10 Sassenach (Sasquatch; Good)
11 SirDante (Vampire; Evil)
13 Weemicky (Golem; Good)

Off to Italia
14 WRP (yeti; Good)

Replacements
Sir Periagil
Ashrzr

Usual rules except to referencing emails. No comparing emails. Act as though this is a roleplaying game, basically, and nobody gets mod-punished.

All the roles come from here. I consider any action-less townie to be vanilla. Thanks to Brighty for reviewing this.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman

[This message has been edited by Mozzarella Man (edited 10-11-2012 @ 03:37 PM).]

Replies:
posted 09-22-12 04:50 AM CT (US)     1 / 666  
It is Night-0. Please send in your actions if you have them. If you do have an action but are choosing to abstain, I'd appreciate a heads up. Night will last about 48 hours.

My email is pspaperstacks@gmail.com.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 09-22-12 05:31 AM CT (US)     2 / 666  
Why are some of the names in bold ?

"Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side ? and ain't that a big enough majority in any town ?" - Huckleberry Finn
posted 09-22-12 06:10 AM CT (US)     3 / 666  
I would like Sass to be modkilled for posting in the night phase.

-Lordy has been modkilled for posting in the night phase-

"Quoting yourself is stupid"-Lordofglory
"FPS never have lores, I'm sorry."-Joshua Thacker
"Daybreak? I'd rather we be done with you here and now."-Rotaretilbo
posted 09-22-12 06:14 AM CT (US)     4 / 666  
Also, Sass. I think its fairly obvious that people who have confirmed are the ones bolded; doesn't seem like anything you should worry about.

posted 09-22-12 08:28 AM CT (US)     5 / 666  
confirmed.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 09-22-12 01:50 PM CT (US)     6 / 666  
Bold = confirmed

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 09-22-12 02:01 PM CT (US)     7 / 666  
I'm fairly sure I posted confirmed in the other thread....

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 09-22-12 02:12 PM CT (US)     8 / 666  
That's nice.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 09-22-12 04:09 PM CT (US)     9 / 666  
Waiting for five actions.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 09-23-12 09:43 AM CT (US)     10 / 666  
No auto sign-up? What the shit man, just what the shit.
Mozzy, you disappoint son.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 09-23-12 10:40 AM CT (US)     11 / 666  
posted 09-23-12 01:02 PM CT (US)     12 / 666  
I can make you a replacement, Gil.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 09-23-12 04:08 PM CT (US)     13 / 666  
Count Dante traveled swiftly and unseen to the rustic, rolling hills of Ireland. It was dark when he arrived. It was always dark when he arrived. It took no time at all to find the dancing leprechaun who giggled with glee over the tricks he had performed that very night. The vampire meant to convert the leprechaun to his own kind but was overcome with an animal instinct. When his sudden hunger subsided, he looked down at the pale body of the leprechaun, drained of all his blood.

Cursing his lack of self-control, the vampire made to hide the body when he heard a grunt. Turning, he saw a pasture with cows and thought nothing of it. Then rushing footsteps came. Count Dante turned but only quickly enough to see the creatures horns gore his chest and heart. He was not conscious when the creature beheaded him, burned him, and then cast the ashes into the river.

The leprechaun (played by Herr Heir) has died. He was a trickster, meaning that he could perform any chaotic or mischievous role within reason (I set certain parameters which will not be revealed until End Game) and without repeat (each action was one-shot). He was Good.

The vampire (played by SirDante) has died. He was a cult leader, meaning that he could convert a player to the cult. He was unstoppable (could not be role-blocked) but had a 50%-chance of killing his target. He was Evil.

It is now Day-1. With twelve players alive, a lynch requires seven votes.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀

[This message has been edited by Mozzarella Man (edited 09-23-2012 @ 04:09 PM).]

posted 09-23-12 04:26 PM CT (US)     14 / 666  
I'm guessing the killer was a minotaur ? Not that this is going to have any utility.

"Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side ? and ain't that a big enough majority in any town ?" - Huckleberry Finn
posted 09-23-12 04:43 PM CT (US)     15 / 666  
Well, it's good news that the cult leader has died without being able to convert anyone, I suppose. So it looks like there might only be one kill, or someone abstained.

Mozzy, would you show failed kills in the writeup?

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
posted 09-23-12 04:50 PM CT (US)     16 / 666  
It would seem there is one killer of the previous night remaining. The scum crossfire has put us in a good position. We should keep up momentum.

Vote: CarolKarine

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
posted 09-23-12 04:59 PM CT (US)     17 / 666  
Max blind fired err' game.

posted 09-23-12 05:13 PM CT (US)     18 / 666  
Can't even replace back in.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 09-23-12 05:28 PM CT (US)     19 / 666  
I suppose random pressure is alright.
Vote:
Also, since write-ups seem flavour-oriented I think its safe to assume that the centaur* is scum and we just got lucky with the cult leader getting caught in the crossfire.

I suppose we could always claim creatures?

*Im not really good with legendary creatures, excuse any small screw ups.

P.S. I have noticed that some people have been upset with the way I have been playing so I am trying to play legitmately and hope that I will be given a chance.

posted 09-23-12 06:16 PM CT (US)     20 / 666  
Sorry, everyone. I had time to begin day but not enough time to send out all the emails to those who required them. I'm at a party and I need to go socialize now. I'll have the stuff sent out.

In the meantime, I suggest not getting too much done; there's some important stuff I haven't done.

The game is paused.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 09-23-12 06:33 PM CT (US)     21 / 666  
I'm gonna claim regardless of what other people say, just because I know this forum hates my role.

I'm a VT. my flavor name is a centaur. I'm a VT because I travel a lot and am known a lot of places, but because I travel a lot, I drink a lot, some I don't do anything.

posted 09-23-12 06:38 PM CT (US)     22 / 666  
So....is CK like a jester or something?

posted 09-23-12 06:44 PM CT (US)     23 / 666  
no. every f*cking time this role comes up it gets lynched. which is why I hate it. in any case, I'm a VT. plain and simple. I've had my say, if you guys want to lynch me, fine. learn to remember that a VT is an actual role, not just fiction.

posted 09-23-12 07:42 PM CT (US)     24 / 666  
Well since this game is paused, I will look at the list of creatures and see what all has horns, since that is undeniably a flavor aspect we need to look into.

"I have this hysterical urge to move to another room and laugh when I hear Lordy say he has speculated and used some math..." -Major Helper
"God damnit, did I just make that an Australian demon?
-Sodamister
"I like my women like I like my English weather: cold and wet." -Henrz
posted 09-23-12 07:54 PM CT (US)     25 / 666  
I'm guessing the killer was a minotaur ?
I was thinking so too actually, I'd say Minotaur was scum then, have to look more into it.

If the killer is a Minotaur then I'm going to say that Carol is scum too which may sound a little strange..
Below is a screenshot from the Wikipedia website, it's from the Centaur page, it's the creature Carol claimed. As you see at the bottom it shows, "similar creatures". A Minotaur is listed in so I would guess they would be grouped together? I'd say a Minotaur was quite evil but because of Narnia I'm drawn to think a Centaur would be quite good , but if we must go on "fact" from Wikipedia they are similar creatures and should probably be teamed together.

Possibly Carol thought that a Centaur is likely to be also used as a good creature because of the Narnia type one but I'm not sure, it's a point I would say we should be aware of, I'm going to ask Soda for to let us know about this list of horned creatures he is getting for us so we can really check through this. Since this game is currently paused thought it would be good if I stuck this up so we can have a good think about it.
posted 09-23-12 07:58 PM CT (US)     26 / 666  
weemicky you dumbass, they're related because they're both fictional. you also see a satyr and a harpy. satyrs were good, harpies bad.

posted 09-23-12 08:01 PM CT (US)     27 / 666  
oh wait, no. they're related because they're hybrids, as you can see under the sub-grouping.

centaur: man and horse
minotaur: bull and man or bull and goat
satyr: man and goat
harpy: woman (traditionally) and vulture(? - It's a bird of prey. not sure which)

posted 09-23-12 08:09 PM CT (US)     28 / 666  
I've read quite a lot and it shows Centaurs aren't really good or bad, sort of in the middle. :/

I'm really not sure.

Please don't call me a dumbass, it's quite harsh and I don't how your portraying it.
posted 09-23-12 08:18 PM CT (US)     29 / 666  
The killer blended into a field of cows, had human feet, and horns. It is a minotaur and this info doesn't help us, as any namecop would out something that obvious.

I want to hear from Newt when the game is considered unpaused.

Narnia isn't a valid source for determining alignment or characteristics of a legendary creature. Our decisions should be based on the original mythos rather than popular culture.

Please be careful with information until the game is unpaused.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
posted 09-23-12 08:24 PM CT (US)     30 / 666  
I should note that my flavor does not fit the original mythos at all. I have emailed mozzy on this fact.

posted 09-23-12 08:45 PM CT (US)     31 / 666  
The general idea is that Mozzy presented the wiki pages to us and mentioned we can loosely infer roles based on this. Narnia isn't wikipedia, so

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
posted 09-23-12 09:00 PM CT (US)     32 / 666  
I agree with Peter. Do not reveal any information until the mod unpauses. Either ignore the game until then or study the creatures.

"I have this hysterical urge to move to another room and laugh when I hear Lordy say he has speculated and used some math..." -Major Helper
-Sodamister
posted 09-23-12 09:40 PM CT (US)     33 / 666  
I show failed kills which were prevented by a doctor. I do not show failed kills which were prevented by a role-blocker.

All emails have been sent.

The game is resumed.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 09-23-12 09:44 PM CT (US)     34 / 666  
If a roleblocker successfully blocks a kill, are they notified?

I did a cursory glance at the expanse of creatures listed. I will explore it as best I can, but I cannot be 100% sure that I will find every multi-horned creature listed. I will also compare my flavor to that of the wiki for likeness when I get back.

-Sodamister
posted 09-23-12 09:46 PM CT (US)     35 / 666  
I'll be taking notes during the whole course of the game in hopes of coming up with a better playstyle

Currently it does seem quite likely a minotaur would be our killer, although there're surely other creatures with horns and some of them are most likely bad as well

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 09-23-12 09:50 PM CT (US)     36 / 666  
On second thought, I will follow the guidelines set forth by Mozzy. I will still be doing a look into horned creatures.

-Sodamister
posted 09-23-12 09:52 PM CT (US)     37 / 666  
General rule: if you don't receive an email, your action was successful. If your action failed and you should receive an email, you will receive one. However, if your action failed or didn't affect the game in any way, I may not notify the player.

If you have questions about any previous actions, email me and I'll clarify. Don't put too much meaning into a lack of an email.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 09-23-12 09:54 PM CT (US)     38 / 666  
As has been pointed out, the killer was almost certainly a minotaur (cow reference). That gets us nowhere, since we've gone ahead and pointed it out. I have no real suggestions as to where to go next. Carol's claim was odd, and not exactly good play if he's a townie, but the role itself doesn't seem particularly unbelievable.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
posted 09-23-12 10:18 PM CT (US)     39 / 666  
CK's name is not suspect, however CK's role and behavior is.

1. It is hard to get dirt on a VT role.
2. VT is not detriment to the town like miller is. The detriment comes from claiming VT.
3. CK should not have claimed VT in this situation if I did think I had dirt on him.
4. I voted CK because CK can't create good claims as scum; I voted CK over Micky for a reason.
5. CK claimed at an inopportune time, and if telling the truth, hurt the town by exposing who isn't a target.
6. CK's justification is bad.

Popey, what are your thoughts on CK?

I withdraw my request to Newt and don't support pressure relating to this at this time.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
posted 09-23-12 11:02 PM CT (US)     40 / 666  
I'll say that as you say, the VT role itself is fine, but the situation it is given in and the way it's given reminds me of myself when I'm scum (which still doesn't prove anything !).

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 09-24-12 04:19 AM CT (US)     41 / 666  
I have already stated my opinion about CK's role.
so....is CK a jester or something?

posted 09-24-12 07:26 AM CT (US)     42 / 666  
I fail to see how this is bad play. Because every time I claim later than the first day wit this role, I get lynched. My only hope of not getting lynched is to come out in the first day. This has happened before.

posted 09-24-12 07:43 AM CT (US)     43 / 666  
I think centaurs are fairly good in mythology. In Greek mythology, in particular, centaurs were extremely wise.

I don't think CK's claim is as suspicious as you make it out to be. Xzy, it isn't true that it's hard to get dirt on a VT. There's instead plenty of roles that can get dirt on a VT, more than there are for power roles. Examples are cops, trackers and watchers.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 09-24-12 09:25 AM CT (US)     44 / 666  
Your justification is that HGMM hates VT. HGMM hates playing VT, so the role doesn't come up as often as it should. Mozzy complains that people don't use it often enough.
trackers and watchers
What?

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
posted 09-24-12 09:27 AM CT (US)     45 / 666  
Trackers and watchers can get dirt on a claimed VT, because a tracker could track him, or a watcher could see him.

Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 09-24-12 09:28 AM CT (US)     46 / 666  
It's a terrible play by CK, Peter.
Ck, if you are town then you've reduced the number of people the scum have to choose between when making their kill. I can remember telling CK that claiming like this is bad play, so I'm tempted to believe that CK is a ghost scum using a safe name. We've already got one scum dead so I think it's worth testing his claim.

By lynching CK we:

1. lynch a ghost scum

or

2. prove that VTs are present in the game.

I'm up for lynching him. What do others think? And why was I consulted specifically?

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 09-24-12 09:31 AM CT (US)     47 / 666  
Also, apologies for a couple of days inactive, I've been moving house.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 09-24-12 09:41 AM CT (US)     48 / 666  
By the way, I'm a miller.

posted 09-24-12 09:45 AM CT (US)     49 / 666  
I think, while suspicious, CK still has a point. Look at Experimental Mafia: I was pressured, truthfully claimed VT, and was promptly lynched. Granted, it was an unorthodox setup, but there are many examples of this in several games here at HG. That being said, Mozzy has already explicitly stated that "any action less player" is considered a VT. So, CK, do you have any passive ability or attribute? If he does not, I think he is someone that could be investigated if truly suspicious or I guess if people are really that concerned, he could be a fallback lynch.

-Sodamister
posted 09-24-12 09:53 AM CT (US)     50 / 666  
Soda...you were a mafia goon in experimental...wut...

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Legendary Creatures Mafia
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames