Please login or register

Emperor: Multi Player Hall
Moderated by Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How to Play Multi-player Campaigns by Yourself
posted 06-19-09 20:16 ET (US)   
Players may still explore the archives of playing multi-player campaigns by playing them solo, in single-player mode. These instructions explain how.

1. Start Emperor:RotMK

2. Choose Multiplayer

• a. IF you have a software firewall you may get a request to allow 'Emperor.exe' to access it.
  • b. You may also get a request to allow ports on IPs 255.255.255.255 & whatever you locally assigned computer IP is.
  • c. I allow these requests, but I also have a hardware firewall. I dont expect that there is any danger in leaving the permissions open even without a hardware firewall, but the paranoid minded can alwas revolk the permissions after each play session and disconnect from the internet while playing.
  • d. Since Sierra servers have been disconnected, I assume it is normal to get 'Status: Failed to initialize online system' message. I gather that changing WONVersion.cfg Servers to a 3rd part might change this, but I don't have the interest to play online.

3. Click 'Other Multiplayer' at the bottom.

4. First time starting a multiplayer session, I prefer to setup the 'Options' tab. This isn't necissary subsequent play sessions.

• a. I set 'Connection Speed' to 'DSL/Cable'. Then I 'Add' a 'Username' to get rid of the default 'Newbie' name.

5. Click 'LAN' tab, then click 'Host Game'.

• a. I choose a 'Game Name', set 'Skill Level' to 'Expert'(personal challenge choice), choose to 'Password
  • Protect'(personal choice), then click 'Create Game'. This is repeated every time you restart Emperor so you might want to develope your own standard inputs.

6. 'Game Options' tab(lower portion) is the default starting point. 'Game Type' is the first choice; 'New Game' if you want to start a new campaign or 'Save Game' if you are returning to finish a campaign.

• a. Personally, I think Breakaway screwed up the layout order of 'Campaigns/Game Type'. It can be fixed by editing C:\Sierra\EmperorRotMK\Res\GameOptionsCtrl.cfg.
  • b. The 'Help' tab provides the basics, but I initially had a little difficulty figuring out how to 'Save' and 'ReLoad' a MPsavegame.

Note: Special thanks to TuShaWuJin for writing these instructions.

Expand your fun by downloading free custom campaigns for Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.
Visit Zeus Heaven to expand your knowledge of Zeus and Poseidon.
Replies:
posted 06-20-09 03:35 ET (US)     1 / 3  
Actually, that was some notes I was keeping while playing around with the MP LAN setup.
The original idea and much better instructions were from this thread.
The main point of my email was that since I was interested in the idea then perhaps a sticky instruction might spur some more interest. Some of the MP MAPs having Canals & Great Walls prevents them being played in 'Open Play' and creating a new campaign can be a hassle.
For now it is a work in progress that I will allow Gweilo to edit into something less scramble brained
Feel free to move the text to the bottom of this post if you think it has value.

[This message has been edited by TuShaWuJin (edited 06-20-2009 @ 03:46 AM).]

posted 04-06-16 11:46 ET (US)     2 / 3  
Why is this in Scenario Design?
Be more useful in Multiplayer, though I understand it being here as a way to test multiplayer campaigns.
Perhaps, both locations?

Moderator: delete/edit this post as you see fit.
posted 04-08-16 05:51 ET (US)     3 / 3  
Moved

Expand your fun by downloading free custom campaigns for Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.
Visit Zeus Heaven to expand your knowledge of Zeus and Poseidon.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Emperor: Multi Player Hall » How to Play Multi-player Campaigns by Yourself
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames