HG Main Mafia Forum
Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Role Reversal Mafia - Game
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 15  Next Page »
posted 11-23-12 10:23 PM CT (US)   

Somewhere, everywhere, people were going about their business. Laughing, crying, cuddling and talking, the works. And then it happened. One man overreached his abilities, and suddenly 8 different worlds crashed into each other to create a huge, misshapen landmass. As far as tragedies go, the dinosaurs would have to settle for a very distant second place.

Most people moved on. Most of them always do. They tried to make their own place in the world, without disturbing anything. Some went crazy, however, and decided to get rid of the natives and make their own place in this world (Sidenote: How appropriate that I'm writing this on the day after Thanksgiving!), mostly because they needed revenge. The natives decided to fight back. Someone would have to come out on top. Someone will.

Rules:

1) Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.

2) Do not reveal any information after your character has died.

3) This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.

4) Quoting emails is not encouraged, but only because it will be a pointless exercise.

5) No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.

6) Follow HG's CoC

7) During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!

8) If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote. I won't ignore your new votes if you fail to do this but it makes my job easier.

9) Activity: Players are expected to make at least one (meaningful) post every 48 hours. Repeated failure to keep up with this will result in you being replaced.

Game Tips:

1) Some roles might have duplicates. Lynching on any basis except behavior and actions would be stupid.

2) If you spot any inconsistencies in anyone's flavor, it is only because you fail to adequately perceive the grandness of my vision. Lynching on any basis except behavior and actions would be stupid.

3) Scum have been provided proper, full-fledged safe claims. Lynching on any basis except behavior and actions would be stupid.

4) If I step in to correct any flavor issues that are of my own making, don't take it as mod-confirmation. I might well be fixing a safe claim. Lynching on any basis except behavior and actions would be stupid.

5) Please leave your personal baggage outside the game, and play the game as a game. Enjoy!

6) Be sensible. Don't be rash. Think carefully and evaluate comprehensively. You all start on the edge of a precipice. ALL of you.

7) I am not responsible if you fail to read your email and merely glance at it.

Players:

1) Ser Periagil [hg(dot)periagil(at)hotmail(dot)com]
2) SirDante [aoe3boards(at)gmail(dot)com] - Simon Tam (Town Seeker)
3) Major Helper [mliukkonen(at)hotmail(dot)com] - The Doctor (Town Jailer)
4) Slartibartfast [slartibartfast0000[at]gmail[dot]com] - Malcolm Reynolds (Town Full Vigilante)
5) Lordofglory [omarahm3d19(at)hotmail(dot)com] - John Mandrake (Town One-shot unstoppable vigilante)
6) Newt_Gunray [mideonsworld(at)aol(dot)com] - Gríma (Middle-earth Mafia One-shot Poisoner)
7) CarolKarine [nickfelstone(at)gmail(dot)com] - Tyrion Lannister (Westerosi Mafia Roleblocker)
8) WRP [wrp_beater(at)hotmail(dot)it] - The Witch-King (Middle-earth Mafia One-shot killer)
9) Eruletho [eruletho(at)gmail(dot)com] - River Tam (Town Prisoner)
10) Sassenach [rob(dot)a(dot)goodwin(at)gmail(dot)com] - Petyr Baelish (Westerosi Mafia Godfather Busdriver)
11) Pulse_of_Shift [jac112489(at)msn(dot)com] - Lysa Tully (Westerosi One-shot Poisoner)
12) Potentially Fiindil [fiindil(at)gmail(dot)com] - Gandalf (Middle-earth Mafia Godfather Busdriver)
13) Maegereg [maegereg(at)gmail(dot)com] - Misty/Kasumi (Town Limited JoaT)
14) Thymole [thymole(at)yahoo(dot)com]
15) Mozzarella Man [pspaperstacks(at)gmail(dot)com]
16) Jax [mat3740(at)gmail(dot)com]
17) Pulkit [pulkitkarwal(at)gmail(dot)com] - Ilyn Payne (Westerosi Mafia One-shot killer)
18) Rotaretilbo (lollersquirrelz(at)gmail(dot)com] - Batman (Town Full Vigilante)

Mod Email: ritvikmats@gmail.com
(Direct all questions here!)

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante

[This message has been edited by Herr Heir (edited 12-16-2012 @ 09:34 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-23-12 10:26 PM CT (US)     1 / 717  

Let the war begin.

It is now Night 0. You have 48 hours to send your actions to ritvikmats@gmail.com

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 11-25-12 04:05 PM CT (US)     2 / 717  
All actions are in! Post announcing day coming up.

posted 11-25-12 04:18 PM CT (US)     3 / 717  
It was indeed night, and night was the time for the Dark Knight. He rose to take his revenge on this world where no rules would ever be followed. His quest for vengeance was cut short, almost cruelly, when he himself was cut short by a blade that came out of nowhere as he was plunging from the tallest tree in the land to the ground.

The Dark Knight died as he lived. In darkness.

Batman, played by Rotaretilbo, is now dead. He was a full vigilante.

Elsewhere, Lordofglory also set out on his own errands, when suddenly he heard the swishing noise of blades swinging towards him. His fate would like have been the same as the Dark Knight, but suddenly a shield was thrown in front of him and the attacks stopped. Although no more blades were thrown at him, he was in too much shock to continue on for the night.

Someone tried to kill Lordofglory, but failed.

It is now Day 1. With 17 of you alive, the lynch majority is 9. Good luck, and be active.

posted 11-25-12 04:21 PM CT (US)     4 / 717  
Notes on the night:

1) Rot you have automatically been added as number 3 on the replacement list as you were unfortunately killed on Night 0. Let me know if you don't want to be on there.

2) If anyone didn't get a result or generally has any confusion with what happened with their night action, email me.

3) Kills that fail at the source are not reported in the night post. Kills that fail at the target are. This rule applies to the entire game.

posted 11-25-12 04:27 PM CT (US)     5 / 717  
D:

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 11-25-12 04:29 PM CT (US)     6 / 717  
So, Lordy may have been protected, or he's iron.

Vote: Eruletho

randomness ftw

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 11-25-12 04:38 PM CT (US)     7 / 717  
Welp as per usual conditions Im going to come forward as a survivor and I have my own win condition that saves the mate I'm seeking from dying early in the game. Im not allowed to reveal my name or the sister I seek. However if your character happened to be someone thats missing a sister, let a brotha know.

Basically Im not asking for town help just that I not be blocked since its a waste for both town and scum. Also before the blocker comes forward that blocked me last night, Don't come forward you'll just expose town interests and get yourself killed.

posted 11-25-12 04:48 PM CT (US)     8 / 717  
Anybody got anything incriminating? I'm no use

Two kill attempts isn't too scary at least.

"His name has to be sneezed out" - Aro
"Slobberingbastardfart" - Scud
"Slutty-barf-fast" - Mozzarella Man

You should join I am Jack's Mafia
posted 11-25-12 04:55 PM CT (US)     9 / 717  
Vote: WRP

Funny email; please clear it up.

posted 11-25-12 04:56 PM CT (US)     10 / 717  
How embarassing can it be to reply to the wrong email?

I figured it would be better for me to claim right away.

I'm Rory Arthur Williams. Don't ask me who it is, because I've never heard of him. Though it speaks of being a friend of the Doctor's in the role email, so it may be from Doctor Who. I'm a masonic one-shot unstoppable vig, and my mason is a chaos role.

As you can see in the mail, I don't think the scum targeted Lordy purposefully. Maybe there's another chaos role in the game, who made a killer target Lordy instead of someone else, or Lordy is a bodyguard.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 11-25-12 04:58 PM CT (US)     11 / 717  
Yaa Roy if from Doctor Who.

posted 11-25-12 04:59 PM CT (US)     12 / 717  
Unvote

The masonic thing sells it for me. It would fit very well if Rory and Amy were in it together.

posted 11-25-12 05:02 PM CT (US)     13 / 717  
Amy would be a chaos role Lol

posted 11-25-12 05:04 PM CT (US)     14 / 717  
No I don't think she would...not sure what I would guess for her though, maybe bodyguard.

posted 11-25-12 05:42 PM CT (US)     15 / 717  
All I can say is my life is pretty plain, I like watching the puddles gather rain. Besides, when they gather fast enough, they can turn to small streams. I'm rather fond of streams. They remind me of home. And my name. And my big, awesome brother.

Otherwise, I'm a VT. Sorry folks. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to say my name. As for what I can contribute for flavor arguments, I know virtually everything about Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Pokemon, Harry Potter, Batman, and Firefly. Unfortunately, I'm useless as to Dr. Who and Bartimaeus (never even heard of the last one...)

posted 11-25-12 05:50 PM CT (US)     16 / 717  
Just because y'all look like you're missing out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartimaeus_(book_series)

posted 11-25-12 06:18 PM CT (US)     17 / 717  
And why exactly did you feel compelled to nameclaim Eru?

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
posted 11-25-12 06:55 PM CT (US)     18 / 717  
Vote: Eruletho
randomness ftw
Just answering random pressure

posted 11-25-12 07:02 PM CT (US)     19 / 717  
I would like to start with Monsieur Newt. Claim por favor.
posted 11-25-12 07:40 PM CT (US)     20 / 717  
so yeah, the bartimeaus sequence is some of the best fiction I've ever read. just saying.

Proud owner of Splash Splash XLIV: Leave it there for someone to find, Which is on record for being the fastest thread to reach 2500 posts - which was completed in 28 hours and 17 minutes, from start to finish!
Yeah, the republican party is pretty much one big schizophrenic ball of contradictions nowadays. - Ax_man1
double post for milestone, then relentlessly bash on the community for the hell of it... stay classy thymole. - Lurker
posted 11-25-12 08:29 PM CT (US)     21 / 717  
As I've said and repeated previously, flavor is only to help you get into the game, it is unimportant in terms of the gameplay itself.

posted 11-25-12 11:50 PM CT (US)     22 / 717  
Eru is obviously answering the call to announce himself to his brother. Anybody able to think of a character those two could be ? Not that it matters too much I guess.

"Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side ? and ain't that a big enough majority in any town ?" - Huckleberry Finn
posted 11-26-12 00:02 AM CT (US)     23 / 717  
Actually Eru, can you confirm whether you're also a survivor ?

"Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side ? and ain't that a big enough majority in any town ?" - Huckleberry Finn
posted 11-26-12 00:14 AM CT (US)     24 / 717  
As far as I can tell we'd pretty much have to be survivors. But I'm glad I found who I was looking for Lol. Via Eru's claim since I know his name, He's confirmed as my sister I'm seeking. However, my role is a woman, not a man.

posted 11-26-12 00:47 AM CT (US)     25 / 717  
Judging by the daypost, Lordy seems to have been protected rather than being iron, since a shield appeared from nowhere and he got shocked by it.

My knowledge of this game's themes are limited to LotR and HP, but I'm hoping I won't need any knowledge on these things, as I'm far too lazy to use wikipedia

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 11-26-12 00:49 AM CT (US)     26 / 717  
Oh, and perhaps we could try and attempt to figure out the killers by their weapons? Any ninjas or something who throw blades ?

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 11-26-12 00:55 AM CT (US)     27 / 717  
Eru is obviously answering the call to announce himself to his brother. Anybody able to think of a character those two could be ? Not that it matters too much I guess.
Yeah, pretty clear who they are.

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 11-26-12 01:01 AM CT (US)     28 / 717  
Yeah, Eru as good as nameclaimed. But he's definitely not looking for Dante.
Judging by the daypost, Lordy seems to have been protected rather than being iron, since a shield appeared from nowhere and he got shocked by it.
That makes me think of Captain America, but that doesn't quite seem topical for this game. I suspect you're right, though. It sounds more like protection, but I'm not sure that means anything.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
posted 11-26-12 01:11 AM CT (US)     29 / 717  
Eru can you confirm you're looking for a brother not a sister?

posted 11-26-12 03:53 AM CT (US)     30 / 717  
Via Eru's claim since I know his name
Once Eru has cleared up the gender he's looking for (although his post seemed to heavily imply it was a male) is there a reason you can't reveal his name yourself?

house won this
posted 11-26-12 03:59 AM CT (US)     31 / 717  
Eru can you confirm you're looking for a brother not a sister?
I stand corrected. I now don't know who Dante is although it's clear what Eru's character is. I don't know if the restriction is on us as well, but reason enough for you guys to read Barti/Who/Firefly/etc wikis.

Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
posted 11-26-12 04:08 AM CT (US)     32 / 717  
As far as I can tell we'd pretty much have to be survivors.
Eru claimed Vanilla townie. You claimed survivor. He's looking for his elder brother, and his post literally was his nameclaim. You say you are a woman. Lolwut?

posted 11-26-12 04:22 AM CT (US)     33 / 717  
I'm thoroughly confused about the siblings looking for each other. I read it as a male seeking his sister, and another male seeking his brother. Two different pairs, perhaps? Pardon my lack of clear comprehension.

Tales of Middle-Earth | Don't miss it
posted 11-26-12 04:32 AM CT (US)     34 / 717  
I'm thoroughly confused about the siblings looking for each other. I read it as a male seeking his sister, and another male seeking his brother. Two different pairs, perhaps? Pardon my lack of clear comprehension.
Unless I'm being blind...

Eru -> Hasn't claimed gender, is apparently looking for a brother. Is a VT.

Dante -> Is a woman, is looking for a sister. Is a Survivor.
although it's clear what Eru's character is. I don't know if the restriction is on us as well, but reason enough for you guys to read Barti/Who/Firefly/etc wikis.
I'm going to come out now and say I don't have time to fill in my knowledge holes by reading wikis, especially since most of my posting (ie. now) will be done while I'm at work. If it's clear who his character is, could you instead point us to the wiki entry which makes it obvious? I don't think that breaks any rules.

house won this
posted 11-26-12 05:51 AM CT (US)     35 / 717  
Oh and I must say I'm somewhat worried about that one meaningful post per 48 hours rule I generally make a meaningful post about once or twice per day phase if even that.

posted 11-26-12 07:08 AM CT (US)     36 / 717  
I'm sure Herr will be sensible with it - I'm probably going to be inactive over weekends, which is a problem if you have to reply in every 48 hour period.

house won this
posted 11-26-12 08:02 AM CT (US)     37 / 717  
I'm unfortunately completely unfamiliar with my character's universe, although I gather (i.e. I asked the mod and he said) that flavour really doesn't matter.

Where did the big long list of universes come from? Did Herr list them somewhere? Mine was mentioned, FWIW.

posted 11-26-12 08:33 AM CT (US)     38 / 717  
Oh stop this silliness. He's River.

Firefly peoples...
posted 11-26-12 09:17 AM CT (US)     39 / 717  
What did you mean by "Firefly peoples..." ?

posted 11-26-12 09:48 AM CT (US)     40 / 717  
He means characters from Firefly. River is some kind of female killing machine as I recall, although I've only seen the absolutely dreadful film they made of the series so my knowledge is a bit sketchy. She went around with her older brother. I'm guessing that means Eru is actually male. The confusion presumably came about because Dante said 'if anybody out there is looking for a sister, tell a brotha'. I initially read that to mean that Dante was male, but it's clearer when you read it again.

Anyway, we seem to be wasting a lot of time with this. I'm more interested in the mechanic which stops them from claiming their names. Why would that be in there ?

posted 11-26-12 10:44 AM CT (US)     41 / 717  
Oh I see! I thought he was on about River Song (Doctor Who) so the mention of Firefly confused me.

I ask because I am apparently from Firefly too.

posted 11-26-12 10:47 AM CT (US)     42 / 717  
Well, poo, I thought I had found my brother that I'm looking for. Thymole above has it right, but I am looking for my brother, not my sister. I an female for the purposes of this game, and I am a VT and not a survivor. Dante, the flavor for your role would exactly fit the flavor for the brother who I can not name, though you claim to be female... Are you sure your name (which should start with a snake-looking letter and end with something that rhymes with "I'm on a dam") is female? This all confuses me, as unless it's someone from Dr. Who/Barti, there's no female-seeking-a-sister in any of the other flavors, unless it's a very far-fetched attempt at Sansa/Arya from GoT...

Also, just to clarify, the sing-song silliness thing was not a compulsion, nor do I have to sound crazy, I just wanted to... which, in retroflection, would have been an AWESOME restriction for this character in the game.

posted 11-26-12 11:41 AM CT (US)     43 / 717  
I'm sure Herr will be sensible with it - I'm probably going to be inactive over weekends, which is a problem if you have to reply in every 48 hour period.
Oh I will be, it is just to make sure that people don't intentionally lurk or just don't show up despite posting elsewhere. Lordy, Mozzy, PoS and Fiindil are currently under the scanner, but since the game has just begun I will allow them some leeway.

If you're making an effort to be active and contribute when you can then that's all I care about.

posted 11-26-12 11:49 AM CT (US)     44 / 717  
posted 11-26-12 11:51 AM CT (US)     45 / 717  
posted 11-26-12 11:53 AM CT (US)     46 / 717  
Hang on, Eru are you saying that you have a night action that allows you to seek your brother as well? From what I gathered from Dante's role, he has a limited timeframe to find his sibling before (s)he dies and is a survivor. To quote yourself:
I thought I had found my brother that I'm looking for. Thymole above has it right, but I am looking for my brother, not my sister.
Are you a VT, or do you have a night action? Neither yourself nor Dante have been overly clear on this matter yet.

A coward you are Withnail, an expert on bulls you are not
posted 11-26-12 12:00 PM CT (US)     47 / 717  
Interesting catch. Somebody has flubbed here.

Perhaps both. Dante needs to explain more. And Eru.

But mostly newt.
posted 11-26-12 12:04 PM CT (US)     48 / 717  
Sorry, why do you need me?

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
posted 11-26-12 12:12 PM CT (US)     49 / 717  
posted 11-26-12 12:17 PM CT (US)     50 / 717  
Yeah, Eru is River Tam definitely, and that should make Dante Simon Tam. But it's not.

Is anyone else aware of any other brother-sister pair like this?

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 15  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Role Reversal Mafia - Game
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames