Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Barbarian Bash Tournament Bracket
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 29 July 2005 14:17 EDT (US)   
Check out the Bracket!

If you have any questions about feel free to ask here.

For more information on the tournament check out the signups thread. If you're looking for information on someone you're playing type Ctrl + F and input their name as found on the bracket. You'll be zoomed to their signup post with information.

Show up on time, talk to Doitzel if there's any problems, and everything should go great.

There will be no official forum party, but I expect extra games to be played anyway if elimination occurs early.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper

[This message has been edited by Adder (edited 07-29-2005 @ 02:22 PM).]

Replies:
posted 29 July 2005 14:50 EDT (US)     1 / 35  
Exe1 hmm I am nervous.
posted 29 July 2005 15:07 EDT (US)     2 / 35  
I really should have practised.

Hmmm, no-one I've played before until the semis.

///scipio_africanus\\\
"Scipio rules. Nelson sucks." - Jax
"I have a shrine to Scipio in my closet."- Doitzel
"posting a link with no sort of comment or explanation is not something we readily condone in OD." - GillB
The Gamers' Manifesto|Welcome to HG!|The Sanatorium
Winner of the Order of Doitzel!
posted 29 July 2005 15:39 EDT (US)     3 / 35  
Good luck out there guys! Again, direct any questions toward me.

Oh, and this is my first time. So bear with me.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
posted 29 July 2005 17:47 EDT (US)     4 / 35  
Man, looks pretty cool, wish I'd been available.
Good luck all...
Hope you have an Exe1 ellent day Scipiing around the battlefield...

..oo{Desolation Khan}oo..
Age, catamite - fac mihi hunc diem felicissimum

i.e. Go ahead, punk - make my day

posted 29 July 2005 17:53 EDT (US)     5 / 35  
Oh crap, I have a bye the first round how I am suppose to beat that. Just Kidding

Good look to all the contestants.

posted 29 July 2005 18:11 EDT (US)     6 / 35  
Adder why did you put John with Scipio John is a begginer and Scipio is Moderate. Scipio even won the HG singles Contest.
posted 29 July 2005 18:53 EDT (US)     7 / 35  
***Put the empty hanger back into the closet***

Well no T-shirt for me.

Seriously I'm hampered by this nagging hamstring injury, and I'm sure the sun will be in my eyes.

There, I've practiced my excuses.

Good luck to you all!

Hey Scipiio make sure you stay up real late tonight and read all my stories and articles. Yeah, and don't bother setting your alarm, I'm sure you'll wake up on time. :^)

Anybody else got any ideas???

Life is full of challenges. You can either step up to them, or step out of the way. The ones who step up, are the ones who will someday rule the world.
posted 29 July 2005 19:50 EDT (US)     8 / 35  
Din't worry John we were both Getting Better.
posted 29 July 2005 20:13 EDT (US)     9 / 35  

Quote:

Adder why did you put John with Scipio John is a begginer and Scipio is Moderate. Scipio even won the HG singles Contest.

It's called seeding, Dio. It insures that the best players don't need to play each other early and knock each other out.

Besides, I'm assuming you guys'll play some friendly matches once you do get knocked out. There's not going to be an official forum party because of this.

Adder |
"I would like to wonder if Adder always acts like a stuck up asshole?" - Coldviper

[This message has been edited by Adder (edited 07-29-2005 @ 08:16 PM).]

posted 29 July 2005 20:55 EDT (US)     10 / 35  
I can vouch for John's skill. I can tell you confidently that he doesn't have to put away his hanger yet.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
posted 29 July 2005 22:30 EDT (US)     11 / 35  
Good luck, everyone. May favourable winds blow your way!

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
posted 29 July 2005 22:56 EDT (US)     12 / 35  
Yes, John is pretty good i think our final score was me 2 and him 3.
posted 29 July 2005 23:09 EDT (US)     13 / 35  

Quote:

Exe1 hmm I am nervous.

Dont be, I have not played you before, and it has occured to me that I have completly forgotten the rules. Should be an intersting tournament. Good luck all.

Share our wealth!
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
As far as I can tell, Baltimore is in redneck country ~ Bored Scotsman
You all realize that both Halo and Starcraft stole their storyline from tetris, right? ~He113ent
posted 29 July 2005 23:15 EDT (US)     14 / 35  
Ian told me you are good.
posted 30 July 2005 02:26 EDT (US)     15 / 35  
@Dio

Actually, I added our totals up and we played 10 singles matches. You beat me in 4 of them. I'd say you made a good accounting of yourself.

To everyone else, just have fun!

Oh and Scipiio, don't forget day light savings time is tonight and set your clock back an hour.

***rubs hands together evilly, and prays Scipio falls for his trick***

Life is full of challenges. You can either step up to them, or step out of the way. The ones who step up, are the ones who will someday rule the world.
posted 30 July 2005 04:26 EDT (US)     16 / 35  
Don't worry, the tournament starts a 5pm here, and I'm awake, bright and bushy-tailed now at 9am.

///scipio_africanus\\\
"posting a link with no sort of comment or explanation is not something we readily condone in OD." - GillB
posted 30 July 2005 08:28 EDT (US)     17 / 35  
Scipio is awake at least for a couple of hours now. We already had some practice runs.

Friesian

posted 30 July 2005 08:41 EDT (US)     18 / 35  
General Tomzilla

I'm doomed

POSTER NUMBER ONE IN HOLY ROMAN PARTY XV
"Live forever, or die trying!"
TWH Baths Forumer of the Month - November 06
posted 30 July 2005 09:08 EDT (US)     19 / 35  

Quote:

Scipio is awake at least for a couple of hours now.

After the performance I gave, there was no evidence I was awake.

///scipio_africanus\\\
posted 30 July 2005 12:38 EDT (US)     20 / 35  
First round results:

Scipio_africanus defeats Johndisp!
Dio defeats exe1!
GloryofSparta defeats Ferret!
The TENTH LEGION defeats Evil_Beagle!
BigD4788 defeats Obetrice!

Note: GloryofSparta took place of General Tomzilla, and Brock88 and PCBeverage did not show.

That's it for round one.

Round two matches:

Firesian vs. GloryofSparta
Ichbinian vs. The TENTH LEGION
Scipio_africanus vs. BigD4788
Dio - BYE

[This message has been edited by Doitzel (edited 07-30-2005 @ 12:43 PM).]

posted 30 July 2005 12:51 EDT (US)     21 / 35  
Round two results:

BigD4788 defeats scipio_africanus!
Ichbinian defeats The TENTH LEGION!
GloryofSparta defeats Friesian!

[This message has been edited by Doitzel (edited 07-30-2005 @ 01:35 PM).]

posted 30 July 2005 12:59 EDT (US)     22 / 35  
Writeup of me vs GoS

I was sythia, I brought 5 HHMs 5 Nobel Horse Archers and 2 onagers to the show.

GoS Brought 4/5 Gothic Cavalry 5 Germanic Spearmen/Spear Warbands and 5 Chosen Archers.

It started with a quick maneuver from both sides until my onagers could fire and both battlines were parralel.

Before my onagers had unleashed there first round GoS rushed forward, stopping just far away enough so her archers could begin to corrode my line. I rushed me Noble HAs forward to combat this and a short archer dual began. Soon GoS rushed her Gothics into my HAs. I ordered the retreat to my main line but GoS caught me before they responded, so I charged my HHMs into The Brawl. Superior numbers made GoS's Gothics crumble and they routed. I then reordered my line and set onagers to fire normal rocks hoping to take the General out before any combat.

GoS's rallied Gothics made a mad dash for the onagers and only 5 reached my line, they soon met their makers.

GoS began to advance on My HHMs so I ran them away from the line so GoS's army turned so their flank was open to my HAs. I charged my HAs along her combined Archer/Spear Warband line taking out about 3 units by the time my HHMs engaged her General. The General was killed almost instantly.

It was all going in my favour and it didn't look like GoS could hope to win, but suddenly all but two of my General's bodygaurd died at once. My General wavered and ran, only a few units stayed behind and that was only for a few seconds. They routed, harrased by GoS's Archers as they ran.

My onagers ran a few hundred yards away from GoS's army to buy time for a few of my units to rally, they never did.

My first onager unit was shot at for a minute or two, gaining itself 3 gold chevrons in the process. However before my final onager unit perished it ran too, with only 1 bronze chevron.

I had killed many more of GoS's troops and had it not been for that freak dieing spree I most likely would have won, but GoS made the critical decision of concentrating her attack on my General unit, and it payed off.

In the end the best man (I mean, erm, Woman) won

POSTER NUMBER ONE IN HOLY ROMAN PARTY XV
"Live forever, or die trying!"
TWH Baths Forumer of the Month - November 06
posted 30 July 2005 13:16 EDT (US)     23 / 35  
Round three matches:

BigD4788 vs. Dio
Ichbinian vs. GloryofSparta

Round three results:

BigD4788 defeats Dio!
Ichbinian defeats GloryofSparta (forfeit)!

Final round:

BigD4788 vs. Ichbinian

and

GloryofSparta vs. Dio (to determine 3rd place)

[This message has been edited by Doitzel (edited 07-30-2005 @ 01:45 PM).]

posted 30 July 2005 14:17 EDT (US)     24 / 35  
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Congratulations to BigD4788, our Barbarian Bash Tournament Champion!

*Crowd cheers*

Let's also hear it for our 2nd-place winner, Ichbinian!!!

And finally, congratulations to GloryofSparta, our third-place finisher!

*Standing ovation*

Congratulations to you both!

I'd also like to thank everybody who came out and joined us for our Barbarian Bash tournament. You gave it your all and tested your skills in glorious battle. Be it in victory or defeat, you are all champions! Glory and honour to you all!

I'd also like to thank Adder, who set up this tournament and the bracket. And Cheesewiz, who kept me and the other participants company. And last but not least, GloryofSparta, for being a place-filler for one of our no-shows. This couldn't have happened without them.

Again, I'd like to congratulate our Champions, BigD4788, Ichbinian, and GloryofSparta! Thanks to all who showed up. It was a wonderful experience and, in my opinion, an overall success! See you out on the battlefield!

[This message has been edited by Doitzel (edited 07-30-2005 @ 02:20 PM).]

posted 30 July 2005 14:42 EDT (US)     25 / 35  
Thank you Doitzel, it was a great tournament. Thank you for hosting, and to Adder for setting it up, and Cheese for coming in and enjoying and helping out with the Bash.

Congratulations to the Champion, BigD! That was an awesome game - it was a pretty equal game, but you prevailed...nice going!

Congrats GoS on your third place finish!

Well played, all other players!

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Multiplayer Discussion » Barbarian Bash Tournament Bracket
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Total War Heaven | HeavenGames