You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Mod Making
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Re-implement unused sfx for Cursed, Vertigo, poisoned debuffs?
posted 01-21-18 07:51 PM EDT (US)   
When a unit is stunned by lightning, frozen by cold, or set of fire we hear a sound effect ingame. There are also sound effects for cursed, poisoned, and vertigo in the SFX/Attack folder in the game files, yet we never hear them in game. Those .WAV files can be seen referenced when looking at those debuffs in the abilities tab of the editor, yet they don't play ingame.

I'm guessing the game isn't set up to play an sfx when those debuffs are inflicted. If it was going to play an sfx at all, the relevant sfx files already exist, but it's not made to play them.

Anyone know how to re-implement these sounds? I'm guessing it would require hex editing.
Replies:
posted 01-24-18 08:42 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2  
Hi Ziggurat Mason. Well i would like to know that too.
It is sad why we can not add more sounds for world map places like cities, mines, nodes etc.
I managed too add a new wav sounds for new units or old also. But wavs for world map places seems not possible.
Well it seems Triumph studios who'd be nice to refresh theirs old games like Microsoft do with Age of Empires. At least pacth for fixing things like that.
I don't know how to use hex editor either is there any tutorial?
posted 02-25-18 03:51 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2  
I can not help with this.
I only want to say hello to you old guys.
So... "Hello" and "nice to see you"

AoWSM Maps: 1. Marlenes Welt 2. Marlenes Schatten 3. Marlenes Gnade
Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. Davidīs Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marleneīs_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
11. AoW I Sound Set for AoWSM 12. Gentleman Rules Set
Need Help? The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe
Proud member of the Upatch 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6 Team
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Mod Making » Re-implement unused sfx for Cursed, Vertigo, poisoned debuffs?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames