Moderated by GoSailing, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Scientology Mafia ~ ENDGAME
« Previous Page  1 ··· 13 14 15  Next Page »
posted 07-29-09 04:30 AM CT (US)   

~ ENDGAME ~

Email the host with day/night actions or any questions!

Several extremely highly ranked members of the Church of Scientology sat in their locked meeting room. What could they do against the increasing number of anti-Scientology protesters spreading lies and hate, turning the world against them? After several intense hours of deliberation, Operation Polymorph was approved. Key opposers the church's ideals would be found and kidnapped. To avoid suspicion, it was decided to only kidnap one individual per night.

Unfortunately, several pages of the official Operation Polymorph document were photographed by an unknown infiltrator. Instead of showing the plans to the world, the traitor decided to avoid telling the media and instead notify those who the document identified as potential targets. And so it began, the pivotal battle for the Church of Scientology. Can they complete Operation Polymorph or will they be outnumbered by their supposedly enlightened opponents? Not even I know.

Game Structure:

This will be a traditional game of mafia with seventeen players. Any typical roles might be seen in this game, as well as custom roles. This game of mafia is designed to be somewhat of a return-to-roots mafia experience, the reason for this being that the game is based on what I like to call a "loose theme", where everyone has a themed role but role claiming is not as powerful or useful as it is in normal, stricter themed games. Also be aware that I expect people who sign up to this mafia to be committed to playing the game. Obviously those with a good reason to stop playing can be replaced but I do not expect to have to replace players who are inactive. If a player appears to be going inactive, they will be prodded. If there is not a swift response to that prod, they will be replaced. If a replacement cannot be found quickly, they will be modkilled instead.

Rules and Game Info:

• Each day phase will continue until a single player has the majority (greater than half) of votes on them, which will result in that player being lynched. For example, if 10 players remain, 6 votes on a single player will result in that player being lynched (even if one or more voters changes their mind after these votes have accumulated). If activity dwindles during the day a deadline might be imposed at the host's discretion. If activity does not return to an acceptable level or a majority vote is not reached within the set deadline, no-one will be lynched that day and the night phase will commence.
  • Each night phase will last 48 hours. If you do not email your night actions to the host within the designated night period then you may be granted leniency but this is at the host's discretion. You are advised to decide and perform night actions on time.
  • To vote a player to be lynched, you must bold your choice. An example of the formatting you can use is shown below:

Vote: Forummer X.

• In order to change your vote, you must unvote your original choice first. You must specify the player you are unvoting - this helps the host and also ensures people are following the game decently. You shouldn't be forgetting who you're currently voting for. The following is an example of an acceptable change of vote:

Unvote: Forummer X.
    Vote: Forummer Y.

• You cannot vote for yourself.
  • If you wish to not lynch anyone on the current day, simply vote for "No Lynch". Votes for "No Lynch" work in the same way as votes against any other player.
  • The game ends when every team is either dead or incapacitated, or has fulfilled their win condition. The town's win condition is to eliminate all threats to them.
  • If you die, you're dead. Don't go spreading information and refrain from posting in this thread.
  • If you are declared officially missing, you will be treated as dead. You must not post in this thread, you cannot be voted for and you will not be able to vote or perform any actions associated with your role.
  • If a dead or officially missing player posts in this thread in order to wish their team good luck then no action will be taken but if the host decides that any information has been revealed in the post, that player's team will be punished at the host's discretion.
  • Don't talk about this game outside of this thread unless your role says you can.
  • Don't post in this thread during the night phase. If you do, your punishment is at the discretion of the host depending on the time and contents of the post but it will usually result in a modkill. Do not complain if you post at night and get modkilled, no matter what you are posting for.
  • Don't quote any e-mail correspondance between you and the host, including your role email. You may paraphrase but if you are unsure about what you can say and what you cannot, contact the host first.
  • Don't edit your posts. If you do, your punishment is at the discretion of the host depending on the nature of the edit but it will usually result in a modkill. Do not complain if you edit a post and get modkilled.
  • If you are going to be away from the game for an extended period of time (for example, going on holiday for a week or longer), tell the host in advance so that they can replace you if necessary.
  • If you simply stop posting and become inactive, you will be prodded. If your activity does not pick up or you do not reply to the prod, you will be replaced if possible. If a replacement cannot be found quickly, you will be modkilled. If you sign up to play this game, I expect you to play.
  • If you have a question about the game, you should email the host. Using the thread to ask questions is not advised (especially not at night where it could result in a modkill). The host will make their answer public if they feel it is necessary.
  • It is not my fault if you don't read and follow the rules.

• List of Players:

Alive (4):

• Blatant7 - Anonymous Hacker (Town)
  • Beelzebub - Picketer (Town)
  • Julius999 - Former Detective Chief Inspector (Scientologists)
  • Shanks13 - L. Ron Hubbard (Scientologists)

• Officially Missing (6):

• Night 0: Ashrzr - Easily Distracted Insane Scientologist Serial Killer (Third Party)
  • Night 2: EnemyofJupitor Xzyiothe (Since found)
  • Day 3: Phaethon180 - Mark Bunker (Town)
  • Night 3: EnemyofJupitor Xzyiothe - Anonymous Hacker (Town)
  • Night 4: vampiric canniba - Patrolling Policeman (Town)
  • Night 6: Czech Centurian - Noble Picketer (Town)
  • Night 7: NomadicNoodle - Picketer (Town)

• Dead (7):

• Night 0: Kyle Santos - Tom Cruise (Scientologists)
  • Day 1: Sir Wulf - John Travolta (Scientologists)
  • Day 2: Heir of Elessar - Katie Holmes (Scientologists)
  • Day 3: Henrz - Picketer (Town)
  • Day 4: theferret - Ghost of Lisa McPherson (Town)
  • Day 6: dsmi1 - Scientologist Infiltrator (Town)
  • Day 7: Droideka_11 - Picketer (Town)

• Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
    Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
    There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
    But you can't take the sky from me...

[This message has been edited by DragonQ (edited 12-27-2009 @ 07:06 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 12-15-09 05:32 AM CT (US)     701 / 742  
    Another reason the roleblock evidence is not concrete has occurred to me: Blatant himself may have been converted.

Doubtful, but it all goes to show that we have nothing solid against Shanks. The case for going after either me or Droideka is overwhelming.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
    Member of Stormwind Studios
    posted 12-15-09 08:03 PM CT (US)     702 / 742  
    Actually, nvm, now that I think about it; when Xzy got Heir, there was a failed kill report in the Day write-up. Well, let's see...

Unvote
    Vote: Droid
    If I am wrong, blame Noodle. Blatant be roleblocking Julius then, and hope that 50% work; unless he be lying, which would make me really sad. Though it's most likely he's Town, since Xzy's death pretty much confirmed him and he wasn't acting protown (wasn't even active?) until later into the game, so if we go with "scum only convert people who act protown," then they wouldn't convert Blatant. If we don't go with that, then everyone's a likely convert except Noodle, and that's too much work.

Now that I think about it, by the logic of "scum only convert people who act protown," Droid is a perfect target. He was involved in the whole VT confirmation controlversy (granted I was, too, but at face value, Czech did be chosen over me, and he's already dead and is town, so I don't think the mafia would choose a normal VT, who barely acted protown, over a noble VT), and then initiated the lynch of a Scientologist - a protown action that could later be used as an excuse.

I don't have a penis - Ashrzr | What, ash has a penis - Blatant | no, I lie no longer - Ashrz
    Proof that Noodle is a typical tea-drinking British
    don't I have enough nicknames already - Revenge | no, you need more - Jack | says the tea drinking British! - Revenge | yes, say i. - Jack
    Enlightenment is only one click away
    posted 12-17-09 00:33 AM CT (US)     703 / 742  
    Actually, nvm, now that I think about it; when Xzy got Heir, there was a failed kill report in the Day write-up. Well, let's see...

Unvote
    If I am wrong, blame Noodle. Blatant be roleblocking Julius then, and hope that 50% work; unless he be lying, which would make me really sad. Though it's most likely he's Town, since Xzy's death pretty much confirmed him
    How?
    and he wasn't acting protown (wasn't even active?) until later into the game, so if we go with "scum only convert people who act protown," then they wouldn't convert Blatant. If we don't go with that, then everyone's a likely convert except Noodle, and that's too much work.

Now that I think about it, by the logic of "scum only convert people who act protown," Droid is a perfect target. He was involved in the whole VT confirmation controlversy (granted I was, too, but at face value, Czech did be chosen over me, and he's already dead and is town, so I don't think the mafia would choose a normal VT, who barely acted protown, over a noble VT), and then initiated the lynch of a Scientologist - a protown action that could later be used as an excuse.
    Well if you go by the fact that Julius accused me of targeting Czech last night, it is unlikely that I am the convertee since they don't usually get to make the Mafia NK.
    Another reason the roleblock evidence is not concrete has occurred to me: Blatant himself may have been converted.

Doubtful, but it all goes to show that we have nothing solid against Shanks. The case for going after either me or Droideka is overwhelming.
    Pretty fervently protecting Shanks aren't you?

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
    posted 12-17-09 00:43 AM CT (US)     704 / 742  
    Actually, if you're the only one left, then you must be the one making the kill.

I don't have a penis - Ashrzr | What, ash has a penis - Blatant | no, I lie no longer - Ashrz
    don't I have enough nicknames already - Revenge | no, you need more - Jack | says the tea drinking British! - Revenge | yes, say i. - Jack
    posted 12-17-09 06:52 AM CT (US)     705 / 742  
    Pretty fervently protecting Shanks aren't you?
    I don't care much about Shanks today. I have no idea whether he is town or not, but I know you are definitely not so I'm focussing all my efforts on you. If the game is not won by tomorrow, we can look at Shanks then.

posted 12-18-09 10:45 AM CT (US)     706 / 742  
    Actually, if you're the only one left, then you must be the one making the kill.
    No that's just what Julius has told you. We know there are 2 Scientologist left. This much has been confirmed by what Czech has told us. Whoever did the converting and the convertee are stiill alive.

posted 12-18-09 11:07 PM CT (US)     707 / 742  
    You don't need a converter to convert people; just like how you don't need a hitman to kill.

posted 12-19-09 05:34 PM CT (US)     708 / 742  
    You don't need a converter to convert people;
    There usually is a converter which converts people.
    just like how you don't need a hitman to kill.
    That's something totally different. A hitman is an added role which basicaly splits the Mafia Godfather role into 2 roles, the one that kills (Hitman) and the one that is seen as innocent under investigation (Mafia GF).

Guys you need to decide who you're going to lynch now. Start placing votes. I'm loking at NomadicNoodle, Blatant7, and Shanks13.

posted 12-19-09 05:40 PM CT (US)     709 / 742  
    Guys you need to decide who you're going to lynch now. Start placing votes. I'm loking at NomadicNoodle, Blatant7, and Shanks13.
    Wow. Half the people playing, and pushing for a fast lynch. I don't think so.

posted 12-19-09 06:51 PM CT (US)     710 / 742  
    I can't put my finger on it, but I have a strange niggling feeling that Julius and Shanks are playing us..

Julius, did you ever give us your watcher results? If so, mind stating the post number?
    posted 12-19-09 08:12 PM CT (US)     711 / 742  
    Well as you approach the endgame with the result still up in the air it's easy to be suspicious. All you can do is think it through rationally and make a decision.

Noodle, I have stated my role, actions and results more than once. To briefly summarise, aside from my isolation power, I have the ability to target people and if they disappear I learn who targetted them. Last night I targetted Czech, who disappeared, and so I learned that Droideka had targetted him.

If it would help make your mind up I could find plenty of examples of Droideka acting anti-town since the time of the conversion. Frankly though, I think the length and content of Droideka's latest posts show he has given up.

posted 12-20-09 02:46 AM CT (US)     712 / 742  
    Wow. Half the people playing, and pushing for a fast lynch. I don't think so.

Not pushing for a fast lynch. We've discussed for a long time. I just want people to start deciding.

And yeah with the weak reasoning behind your vote and Julius's deffending of you earlier I can see the Julius+Shanks scum relationship.
    I can't put my finger on it, but I have a strange niggling feeling that Julius and Shanks are playing us..

Julius, did you ever give us your watcher results? If so, mind stating the post number?
    He doesn't have any results to his role.

Conveniantly, he only gets watcher results during "certain times".

Also if you remember Shank's earlier role claim I think we agreed that it made no sense. He's a Scientologist whose immune to being converted for some reason.

posted 12-20-09 08:58 AM CT (US)     713 / 742  
    ========================= Vote Count =========================

• Droideka_11: 3 (Julius999, Beelzebub, Shanks13)
  • Julius999: 1 (Droideka_11)

Player(s) in red has the most votes against them. Players in brackets are voters. There are 6 players accounted for so 4 votes are required for a lynch.

============================= =============================

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
  • posted 12-20-09 09:38 AM CT (US)     714 / 742  
    I think I'll restate some of my key points.
    Conveniantly, he only gets watcher results during "certain times".
    This was made very clear during my original claim. Droideka had no problem with it then. His sudden change of mind when he was accused is suspicious.

He claimed to have missed my original claim. This was a lie, see Post 690.

For quite a while Droideka has been more or less inactive, yet he popped up immediately when accused. This suggests lurking, which is usually scummy.

Droideka was heavily in favour of the ferret lynch. In fact, if you look back he was in favour of speed-lynching ferret without even hearing any other claims.

Droideka tried to use the lynch of Wulf as evidence in his favour, despite this happening before the conversion. This looks like an attempt to mislead by using inapplicable evidence.

Droideka has tried to use all this bogus reasoning that convertees can't usually make the night kill. Anyone who's ever been in a cult or mafia with a converting power can tell you that's wrong.

Droideka has been trying to paint me as protecting Shanks when it's obvious that my only motive is to get him lynched today.

I am the only person in this game who has claimed any sort of protective role. How likely do you think it is that a 17 player game has no protective role at all?

This should be cut and dried.

posted 12-20-09 05:56 PM CT (US)     715 / 742  
    Frankly, the protective role thing doesn't work for you, since there's a roleblocker mason, which is kind of a recompensation for the lack of a doctor. I trust your watcher role more than that one-shot isolator.

Anyway, I will do this one more time.
    Noodle, Blatant, and Shanks are not the killer. That leaves Droid, Julius, and me. Remove me, since Julius accused Droid of killing Czech, and he denied it, so one of them must be lying as they can't both be telling the truth.

Now, we've a 1/2 chance of catching scum.
    For Droid, just look at Julius's list above. O, and he looks pretty desperate.
    For Julius, I don't think he's scum trying to fool us with fake results. There are much better targets than Droid, namely me and Shanks (or even Blatant). No need to go in depth with Shanks, but I led the lynch (kinda) on dsmi, did I not? I am one of the VTs and basically did nothing the entire game, which means I cannot use anything to defend myself if accused (Not that the Sir Wulf incident is any useful to Droid). Methinks I make a better target than Droid. I mean, what can I say, beside, "No, I didn't." And if you choose to trust a VT over a Watcher, I don't know what's wrong with you.

posted 12-20-09 07:43 PM CT (US)     716 / 742  
    Frankly, the protective role thing doesn't work for you, since there's a roleblocker mason, which is kind of a recompensation for the lack of a doctor.
    Actually that's a valid point. But I would still find it odd that there wasn't a bona fide protective role. Roleblocking does reduce the number of deaths, but it's significantly different (offensive rather than defensive). I guess it's not my most powerful argument though.

posted 12-25-09 01:25 AM CT (US)     717 / 742  
    Comon, guys, lynch Droid and get this game over with D:

posted 12-25-09 10:44 AM CT (US)     718 / 742  
    Ah well, screw it.

posted 12-25-09 11:18 PM CT (US)     719 / 742  
    So um, Julius, was you scum?

posted 12-27-09 07:54 AM CT (US)     720 / 742  
    Droideka was the chosen target but it was not unaninmous. Much convincing was required but in the end he had to die. He would not stop screaming as they dragged him to meet his maker.

"You're making a mistake! Don't be fools!"

His neck snapped with ease. Perhaps it was the cold.

• Droideka_11, a picketer, has been lynched. He won with the town.

It is now NIGHT SEVEN.

Please send your night actions to the host as soon as possible. Night will last a maximum of 48 hours, with a degree of leniency.

• posted 12-27-09 08:47 AM CT (US)     721 / 742  
    So um, Julius, was you scum?
    Looks that way.

posted 12-27-09 02:53 PM CT (US)     722 / 742  
    *sigh* So it was Julius and Shanks then...
    posted 12-27-09 03:00 PM CT (US)     723 / 742  
    Why do you continue to insist on blaming me?...

posted 12-27-09 03:09 PM CT (US)     724 / 742  
    I think this is my fault D:
    Well, this is what I get for being an inactive.
    I be sorry, DragonQ, for playing horridly.

posted 12-27-09 03:27 PM CT (US)     725 / 742  
    I would mostly blame Droideka if I were you. He could have argued against me much harder than he did, when he was the only townie who knew for sure I was lying. There was plenty of evidence against me that was never brought up, like desperately defending Heir on Day 2. Instead all these bogus arguments were raised like the roleblocking one, which were pretty easy to shoot down (after all I had deliberately chosen not to act that night). And then he shot himself in the foot over my original claim.

posted 12-27-09 05:51 PM CT (US)     726 / 742  
    Why do you continue to insist on blaming me?...
    Well, if I'm confirmed by Vampiric, Bub practically quoted his mail, Julius admitted he's scum and Blatant has to be town otherwise the game would be over (i.e his faith roleblock is the only thing preventing the Scientologist kill) then surely it has to be you?
    posted 12-27-09 07:06 PM CT (US)     727 / 742  
    Blatant7 donned his camouflage gear after deciding this situation demanded a serious response. Whilst checking his cool factor in the mirror before leaving, he got an anonymous message on his mobile reading "just saw Julius at the church". Perfect, he thought. He got in his ridiculously expensive but suspiciously quiet Land Rover and began the five minute journey to the abandoned church. The situation was indeed serious but that did not mean he could not enjoy his night-time activities, so he played his Abba CD on the way.

He parked up far enough away from the church so that he could not have been heard. All those weeks of stealth training were about to come in handy as he took quite a while to crawl to an open side window. He slithered in and was delighted to see Julius threatening a figure he couldn't make out in the corner. He applied his ninja skills perfectly as he skipped and leaped across the benches, jumped on Julius' back and disarmed him, all in under a second.

"You were warned to expect us!", he proclaimed. Julius was quivering in fear. However, as Blatant turned him over, the crying turned into laughing.

"You fool!", he blurted. Blatant glanced at the knife he was now brandishing. It was rubber. He shone his torch towards the corner to reveal the dark figure as a scarecrow dressed as a pirate. Julius' manic outburst continued:

"Looks like you picked the wrong dude, man, mwahahahaha! You're too late, Dr. Noodlestein is already dead bahahahaaha!"

Blatant did not say a word, instead staring at the scarecrow, blaming himself for the miscalculation that had cost his friend's life and, most likely, his own.

• NomadicNoodle, a picketer, has been declared missing. He won with the town.

GAME OVER. The Scientologists are victorious!

[This message has been edited by DragonQ (edited 12-27-2009 @ 07:08 PM).]

• posted 12-27-09 07:11 PM CT (US)     728 / 742  
    Well, aside from the loss I greatly enjoyed this game - I liked the roles used, notably Phaethon's.

Inactivity damaged it towards the end (though that was general of HG Main, not specifically this game) and it was somewhat frustrating to lose despite practically having the game in the bag near the beginning.
    posted 12-27-09 07:21 PM CT (US)     729 / 742  
    You're lucky you guys killed me when you did. I totally called Julius. I didn't say it, and I regret that. Pretty sure I hinted it in my day three posts when my suspicion grew the most. When I was killed, I knew for sure he was scum.

As for Shanks, I didn't have any idea. He was quite willing to lynch Wulf, which was a very good move for the scientologists. Likely if Julius was caught, Shanks would be easily catchable as noted, he was the only one who could be scum if not Blatant.

To Blatant: It was obvious Shanks was going to make the kill. Julius admitting he's scum? A very mean spirited attempt to draw the fire at night. That wasn't good play Julius, if I were in DQ's position I'd change Blatant's roleblock to Shanks and let faith decide your fate.

To Henrz: Like I say in every post-game, play better! I'll make it simple, FIGHT to live regardless of alignment. Too often I see you lynched as town, what the heck?! You're a liability to play with, scum can easily push lynches on you. Heck, if I absolutely needed to I could push a lynch on you with no effort at all. That isn't right.

I do admit that you did a great job pushing a lynch on Droid, Julius. I just didn't like the rule breaking to put yourself ahead of the town.

Also, other than Julius getting Droid lynched Shanks definitely played the best scum game. Overall I'd place him above Julius. I can't say you guys deserve the win, because we don't know how it really would of turned out. Don't expect congratulations.

Droid can we has day in Matrix and Ridgevale, please?

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil

[This message has been edited by Xzyiothe (edited 12-27-2009 @ 07:29 PM).]

posted 12-27-09 08:04 PM CT (US)     730 / 742  
    For clarification, Julius was my convertee. I was hoping I'd be investigated because IIRC, I was a ghost and would be confirmed then.

posted 12-27-09 08:12 PM CT (US)     731 / 742  
    L. Ron Hubbard (Shanks13)
    Team: Mafia.
    Group: Scientologists.
    Group Powers: Can kidnap one player each night. If successful, that player will be out of the game unless they are found at a later stage.
    Powers: Iron.
    Hidden Powers: None.
    Abilities: None.
    1 Shot Abilities: Can recruit one player during any night, converting them to the Scientologists. The converted player loses any abilities and powers they may have had.

Tom Cruise (Kyle Santos)
    Group Powers: Can kidnap one player each night. If successful, that player will be out of the game unless they are found at a later stage.
    Powers: None.
    1 Shot Abilities: Can permanently change one player's vote for the current day. That person must have already voted in the current day.

Katie Holmes (Heir of Elessar)
    1 Shot Abilities: Appears as a non-Scientologist if investigated for the first time.

John Travolta (Sir Wulf)
    1 Shot Abilities: Can frame a non-Scientologist during any night. That player appears as a Scientologist if they are investigated in the current night.

Anonymous Hacker #1 (Blatant7)
    Team: Town.
    Group: Anonymous Hackers (mason group).
    Group Powers: Roleblock. If either Anonymous Hacker dies, the remaining Anonymous Hacker has a 50% chance of their roleblocks failing.
    Hidden Powers: Cannot be converted by the Scientologists.
    1 Shot Abilities: None.

Anonymous Hacker #2 (EnemyofJupitor)
    Group: Anonymous Hackers (mason group).
    Group Powers: Roleblock. If either Anonymous Hacker dies, the remaining Anonymous Hacker has a 50% chance of their roleblocks failing.

Mark Bunker (Phaethon180)
    Group: None.
    Group Powers: None.
    1 Shot Abilities: Can "find" one "missing" player at any time during the game. However, Mark Bunker must immediately go into hiding (i.e. be declared "missing") after using this ability.

Patroling Policeman (vampiric canniba)
    Abilities: Can investigate one player per night to discover whether they are a Scientologist or not.

Scientologist Infiltrator (dsmi1)
    Powers: Is told when a player has been converted by the Scientologists and when a Scientologist has been enlightened. However, the Scientologist Infiltrator is not told which events they receive information about, just that they will receive information about the Scientologists.
    Hidden Powers: Appears as a Scientologist when investigated.

Detective Chief Inspector (Julius999)
    Abilities: Can spy on one player per night. If that player is declared missing, they learn who targeted them during that night.
    1 Shot Abilities: Can hire police protection for a player during one night. That player is unaffected by any other actions targeted at them that night.

Lead Picketer / Picketer #1 (Czech Centurian)
    Hidden Powers: Votes count twice (i.e. is noble).

Picketer #2 (Henrz)

Picketer #3 (Beelzebub)

Picketer #4 (NomadicNoodle)

Picketer #5 (Droideka_11)

Ghost of Lisa McPherson (theferret)
    1 Shot Abilities: Can enlighten one Scientologist during the night, which causes them to win with the town. If a non-Scientologist is targeted, nothing happens. Neither the target or Lisa McPherson are told anything.

Easily Distracted Insane Scientologist Serial Killer (Ashrzr)
    Team: Third Party.
    Powers: The first person to target this player during each night is killed.
    Hidden Powers: Cannot be converted by the Scientologists. If lynched, the player casting the deciding vote is killed.
    Abilities: Can kill one player each night if not targeted by any other player.

posted 12-27-09 08:12 PM CT (US)     732 / 742  
    Night 0

• NOTE: The Scientologists were allowed to kidnap a player on this night. No other actions were permitted.
  • Kyle Santos kidnaps Ashrzr
  • Ashrzr kills Kyle Santos in retaliation

Day 1
  • Sir Wulf is lynched

Night 1
  • Heir of Elessar kidnaps theferret (blocked)
  • Blatant7 blocks Heir of Elessar
  • Shanks13 converts Julius999 (success)
  • dsmi1 is told that someone has been converted to the Scientologist Movement
  • vampiric canniba investigates Xzyiothe (not Scientologist)
  • Julius999 spies on Phaethon180

Day 2
  • Heir of Elessar is lynched

Night 2
  • Shanks13 kidnaps Xzyiothe
  • vampiric canniba investigates Phaethon180 (not Scientologist)
  • Xzyiothe blocks Phaethon180

Day 3
  • Phaethon180 finds Xzyiothe
  • Henrz is lynched

Night 3
  • Julius999 kidnaps Xzyiothe
  • vampiric canniba investigates NomadicNoodle (not Scientologist)

Day 4
  • theferret is lynched

Night 4
  • Julius999 kidnaps vampiric canniba
  • vampiric canniba investigates dsmi1 (Scientologist)
  • Blatant7 blocks Shanks13 (success)

Day 5
  • NOTE: No lynch because of inactivity.

Night 5
  • Shanks13 kidnaps no-one
  • Blatant7 blocks Shanks13 (failure)

Day 6
  • dsmi1 is lynched

Night 6
  • Julius999 kidnaps Czech Centurian

Day 7
  • Droideka_11 is lynched

Night 7
  • Shanks13 kidnaps NomadicNoodle
  • Blatant7 blocks Julius999 (failure)

[This message has been edited by DragonQ (edited 12-27-2009 @ 08:14 PM).]

• posted 12-27-09 09:38 PM CT (US)     733 / 742  
    In review, I'm amazed the town didn't win. Within the first two days, four enemies were taken out, without a single town loss, save for my conversion of Julius.

posted 12-28-09 00:25 AM CT (US)     734 / 742  
    Great job, scum! Seriously, how did the town not win?
    For clarification, Julius was my convertee.
    And my idea. I knew he was the best player you could possibly have on your side. Sadly, that's the only bit of credit I can take from this game...

Nice game DragonQ!

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 12-28-09 01:14 AM CT (US)     735 / 742  
    Great job, scum! Seriously, how did the town not win?
    I honestly don't know. Serious props to Shanks and Julius for pulling victory from defeat, though.
    posted 12-28-09 07:34 AM CT (US)     736 / 742  
    Wow. When I was converted I really did not think we had a chance of pulling that out of the bag.

I liked this game, and I thought the setup was pretty good, especially some of the roles like my original one. However, in my opinion the setup was very tough for the town, and I think the Scientologists probably were a bit over-powered. It was only because of an incredible series of coincidences that they managed to gain the upper hand so convincingly (the lynch of Wulf was a great call though).
    You're lucky you guys killed me when you did. I totally called Julius. I didn't say it, and I regret that. Pretty sure I hinted it in my day three posts when my suspicion grew the most. When I was killed, I knew for sure he was scum.
    Why do you think we killed you then? It was pretty clear you were going to be a big problem the next day (you did hint it). Also we wanted to give the impression that the scum were after the Masons, which would draw protective roles to them, leaving the Cop vulnerable. Finally, when you were revived you were basically confirmed town so you had to be killed off as soon as possible. It was hardly "lucky".

I did completely give myself away by defending Heir though. At the time I thought that if we lost Heir we'd lost the game, so it was worth the risk. Fortunately for us the town dropped the ball and never really chased me up for it.
    Julius admitting he's scum? A very mean spirited attempt to draw the fire at night. That wasn't good play Julius, if I were in DQ's position I'd change Blatant's roleblock to Shanks and let faith decide your fate.
    What? All's fair in love and war. This is a game of lying and deception... and besides, it was pretty obvious I was scum when Droid turned up town.

Technically I broke the rule about not posting in the night, but then if I were to be punished for that then so would pretty much everyone else in the entire game. The mod apparently chose to use his discretion with that rule.

[This message has been edited by Julius999 (edited 12-28-2009 @ 07:43 AM).]

posted 12-28-09 07:51 AM CT (US)     737 / 742  
    Good game guys. I was really suspecting Julius towards the end. And I would have posted about it had I not been kidnapped.

Czech Centurian
    "Most Checks are written, I'm a Czech that was born."

Save Water, Drink Beer

posted 12-28-09 10:20 AM CT (US)     738 / 742  
    I should elaborate, I didn't like you admitting you're scum as arrogant as you did it during the night phase. Getting Droid lynched on fake results is fine, and I complimented you on that. You went too far when you attempted to draw fire when the game already made it to night.

At least with the results one could argue some sort of redirector, heck, with a watcher a sanity is a tough push, but still decent. There were ways to fight it the next day but you deliberately admitted you were scum, quite arrogantly, in a not entirely subtle, but still effective manner to get the roleblock.

When you broke the rules you no longer won by skill, you won by rule breaking and a 50% chance. That isn't right, or just deception.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 12-28-09 01:11 PM CT (US)     739 / 742  
    I don't accept that at all. Noodle for example was happy to post during night, naming my scum partner. Previously, Droideka and vampiric had also posted at night without punishment. Right at the start of the game at least one townie basically broke the email quoting rule.

It was apparent that DragonQ was being lenient (nothing unusual) in interpreting the posting during night rule. He was entitled to do so, like when he changed his mind about enforcing the vote formatting rule. Drawing fire in the way I did was totally legitimate, arrogant or not. Why should I withold my alignment when it's in my interest to reveal it and there's nothing stopping me? I don't complain that the town lynched Wulf based on shameless meta-gaming.

We may just have to agree to differ on this.

posted 12-28-09 03:36 PM CT (US)     740 / 742  
    a 50% chance
    Technically a 25% chance, as Blatant was faith... .5 probability of getting the right guy, .5 probability of success -> .5(.5) = .25

posted 12-28-09 07:31 PM CT (US)     741 / 742  
    If the faith was successful I'd really expect the block to be granted regardless of who it was used against. Maybe DQ is that lenient. Maybe he isn't. But Julius is admitting what he did, and no it's different from Noodle saying Shanks is scum after you already admitted you are scum, Julius. Two wrongs don't make a right. And Noodle could easily of been scum (was still slightly possible with a ghost, which oddly enough was actually Shanks) and be pushing the focus on his self outted scumbuddy and the guy with no investigation on him.

Completely different.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    posted 12-28-09 07:54 PM CT (US)     742 / 742  
    Not quite Xzy, we actually had to choose which of us did the kidnapping each night.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 13 14 15  Next Page »
    HeavenGames » Forums » HG Main Mafia Forum » Scientology Mafia ~ ENDGAME
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    HeavenGames