Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Dante's House of Love *Game Thread*
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
posted 03-06-12 05:15 PM CT (US)   

Introduction

Welcome my Lovelies to my humble abode. You might not know where you are or for that matter who you are, but that's understandable. You have all been drugged and effectively poisoned for trespassing on the holy ground that is my home. I do not take kindly to intruders and most importantly, I am bored. So deathly bored. I suppose I should tell you how to escape before you die in a pool of your own vomit, while your body is in a medically induced coma. The key is *Laugh* yes the key is, keys. A few of them in fact have been concealed among your group. Some of you have one, some of you don't. The answers lay within yourselves. Very much inside yourselves, or at least inside of others. Anyways, I draw weary of speaking to my house guests so I'll go back to watching the cameras as you tear each other apart. Be a doll would you and at least die interestingly.Rot.Henrz.Barcaii.Sodamister.Eruletho.Herr.Plake.Devil.
http://youtu.be/ZWZCuI6FWOg

Expect the unexpected, Everyone will lie.
You are an intruder in my house, you will not be treated kindly.
A Cigar is never just a Cigar
In a Cave of Shadows, is where your God hides.

Host Email : SirDanteHost@hotmail.com

It is currently, Day 2

The Victims and Status

Nine to Lynch

Newt_Gunray
Henrz
Herr Heir
Major Helper
CarolKarine
Athens_2008
Ashrzr
Draconian Devil
Rotaretilbo
Sodamister
Peanutphobia
Sarn
Bulba Khan
Xenophone
Plake
Daimond Daimondo
Barcaii
Popeychops
BBJynne

Current Replacements

Herr Heir

Rules:

The Mod is God, Any mistake made by the Mod is not a mistake and is on the shoulders of the player until the game is said and done. Only then will any mistakes made be brought up or complaints brought forward about the set up. ONLY AFTER THE GAME HAS BEEN COMPLETED
Roles will be distributed entirely randomly, using an automated list randomiser.
The host may refuse to allow any player it participate in the game for a number of reasons (e.g. those who have been inactive in previous games, those who have demonstrated a lack of understanding of the game, those who complain about "vanilla" roles or hosting methods, etc.).
The game will start on Day 1
Each day phase will continue until a single player has the majority (greater than half) of votes on them, which will result in that player being lynched. For example, if 10 players remain, 6 votes on a single player will result in that player being lynched (even if one or more voters changes their mind after these votes have accumulated). IF a lynch is not decided on within one week of the Day period starting a Lottery will be handled by the host which will decide what player is randomly lynched.
Each night phase will last 48 hours. EXACTLY 48 HOURS If you do not email your night actions to the host within the designated night period then you may be granted leniency but this is at the host's discretion. You are strongly advised to decide and perform night actions on time.
To vote a player to be lynched, you must bold your choice. An example of the formatting you can use is shown below:
Vote: Forummer X.

In order to change your vote, you must unvote your original choice first. It greatly helps the host if you specifiy who you are unvoting. The following is an example of an acceptable change of vote:
Unvote: Forummer X.
Vote: Forummer Y.

You cannot vote for yourself.
THIS GAME DOES NOT HAVE NO LYNCHES
The game ends when every team is dead, incapacitated or has fulfilled their win condition. The town's win condition is to eliminate all threats to them.
If you die, you're dead. If a dead player posts in this thread in order to wish their team good luck then no action will be taken but if the host decides that any information has been revealed in the post, that player's team will be punished at the host's discretion. Please be sensible and courteous to those still involved in the game.
Don't talk about this game outside of this thread unless your role email specifies permission to do so.
Unless otherwise indicated in your role email, abilities cannot be targetted on yourself.
Don't post in this thread during the night phase or you will be modkilled.
You May Quote from your email, but it won't help you. Anyone can lie.
Don't edit your posts. If you do, your punishment is at the discretion of the host depending on the nature of the edit but it will usually result in a modkill. Do not complain if you edit a post and get modkilled.
If you are going to be away from the game for an extended period of time (for example, going on holiday for a week or longer), tell the host in advance so that they can replace you if necessary.
If you simply stop posting and become inactive, DIE. I expect activity from all players at least once every 48 to 72 hours. If you sign up to play this game, you are expected to play.
If you have a question about the game, you should email the host. Using the thread to ask questions is not advised. The host will make information, including answers to queries, public if they feel it is necessary.
It is not the host's fault if you fail to read and/or follow the rules.

[This message has been edited by SirDante (edited 03-20-2012 @ 12:46 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-06-12 05:17 PM CT (US)     1 / 523  
It is now Day 1, You may begin the game.

posted 03-06-12 05:19 PM CT (US)     2 / 523  
What the hell did you do to break this thread so badly

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 03-06-12 05:36 PM CT (US)     3 / 523  
First mafia back, gawd, I'm gonna be so rusty -.-

Time to crack on.

"Xeno is clearly the evil Chuck Norris reincarnate" - Major Helper
"Honestly, I thought Nick Clegg was a classmate of Dom's" - Mozzarella Man
"HIS POOR GRAMMAR MAKES SENSE NOW, HE IS AN ELEPHANT" - Ashrzr
"sometimes, I get that paranoid feeling that someone knows I'm watching them" - Rotaretilbo
"I have no intention of confirming or denying whether or not I have or do masturbate" - Rotaretilbo
posted 03-06-12 05:51 PM CT (US)     4 / 523  
Well... Anyone a miller or an unusual role? ;D

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
posted 03-06-12 05:56 PM CT (US)     5 / 523  
well, if flavor is anything to go off of, I'd say we need to find some keys... any suggestions as to how?
posted 03-06-12 06:06 PM CT (US)     6 / 523  
Dunno, I thought this was a night start and it seems town wins when all the keys have been found.

I feel the same way I did after playing Stronghold 2 for about 15 minutes, like it was my birthday and all my friends had wheeled a giant birthday cake into the room, and I was filled with hopes dreams and desires when suddenly out of the cake pops out not a beautiful buxom maid, but a cranky old hobo that just shanks me then takes $60 dollars out of my pocket and walks away saying "deal, with it".
posted 03-06-12 06:09 PM CT (US)     7 / 523  
Well, we can't no-lynch, so I guess we should start random pressure?

FoS: Major

Disclaimer: The above post is a joke. Do not take anything said literally.

[This message has been created by Athens_2008 (created 01-01-1970 @ 01:00 AM).]
posted 03-06-12 06:16 PM CT (US)     8 / 523  
IMO we should mass claim fast.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 03-06-12 06:19 PM CT (US)     9 / 523  
Vote: Heir. Why? (random pressure)

Welcome, to my domain.

kthx.
posted 03-06-12 06:21 PM CT (US)     10 / 523  
Sure, getting someone to claim will be nice. Vote; Heir
posted 03-06-12 06:25 PM CT (US)     11 / 523  
You May Quote from your email, but it won't help you. Anyone can lie.
Massclaiming shall not save us. Why even suggest it?

Honestly, with a forced lynch and no night start, unless we have a day action, we kinda get the short end of the stick
posted 03-06-12 06:28 PM CT (US)     12 / 523  
Yeah, not a huge fan of day starts but I suppose the inability to no lynch forces us to do something. Random pressure may be the best way forward, unless there's any better ideas. Using FoS in lieu of being able to vote seems very sensible.

(Incidentally, Heir, I only just noticed the Sherlock quote in your sig. I howled at that scene, it was marvellous.)
Well... Anyone a miller or an unusual role?
With a fairly unusual game set-up like this, it wouldn't surprise me if there were one or two odd roles around. Giving millers a chance to come forward might be an idea, though. Thoughts?

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
posted 03-06-12 07:30 PM CT (US)     13 / 523  
Well my claiming will not help, but I'd be happy to go first if we're mass claiming.

I advocated a mass claim because I doubt we'll have the chance to force one person to claim and then discuss that claim and move on from there. IMO our best chance is to get all the claims out in the open ASAP, pick the worst one and run with it. We only have 7 days to force a lynch.

I'd rather not claim based on 2 random votes but if we choose to mass claim I'd have no problems in going first.
(Incidentally, Heir, I only just noticed the Sherlock quote in your sig. I howled at that scene, it was marvellous.)
Finally someone noticed it! We have so many Sherlock watchers on here but nobody complimented me on my choice. And yeah I agree, best quote of the season for me, and there were some pretty tough options that I had to pick from.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 03-06-12 07:32 PM CT (US)     14 / 523  
Just saw that I repeated the mass claiming twice. Wasn't deliberate.

posted 03-06-12 07:35 PM CT (US)     15 / 523  
I am Marisa, a friend of the bride!

Boiled eggs.
posted 03-06-12 08:17 PM CT (US)     16 / 523  
My role is pro-town, but possibly hurtful, if played badly. I know how I'm going to work this out, but I don't want to be one of the first to claim.

IE, I have a power role, but it's only somewhat helpful, unless used well.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 03-06-12 08:21 PM CT (US)     17 / 523  
I have a power-role that grows stronger with time, and am very pro-town... full claim if need be but really, no claim is really going to help. Again, I reference the fact that the OP states that everyone can lie...
posted 03-06-12 08:28 PM CT (US)     18 / 523  
I should also mention that under flavor posts that will be posted for Day and Night, there will be voice overs that may or may not offer you additional information.

posted 03-06-12 09:16 PM CT (US)     19 / 523  
Everyone can always lie, whether the OP states it or not is irrelevant.

posted 03-06-12 09:47 PM CT (US)     20 / 523  
Yes but in this Mafia, Everyone will lie no matter if they know they are or not.

posted 03-06-12 09:48 PM CT (US)     21 / 523  
the fact that the OP chose to mention it, plus the game is being run by the father of lies in mafias, means that it's far more likely for people in this game to lie than normal. As much as I'd love for a mass claim to be effective, something tells me that all it would do here is bog us down.

Does anyone have a day skill they can use, possibly to glean us some more information? Or is this a fully night game...
posted 03-06-12 10:16 PM CT (US)     22 / 523  
So are you saying that our role emails might be incorrect, Dante?

posted 03-06-12 10:32 PM CT (US)     23 / 523  
I'm saying everyone is going to lie this game.

posted 03-06-12 11:02 PM CT (US)     24 / 523  
WTF that makes no sense.

posted 03-06-12 11:39 PM CT (US)     25 / 523  
If you have a question about the game, you should email the host. Using the thread to ask questions is not advised. The host will make information, including answers to queries, public if they feel it is necessary.

posted 03-06-12 11:43 PM CT (US)     26 / 523  
Nah that wasn't a genuine question, just a comment on the scale of the mindf*ck that you seem to have perpetrated upon us.

posted 03-06-12 11:47 PM CT (US)     27 / 523  
*bows* I can only hope its as good as I think it could be.

posted 03-07-12 01:17 AM CT (US)     28 / 523  
I have been mulling over how this set up is going to work. Dante appears to created a Saw-esque environment with a Hannibal Lector twist. As he has suggested multiple times, any information we think we may have right now may be completely irrelevant or even completely false. I think the only way for us to get any information is to start random pressure into a lynch, so that we can observe various actions going on at night.

Vote: Heir
posted 03-07-12 01:43 AM CT (US)     29 / 523  
Dante likes to play on words.
And the answers lie within yourselves. Very much so inside yourselves. Or at least inside of others.
Some of us have injested (or otherwise contain within us) keys. At this stage, it is highly possible that those who have keys are unaware of the presence of these keys. Following the general theme, it's possible that there may be private communiques between the host and certain players revealing tidbits of information, such as the presence of a key within one's self.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 03-07-12 01:59 AM CT (US)     30 / 523  
Day start eh? Thats gonna cause problems as we cant no lynch and have no information from nights. Ok I agree that Herr must claim as only claims will give us the necessary information.

Vote: Herr. I think this many votes are enough. No one vote now or else it will result in a bandwagon.

I think that everyone will lie means that we don't know everything about ourselfs as we have been drugged or maybe the scum have safeclaims.

~~~~~Email: daimonddaimondo@yahoo.in~~~~~
posted 03-07-12 02:22 AM CT (US)     31 / 523  
I think you're missing the point here. Even if Herr were to post his exact role email, it would not give us any reliable information. As I have stated many times, Dante, Sir F***rz of the minds, had indicated that the information he has provided us may be, at best, misleading, at worst, counter intuitive to our goal. The point of voting towards the lynch isn't to force claims, but to force Night 1. Im not saying we can't go about this logically, but I think us attempting a reasonable lynch will be more productive than Dante completely screwing over the town with a "random" mod kill.
posted 03-07-12 02:49 AM CT (US)     32 / 523  
Do You Dare Dream?

posted 03-07-12 03:11 AM CT (US)     33 / 523  
Bastard mod confusing the town
Ill post more when Im back from college. I think we are locked up in some house with the scum informed of the way around the house and us lunatics just wandering around.

I feel the same way I did after playing Stronghold 2 for about 15 minutes, like it was my birthday and all my friends had wheeled a giant birthday cake into the room, and I was filled with hopes dreams and desires when suddenly out of the cake pops out not a beautiful buxom maid, but a cranky old hobo that just shanks me then takes $60 dollars out of my pocket and walks away saying "deal, with it".
posted 03-07-12 06:16 AM CT (US)     34 / 523  
So why exactly are we random pressuring me instead of at least considering my idea of a mass claim first?

posted 03-07-12 07:10 AM CT (US)     35 / 523  
Because mass claim nearly always help scum more than town Heir.

Welcome, to my domain.

kthx.
posted 03-07-12 07:30 AM CT (US)     36 / 523  
See in a regular game I would agree and would advocate a more patient approach, but in this case with only 6 days left for the deadline we hardly have any time to go person by person and make each one claim to see which one breaks.

posted 03-07-12 09:24 AM CT (US)     37 / 523  
My role email states that the town win when all the keys are found.
Hence, every scum is hiding a key.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 03-07-12 09:28 AM CT (US)     38 / 523  
Expect the unexpected, Everyone will lie.

posted 03-07-12 09:36 AM CT (US)     39 / 523  
Heir is pushing too hard. Beware.

Disclaimer: The above post is a joke. Do not take anything said literally.

[This message has been created by Athens_2008 (created 01-01-1970 @ 01:00 AM).]
posted 03-07-12 09:45 AM CT (US)     40 / 523  
*joins the bandwagon of center-posting*

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 03-07-12 09:49 AM CT (US)     41 / 523  
But honestly now, I do see where Herr is coming from with his call for mass-claim and I, personally, am not against it.

posted 03-07-12 10:06 AM CT (US)     42 / 523  
Agreed. In a game this size, however I can't help but wonder if I'll be counter-claimed by the un-modified version of me.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 03-07-12 12:42 PM CT (US)     43 / 523  
posted 03-07-12 12:55 PM CT (US)     44 / 523  
Herr, do you honestly think we could get a mass claim agreed to and completed in less than a week? And really, what is a mass claim going to help? Dante seems to believe that all of us are going to lie, which probably means that at least some townies have motivation to lie.

Besides, with random pressure, you don't go person to person until someone breaks. You generally pressure two to four people, and lynch the scummiest of the lot, unless someone breaks before then. So stop stalling and claim. We have a limited amount of time here.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 03-07-12 01:00 PM CT (US)     45 / 523  
I would personally be surprised if there were a role in this game that wasn't new/unusual in some shape or form.

I agree with Popey. My role email states I win with the Town, and I win when all keys are found. Unless the game has been balanced in a sketchy manner, that leads me to believe the scum are the one with the keys. If that's the case, that means that it's basically a standard game of Lynch-The-Mafia with a little extra flavor involved (finding keys).

There's also a chance that only one person gets out alive even though there starts out a "Town" (a la The Game). Whoever hammers a player with keys gets the keys, and that system recurses upon itself until the last person is alive. Who knows.

For what it's worth, I also received a warning in my email that insinuates that getting keys from others can be dangerous. Just something to keep in mind.

EE forever
posted 03-07-12 01:05 PM CT (US)     46 / 523  
Also, I'd just like to say that I have a really cool role.

EE forever
posted 03-07-12 01:06 PM CT (US)     47 / 523  
I hope you all really enjoy your roles.

posted 03-07-12 01:07 PM CT (US)     48 / 523  
Yeah, email states that people aren't unable to defend themselves (plus the key part too).

I'm getting "The Cube"-like vibes from this

Even if we do or don't end up starting a mass claim, Herr's as good a place to start from as any, so there's no reason to stall any longer. Go ahead, Herr

posted 03-07-12 01:09 PM CT (US)     49 / 523  
I'm getting "The Cube"-like vibes from this
Awesome movie.

Vote: Herr Heir

EE forever
posted 03-07-12 01:51 PM CT (US)     50 / 523  
Ok.

I am a Dizzy Cop. I can target two people a night and I will receive results for both the people. However, I will not be told which result goes with which person. I am town and I win when all keys have been found.

There you go, I doubt that helps. :/

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Dante's House of Love *Game Thread*
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames