Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Smurf Mafia: The Blue Saga - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
posted 10-27-12 01:00 PM CT (US)   

The Blue Saga - Brought to you by CarolKarine and Popeychops

Now, all the flavor for your characters is available here. Be sure to find your character's flavor.

RULES:

1. Closed communication applies.
2. Role emails will contain your role, but all flavor will be found on the site given above. feel free to quote.
3. Popey and CarolKarine expect to be CC'd to all potential emails between players.
4. Popey and CarolKarine retain the right to discuss among ourselves a suitable punishment for violation of any rules.
5. No editing of posts. Infringement results in a modkill. No exceptions.
6. Faction win.
7. Dead people can't talk, any more than a single goodbye post will result in faction penalties.
8. No posting at night. Doing so will cost you your vote during the next day phase.
9. No-lynches are acceptable.
10. Email any complaints or queries to the moderators. Do not raise them in the thread.
11. Players are expected to display an understanding of the English language.
12. All other standard rules apply.

Players:
1. PoS
2. Herr
3. Soda
4. Rot

5. Mozzy
6. WRP
7. Slart
8. Tadashi
9. Ser
10. Alex
11. Newt
12. Vox
13. Lordy
14. Tadashi Mk II

DEAD
8. Tadashi - inventor (handy smurf)
7. Slart - guardian (puppy)
13. Lordy - tracker (tracker smurf)

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker

[This message has been edited by CarolKarine (edited 01-01-2013 @ 10:39 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-27-12 01:03 PM CT (US)     1 / 564  
Papa Smurf is missing. The smurfs must find him. Last they knew, He was meeting with Balthazar under truce. The anti-smurfs claim that papa smurf somehow killed or abducted Balthazar and is now hiding to frame the anti-smurfs for killing papa smurf, in an extremely convoluted plan. The smurfs stand by papa smurf, and claim that the anti-smurfs are trying to pull the same trick, but on them. Clues will be given as to the location, and the first faction to find the papa or balthazar, regardless of whether or not they are living or dead, will get an advantage over the other.

At this point I should note that quoting from your emails to determine alignment is wasted time.

A Kill failed on Mozzy.

Carol is Town

Popey is Scum

It is now Day One.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 10-27-12 01:58 PM CT (US)     2 / 564  
lordy

Because of late confirm
posted 10-27-12 02:28 PM CT (US)     3 / 564  
More importantly, millers and survivors step forward. Similarly, any cop/etc with a guilty result.

"His name has to be sneezed out" - Aro
"Slobberingbastardfart" - Scud
"Slutty-barf-fast" - Mozzarella Man

You should join I am Jack's Mafia
posted 10-27-12 02:54 PM CT (US)     4 / 564  
Vote: the 14th guy
because his name is invisible.

"Quoting yourself is stupid"-Lordofglory
"FPS never have lores, I'm sorry."-Joshua Thacker
"Daybreak? I'd rather we be done with you here and now."-Rotaretilbo
posted 10-27-12 02:55 PM CT (US)     5 / 564  
It's way too soon for cops to claim. Any halfway decent cop can make a case without explicitly revealing their powers.

Any ideas on what this acrostic is all about?

P
O
P
E
Y

I
S

S
C
U
M

Is Carol is Town an acrostic too? Or perhaps it's the key to solving the first one?

Whatever it is, I was told I probably wouldn't get the reference, so I assume it is based on some inside knowledge/jokes from this mafia community.

posted 10-27-12 04:33 PM CT (US)     6 / 564  
I should note that if any of you got an email from popey about "popey is scum" being an acrostic, then you should ignore it. we scrapped that idea.

the message is now: popey is scum, carol is town

the 14th guy is whoever dies first.

posted 10-28-12 11:52 AM CT (US)     7 / 564  
Question to mods: Is the 14th role a random role allocated to the spare slot, or is it a role which can be axed if necessary?

posted 10-28-12 12:02 PM CT (US)     8 / 564  
*points at post 6*

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 10-28-12 12:22 PM CT (US)     9 / 564  
I would be very surprised if the 14th role was anything important, quite frankly. I can't see the hosts leaving a doc or a cop or a roleblocker, etc slot empty in the knowledge that this could happen. So I'd imagine it's probably town, but something like a VT. Pure speculation though.

Although, given that we only appear to have one attempted kill from last night, I'm intrigued by the prospect that it might actually be an SK. Unlikely, but an interesting possibility.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
posted 10-28-12 12:55 PM CT (US)     10 / 564  
Or CK and Popey could have randomized his action in the way that a mildly skilled player would do without considering the setup and stuff. That is, randomized roleblocking, randomized cop, skilled player protection, or whatever.

Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 10-28-12 02:14 PM CT (US)     11 / 564  
all actions were counted as abstained if not in on time.

posted 10-28-12 02:22 PM CT (US)     12 / 564  
Rot posted in DGOL and hasn't yet posted here, maybe he is cautght up in a conversation via email...
posted 10-28-12 03:24 PM CT (US)     13 / 564  
I'm flattered, Mr. Assassin.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 10-28-12 07:20 PM CT (US)     14 / 564  
-Um well, first things first, I'm hated, so people need to be careful about that.

Also, I'm not a miller/survivor and other people should come forward and say what they are.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 10-28-12 08:24 PM CT (US)     15 / 564  
I'm loved but that's my own doing. I loved myself last night. I don't know who hated Herr last night but that makes it clear to me that there's another reporter.

Another possibility: Herr and I were bus-driven which would explain (a) why I was targeted instead of Herr which never happens and (b) why I didn't receive confirmation that I loved myself to climax. It leaves open, however, why my self-loving would turn into loathing.

No, I'm pretty sure there's another reporter out there.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 10-28-12 08:48 PM CT (US)     16 / 564  
I was emailed that Popey was scum, anyone else? Yes I know it's in the OP as well.
posted 10-28-12 09:01 PM CT (US)     17 / 564  
Um no I'm hated by birth, no one made me hated last night.

Can you only love people, Mozzy? Is that what a reporter is?

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 10-29-12 01:23 AM CT (US)     18 / 564  
I can loath and self-loath. For now, though, just to be safe, I loved myself all night long. It was a pretty great Night and not just because I didn't die. A reporter is basically a player who can choose each night to love or hate a player in the game by writing a praising or scathing article in the Town paper (whether an actual article is written varies).

I have been told that statuses of loved/loathed players will not be mod-confirmed. While I'm willing to test my ability and therefore prove my role (if not my alignment), I would rather not. You see, to prove my role we'd have to put me at L-1 (L-0 for every other player) which leaves me far too vulnerable to a lynch.

I am Reporter Smurf: a reporter. I shouldn't be much of a target tonight so I'm glad I survived Night-0; I'll hopefully survive the rest of the game as well. We know I'm not the killer and we know for a fact that there is a killer (unless there's a compulsive/blind-firing vigilante somewhere) so we should probably get a few claims going.

Oh, and by the way, I'm not a miller or a survivor and am in fact a Townie.

Vote: Lordy

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 10-29-12 01:45 AM CT (US)     19 / 564  
Mozzy... I have absolutely no clue what you just said.

1) You can loath and self-loath, and then you can love?
2) What is this town paper?
3) What does loving/loathing do besides preventing players from being mod-confirmed?
4) What is mod-confirmed?
5) What is L-1 and how would that prove your role?
6) Why did you vote Lordy?
7) Self-loving turns into loathing?

I've never played a game with a role anything close to what you're describing and I'm having trouble comprehending.

posted 10-29-12 01:52 AM CT (US)     20 / 564  
I got the popey is scum message too, at the end of my role email. Vote: Popey, anyone?

posted 10-29-12 02:00 AM CT (US)     21 / 564  
1) You can loath and self-loath, and then you can love?
I assume he can either loath or love a player each night, including himself, thus making him hated or loved the next day.
2) What is this town paper?
A reporter often works with flavour, thus a "newspaper" posted by the host during the day. We saw this in Castletown, and one was present in my Mickey Mouse Mafia, without the ability to love and loath (though Pulse never used his role, sadly).
3) What does loving/loathing do besides preventing players from being mod-confirmed?
Loved: requires 1 more vote to lynch. Hated: requires 1 less vote to lynch.
4) What is mod-confirmed?
What is love? No srsly, mod-confirmed information is information given by the host, assuming the host doesn't lie.
5) What is L-1 and how would that prove your role?
L-1: a person who is at L-1 has a number of votes that will have him lynched if one more vote is cast. He loved himself last night, so if we place exactly 8 votes on him today, we'll see that he'll still be at L-1.
6) Why did you vote Lordy?
I assume randomness, which is the best way to start a day 1, but I will leave that to Mozzy to explain.
7) Self-loving turns into loathing?
lolno

Sweet Jesus Alex, I thought you actually knew some mafia terms.

posted 10-29-12 02:11 AM CT (US)     22 / 564  
Thanks...

I know mafia, I just don't know this particular forum's subculture seeing as how the only game I've ever played here was the Diablo Mafia that I was just lynched Day 1 in. I couldn't find anything similar to what Mozzy was describing on MafiaScum either.

posted 10-29-12 02:20 AM CT (US)     23 / 564  
I voted Lordy because we have nothing to go on and he already had a vote on him (not really because Weemickey doesn't know how to vote). By the way, I've used the word loathed in place of hated because it's similar to loved. There's no other reason besides alliteration.

WRP basically explained everything but lemme just do it again so you hear it from me. Line by line:
I can loath and self-loath. For now, though, just to be safe, I loved myself all night long. It was a pretty great Night and not just because I didn't die. A reporter is basically a player who can choose each night to love or hate a player in the game by writing a praising or scathing article in the Town paper (whether an actual article is written varies).
I can make it so that a player requires one fewer or one more vote to be lynched, depending on if I hate or love a player. This player can be myself as well. I chose to love myself because I could only trust myself to be Town, having had no time to gather information on the other players. The Town got lucky because nobody died last night. My role is called a "reporter"; the usual flavor behind my role (which is not entirely present here in-game but is present in-email) involves writing an opinionated article about a player.
I have been told that statuses of loved/loathed players will not be mod-confirmed. While I'm willing to test my ability and therefore prove my role (if not my alignment), I would rather not. You see, to prove my role we'd have to put me at L-1 (L-0 for every other player) which leaves me far too vulnerable to a lynch.
The moderator will not confirm that a player requires one vote more or fewer than usual. I am willing--if the Town feels it is absolutely necessary--to prove my role and my action last Night but I fear that it would lead to a lynch pushed through by the mafia, serial killer, or other scum player(s). This is because the only way to prove my role today is by putting my at one-vote-to-lynch which, if I am telling the truth, would appear to be just enough votes to successfully lynch me if I was not self-loved.
I am Reporter Smurf: a reporter. I shouldn't be much of a target tonight so I'm glad I survived Night-0; I'll hopefully survive the rest of the game as well. We know I'm not the killer and we know for a fact that there is a killer (unless there's a compulsive/blind-firing vigilante somewhere) so we should probably get a few claims going.
My name is Reporter Smurf and my role name is reporter. My role is relatively unimportant and the scum wants the cop and doctor dead so they will search for them and avoid killing me. Therefore I am not a target tonight or for the rest of the game. We know that there is a killer because somebody attempted to kill me. But there remains the unlikely possibility that a Townie was responsible for the attack last night: a very slim chance. We should therefore begin by getting some claims from players.
Oh, and by the way, I'm not a miller or a survivor and am in fact a Townie.
I win with the Town. If I am investigated, I will appear to be a Townie.

I'm not doing this again for any of my posts. I don't dumb it down. I just like Pepsidude.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 10-29-12 03:44 AM CT (US)     24 / 564  
I loved myself last night.
OHGODWHY.

I am neither a miller nor a survivor, nor was I informed of any particular actions on me last night.

posted 10-29-12 04:04 AM CT (US)     25 / 564  
I was hesitant about this; as it could seem as OMGUS to some, but oh well.
I am highly doubtful of Mozzy for the following reasons;
Even though it was clear in Herr's post that he wasn't targeted for a hate, he still used this to allow himself to be counter-claimed.
he used this basis to demand what is essentially a mass claim; while not allowing us to confirm his role. I say we reach the L-1 on Mozzy(L-0 normally), and if he's lynched then good. if not, then good. if he's speed-lynched, then we lynch whoever cast the lynching vote; or at the very least get a convincing claim out of them.

UnVote
Vote: Mozzy

posted 10-29-12 04:33 AM CT (US)     26 / 564  
So I'd imagine it's probably town, but something like a VT.
Yeah this was my thought too. I understand that player 14 will be replaced in, but I doubted that CK and Popey would leave a major role (either scum or town) out because it will severely affect balance for potentially the first three phases. So it's most likely a VT.

I too got the note about "Popey is scum", didn't understand it and CK was very vague when I emailed back questions. I agree that trying to lynch him might reveal something (although this doesn't explain anything about CK being town).

Vote: Popey

Am keeping an eye on the Mozzy/WRP situation too but at the moment I want to get a bit more information in play, hence the Popey vote.

posted 10-29-12 07:53 AM CT (US)     27 / 564  
Also Mozzy(supposing you are what you claim you are), you would be a primary target for scum. they know that you're a townie, the other option is blind firing, you could be the reason they win or lose later in the game, similar to a noble in a way. as scum, I would kill you over a blind fire any day. or night.

posted 10-29-12 12:02 PM CT (US)     28 / 564  
I voted Lordy because we have nothing to go on and he already had a vote on him (not really because Weemickey doesn't know how to vote).
Either you don't know how to spell or your talking about WRP's mafia. Anyway I'm not Weemicky, I'm Tadashi.

Your also contradicting yourself because your saying you voted Lordy because he already has a vote. That's your main reason but then your also saying that my vote doesn't count, if it doesn't count then Lord has already no votes on him.

Also if I don't know how to vote how come your copying me?

Don't try be smart if you can't even be smart enough to pull it off, dumbass.

I'm not a miller, survivor or anything of the sort.
posted 10-29-12 12:07 PM CT (US)     29 / 564  
WRP's mafia?

btw I'm not a miller nor a survivor.

posted 10-29-12 12:40 PM CT (US)     30 / 564  
my Mickey Mouse Mafia
posted 10-29-12 01:33 PM CT (US)     31 / 564  
Pretty sure it was decided that you are Weemickey.
Tadashi is WeeMicky.

EDIT: To be clear, that's not a guess.
Your also contradicting yourself because your saying you voted Lordy because he already has a vote. That's your main reason but then your also saying that my vote doesn't count, if it doesn't count then Lord has already no votes on him.
I'm not contradicting myself. You tried to vote Lordy and failed because you're mildly retarded. I decided that, despite this, Lordy was as good a place to start as anybody else so I added my vote. You'll note that I did mine correctly.
Also if I don't know how to vote how come your copying me?
Because it's essentially random.
Don't try be smart if you can't even be smart enough to pull it off, dumbass.
You have been called out by an HG moderator for being a smurf account of Weemickey. You continue to deny this as though we would believe you. So perhaps you shouldn't try to be smart, eh?

We should not try to test my role by bringing me so close to a lynch. While I'm not a particularly special target for Nights, any Town lynch is good for the scum. You bring me too close to a lynch and then I get lynched by some idiot like Weemickey or one of the scum. Now you've lost your lead from last Night.

Lordy is lying. He claims that I called for a mass claim. I called for a "few" claims. The word [i[few, in case you were unaware, is the exact opposite of the word mass in this case.

I'm now not voting Lordy as a semi-random shot in the dark. I'm now voting Lordy to get a claim or, if he refuses, to lynch him.

Tadashi is Weemickey.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 10-29-12 01:34 PM CT (US)     32 / 564  
http://www.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=50&tn=3&st=2727#post2728

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 10-29-12 02:01 PM CT (US)     33 / 564  
I'm going to be gone for a few hours. Try not to do anything stupid like following Weemickey's advice. Lordy should be pressured. WRP and I are not connected in any way. WRP answered some of Pepsi's questions and I also answered Pepsi's questions. If that's a connection, you guys are already too used to playing so deep in the dark as Serial Killer Mafia.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 10-29-12 02:04 PM CT (US)     34 / 564  
I can assure you I'm not Weemicky though, and you yourself are mildly retarded because you still can't spell right.

I am the creator of Tadashi and Weemicky Tadashi is not Weemicky, Tadashi is an account and so is Weemicky, they arn't the same. So I'm not lying to you or anything so stop with the accusartions and apology is awaiting .

Also I'm pretty sure you don't have to say the word "vote" for your vote to be counted. You just have to bold.

So yeh stop calling me "weemickey" because your wrong I'm not Weemickey, I don't even know who the hell he is.
posted 10-29-12 02:06 PM CT (US)     35 / 564  
A creator! Like God! :O

posted 10-29-12 02:07 PM CT (US)     36 / 564  
Micky, while on CFM people just bold it like idiots, here "Vote:" is required.

posted 10-29-12 02:11 PM CT (US)     37 / 564  
No, you very much do need to type:

Unvote: Lordy
Vote: Weemickey

In order for your vote to be counted by (most) moderators. It needs to include the word vote, the voted's name, and be in bold. I have been playing mafia for a very long time here; I think I know the rules.
12. All other standard rules apply.
So, Weemickey, I think you should claim. You can't hold a decent argument and you got very flustered for no reason at all. Me thinks the lady doth protest too much, if you know what I mean, Weemickey. You're getting spooked over nothing which leads me to believe that you may have something to hide.

Lordy and Weemickey are my targets for tonight. I'll be "hating" one of them tonight unless we come up with a better lead. This should not only prove my role (to them at least, though as scum they may deny it) but also make it easier to lynch them come tomorrow.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 10-29-12 02:13 PM CT (US)     38 / 564  
Oh, and, btw, that was an actual vote. I'm moving on to Weemickey because I don't want to get into a nonsensical "argument" with Lordy. I'll leave that to Rot or someone else who has enough energy to deal with him.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 10-29-12 02:17 PM CT (US)     39 / 564  
Guys, I don't think we should get a claim from Lordy. I mean, when he's town he f*cks up his claim and gets lynched, so we may as well have a cop investigate him tonight.

posted 10-29-12 02:23 PM CT (US)     40 / 564  
One of the reasons I switched my vote. Not the biggest reason, though. Okay, I really do have to leave now.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 10-29-12 02:34 PM CT (US)     41 / 564  
I am fine with Mozzy targeting me tonight.

UnVote

posted 10-29-12 02:50 PM CT (US)     42 / 564  
Mozzy gtf. Can I request Mozzy being replaced/modkilled for trolling?
posted 10-29-12 03:29 PM CT (US)     43 / 564  
first, it's GTFO, and second, no. play nice.

posted 10-29-12 03:38 PM CT (US)     44 / 564  
I'd say GTF as in Get to F***

Can he at least have a warning or something?
posted 10-29-12 04:15 PM CT (US)     45 / 564  
no. cause I'm reading it, and I'm not seeing any trolling. I will warn against all trolling, but I don't see him doing any.

IF you troll I'll make you hated and stuff or something.

posted 10-29-12 04:53 PM CT (US)     46 / 564  
He is repeatedly calling me "Weemickey"
posted 10-29-12 05:04 PM CT (US)     47 / 564  
You are the same person as Weemickey. He's not doing anything wrong.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 10-29-12 05:39 PM CT (US)     48 / 564  
yeah... that's not trolling. we all know that you're weemicky.

posted 10-29-12 06:44 PM CT (US)     49 / 564  
He's saying it on purpose though and it's not Weemickey, it's Weemicky
posted 10-29-12 07:08 PM CT (US)     50 / 564  
Children, children, play nice!

I actually have a better course of action:

Vote:Rot

"I have this hysterical urge to move to another room and laugh when I hear Lordy say he has speculated and used some math..." -Major Helper
"God damnit, did I just make that an Australian demon?
-Sodamister
"I like my women like I like my English weather: cold and wet." -Henrz
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Smurf Mafia: The Blue Saga - Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames