Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: World War Two Mafia (Alternate History) - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 20 ··· 22  Next Page »
posted 06-17-10 03:59 PM CT (US)   

WORLD WAR TWO MAFIA: ALTERNATE HISTORY

It is September 1938. The German Confederation has declared war on Prussia after a succession of diplomatic incidents, engineered by the ruthless Chancellor, Adolf Hitler, and his nefarious followers. Having spent almost two decades modernising with French assistance, the Confederation is well-armed, well-supplied and well-suited to a short, sharp war against the economically-chastised Prussian state.

Britain has honoured its defensive agreement with Prussia, and has declared war on the German Confederation. However, this has had the predicted effect of bringing the French Empire into war alongside the southern German alliance. The beginnings of a great global conflict are taking shape.

Day 7
The Winners

4. Heir - Francisco Franco (Neutral Bus Driver)
5. dsmi - Nikola Tesla (Allied Inventor)
6. Count M - Alexander von Falkenhausen (Allied Doctor)
7. Ensemble Nut - Ismet Inonu (Allied Roleblocker)
14. Charliedog - Douglas MacArthur (Allied Governor)

Dead

16. Mikkim Ashrzr - Ioannis Metaxas (Axis Roleblocker) - Lynched Day 1
10. Thymole - Alexander Kerensky (Neutral Noble) - Killed Night 1
9. WRP Beater - Gabriele D'Annunzio (Neutral One-Shot Vig) - Killed Night 1
2. Rot Thymole - Emperor Napoleon VI (Axis Deputy Godfather/Odd Night Recruiter) - Lynched Day 2
1. Coldviper - Bernard Montgomery (Allied Cop) - Killed Night 2
15. Mozzy - Adolf Hitler (Axis Godfather) - Killed Night 2
3. Buffychick - Francois Darlan (Axis Investigator) - Lynched Day 3
12. dsmi - Anthony Eden (Allied Even-Nights Recruiter) - Killed Night 3
17. Maegereg - Isoroku Yamamoto (Empire Deputy Godfather) - Lynched Day 4
8. Veridian Cleric - Emperor Pu Yi (Empire Roleblocker/Investigator) - Lynched Day 5
18. Mozzy - Chiang Kai-Shek (Allied One-Shot Iron) - Killed Night 5
13. Ashrzr - Ramon Mercader (Communist Intermittent Serial Killer) - Lynched Day 6
11. Olympus - Tojo Hideki (Empire Godfather) - Lynched Day 7

RULES

The usual. Communicate outside the thread only if you're allowed to, etc. No funny business, or a can of Newt-flavoured whoopass will surely be opened.

Note: Mod posts may contain flavour or characters not necessarily appearing in the game.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy

[This message has been edited by Newt_Gunray (edited 09-05-2010 @ 06:59 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-13-10 10:52 AM CT (US)     401 / 1066  
I'm alive. Incredible. I forgot to send an action in though
posted 07-13-10 11:02 AM CT (US)     402 / 1066  
I think that rot gets tired of writing huge posts that nobody reads. Then he ends up repeating himself and people still don't read.
posted 07-13-10 12:32 PM CT (US)     403 / 1066  
I can't justify any of rot's work to be honest. It's beyond me because it is based off of experience and typical patterns I don't see

sorry
posted 07-13-10 02:48 PM CT (US)     404 / 1066  
I forgot to send an action in though
Yeah right. Anyone buying this?
I think that rot gets tired of writing huge posts that nobody reads. Then he ends up repeating himself and people still don't read.
Count was obviously reading every bit of what he was posting. So yeah, that can't be the reason he dropped out of this one. Maybe he justt realized his position was untenable with at least one of his scummates being inexperienced and practically committing suicide(in a scenario where Rot is scum).

Its of course sad when this happens in other games, if you're involved in a debate, play your part. Don't just say, "he's better than me, so I'm not bothering with him. Lets just kill him."
I can't justify any of rot's work to be honest. It's beyond me because it is based off of experience and typical patterns I don't see
You can't, we know that. We had the same problem with Ash/Mikkim.

So, basically, if the rest of the town agrees with me, I think you should claim.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 07-13-10 03:09 PM CT (US)     405 / 1066  
You should. You saw that I hadn't posted for a long time and you even asked if I had told anyone why. I was away for the whole weekend at a friends and I have a theory exam coming up that I've been busy studying for. So I never checked the thread and didn't see it was night.
posted 07-13-10 03:24 PM CT (US)     406 / 1066  
I'm sure you have the sense and foresight to ahev sent in an action early if you were going to be away. Plus, Newt had set the deadline over a week ago, you would've known when it was going to be night.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

posted 07-13-10 03:30 PM CT (US)     407 / 1066  
*have*

Dunno how I managed that as a typo.

posted 07-13-10 05:08 PM CT (US)     408 / 1066  
Yeah, you should really claim now, THYMOLE. Save us the trouble of voting to force it.

Just as some bodies, from the moment of birth, are endowed with beauty, while on others nature from their very beginning bestows blemishes and wrinkles, so with souls too, some are distinguished at once with extreme grace and attractiveness, while others leave a trail of sombre and deep gloom. ~Michael Psellus, Chronographia
posted 07-13-10 06:39 PM CT (US)     409 / 1066  
Hah is this deja vu or what?

vote thymole

a vote because i think he needs the incentive.
posted 07-13-10 06:52 PM CT (US)     410 / 1066  
Tentative vote: Thymole

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 07-14-10 01:59 PM CT (US)     411 / 1066  
CV missed a prod for Star Trek Mafia in Total War Heaven too and ended up getting lynched (FYI need 1 replacement there for anybody intrested emial me programmingdafoe@Hotmail.com so I can have you perform the Night 1 action)

Mind you, as Heir mentioned, if you are going to be away you should have sent the action in earlier or let people know you'll be away a couple of days to avoid this and similar situations. Anyways Live and learn.

I have to agree. Rot was not only aggressive early on which I find is his common play when he is scum or a SK, you'll also note that in the last game after going aggressive he tricked the town into thinking they were a survivor group. I have to agree that Thymole should claim

Can we have a Vote count please to avoid somebody accidentlly hammering.

Life is simple
Eat, Sleep, Play Games
-------------------------------------------
Want to make arcade games for XBOX 360, send me an email programmingdafoe@hotmail.com
posted 07-14-10 03:33 PM CT (US)     412 / 1066  
when he is scum or a SK
A SK IS scum.

AoMH retired Scenario designer
Skarr: "I wish WRP_Beater would stop abusing the poor BBCode."
lostrozzacavalli: "Mezzo e un minuto." | "I'm joking ragazzo."
Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 07-14-10 03:51 PM CT (US)     413 / 1066  
We have just 2-3 votes, nowhere close to hammering. In fact, just to add on pressure,

Vote: Thymole

posted 07-14-10 04:06 PM CT (US)     414 / 1066  
What Heir said. However:

Votes

Thymole
- 3 (Mozzy, dsmi, Heir)
A SK IS scum.
I think he just means to differentiate between an SK and a mafia group.

The Marvellous Mr Gunray!
"Perhaps the kill came from Newt. But that would have to mean he targeted himself, which I doubt." - Ash
"His posts are a prime example of promulgated intelligence, and yet within his staggering vocabulary, there is little, if any comprehensible meaning to be found." - Tonto_Johnlee
"And trust me, he has indeed made my kitchen all the saucier." - Xaph
"Newt is the epitome of what HGers should strive to be." - Mozzy
posted 07-14-10 05:40 PM CT (US)     415 / 1066  
I will also add presure, wanted to be 100% sure, as I believe Newt likes using Noble roles.

Unvote
Vote Thymole

And yes, I know that a SK is also a scum but some people play as a SK differently then they would the "scum TEAM", was just trying that Rot didn't.

Thanks for pointing that out Newt (thumbs up)

Life is simple
Eat, Sleep, Play Games
Want to make arcade games for XBOX 360, send me an email programmingdafoe@hotmail.com
posted 07-14-10 09:10 PM CT (US)     416 / 1066  
I'll look up sone of the finer details tomorrow. But my character is Marian Rejewsk. (probably misspelled)

I am the one who solved the German Enigma machine ( a coder essentially. I am a Lie Detector.
posted 07-14-10 10:41 PM CT (US)     417 / 1066  
what finer details? what dont you have available that you need?
posted 07-15-10 00:31 AM CT (US)     418 / 1066  
What dsmi said.

And what lies have you detected so far?

posted 07-15-10 06:57 AM CT (US)     419 / 1066  
Well, he's on a phone IIRC.

Dr. Newt: "You are WRP. A slightly manic Italian presence on the forums, you have improved over the years to be a fairly reliable pair of hands, either as town or scum."
posted 07-15-10 08:06 AM CT (US)     420 / 1066  
Come on, why do all our suspects have this problem?

posted 07-15-10 08:17 AM CT (US)     421 / 1066  
So am I beater
posted 07-15-10 09:33 AM CT (US)     422 / 1066  
Yo, its not like i was saying i couldnt give em, just that i was going to wait a bit when it got easier. Scrolling through all those messages is a real pain on the phone. Its irrelevant though, ill look now.

And i dont know what the past results were, I'll ask Newt
posted 07-15-10 09:48 AM CT (US)     423 / 1066  
I am Marian Rejewski, a Polish mathematician. I am the one solved the German Enigma Cipher and allowed for the sucess British Intelligence's Ultra. Because of my accomplishments, I can intercept a post and "decode it" thus checking it for any lies.
posted 07-15-10 10:18 AM CT (US)     424 / 1066  
Wikipedia says he mostly dealt with low level ciphers, I'd expect the Head of British intelligence or something to be deciphering stuff.

It seems good enough, but I'll wait for his results before I remove my vote.

posted 07-15-10 11:16 AM CT (US)     425 / 1066  
This guy cracked the code, which allowed for the Brits to do their stuff, i think theres a movie about him actually.

After he cracked it i dont think he actually decoded the messages himself, but im not sure about that. However it still kinda makes sense rolewise, at least moreso than some other roles
posted 07-15-10 11:23 AM CT (US)     426 / 1066  
Works for me. If it doesn't pan out, I can always put my vote back on him. Unvote: Thymole

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
posted 07-15-10 11:45 AM CT (US)     427 / 1066  
I will also add presure, wanted to be 100% sure, as I believe Newt likes using Noble roles.
I just saw this. Maybe you didnt notice, but i was killed and replaced in. Im no longer noble
posted 07-15-10 01:59 PM CT (US)     428 / 1066  
"Decode" claims.

posted 07-15-10 03:01 PM CT (US)     429 / 1066  
I would so totally go for investigations on and claims from Mozzy if Thymole turns out to be scum.

So, after we get Thymole's results, what do we do? Go inactive hunting?

posted 07-15-10 04:38 PM CT (US)     430 / 1066  
Why from Mozzy? Just an inquiry as how you decided to go after him. I am back and will be posting more often now.
posted 07-15-10 06:24 PM CT (US)     431 / 1066  
Apparently rot didn't send in an action on night 1. Newt didn't mention Night 0

Scummy as that may sound I'd like to point out that it would be much easier to choose a random post and say TRUE. Furthermore, I can prove myself tomorrow so I see no need to kill me today. Are there any Specific posts that people would like verified?
posted 07-15-10 06:26 PM CT (US)     432 / 1066  
Oh wait *facepalm*

I suppose it's a bit obvious why I had no Night 0 action
posted 07-15-10 07:29 PM CT (US)     433 / 1066  
Ha ha, that would be funny using lie detector on confirm messages.

I agree with Heir on Mozzy. Why would you remove the vote only if thy doesn't pan out? We can never really prove it and thy could always guess 50/50 chance ofgetting it wrong and he's looking at a lynch either way

Life is simple
Eat, Sleep, Play Games
posted 07-15-10 07:32 PM CT (US)     434 / 1066  
You can prove yourself tomorrow. In other words, "just one more day guys!"

I don't buy it. Rot's play was off, to say the least - he was determined to pressure me, which turned out to be a gambit by scum who had targeted me night 0 anyways. I said earlier I didn't think it was coincidence that Mikkim targeted me right away, and Rot did the same thing, then topped it off by quitting the game when nobody listened to him.

As you say, it would be remarkably easy to pick a random post and go "TRUE". It would be similarly easy to pick a random post and go "FALSE", since this is a mafia game and nobody ever reveals the whole truth. Now you want just one more day. How many times have we all heard scum make that request?

Just as some bodies, from the moment of birth, are endowed with beauty, while on others nature from their very beginning bestows blemishes and wrinkles, so with souls too, some are distinguished at once with extreme grace and attractiveness, while others leave a trail of sombre and deep gloom. ~Michael Psellus, Chronographia
posted 07-15-10 09:00 PM CT (US)     435 / 1066  
I don't buy it. Rot's play was off, to say the least - he was determined to pressure me, which turned out to be a gambit by scum who had targeted me night 0 anyways. I said earlier I didn't think it was coincidence that Mikkim targeted me right away, and Rot did the same thing, then topped it off by quitting the game when nobody listened to him.

As you say, it would be remarkably easy to pick a random post and go "TRUE". It would be similarly easy to pick a random post and go "FALSE", since this is a mafia game and nobody ever reveals the whole truth. Now you want just one more day. How many times have we all heard scum make that request?
Rot's logic was good. Your defense is still irrational although it proved correct in the end. Rot said it was a possibility and asked you to claim, you said it was an impossibility and refused completely. Now that more info is avaliable you have skewed the past. Whatever rot was doing, it couldrss have included the stuff we know now.

Also, I am not asking for "one more day." I'm askig for a single day. I haven't had one yet. It also makes sense only if rot hadn't sent in a night action. If he had then he wouldn't have been replaced! Additionally, you mention that I could just pick any random post. Yet you failed to see that I asked for a specific post chosen by OTHERS. It's not the same. My referance was to what I could have done, but is not relevant to what I can do now.

If the person in suspect simply posts "I am Town" then I can function as a cop. So if you agree with this then naturally we shouldn't trust cops, who say Guilty or Innocent.
posted 07-15-10 09:09 PM CT (US)     436 / 1066  
I feel as if that argument about one more day might not have made sense so I'm going to clarify.

Rot wouldn't have been replaced if he had sent in a night action, thus proving that either he did not, or that he doesn't have one.

The "one more day" approach is used a lot. It makes sense. However that usually comes In to play when the scum player should already have had the evidence to support himself, and is now trying to delay.

Knowing that Rot couldn't have sent his action, I couldn't possibly have recieved a result. Thus accounting for my need for another day.
posted 07-15-10 11:35 PM CT (US)     437 / 1066  
My defense was perfectly rational, you're just sore because you were wrong then and you're wrong now.

Unvote
Vote: THYMOLE

Rot's behavior was ridiculous, and fell right in line with the similarly ridiculous behavior of a scum player.

posted 07-16-10 01:56 AM CT (US)     438 / 1066  
Rot would never ever forget to send in an action. My vote stays.
Why from Mozzy? Just an inquiry as how you decided to go after him.
Because its a classic scum trick to post right after a scum partner claims and say that it sounds believable. Tends to direct public opinion.

I am pretty convinced he's scum due to the lack of actions. I've never seen a lie detector role that sends in actions during the night. If we'd started with day, then it would have been more believable.

posted 07-16-10 09:04 AM CT (US)     439 / 1066  
Rot would never ever forget to send in an action. My vote stays.
uh, this supports my argument. Rot wasn't playing Ngmore. If he had been he would have sent one in. If he had sent one in, he wouldn't have been replaces. And what is this about lie detectors only working during the day? I can find an example if you really don't believe that.
posted 07-16-10 09:07 AM CT (US)     440 / 1066  
Ngmore=anymore

idk how that one happened
posted 07-16-10 10:02 AM CT (US)     441 / 1066  
He might have stopped posting, but if he's told to send in an action then he will.
And what is this about lie detectors only working during the day?
I've never seen lie detector actions that work only at night, cause they then essentially become cops.

But those two are only minor reasons to suspect you, my vote on you is primarily because of Rot's play.

posted 07-16-10 12:02 PM CT (US)     442 / 1066  
Well were any of you prodded to send night actions when night 1 began?
posted 07-16-10 05:41 PM CT (US)     443 / 1066  
Why would you remove the vote only if thy doesn't pan out?
What? I said that we can always lynch if his story doesn't pan out; not the other way round.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 07-17-10 00:32 AM CT (US)     444 / 1066  
Well were any of you prodded to send night actions when night 1 began?
You seriously expect anyone to be answering this?

Looks like you just want people to come forward so you know who has night actions. My vote stays.

posted 07-17-10 06:46 AM CT (US)     445 / 1066  
Do we not have a single town role with a night action yet?

Well then answer t for yourselves. Did you get prodded for your night actions? If not then the point is invalid.
posted 07-17-10 08:31 AM CT (US)     446 / 1066  
aCtually no, this is irrelevant. If newt had sent a prod for night one he would have sent it to everyone in a mass email. Meaning I would have gotten one too. So no, rot was not prodded, he was inactive, and he sent in no action
posted 07-17-10 12:50 PM CT (US)     447 / 1066  
Lie detectors can work at night. And rotetilbo had some very valid points, and Thymole is giving a good defense. Party because of you trying to lynch me as a detriment to the town and party because you're not making any sense with your blatant accusations against thymole. I'm going to

Vote:Heir of elessar
posted 07-17-10 12:51 PM CT (US)     448 / 1066  
Vote: Heir of Elessar

I'm not mafia, I doubt that Thymole is, and I think that CV is a safe bet.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
posted 07-17-10 01:00 PM CT (US)     449 / 1066  
*facepalm*

No accusation, no proof, nothing to indicate me being scum, general agreement that I'm town....now mozzie votes for Heir and calls me scum.....
posted 07-17-10 01:04 PM CT (US)     450 / 1066  
When did I call you scum?

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 20 ··· 22  Next Page »
HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » World War Two Mafia (Alternate History) - Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
HeavenGames