Please login or register

AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AOE 10th Anniversary Image Contest
posted 11-12-07 05:05 PM ET (US)   
It's been ten years! Age of Empires was shipped in October 1997 and we want to celebrate ten years of Age. Send us a photo of your favorite Age moment, a screenshot of your greatest victory, an Age inspired cartoon, an Age themed desktop wallpaper, or some other kind of image that you've created to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Age of Empires. We'll choose a winner and some honorable mentions to share with Age fans here on our website, and shower the image creators in Age of Empires prizes.

Summary: The Age of Empires Image Contest requires entrants to submit a jpeg image by November 23rd to age3.community@ensemblestudios.com in order to win. The image should relate to the 10th anniversary of Age of Empires.

Link: Full contest rules.
Replies:
posted 11-12-07 05:41 PM ET (US)     1 / 20  
*blinks his eyes* "BLUE! BLUE AHOY!" Yep saw that passed it along to PhatFish But thanks Thunder might try something myself, pulls out Paint!

posted 11-12-07 07:54 PM ET (US)     2 / 20  
Paint on my good man!
posted 11-13-07 02:18 AM ET (US)     3 / 20  
YES SIR!

*puffs his chest out*

Our moderators are a bit busy with exams, so we is slacking off around here a bit, follow the leaders lol. But, we could plaster this on the front page I would think! ...about nine days to go... get you entries in ya'll!

BTW Thunder did you get my email that was forwarded to you from ES? Had some questions about the early days of AoE on there

(Sorry Alakazam I will no longer attempt to name you Thunder )

posted 11-13-07 02:22 PM ET (US)     4 / 20  
Actually, I handle the webmaster e-mails too. I was forwarding the e-mail to myself so I wouldn't forget!
posted 11-13-07 04:05 PM ET (US)     5 / 20  
Cool, should have done some research on who is who @ ES lol. Think I will try a small art design and a screenshot for the contest... but everyone, yes even dreadful Peter and BB , try sending something in, it is very lax submission rules there, looks like some interesting entries with so much variety allowed. Thanks to all you folks for putting this together, will try to spread the word

posted 11-13-07 05:46 PM ET (US)     6 / 20  
Boy, I'm in real trouble now. I had some insane screenies of wonderful game scenes but they're gone.
posted 11-13-07 06:03 PM ET (US)     7 / 20  
Our moderators are a bit busy with exams, so we is slacking off around here a bit, follow the leaders lol.
Quiet, you!

DR LORENZO
AoEH | Woad Creations Alumni
I of course meant bastard in a positive way! - Kor
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
posted 11-13-07 06:09 PM ET (US)     8 / 20  
Hey at least you know your mods have some brains so they have to have exams. Anyway my rain of terror will resume in a month or so.

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
"I once met a girl who looked like a camel" - Rasteve
Death of the Morads | AoEH Design Series II | Out From the Cliffs
posted 11-14-07 04:43 AM ET (US)     9 / 20  
Oh my.. I guess I failed to hide...

Seriously though, I am going to submit something.. sometime.. somehow.

Edit: One entry per person?

[This message has been edited by BBalazs (edited 11-14-2007 @ 06:02 AM).]

posted 11-14-07 09:49 AM ET (US)     10 / 20  
^
5. How To Submit Your Entry: You may submit one (1) entry for this contest.
Count me in too I'm a lil confused about the deadline date to submit, I assume it's still the 23rd? I'm asking because of paragraph 4:
4. Entry Requirements: All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on November 30, 2007 to be eligible for judging.
Thunder, IIRC you where a moderator at AoMH in the early days?
posted 11-14-07 12:28 PM ET (US)     11 / 20  
Whoa... Sounds cool, maybe I'll participate if i get some inspiration... (I'm quite low on that at the moment)

btw, touch blue name...

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
posted 11-14-07 06:19 PM ET (US)     12 / 20  
Whew -- deadline for the contest is indeed the 23rd. Typo there, my apologies.

Yeah I worked on AOKH and AOMH many moons ago, and posted here in the forums even further back than that!
posted 11-15-07 09:08 AM ET (US)     13 / 20  
Count me in. I'll see what I can come up with to amuse the masses. "Art of Age of Empires". That alone makes it worth it.

Ain't no rest for the wicked.
posted 11-16-07 12:19 PM ET (US)     14 / 20  
Ok to translate for us n00bs LOL ... YOu posted at the forums before you where an angel, then stopped posting when you became one? :P

Have an idea... need to get to work on it.. turns off Paint... opens up Thunder... *zing* "Ouch! Holy Amon Ra!" ... opens up AoE.

posted 11-16-07 02:52 PM ET (US)     15 / 20  
Hehe, sorry. I posted here at AOE Heaven, then Age of Kings came out and I migrated over to AOKH and eventually became the news poster guy there after Washizu. ...I look back in the news archive once in awhile to see all my spelling mistakes.
posted 11-21-07 06:41 PM ET (US)     16 / 20  
Ah darn, I have only 1 day to come up with a pic?... Looks like I really missed out on this fun one.
posted 11-24-07 10:48 PM ET (US)     17 / 20  
Who here entered? Let's see those screenshots!

Here is mine. (click on the pics to enlarge)

AoM, of course. Of course mine is nothing compared to the entry posted right above mine in that forum.

I like contests like these between different games as the final results are so mixed and nice. I've seen quite a few AoE3 screenies so I'm most excited about seeing the AoK and AoE entries if ES posts all of them.

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited 11-24-2007 @ 10:49 PM).]

posted 11-30-07 01:44 AM ET (US)     18 / 20  
OMG I was too late, nice one alex btw!

<3
posted 11-30-07 06:16 PM ET (US)     19 / 20  
Thanks for all the great entries! Winners will be announced on December 10th.
posted 11-30-07 07:41 PM ET (US)     20 / 20  
*Pulls out Date/Time editor and sets the date to the 10th* K where be the winnerz!? ThankZ Thunder!

Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome » AOE 10th Anniversary Image Contest
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames