Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Literature Mafia Game
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 06-29-13 06:56 PM CT (US)   

The Mafia Has Won!

01. Maegereg (Patrick Bateman; American Psycho; Noble Serial Killer)
02. Pulse_of_Shift (Tyler Durden; Fight Club; Mafia Godfather)
03. scragins (Hamlet; Hamlet; Insane Cop)
04. Cheddar Chap (Chief Bromden; One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest; Iron)
05. Droideka_11 (Frankenstein's Monster; Frankenstein; Miller Doctor)
06. The Greek Scav (Alex DeLarge; A Clockwork Orange; Mafia Roleblocker)
07. Popeychops (The Grinch; How The Grinch Stole Christmas!; Thief)
08. Sneaky_squirrel (Mr. Darcy; Pride & Prejudice; Cop)
09. FancyDante (O'brien; Nineteen Eighty Four; Mafia Investigator)
10. Ser Periagil (Friedrich Nietzsche; N/A; Unstable Jack Of All Trades)

[This message has been edited by Ashrzr (edited 07-16-2013 @ 12:06 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06-29-13 09:26 PM CT (US)     1 / 151  
...A Richard Marx CD plays on the stereo, a bag from Zabar’s loaded with sourdough onion bagels and spices sits on the kitchen table while I grind bone and fat and flesh into patties, and though it does sporadically penetrate how unacceptable some of what I’m doing actually is, I just remind myself that this thing, this girl, this meat, is nothing, is shit, and along with a Xanax (which I am now taking half-hourly) this thought momentarily calms me and then I’m humming, humming the theme to a show I watched often as a child—The Jetsons? The Banana Splits? Scooby Doo? Sigmund and the Sea Monsters? I’m remembering the song, the melody, even the key it was sung in, but not the show. Was it Lidsville? Was it H. R. Pufnstuf? These questions are punctuated by other questions, as diverse as “Will I ever do time?” and “Did this girl have a trusting heart?”

The smell of meat and blood clouds up the condo until I don’t notice it anymore. And later my macabre joy sours and I’m weeping for myself, unable to find solace in any of this, crying out, sobbing “I just want to be loved,” cursing the earth and everything I have been taught: principles, distinctions, choices, morals, compromises, knowledge, unity, prayer—all of it was wrong, without any final purpose. All it came down to was: die or adapt. I imagine my own vacant face, the disembodied voice coming from its mouth: These are terrible times. Maggots already writhe across the human sausage, the drool pouring from my lips dribbles over them, and still I can’t tell if I’m cooking any of this correctly, because I’m crying too hard and I have never really cooked anything before...

- American Psycho, Bret Easton Ellis

It is now Night 0, send actions to ashrzr@gmail.com

EE forever
posted 07-03-13 12:52 PM CT (US)     2 / 151  
Maegereg is making his rounds when a rare but unmistakable shower of panic
falls over him, not like water but rather that of wax, such that it pools onto his skin
and sheds it of any body hair that can even be found. The panic? He has realized that he
forgot something. He starts back toward his place, only to pass by a familiar alley but
an unfamiliar sight in the corner of his eye, only to see an even darker figure in the
still darkness. In his drunken, gut-wrenching panicking stupor he nears the shadow. It lurches
toward him, but he is pulled out of the way by something else before everything goes black.

Meanwhile, FancyDante is never done for the day but only ready for a
break. In the middle of such a break he, similarly, was attacked by a
shadow of a much different nature but was fortunate all the same.

Someone tried to kill Maegereg but failed.
Someone tried to kill FancyDante but failed.

It is now Day 1. 10 Alive => 6 To Lynch.

EE forever
posted 07-03-13 01:26 PM CT (US)     3 / 151  
Well, that's interesting. My guess is one of the two are iron.

Member of BlackForest Studios
Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
and The Seas of Egressa (4.8) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2010
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 07-03-13 01:30 PM CT (US)     4 / 151  
Ash, do you show kill stopped by Roleblock and/or Doctor?

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.

Stop playing so erotic, dammit! - theferret
Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
I was being stupid. - Herr
posted 07-03-13 01:47 PM CT (US)     5 / 151  
Yes, when a kill fails I always show it.

EE forever
posted 07-03-13 02:31 PM CT (US)     6 / 151  
Well, that's interesting. My guess is one of the two are iron.
Could we have two roleblockers in the game as opposed to one of them being BP/Iron?

One town and one mafia?

The great part is that Scab is apparently among such people. Yes. Greek Scab. My minion. -Stormraider

"Please don't grind on my wench and herr" - Bleedteals sister, asking me and herr not to grind her but mispelling

If he's not trolling I'll strip myself naked, paint myself green, and cheer for Ireland. -Coldviper. I'm still waiting for the proof....
posted 07-03-13 03:09 PM CT (US)     7 / 151  
Going purely by the write up it appears to me that Maeg was protected by someone from a night kill and FancyDante is iron?

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
posted 07-03-13 05:56 PM CT (US)     8 / 151  
I don't think Ash is going to make it that easy for us in fairness.

The great part is that Scab is apparently among such people. Yes. Greek Scab. My minion. -Stormraider

"Please don't grind on my wench and herr" - Bleedteals sister, asking me and herr not to grind her but mispelling

If he's not trolling I'll strip myself naked, paint myself green, and cheer for Ireland. -Coldviper. I'm still waiting for the proof....
posted 07-03-13 07:05 PM CT (US)     9 / 151  
That's strange, two failed kill attempts in Night 0 isn't a very common mafia event. Analyzing roles is going to be difficult in this mafia.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 07-03-13 07:24 PM CT (US)     10 / 151  
Is it really though?

We know for a fact now that atleast one of Dante and Maeg are town if not both, unless there are somehow 3 different parties with the ability to kill at night and the mafia decided to not kill during N0. But I doubt that, because potentially 3 deaths per night in a 10 man mafia game is too much.

We just need everyone to post for a bit so we can get townreads off people.

posted 07-03-13 09:37 PM CT (US)     11 / 151  
We know for a fact now that atleast one of Dante and Maeg are town if not both
If we assume more than one scum faction that's not true, though it would be unlikely that both Dante and myself were scum. Still, that doesn't help us much at this point.
Going purely by the write up it appears to me that Maeg was protected by someone from a night kill and FancyDante is iron?
As has been pointed out, I would be careful drawing that much of a conclusion from the writeup.

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
posted 07-03-13 10:29 PM CT (US)     12 / 151  
Just the general feeling I got from it.

posted 07-03-13 10:35 PM CT (US)     13 / 151  
No Scav, I wouldn't put them both as town yet. Unless we know the composition of scum.

However, I think it's safe to believe Maeg was protected, pretty clear, the flavor for that.

Random vote?

Well, that's like wanting to get raped by a nine-inch dick instead of a ten-inch. - Moff
posted 07-04-13 08:11 AM CT (US)     14 / 151  
4/10 people haven't said a word yet, yet they've been online.

Give them a bit more time to respond and then we random vote out of the ones who haven't said a word to apply some pressure.

posted 07-04-13 01:04 PM CT (US)     15 / 151  
Sorry, didn't see this had started. I'm in the middle of eating and will post seriously as soon as I'm done. So like half an hour to clean up and such.

posted 07-04-13 01:20 PM CT (US)     16 / 151  
Okay looks like someone tried to kill me last night and Maeg, I'm a limited JoaT, meaning to use an action I must give up an action. Last night I blocked Popey, and give up the ability to kill. Unless there's tons of protect roles, that would lead me to believe Popey has a kill role and didn't say anything about it when he posted.

posted 07-04-13 04:30 PM CT (US)     17 / 151  
Well, that makes this day alot more interesting.

I think we need to wait for Popey's claim first. However this does strike as quite bizarre.

So potentially there are 3 kills per night? Because if Dante had the option to kill or block and he chose to block, there are two others with the ability to kill out there.

3 killers per night in a 10 man mafia game?

posted 07-04-13 04:33 PM CT (US)     18 / 151  
I did target Maegereg, but I'm actually a Thief.

I expect you to take my word for it because I'm going to either provide you with results or I'll be blocked forever.

@Dante, why did you roleblock and not investigate? It seems a little dense to risk blocking an investigation when you could be providing one of your own.

Co-creator of Silent Evil (4.6) Voted Best Multiplayer Scenario of 2009 (Most Fave'd Multiplayer Scenario)
"Popey just hates everywhere." - Chocolate Jesus, on my fear of Romanian organ-traffickers
"Hooray for Dear Leader-Comrade-Generalissimo-Presidente-Lord Protector Popey!" - Lord Sipia, on my benevolent, iron-fisted rule
"You're not Popeychops; you don't get to physics." - Moff, in response to a clumsy muon simile
posted 07-04-13 04:35 PM CT (US)     19 / 151  
I'm the Grinch who stole Christmas, btw.

posted 07-04-13 04:45 PM CT (US)     20 / 151  
I'm not too familiar with the Thief role in forum based mafia but having played IM mafia a long time, from my experience a thief usually takes an item that a person has but doesn't have the ability to kill.

So if we are to believe Popey does this mean that there is either a blacksmith who hands out BP's or there is a gunsmith who hands people guns, otherwise the whole existence of a thief would be pointless without items.
Someone tried to kill Maegereg but failed.
I might be completely wrong, but it specifically says someone tried to kill Maeg.

From my experience of IM mafia, Thieves don't kill?

posted 07-04-13 04:53 PM CT (US)     21 / 151  
Yeah this doesn't make sense at all.

3 possible options:

1) Popey is lying about his thief attack because Ash explicitly states somebody tried to kill Maeg.

2) Somebody else also tried to kill Maeg but that person was roleblocked aswell.

3) Ash made a mistake in the semantics of his write up.

posted 07-04-13 06:10 PM CT (US)     22 / 151  
I can rule out #3. There's another alternative: chaos roles.

Thief is a type of flavour cop, I get an item which I can use to infer a players role. No killing involved.

I really want Dante to get back to me on why he roleblocked me instead of investigating me. If he'd investigating me we'd have a something solid rather than just forcing me to claim.

posted 07-04-13 07:24 PM CT (US)     23 / 151  
Almost home. Posting soon

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 07-04-13 08:18 PM CT (US)     24 / 151  
vote Popey

I received a guilty investigation on him last night and he was blocked and a kill didn't go through.

On top of that Popey didn't claim to be guilty on investigation in his claim.
posted 07-04-13 08:43 PM CT (US)     25 / 151  
Vote: Popey

Well, that certainly adds weight to the whole issue. Popey already looked incredibly shifty with an awful claim, especially given that Ash stated that somebody tried to kill Maeg whilst Popey is insisting that all he is is a thief.

Given that Dante claimed to have role-blocked Popey aswell and a kill did not happen today all points towards Popey being mafia.

posted 07-04-13 08:43 PM CT (US)     26 / 151  
Vote: Popeychops

posted 07-04-13 09:21 PM CT (US)     27 / 151  
Dclaimedantelikely did not investigate because the odds of finding scum so early is unlikely (the town:scum ratio is too high right now). A roleblock, however, had a chance to prevent a death and implicate a player without wasting the ever-important investigate ability.

Vote: poppy

I always trust a claimed cop until counterclaimed. Sorry.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 07-04-13 09:22 PM CT (US)     28 / 151  
On mobile. Ignore the weird typos. This site sucks on mobile. * Dante

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 07-05-13 03:22 AM CT (US)     29 / 151  
Well, that should be sufficient.

Scrag, Dante, didn't catch your name.

posted 07-05-13 05:46 AM CT (US)     30 / 151  
I haven't claimed apart from the fact I can investigate. I am a cop.
posted 07-05-13 05:48 AM CT (US)     31 / 151  
If you want my name I will provide it.
posted 07-05-13 06:48 AM CT (US)     32 / 151  
That does seem fairly definitive. Not sure if this makes a difference or not, but Vote: Popey

Maegereg
,,,,,,,,,,Crusader for Commas,,,,,,,,,,
"404 errors scare me too..." -Cadre ][ "We outnumber them. Theoretically, we should win." -RESOME ][ "OD scares me. A lot. I'd sooner drop napalm on it than post on it." -Rotaretilbo
Free Kenan
posted 07-05-13 07:03 AM CT (US)     33 / 151  
I think he is one vote away from being lynched.
posted 07-05-13 10:12 AM CT (US)     34 / 151  
Wow we really progressed since last I checked. Not really much I can add, Popey looks very guilty to me.

posted 07-05-13 11:31 AM CT (US)     35 / 151  
He's pretty much gone right?

posted 07-05-13 11:59 AM CT (US)     36 / 151  
"That's a noise," grinned the Grinch,
"That I simply must hear!"
So he paused. And the Grinch put a hand to his ear.
And he did hear a sound rising over the snow.
It started in low. Then it started to grow...

But the sound wasn't sad!
Why, this sound sounded merry!
It couldn't be so!
But it WAS merry! VERY!

He stared down at Who-ville!
The Grinch popped his eyes!
Then he shook!
What he saw was a shocking surprise!

Every Who down in Who-ville, the tall and the small,
Was singing! Without any presents at all!
He HADN'T stopped Christmas from coming!
IT CAME!
Somehow or other, it came just the same!

And the Grinch, with his grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling and puzzling: "How could it be so?
It came without ribbons! It came without tags!
"It came without packages, boxes or bags!"
And he puzzled three hours, `till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store.
"Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"

And what happened then...?
Well...in Who-ville they say
That the Grinch's small heart
Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light
And he brought back the toys! And the food for the feast!
And he...

...HE HIMSELF...!
The Grinch became the first deceased!
Popeychops (The Grinch Whole Stole Christmas - Thief) has been lynched
It is now Night 1. Send actions to ashrzr@gmail.com

EE forever
posted 07-06-13 11:23 AM CT (US)     37 / 151  
You muppets

posted 07-06-13 12:13 PM CT (US)     38 / 151  
scragins sighs in modernist's sarcasm as he nears his welcomed death.
He has been stabbed three times by an unknown assailant, but before he can be stabbed again,
he sees a another hulking figure shake up the darkness and then everything goes black.

'Alas!' Ser Periagil exclaims. 'Why hast no one tried to slay me? For I am the anti-christ, the deliverer among thee!'

He suddenly notices a pain in his crotch area, and he mutters, 'Damn that one-tim-ed whore!'

'Have you ever received a punch?' someone interrupts him from behind.

'Hm?' Ser Periagil says, turning around.

He was found the next day, dead, no longer illuminating the world with his brilliance.

Someone tried to kill scragins but failed.
Ser Periagil (Friedrich Nietzsche - Unstable Jack of All Trades) has been killed.
It is now Day 1. 8 Alive => 5 To Lynch.

EE forever
posted 07-06-13 12:47 PM CT (US)     39 / 151  
Vote: Scragins

Pretty self explanatory:

My guess is that Ser tried to kill Scragins after his atrocious D1 cop guilty but either there is a mafia roleblocker at large who blocked Ser or the Doctor is a bloody dipshit for protecting a 'cop' who guiltied town.

posted 07-06-13 01:44 PM CT (US)     40 / 151  
Stop! Last night I had the choice of investigate or protect, I investigated Maeg and got a guilty!

Vote Lynch Maeg

posted 07-06-13 01:58 PM CT (US)     41 / 151  
Actually, Unvote: Scragins

I want to hear your 'report'

posted 07-06-13 02:02 PM CT (US)     42 / 151  
Also, Pulse of shift, you haven't said a damned thing and I know for a fact that you have been online.

Sneaky: You have said one thing and the one thing you said was been completely useless.

Droideka has also been entirely filler, offering literally nothing but appearing to contribute.

posted 07-06-13 02:51 PM CT (US)     43 / 151  
Well, I agree with you. Let's have Dante explain this fully.

Rick: POS is literally the best poster.
Lunatic: POS, you are awesome, can I marry you?
posted 07-06-13 03:15 PM CT (US)     44 / 151  
Wat, no that's all I have lol.

posted 07-06-13 03:16 PM CT (US)     45 / 151  
I don't have any big contribution at this moment in time.

But I also have an interest in prodding Maeg.

___

Also, while there still isn't a lot going on, I have a question which I probably missed:

The day announcement mentions Ser Periagil saying he is the "anti-christ", or at least his character saying that (Not Ser himself). How do we know if he was town? Judging by the two day announcements I suspect that alignment of the dead isn't announced.

___

I would like to focus on Maeg at the moment though. I really hope this pressure vote doesn't get bandwagoned Day 1 style.

Vote: Maegereg

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
posted 07-06-13 03:28 PM CT (US)     46 / 151  
Sigh.

Up for replacement.

posted 07-06-13 03:45 PM CT (US)     47 / 151  
Vote: Scragins Pretty self explanatory:My guess is that Ser tried to kill Scragins after his atrocious D1 cop guilty but either there is a mafia roleblocker at large who blocked Ser or the Doctor is a bloody dipshit for protecting a 'cop' who guiltied town.
I find it unlikely that scum would fake claim as cop and get guilty on someone just to get a Townie lynched on Day 1. That's suicide, it just doesn't make sense to me. Why not say he got innocent on a few townies then when the playing field is more even say he got guilty on someone? I find it far more likely that he either always gets guilty (Paranoid?) or always gets the opposite result, in which case he can still prove useful.

I would like to know Scragins result today.
Stop! Last night I had the choice of investigate or protect, I investigated Maeg and got a guilty!Vote Lynch Maeg
Something worth looking into but we definitely need to take it easy this time, weigh all our options and then decide what we're going to do. Dont want a repeat of Day 1.

posted 07-06-13 04:13 PM CT (US)     48 / 151  
Well, does anybody else have something of interest?

posted 07-06-13 05:39 PM CT (US)     49 / 151  
I find it unlikely that scum would fake claim as cop and get guilty on someone just to get a Townie lynched on Day 1. That's suicide, it just doesn't make sense to me. Why not say he got innocent on a few townies then when the playing field is more even say he got guilty on someone? I find it far more likely that he either always gets guilty (Paranoid?) or always gets the opposite result, in which case he can still prove useful.

I would like to know Scragins result today.
It would be bizzare as hell to have a para/insane cop in the setup like this one.
The day announcement mentions Ser Periagil saying he is the "anti-christ", or at least his character saying that (Not Ser himself). How do we know if he was town? Judging by the two day announcements I suspect that alignment of the dead isn't announced.
That could be a good point actually, in which case there must be a serial killer in this setup or a 3rd party killing role.
Well, does anybody else have something of interest?
Do you realize how scummy you look at the moment?

The moment I tell you to post something you do, which shows that not only have you been following this thread but you've also been following this thread and said not a word during the day before I prompted you.

furthermore after your already pointless reply you add in another completely useless and mundane filler line.

If it wasn't for the fact that there has been a guilty report on Maeg and the whole awful guilty on D1 on scragins, my vote would be on you.

posted 07-06-13 07:46 PM CT (US)     50 / 151  
No. Games here just move absurdly fast. There was that whole little Independence Day thing when the town decided to lynch people. Now that is over, here I am.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Literature Mafia Game
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames