Stronghold: Invasions » Andora chapter 4 The City of Stars

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Andora chapter 4 The City of Stars

Author File Description
Dougleass
File Details
Map Size: 400x400 (Large)
Difficulty: Normal
This is the fourth map in the campaign. To learn more about the campaign, and to play the first maps, please go to the first chapter, and the second chapter, and the
third chapter. Once again, I would to thank God Avo for playtesting this map.
A little trivia about this map is that it actually is the first map I made in this campaign. I started it in late February! But it doesn't mean i've worked nonstop with it since then. Anyways, I hope you will enjoy it.

Here's a link to the sixth chapter which then you can get linked to every chapter of the campaign.

They opened the gate and Teudor entered the glorious city of Cuarna. It was bigger than he thought it was and it was full of white towers. It was magnificent. It was full of working people. The architecture was incredible. The city felt so ancient…so wise. On top of a tower, he saw Cuarna’s blue flag stream in the wind.
Teudor followed the main road that led to the castle. His men followed him, and Lando was constantly by his side. When Teudor entered the last gate, he was greeted by a leader of the city, the leader of the high council of Cuarna. “We welcome you wanderers. My name is Lotharus. What brings you here?” He asked Teudor. He noticed Teudor was the leader of the group.
“I bring grave news Lotharus; from Bavelock.” The news hadn’t reached Cuarna yet, but Teudor could see Lotharus understood by then. Yet he continued. “Gadoa’s grasp has reached Bavelock. His fire consumed the city and Malar with it. These men managed to flee together with me… Malar has given me the order to do what he could not… I will kill The Snake, in the name of Malar Moonsky.” I said. He was silence for a while because of the news, but then said “Then we shall help you… For the sake of our fallen king.”

Enjoy!
-Dougleass
gavelin989@hotmail.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
God Avo Not very much tips I can give for this, just organize your troops very well ;)
This map has taken over 5 or so months to make, and the map is just purely breathtaking.
Enjoy!
Keith691 Very good map Dougleass I loved it in every way, you balanced it perfectly the design was amazing the scenary was incredible, the ship was fantastic and you have an incredible skill at making maps. P.S, how do you get the cenurlations on the walls to go straight? Also how do you get the villagers to work even in the editor?

[Edited on 08/23/06 @ 03:07 PM]

lollard97367 Great city and ship so far, awesome work

I like the granary area. The blacksmiths and poleturners start making the wrong weapons to make troops. Intended?

[Edited on 08/23/06 @ 04:55 PM]

lollard97367 Playability: 4
Troop selection is turned off for macemen and spearmen, however the weapons shops make spears and maces (also a cache in the armory too). If you want the player to work on weapons and reinforcements, it should be easier to play that. Otherwise superior work as always dougelass, what a giant battle with sniper shots everywhere and epic sized hand to hand melee.

Balance: 5
I played this twice. 2nd score

playing level: 5000
troops lost 61%: 3900
score: 8900

So 5 balance. I liked the city balance too.

Creativity: 5
What a great campaign and details. This campaign could be a book or longer mini series story.

Map Design: 5
Working city with spectacular vistas and terraced fountain work. The bulk of the fighting took place near the keep on the stairs. Again great work here.

Story/Instructions: 5
5 due to the ongoing campaign and map work on the description page.

Additional Comments:
Keep it up Dougleass

[Edited on 08/24/06 @ 04:05 AM]

Dougleass
File Author
I don't want to picky, but you said you gave me a 5 in story, though you gave a 4 ;p

The weapon thing was not intended. Actually I forgot to change them from spears to pikes, and maces to swords in the beginning. And with the beginning, I mean when I made all those sav. to map. switches to make the stockpiles correct. And since that took such a long time, the people got a long time to produce the wrong weapons. But I think I know how to fix that.
edit- has been fixed.

Anyways, thanks for the review.

[Edited on 08/24/06 @ 02:12 AM]

Llungki pey
(id: younghappy)
!W!O!W!!!!! This map looks amazing, I think i've sorted out my download problem so i'll download all of your Andora maps and hopfully rate one of them! (returning the favor from your rating of Dalriada: Monarch of the Glens)

Any particular map you would like me to rate?

YH

[Edited on 08/24/06 @ 05:29 AM]

Dougleass
File Author
Not really...perhaps Pass of Cauros since it hasn't been rated yet.
God Avo The pass of Cauros has been the hardest one yet ;)
And this map deserved a nice score of 4.6 - 5.0 for the amount of effort, balance and thought you and the player puts in it.
Keith691 Playability 5, A very fun map to play, most of the fighting was around the main staircase. ( I pulled all my troops back there)

Balance 5, The balance was perfect for me and i had no problem beating it. Even though they probably had more troops you added towers within the city so i can fire on them from above.

Creativity 5, A wonderful story and Campiagn,but this has to be one of my favorite maps from you because once you start the game you see the villagers already busy so it's like a living breathing city.

Map Design 5, I love the city so much, expescally the main keep area with the ocean surrounding it. I also liked the ship that you built.

Story/Instructions 5, Very good story, you should add extra missions after your done with the campiagn because i would hate to see this story and campiagn start to die after the last and final mission.

[Edited on 08/25/06 @ 10:51 AM]

Dougleass
File Author
lol, its no problem. Atleast now you know how to do.
Thanks for the review. I appreciate it.

[Edited on 08/24/06 @ 04:23 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown