day.
  • Days will last as long as they need to, within reason. If I sense that the day isn't going anywhere, or it's just getting ridiculous, I shall give a warning of how long there is before night falls.
  • Nights will last exactly three days, or as close as I am able to make. It is your responsibility, not mine, to get your night action in.
  • All roles will be assigned randomly.

Alive:

1. Newt_Gunray - mideonsworld@aol.com
    2. Heir of Elessar - ritvikmats@gmail.com
    3. Thymole - thymole@yahoo.com
    4. Buffychick85 - lisa.dafoe@hotmail.com
    5. Henrz - henrz.me@hotmail.com
    6. Ashrzr - ashrzr@gmail.com
    7. Xaph - xaphianion@gmail.com
    8. Mozzarella Man - pspaperstacks@gmail.com
    9. Kingtob - toby.king.92@googlemail.com
    10. Gil_abhaas_galad - mohanabhaas@gmail.com
    11. R4z0r94 - domda94@hotmail.co.uk
    12. Maegereg - maegereg@gmail.com
    13. CharlieDog - charliedog88@gmail.com
    14. Ensemble_Nut - splitting_headache2@hotmail.com
    15. Ensemble_Nut - splitting_headache2@hotmail.com
    16. sneaky_ squirrel - tyrano-coke[at]hotmail[period]com
    17. fphhotchips - fphhotchips@fphhotchips.com
    18. Coldviper - hgcoldviper@hotmail.com
    19. theferret - theferretnj@hotmail.com
    20. EnemyofJupitor - eojup@hotmail.co.uk

Dead:

Dr Jeremiah Arkham, probably. Not a player character.
    Jervis Tetch - Coldviper - Insane cop.
    Azrael - Ensemble_Nut - one shot vig
    Catwoman - R4z0r94 - tracker
    Killer Croc - Xaph - mafia (with The Penguin)
    Two Face - Kingtob - serial killer half chance of saving.
    The Joker - theferret - mafia (with, well, The Joker)
    The Riddler - Gil - survivor cop
    Harleen Quinzel - fphhotchips - one shot friendly neighbour, with potential to be converted by Joker.
    Lyle Bolton - Charliedog888 - Jailer, with potential to be converted by Penguin.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

[This message has been edited by Bingo Little (edited 11-03-2010 @ 06:42 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 09-05-10 10:34 AM CT (US)     1 / 1694  
    Once again, we find ourselves in Arkham Asylum. This room is slightly more opulent than the other stark cells – the furnishings and wall hangings look comfortable. Even in these much stricter days, there are rumours of corruption – and, with The Penguin, it is very easy to see why. Dressed as impeccably as ever, the Penguin lounges on a comfortable velvet chair that is most certainly not standard Arkham issue. He's not, however, the only man in the room. An even smaller, somewhat shaky shape can be seen standing in front of him, muttering nervously.

Jervis Tetch. The Mad Hatter. One of the minor successes of Arkham's new psychiatric programme, although as his therapist Doctor Quinzel would say, it's a long, long road to recovery. Some of Jervis' more extreme delusions have been cured, and he is what Arkham staff jokingly refer to as an “ex rogue” - yet while he is no longer likely to commit criminal acts of the sort he became famed for, it is highly unlikely he will ever be able to function fully in society, although he repeatedly and enthusiastically claims that he wishes to help the world. In fact, it's that that he's here about.

“What did you hear, Jervis?”

The Penguin appears relaxed, but he's tense. There's definitely trouble brewing in Arkham – and trouble here, just after he's got the Asylum running more or less how he wants it, is not what he wants. So if, as Jervis says, Joker and Scarecrow have been plotting, then The Penguin has every reason to be worried.

“I don't... I don't know if I should tell you. Maybe I should tell Dr Arkham or Dr Quinzel, or, or...”

The Penguin sighed. He'd had enough of this – it was time they got whatever information the little shit was hiding, and quickly. He gestured to the huge presence looming by the door. “Croc? Loosen Jervis' tongue a little.” Jervis was a crawler, always had been – never powerful enough to be a big league villain. Now he'd so publicly renounced a life of crime – or, as he put it, “The ways of evil”, he has no friends left in the asylum, and was more scared than ever.

Jervis started screaming as soon as the arms pinned him back against the wall.. Killer Croc was incredibly strong, and under no real obligation to be gentle. The little man was physically shaking with fear.

“What did you hear, Jervis?” Silence. On an almost imperceptible nod from The Penguin, a huge fist slam's into Tetch's abdomen. “Are you ready to talk now? Just nod or shake.”

Visibly winded, the little man nods his head, and is released. It takes him a while to get his breath back, but he spits out the words as quickly as he can manage, eager to get out of here. “Joker and Scarecrow. Breakout – soon. New... kind... of... fear... gas.”

“I think we've learned all we need to here. A breakout isn't what I wanted, but these things can always be useful. Release our friend Jervis here, Croc. We have plans to make.”

...and one night, one night they decide they don't like living in an asylum any more. They decide they're going to escape!

“...even stronger than usual. Did you see? He didn't even know who we were, just that he was scared and suspicious.”

The conversation is taking place in the darkest and most remote of Arkham's basements. The only illumination comes from a single bare bulb, shining across a huge amount of purloined scientific equipment – as well as empty bottles of what seem to be mainly cleaning chemicals. At first, there seem to be two people in the room, but, looking carefully in the poor light, it's just possible to make out another man, hunched over on the floor. The ragged rise and fall of his shoulders show he is breathing – but only just.

“Well, what did I tell you, Scarecrow? I'm a genius with chemicals. Now, you go find us another friend or two, and sort out those gasmasks. I'll take care of our guinea pig here.” Scarecrow leaves the room, leaving just the Joker, crouching down on a level with the figure of a ruined man on the floor. “Well, how are you doing, Matthew?” A muffled groan comes from the heap on the floor. The Joker continues, regardless, his voice filling with an almost manic cheerfulness. “You know, you mustn't be surprised that I know your name... after all, it's on your canteen staff badge! But you really don't look too good... how about we put a smile on that face?”

Arkham is an old building, with stone cellars. The sick, twisted laughter, echoed around for a very, very long time, until you could barely tell it from the screaming.

Confirm here, please

bloody hell, 4750 words of role emails takes a while to write.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

[This message has been edited by Bingo Little (edited 09-05-2010 @ 04:35 PM).]

posted 09-05-10 10:37 AM CT (US)     2 / 1694  
    K.

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
    posted 09-05-10 10:56 AM CT (US)     3 / 1694  
    Confirmed.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
    Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
    I was being stupid. - Herr
    posted 09-05-10 11:22 AM CT (US)     4 / 1694  
    posted 09-05-10 11:45 AM CT (US)     5 / 1694  
    Confirmed

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
    "Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
    "His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
    "And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
    "Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
    posted 09-05-10 12:59 PM CT (US)     6 / 1694  
    Confirmatoire

EE forever
    posted 09-05-10 01:05 PM CT (US)     7 / 1694  
    k

4:45 PM - Papaya: can I say that I want to put a ****ing knife in his throat and then take it back

If you don't like it here, we're not making you stay, so please, feel free to leave so Hook and I can make love to each other in peace.~ Shanks
    posted 09-05-10 01:18 PM CT (US)     8 / 1694  
    Confirmed.

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
    I love you in a totally platonic way Xaph - Jon Rolos | Xaph does mutha****in' win the thread. - Anakin
    Xaph, I wish you were my friend IRL - Boba Fettucini
    Well I think it's obvious why Peter Noone would care about Xaph - Newt_Gunray
    Xaph is suddenly full of win! - Zaarin | Xaph, how often do you win threads? Because you just won this one - Catabre
    posted 09-05-10 01:38 PM CT (US)     9 / 1694  
    Confirmed
    posted 09-05-10 02:51 PM CT (US)     10 / 1694  
    Confirmed!

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 09-05-10 04:10 PM CT (US)     11 / 1694  
    Confirmé

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 09-05-10 04:51 PM CT (US)     12 / 1694  
    Bestätigt

"Xeno is clearly the evil Chuck Norris reincarnate" - Major Helper
    "Honestly, I thought Nick Clegg was a classmate of Dom's" - Mozzarella Man
    "HIS POOR GRAMMAR MAKES SENSE NOW, HE IS AN ELEPHANT" - Ashrzr
    "sometimes, I get that paranoid feeling that someone knows I'm watching them" - Rotaretilbo
    "I have no intention of confirming or denying whether or not I have or do masturbate" - Rotaretilbo
    posted 09-05-10 04:54 PM CT (US)     13 / 1694  
    oops sorry for the german, Confirmed*

"sometimes, I get that paranoid feeling that someone knows I'm watching them" - Rotaretilbo
    "I have no intention of confirming or denying whether or not I have or do masturbate" - Rotaretilbo
    posted 09-05-10 05:05 PM CT (US)     14 / 1694  
    Don't be sorry. My next game, you'll have to use a non-English word for confirming.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
    Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
    posted 09-05-10 05:15 PM CT (US)     15 / 1694  
    My next game you'll have to film a youtube video of yourself confirming via the medium of interpretative dance.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 09-05-10 05:22 PM CT (US)     16 / 1694  
    The game after my next one will actually involve you writing a narrative in which you confirm. All in bold, of course, so that I don't miss it.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 09-05-10 07:03 PM CT (US)     17 / 1694  
    The game after my next one will involve you writing a Viking Saga in which you confirm.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 09-05-10 07:43 PM CT (US)     18 / 1694  
    Confirmed again .

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    posted 09-05-10 08:03 PM CT (US)     19 / 1694  
    Confirmed!!!
    posted 09-05-10 09:59 PM CT (US)     20 / 1694  
    Email has not arrived. I have checked my spam folders.

Maegereg
    ,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 09-06-10 00:04 AM CT (US)     21 / 1694  
    confirmed.

Official OD Fantasy Football Champion
    Official OD Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion
    Official Champion of Gender-Confused Forumers Everywhere
    "ferret has a well-known reputation for trickery and deception"
    posted 09-06-10 00:17 AM CT (US)     22 / 1694  
    In my defense, I received my role email before said "game thread" was created.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    posted 09-06-10 00:29 AM CT (US)     23 / 1694  
    Firm

Quote (anonymous) You are the
    smartest, yet dumbest person I've
    ever met.

LOST: Brain. Pretty small. Lost
    several years ago at birth. small reward.
    posted 09-06-10 01:49 AM CT (US)     24 / 1694  
    Confirmed
    posted 09-06-10 03:29 AM CT (US)     25 / 1694  
    Kinda Firm.

Resident Crazy Australian at www.fphclan.com- Its not a clan, its a way of life.
    posted 09-06-10 07:26 AM CT (US)     26 / 1694  
    In any next game, I'm just gonna write confirmed.

Not firm, or even kinda firm.

Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
    posted 09-06-10 09:29 AM CT (US)     27 / 1694  
    In my defense, I received my role email before said "game thread" was created.
    I hit the 'post topic' button twenty seconds or so after the last email sent
    Email has not arrived. I have checked my spam folders.
    It was sent to maegreg@gmail.com - I'm assuming that's the right address?

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 09-06-10 10:03 AM CT (US)     28 / 1694  
    Nope. maegereg@gmail.com, same as my forum name. e before the r.

Maegereg
    "404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
    Free Kenan
    posted 09-06-10 10:19 AM CT (US)     29 / 1694  
    Confirmed.

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
    Wasting time is merely an occupation then, and a most exhausting one. Idleness, like kisses, to be sweet must be stolen." -- Jerome K. Jerome

"Some people become so expert at reading between the lines they don't read the lines." -- Margaret Millar

ERADICATE CONDESCENSION! (That means don't talk down to people.)
    posted 09-06-10 10:25 AM CT (US)     30 / 1694  
    We're waiting for Kingtob I think.

posted 09-06-10 10:27 AM CT (US)     31 / 1694  
    Sorry, evidently copied it down wrong.

I didn't get a delivery failure, so someone with that email address is very confused about now...

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 09-06-10 11:37 AM CT (US)     32 / 1694  
    So, we startin with night or day
    posted 09-06-10 11:51 AM CT (US)     33 / 1694  
    Day one.

Why does nobody read main posts anymore these days? :S

I love you in a totally platonic way Xaph - Jon Rolos | Xaph does mutha****in' win the thread. - Anakin
    Xaph is suddenly full of win! - Zaarin | Xaph, how often do you win threads? Because you just won this one - Catabre
    posted 09-06-10 12:06 PM CT (US)     34 / 1694  
    Why does nobody read main posts anymore these days? :S
    either lazy or stupid, i dunno...

posted 09-06-10 12:11 PM CT (US)     35 / 1694  
    One day, I'll edit everyone's role into the main thread and see if anyone notices.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 09-06-10 12:40 PM CT (US)     36 / 1694  
    most people probably wont...
    go on do it!!!

posted 09-06-10 12:53 PM CT (US)     37 / 1694  
    Naa.

However, the list is up at my blog in my signature.

There are quite a few posts, so you might have to read all of them.

And check back regularly.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 09-06-10 03:19 PM CT (US)     38 / 1694  
    either lazy or stupid, i dunno...
    Me is lazy.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 09-06-10 03:25 PM CT (US)     39 / 1694  
    Any communication you receive from me is private, and may not be quoted. Ever. Under any circumstances. Even under interrogation by The Dark Knight himself.
    Even the Joker spilled his guts when The Dark Knight came calling, what chance do us mere mortals have?

Also, this might be a good time to go back to having the Joker in your avatar, Xaph.

posted 09-06-10 03:47 PM CT (US)     40 / 1694  
    We should all put our roles in our avatars

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 09-06-10 05:09 PM CT (US)     41 / 1694  
    It is about time for a change, but I never tell the same joke twice.

posted 09-06-10 10:34 PM CT (US)     42 / 1694  
    Confirmed

Maegereg
    Free Kenan
    posted 09-06-10 10:53 PM CT (US)     43 / 1694  
    Thanks for the spam, Sneaky.

posted 09-06-10 11:23 PM CT (US)     44 / 1694  
    As if I care?

posted 09-07-10 00:17 AM CT (US)     45 / 1694  
    Pressure vote: Newt

Only because you're at the top of the list.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 09-07-10 00:49 AM CT (US)     46 / 1694  
    Why are you trying to sell me TVs?

And I am doing well recently. Thanks for asking.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
    posted 09-07-10 02:05 AM CT (US)     47 / 1694  
    As if I care?
    I'm going to forward my entire spambox to you if you don't start caring soon.

posted 09-07-10 05:16 AM CT (US)     48 / 1694  
    Lynch Sneaky for spamming.

posted 09-07-10 11:42 AM CT (US)     49 / 1694  
    since we have two people left to confirm - and I want to actually make sure maegereg gets his role...

don't go voting yet.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 09-07-10 11:47 AM CT (US)     50 / 1694  
    Hmm who else is left to confirm???

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Storyteller's Mafia V: Batman: Lockdown - Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    HeavenGames